Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 18:27   #1336
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidIqbalShaik View Post
Can you please share the content in the "what's new" section? I'm very curious to know what this software update is all about.
I don’t see the latest update yet. I think it shows up in the whats new section after updating.

I’m very curious too, thus requested for these details
Old 9th January 2022, 19:55   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph11 View Post
Thank you Sir for your warm wishes. Will do the same, but still have to make peace with this waiting period. Also any tips to maintain the color? The black color was preferred solely because of the character it brings out of the car.
Buy these things -
Jopasu duster.
Colin for glasses.
Proklear Raw Xtreme CX for cleaning exterior.
They are good enough for day to day care.

It's literally impossible to keep a black car clean all day. So, just clean it once in morning and then leave it as any amount of dust will show and if it's a rainy day then slush really stands out on black color. After the initial excitement fades away we get use to of it.

In my opinion black is the best color in Sonet and when it's squeaky clean it really stands out among rest. No regrets buying it.
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 23:45   #1338
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I called my SA yesterday and nothing of the sort intimated. Hoping against hope the price doesn't increase.
I came to know of the hike indirectly. I had booked on 3rd and the price breakup was mentioned on the booking form. However, when they entered the booking in the system on 6th, the new prices were mentioned in the docket. So I called my SA about the difference and he explained the same. Also, I saw the articles about price hike later.

Here's the updated price list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sonet_Price_List_w.e.f_01-Jan-22.pdf (116.5 KB, 390 views)

Last edited by SJN : 9th January 2022 at 23:52.
SJN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 13:12   #1339

Quote:
1. The insurance quote received seems pretty high @ 47k. Anyone was able to negotiate on this? I remember getting quotes @ 25k from Paisabazaar.
I was able to negotiate this by around 10k, but once I took delivery I realized that they reduced my IDV

Please do double check with them on the IDV

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th January 2022 at 13:23. Reason: Fixing quote tags. Do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
eljay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:03   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I came to know of the hike indirectly. I had booked on 3rd and the price breakup was mentioned on the booking form. However, when they entered the booking in the system on 6th, the new prices were mentioned in the docket. So I called my SA about the difference and he explained the same. Also, I saw the articles about price hike later
I checked my quote today and the ex showroom price has increased by approx 15k. Can't come to final value since they screw up in calculation like a 2nd grade child. TCS of 67k in the quotation is an example. Hope they introduce some additional features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
I was able to negotiate this by around 10k, but once I took delivery I realized that they reduced my IDV

Please do double check with them on the IDV
Thanks for the heads up. Seems Oriental Insurance is giving the max IDV. Will negotiate HARD on this since I expect a reduction of atleast 15k on the 47k quoted. I will be transferring 50% NCB from my current car insurance too
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 23:23   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Can you please share the version info screen when you get a chance? I tried updating but it says updating map and that’s taking a lot of time.

Also there’s a “what’s new” menu under “system info”, which lists the changes along with a QR code to the update details webpage.
Though i haven't used the updated maps yet, doesn't seem to be anything significant.

Version info as below
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220110_192428.jpg

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220110_192523.jpg

Here's the QR code

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220110_231055.jpg
gpagedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 01:18   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Though i haven't used the updated maps yet, doesn't seem to be anything significant.
Thank you so much for the information. I was hoping that this update would bring wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay. I guess I was hoping for too much.

Anyway, can you share a picture of the page that you'll get when you click on "System Info"? I have been deeply searching the internet from the last few days trying to figure out if this infotainment can get wireless AA and ACP. The picture of the System Info would help me a lot.
Old 11th January 2022, 06:58   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for the information. I was hoping that this update would bring wireless Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay. I guess I was hoping for too much.
I believe wireless AA and CarPlay would need compatible hardware. So wireless connectivity would have to wait for an ICE upgrade.

I am facing a major issue with Android auto connecting, dropping and reconnecting every few seconds. In fact I had taken the vehicle to the service center to have this checked out when I was advised to get the software update done first to see if it resolved the problem. I have to check if this update has resolved the issue though I have my doubts.

Another problem in AA is that only 2/3rd of the screen is used to display Google maps and this minimised display area is further reduced due to Google maps dialogue boxes. So the map displayed is so small that is is not useful at all. Not sure if there is any way around it.

Quote:
Anyway, can you share a picture of the page that you'll get when you click on "System Info"? I have been deeply searching the internet from the last few days trying to figure out if this infotainment can get wireless AA and ACP. The picture of the System Info would help me a lot.
Will post later today.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 14:31   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, can you share a picture of the page that you'll get when you click on "System Info"?
The snapshot requested is below. Doubt it has any information that you need regarding wireless AA.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220111_093555.jpg
Old 11th January 2022, 14:37   #1345
BHPian

How does the booking process work? Say we pay the booking amount to the dealer, is there a booking ID generated once they punch the order in Kia's system? How do we track the booking?
Old 11th January 2022, 15:49   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
How does the booking process work? Say we pay the booking amount to the dealer, is there a booking ID generated once they punch the order in Kia's system? How do we track the booking?
I received a receipt for the advance paid and got a booking docket (confirmation) over email. It has the booking ID, but there is no provision to track it. Just have to depend on what the SA is communicating to us
Maybe if you place the order online, you may be able to track your order, though I am not sure about it.
kvsriki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 19:49   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Hi. A booking ID gets generated and your SA will send you the scanned copy of the booking receipt via mail. You'll only get "Booked" though; no way to track your booking status **yet**

[ATTACH=Screenshot_20220111194058274_com.android.ch rome.jpg]Home page after logging in[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=IMG_20220111_194217.jpg]Booking ID[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=Screenshot_20220111194146122_com.android.ch rome.jpg]Booking amount confirmation[/ATTACH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsriki View Post
I received a receipt for the advance paid and got a booking docket (confirmation) over email. It has the booking ID, but there is no provision to track it. Just have to depend on what the SA is communicating to us
Maybe if you place the order online, you may be able to track your order, though I am not sure about it.
No. It still says "Booked" for me. You'll have to follow up with the SA. I will update once my order proceeds further.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20220111194058274_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220111_194217.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20220111194146122_com.android.chrome.jpg  

jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:15   #1348
BHPian

Quote:

No. It still says "Booked" for me. You'll have to follow up with the SA. I will update once my order proceeds further.
How many days did it take for the site to show Booked status? After 3 weeks I still find status as No bookings found.
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 22:56   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
How many days did it take for the site to show Booked status? After 3 weeks I still find status as No bookings found.
If i remember correctly, 15 minutes. Make sure you're entering the same mobile number while logging in on the Kia website which you used during booking the Sonet.

Check your account statement to confirm that your payment went through. I would also suggest you check with your Kia SA once. I have a faint memory that they had to do some backend work for my booking. Your SA might have skipped the courtesy follow up call which might be leading to him having no knowledge of your booking, and subsequently, that backend process not being done which is leading to your booking not showing up.
Old 11th January 2022, 23:13   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Make sure you're entering the same mobile number while logging in on the Kia website which you used during booking the Sonet.
I tried logging in with the same mobile number, but it doesn't show any booking. I will check on this with the SA and customer care

Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20220111231009324-1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks