Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2024, 08:59   #2176
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
Hello. Has anyone used the Automatic AC in the sonet? Does it cool better or faster than the manual mode? Also wondering how much will mileage vary if i use Auto AC mode, compared to Manual mode.
Hello!
I've been using the AC in auto mode since day 1. I get close to 15 kmpl so there seems to be not much affect on the mileage. However, my sinuses have thanked me a lot over the past two years

Purchasing a grand i10 NIOS for the home minister. Auto AC was one of the key "must have" features.

It does make a significant difference to cooling the cabin and then throttling back automatically to maintain a comfortable environment which is easy on the body. It's close to 45° here in Punjab and the Sonet AC on auto mode does a remarkable job.
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 13:10   #2177
RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Hello!
I've been using the AC in auto mode since day 1. I get close to 15 kmpl so there seems to be not much affect on the mileage. However, my sinuses have thanked me a lot over the past two years

Purchasing a grand i10 NIOS for the home minister. Auto AC was one of the key "must have" features.

It does make a significant difference to cooling the cabin and then throttling back automatically to maintain a comfortable environment which is easy on the body. It's close to 45° here in Punjab and the Sonet AC on auto mode does a remarkable job.
Thank you for sharing! Here in J&K too the temperatures have reached 44. Yesterday tried Automatic AC it cooled pretty quick! Will definitely be using it more now.
RC1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 20:19   #2178
BHPian

Does any one have the item code for the air filter installed in the air purifier? Couldn't find it here on TBhp and the service centre does not have one in stock.
Old 4th June 2024, 16:07   #2179
RC1

Just out of curiosity what are the 0-100 times of the Petrol DCT and Diesel Automatic? According to autocar India DCT petrol is quicker than the diesel automatic:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...69/performance
I've read on this forum that diesel automatic is the quicker one. Can somebody please tell which one is quicker among these two?
Old 5th June 2024, 21:22   #2180
BHPian

I have a KIA Sonet HTK+ that comes with halogen lamp headlights.
The lights seem very inadequate, especially in the rains. Any recommendations for upgrading? I would have preferred the LED headlamp units from the higher models. But they said it isn't possible to fit them in the HTK+ model.
Old 8th June 2024, 09:49   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
I have a KIA Sonet HTK+ that comes with halogen lamp headlights.
The lights seem very inadequate, especially in the rains. Any recommendations for upgrading? I would have preferred the LED headlamp units from the higher models. But they said it isn't possible to fit them in the HTK+ model.
The LED headlamps are no good both in fog and rain.

You can go for increased wattage with proper relay system in place. Alternatively, you can go in for aftermarket fog lamps which are bright as main headlamps, as seen on many cars these days
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 00:44   #2182
RC1

Hello. I have a Sonet HTX DCT 1.0. My first free service is due at 10000. One SA told me that it'll cost somewhere around 1800₹ while another said it'll cost between 4000-4500₹. Can somebody please tell what is the actual first free service cost after 10000 kms?
Old 12th June 2024, 14:40   #2183

Quote:
Hello. I have a Sonet HTX DCT 1.0. My first free service is due at 10000. One SA told me that it'll cost somewhere around 1800₹ while another said it'll cost between 4000-4500₹. Can somebody please tell what is the actual first free service cost after 10000 kms?
Hi, afaik the service itself is in the 1-2k range but most dealers(like mine)do the wheel alignment and rotation without confirming and add it to the bill(The manual does recommend it so it is not unnecessary…it’s just unnecessarily expensive from the dealer ). Before dropping your car off explicitly mention that you only want the service and that the wheel alignment etc. has already been done from a third party and then get it done outside from a trusted tyre shop.My dealer charged me 3k and didn’t even inform me about it until it was time to pay up!
PB10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 16:59   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10 View Post
Hi, afaik the service itself is in the 1-2k range but most dealers(like mine)d!
I would advise new car owners to install myKia app and check the prices of every service before going there. Any paid service doesn't cost more than 8-9k including WA and WB. I do regular service from ARM KIA and refer every time to the KIA app. It has facility of live video consultation and live feeds of the service also available if SC is equipped.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 17:50   #2185
RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10 View Post
Hi, afaik the service itself is in the 1-2k range but most dealers(like mine)do the wheel alignment and rotation without confirming and add it to the bill(The manual does recommend it so it is not unnecessary…it’s just unnecessarily expensive from the dealer ). Before dropping your car off explicitly mention that you only want the service and that the wheel alignment etc. has already been done from a third party and then get it done outside from a trusted tyre shop.My dealer charged me 3k and didn’t even inform me about it until it was time to pay up!
Oh ok, so maybe that is why both service advisors gave me different prices. One was probably including the wheel alignment cost and the other wasn't. Will definitely tell them to only do the service and then will get the wheel alignment done from some outside shop! Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th June 2024 at 17:56.
Old 12th June 2024, 17:55   #2186
RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
I would advise new car owners to install myKia app and check the prices of every service before going there. Any paid service doesn't cost more than 8-9k including WA and WB. I do regular service from ARM KIA and refer every time to the KIA app. It has facility of live video consultation and live feeds of the service also available if SC is equipped.
Yes i checked the price from the mykia app only. There the price shown was 1361₹. I'll definitely ask my SA next time about the live service feed too. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2024, 19:24   #2187
RC1

Hello everyone. So i just got the first free service done of my Sonet HTX 1.0 DCT after 10,000 kms. Before the service in the normal drive mode the throttle response was a bit laggy. After the service noticing a considerable improvement in throttle response. The initial lag is almost imperceptible now! Also, the mileage has also improved ever so slightly. Overall the service experience was pretty great apart from a few things:

1. Had about 240₹ cash lying around in the car. After service when i reached home and checked, found only 40₹ left. Don't know who took it. And also whoever took it why didn't he take all of it!

2. Also had a pouch of Pentop DSR tablets lying in the car. Hilariously, someone took half of the tablets from the pouch too.

Should i talk to my service advisor about this stuff? Or should i just not leave anything lying around in the car next time i go for a service? Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
Old 22nd June 2024, 22:41   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. So i just got the first free service done of my Sonet HTX 1.0 DCT after 10,000 kms.
I'm assuming this is your 10k kms service? It should be your second free service if my memory serves me correct.

Congrats on getting your throttle response improved. They screwed it on my D-AT after the 30k kms service I still have no clue how to get the old throttle response back. Maybe a factory reset of my ECU may help.

As a thumb rule, always clear your car before giving it for service. Money, cables, pen drives. Everything. The only thing remaining in my car during service is the floor mats and user manual bag, which only has the RC, insurance and pollution certificate
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 23:36   #2189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should i talk to my service advisor about this stuff? Or should i just not leave anything lying around in the car next time i go for a service? Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
I have accidentally left 50-250 bucks in the car occasionally while giving it for service and they came back untouched. Even medicines(incidentally Pantops!) were left undisturbed. My tyre inflator, duster, microfibres, umbrellas, car cover and cushions are always in the car which I don’t remove.

That said, the service centre always insists that I clear the car of all valuables before giving it for service. If I drop it myself, the service advisor checks the car inside out and hands me over the dashcam memory, charging cables, adapter, cash and sunglasses before taking the car in to the service bay. I suggest you give the service advisor this “feedback” and see what he has to say.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 00:30   #2190
RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I'm assuming this is your 10k kms service? It should be your second free service if my memory serves me correct.
Yes this was my second free service. Don't need to shift to sports mode all the time now. Throttle response has truly improved in normal mode.

Thanks for the advice. Next time i will definitely clear out all the stuff from the car before going for service.

Factory resetting the ECU might help in bringing back the old throttle response of your diesel automatic sonet. Please consult a professional regarding this. I am sure it is fixable and you will definitely get your old throttle response back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I suggest you give the service advisor this “feedback” and see what he has to say.
Thank you for sharing. I'll definitely talk to the service advisor regarding this. Let’s see if he does anything about it. From now onwards, as a precautionary measure I'll always clear out everything from the car before giving it for service.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2024 at 06:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged, smileys = 2 per post. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks