Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 16:31   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am curious- in multiple reviews including our own Official review, the throw of the headlamps was quoted to be very good. Is there a levelling issue?

PS- I have also booked a Creta SXO Diesel AT.
I've also booked SX IVT variant. But headlight reviews have set me wondering here. I'm getting anxious now as delivery date is approaching.
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:26   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta petrol and Diesel prices revised, new prices list

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-smartselect_20201005172307_chrome.jpg

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-smartselect_20201005172320_chrome.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Old 5th October 2020, 17:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the led headlamp in the Seltos, Creta and almost all vehicles this side of 10 lakhs is ineffective when compared to halogens. The white/bluish spread isn't strong as the yellow.

The base models can be upgraded to led trio beam variants so I wonder if its possible to switch to the projectors in lower variant and install a hid kit?
Old 5th October 2020, 18:12   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The base models can be upgraded to led trio beam variants so I wonder if its possible to switch to the projectors in lower variant and install a hid kit?
Can be done, this is the only option I can see for a satisfactory upgrade in terms of lighting. It is much better than adding LED bulbs in halogen projector.
Old 5th October 2020, 21:23   #140
BHPian

I sincerely feel the LED setup in the Creta is powerful enough and doesn't need any upgrade whatsoever. It will be interesting to know what the other Creta or even Seltos owners (with LED setup) have to say on this.

1. Torrential rain
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20200930182936.jpg
2. Overbridge with upcoming traffic
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20200930194750.jpg
3. Dusk. Tricky ambience
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20200902181223.jpg
4. High beam throw
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20200820190219.jpg
5. Low beam throw
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-img20200820190223.jpg
Turbokick is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:26   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
I sincerely feel the LED setup in the Creta is powerful enough and doesn't need any upgrade whatsoever. It will be interesting to know what the other Creta or even Seltos owners (with LED setup) have to say on this.
Nice set of images with description.

If I may ask, what was the exposure setting while clicking these images?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:32   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nice set of images with description.

If I may ask, what was the exposure setting while clicking these images?
Thanks. Stock setup in the camera. (OPPO RENO 10X). No night mode. No changes with the ISO/shutterspeed etc. Just a normal click
Old 5th October 2020, 21:38   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post

1. Torrential rain
Attachment 2063605
2. Overbridge with upcoming traffic
Attachment 2063606
3. Dusk. Tricky ambience
Attachment 2063607
4. High beam throw
Attachment 2063612
5. Low beam throw
Attachment 2063613

Thanks, this post has brought down my anxiety levels

Last edited by deepakdograbhp : 5th October 2020 at 21:39. Reason: typo error
deepakdograbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 21:58   #144
BHPian

Long weekend helped me to plan a trip to native place.

The trip helped to understand the dynamics of the vehicle and the performance was exceptional. The Turbo engine and DCT combination made the car a comfortable cruiser. As the car was under initial run in period, did not exceed 95km speed and occasionally touched the three digit mark. I experimented for some time with different driving mode – Eco, Sport and Comfort. But most of the drive was in Comfort mode. As mentioned in the official review – there were no bounciness and the car was planted and composed even taking a curve at higher speed. The braking inspired confidence though there was no occasion I had to do emergency braking. My wife said she felt very comfortable riding in the rear seat as compared to City – where she always complained of bounciness and vertical movement which caused her motion sickness.

My left leg enjoyed deserved rest due to the automatic transmission. Usage of Cruise control helped my right leg also for most of the travelling period. One feature which I enjoyed was – once you are driving on set Cruise speed, if you have to overtake you need to press the accelerator which increases the speed and enables you for a quick maneuver. Once done, remove your leg from accelerator pedal reduces the speed back to set Cruise speed. This feature was not available in my fourth generation Honda City.

The trio beam Led Headlights seems to be fine – the throw was good and the high beam on the highway lighted the path well. I was comfortable with 4-lane as well as in 2-lane road. In my Honda City I have upgraded the light to Philips Xtreme vision. Here the brightness and throw were almost on par with what I had in the City.

Planning for 1st service this week end.

Few data on mileage:

a. Creta has done about 340km in the city and the instant fuel average was showing as 12 km/l.

b. At the end of the onward journey – the instant fuel average showed 16.0 km/l

c. The accumulated Info showed 13.7 km/l. This tallied with Fuelio App – 13.69 km/l by full tank method.

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-03.jpg

d. On the return journey the instant fuel average was showing 18.1 km/l

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-04.jpg

e. And Accumulated Info screen is showing 16.8 km/l. Need to cross check with Fuelio App when I will refill the tank next week

Hyundai Creta : Official Review-05.jpg
AshBabu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 22:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Please start a thread in the dealership review section about your experience. Having personally faced indifference from the dealer and Hyundai, I would ask you to make more people aware about their attitude by starting a new thread.
Need of the hour. The sales department is a pure pain to deal with. I went out on a hunt to purchase the SX IVT. I had a very competitive insurance premium quotation from HDFC ERGO given my healthy relationship with the bank. I cross-checked with the folks at the dealership and they were providing me with the same ERGO insurance but with an escalation of Rs. 27k. However to my utter surprise, not only did the dealer refuse to match the charges with the HDFC quotation, but they also refused to sell the car if I purchased insurance from external sources instead of purchasing the insurance from them . The reason given - We need to achieve our targets. Loot at its best. Thoughts, Team ?

P.S - I'm planning to ring up the Hyundai Regional Sales Manager tomorrow regarding the issue. If that does not work out, I guess I'll shoot a complaint to the IRDAI Grievance Cell.
pandatrooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 23:13   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
a. Creta has done about 340km in the city and the instant fuel average was showing as 12 km/l.

b. At the end of the onward journey – the instant fuel average showed 16.0 km/l

c. The accumulated Info showed 13.7 km/l. This tallied with Fuelio App – 13.69 km/l by full tank method.

d. On the return journey the instant fuel average was showing 18.1 km/l

e. And Accumulated Info screen is showing 16.8 km/l. Need to cross check with Fuelio App when I will refill the tank next week
Those are some fantastic mileage figures for a 1.4L turbo DCT!
Heck, my 1.6L Petrol MT gives an average of 13-14 kmpl. And mind you, this is without any spirited driving as such.
Even though the MID displays an average of ~17kmpl, I think it might not be all that true. Given the engine size & the DCT combo, a real-time average of 13-14 kmpl sounds more realistic. Even then, that is fantastic IMHO.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 00:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post

Had this minor issue where the plastic cladding above the right rear wheel was slightly not stuck properly to the metal body at one place about 1-2 inch border was not stuck properly. Shown in picture.
Update on the issue. The faulty part was replaced by a new part and it was a 10 min job. Also got the car done with the first service that is just the check-up and a wash.Happy to say that the service centre experience was much better than the showroom.

Have driven the car for about 500 km within Mumbai, and the mileage I have got overall is about 8.7 kmpl as per MID, which is ok for my driving style with the Turbo petrol engine and DCT box.

Havent taken it on proper highways, itching to take the car on a long drive on a six lane highway to unleash its power, which I have been able to do only for a few seconds here and there in Mumbai.

Putting a picture of the car being given a wash at the mall a few days ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-8c5f58db74e74ed79edcdb539f47fbac.jpeg  

rkv_hunter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 17:38   #148
BHPian

We completed 2000kms in our SX(O) D AT. Fuel efficiency as per MID is around 15.4kmpl. I too find 'something' missing with the high beams. Not sure if I am expressing it correctly, but it feels like lacking a bit of 'focus'. When I direct the beam to a wall or a truck in front, it does light up well. But somehow I feel the road is not lit up satisfyingly. Will play around more with headlamp levelling settings. No issues with the low beams. May be my expectations are too high .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
However to my utter surprise, not only did the dealer refuse to match the charges with the HDFC quotation, but they also refused to sell the car if I purchased insurance from external sources instead of purchasing the insurance from them
I was quoted 85k as insurance from dealer. I found a quote for 42K from my agent and it had all the coverages. My SA refused to match the quote, but at the same time did not illegally 'force' me to take insurance from dealer as well.
SA from another dealer had initially agreed to give me some additional items (coating, accessories etc) as free, again with 85k insurance. I told him about taking outside insurance and he too agreed for it without any fuss, but he updated me that he was planning to give me freebies from insurance margin itself and since I am taking insurance from my side, he would not be able to provide those freebies. Fair, no dealer was giving any discounts on Creta anyway.

I got insurance at half-the-cost of the dealer quote. Please do not budge, there is always another dealer waiting for a customer. Escalate if required. Hyundai gives you option to buy car 'online' and get it home delivered too (Dealer is still involved, but it will give you better control. Yet to see a full review of 'clicktobuy' though).
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta : Official Review-clicktobuyrajasthan.jpg  

srikanthmadhava is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 23:56   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
P.S - I'm planning to ring up the Hyundai Regional Sales Manager tomorrow regarding the issue. If that does not work out, I guess I'll shoot a complaint to the IRDAI Grievance Cell.
Update - I've decided to dig further into this issue for the betterment of the prospective buyers. I approached the HMIL North 2 Regional Office Sales Support about the unethical practices via Telephone and they assured me of a response within 2 hours. It's been 12 hours and they're yet to revert. Since I could not find any details of the higher authority from HMIL on their website, as a last resort, I've emailed the issue to the IRDAI Complaint Cell as well as the Competition Commission of India. If this does not ring alarms within Hyundai, then I suppose nothing else can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Please do not budge, there is always another dealer waiting for a customer. Escalate if required.
Thanks, srikanthmadhava for sharing your experience. I went to the other dealership today and there was a stark contrast in the experience. The dealership was not only ready to accommodate my interests without any hesitation but also offered me basic accessories as freebies. They did not try to force or intimidate me to purchase their insurance. They assured me delivery within 2 weeks and also provided me an excellent exchange value for my old car. Certainly, that instilled a lot of trust and confidence after the carnage. Booking my SX IVT tomorrow. Cheers.
pandatrooper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 11:38   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta petrol and Diesel prices revised, new prices list
Source : Autocar India
I am actually surprised they did not hike the price of the E Diesel manual. This is one variant that was always priced well and looks even better value, after considering the recent price hikes across all other variants. The previously equivalently priced EX petrol, has one up by more than 60K! Plus, consider the road tax and TCS savings below 10 lakhs in most states.

The difference is equipment between E and EX is marginal, other than the touch screen music system. The cost of all additions including this system, shark fin antenna, sunglasse holder, and a couple of extra cabin lights in the front cannot be more than 40K or so, but Hyundai charges 1.6 lakhs more for the Diesel EX than the Diesel E

Probably the E Diesel is being kept lower priced due to fleet sales into the hospitality sector- Guest cars for hotels, resorts etc. as well as tourist taxi operators? Alternatively, it could be that they still want to have this as something that exists purely in paper only with minimal actual production, to draw diesel customers into showrooms and then upsell.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 7th October 2020 at 11:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks