Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2023, 19:25   #2086

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Hi I wanted to confirm if the current version of HTX imt has the Hill hold assist or not ? There is a lot of confusion about which variants have it, can someone with HTX imt model please confirm this.
Old 23rd October 2023, 09:54   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavesh995 View Post
Hi I wanted to confirm if the current version of HTX imt has the Hill hold assist or not ? There is a lot of confusion about which variants have it, can someone with HTX imt model please confirm this.
My 2021 htx imt has it
speedfreak01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 15:31   #2088
BHPian

Has anyone got below warning/error on MID.

"Check turn indicator" while engaging turn indicators. My Sonet displays this warning, randomly on using the indicators. I have checked the indicator lights and its working fine. But this warning comes once in a while.

Any idea what could be the cause.Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_20231030152345477_com.miui.gallery.jpg
Old 30th October 2023, 17:09   #2089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
Has anyone got below warning/error on MID.

"Check turn indicator" while engaging turn indicators. My Sonet displays this warning, randomly on using the indicators. I have checked the indicator lights and its working fine. But this warning comes once in a while.

Any idea what could be the cause.Attachment 2523427
Your Right Side turn indicator is faulty. It Needs to be replaced.
nikhil.sikka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 15:19   #2090

Hi folks,
We have brought home our new Kia sonet htx imt diesel in Glacier white pearl shade in June 2023 and this is a replacement of our 2010 Swift VDI which served the purpose for around 1.9 lac kms.

We didn’t want to let go of the Swift as it was very dear to us and it was the first car we bought home and there were so many memories with it. But due to the parking space constraint we have to let go of it. We can try to accommodate two cars but it will be a squeeze so we sold the swift.

We were in the market for a mid size SUV especially a diesel, as our usage is a bit high.

Me and my dad took a pen and paper and wrote down all the options we had and the next day was Saturday and we went to multiple showrooms to check out the cars that we shortlisted.We already know the pros and cons of each car so we noted them and compared against each other. We are sure on what we wanted.Our budget was 15-15.5 lacs.

Cars we short listed:
1. Hyundai Venue
2. Tata Nexon
3. Kia Sonet

First we went to Hyundai showroom as it was just 4 km from our home.
The experience with the Hyundai folks was good, as we entered the showroom they asked us which car we were looking for.
The only gripe was there is no venue display car in the showroom and we could not get a test drive of it. We inquired about the price and variant we were looking for and they replied saying the variant Diesel sx in white colour is the most preferred and said there is a waiting period of 6-8 weeks for the variant. They said they have a red and blue readily available in sx and white was readily available in sx(o) but this will be be slightly out of our budget. We took quotations and we left to Kia.

Kia showroom is another 4 km from the Hyundai showroom and the showroom we went to was under renovation but there was a separate room which is kept open to staff and customers. We enquired about Kia sonet and variant we wanted and to our surprise they said Kia sonet let it be any variant and color of choice was readily available. But when we asked them to double check if they had a white sonet in htx diesel, they opened an excel which I think is their inventory sheet and they said they don’t have a white but black, silver and red were readily available. White was available in htx+ trim but again it would be out of the budget. So we inquired if there are any white ones coming, and they said the will let us know the next day. We asked for a test drive and they arranged for a test drive. The TD car was a Gt line turbo petrol imt. First I drove the car and next my father drove it. The SA took us to any empty stretch and asked me to pull the car to the limits and trust me I was really impressed by the turbo petrol and the way it handled was really good infact me and my dad looked at each other and we were almost sold to the turbo petrol. The quality of interiors were really good and the gear shifts in the imt were slick. We expected them to be slightly laggy as there was no clutch pedal and clutch with be engaged by the system itself via actuators I suppose. Me and my father were really impressed after the TD. They didn’t had a diesel TD car available at that time but we were okay as they promised for a Diesel TD the next day. But we were really sold to the Kia Sonet after the whole TD and experience.

Next we went to Tata showroom nearby and I would say the experience with the sales folks was good but not as good as Kia. We sat in a nexon diesel , went for a TD. My dad drove it for a while and then I drove it for a bit and immediately I felt the engine was not smooth and though it had the torque and power somehow I was not convinced with it. Maybe the TD of sonet turbo petrol was just running in my mind. We took quotes and then left.

We then headed home and had a discussion with my mother and sister about our experience at multiple showrooms and test drives.

My father directly said let’s go with the sonet . He said he felt the car was really good, the quality of interiors, the drive feel it offered were really good and he was impressed by them.

Even I too felt the same and some how connected very much with the sonet. In fact I felt this was the right replacement to our swift.

My father some how was not impressed by nexon and even me too. It has everything sonet has and some how somewhere I was not really felt connected with nexon. Also the service experience is something that is a hit or miss from TATA and after seeing and reading so many incidents about the service I felt it won’t be a good option. I could not say no to my father either as he has almost 28 years of experience in the automobile field and we both liked the car and clearly everyone in the home voted for the Kia Sonet.

The next day we took the test drive of diesel sonet and this felt much refined compared to nexon TD car. We then checked on the price and discount they can offer. So they gave us a cash discount of 30k and free accessories of our choice worth 20k. The sales guy quickly confirmed that there will be a couple of white sonet’s coming in a 7-10 days and they can offer us one. We said we will be paying the booking amount the next day which was Monday.

On Monday, we paid a booking amount of 25k for sonet and we started the loan process and was completed within 2 days. The SA sent me the vin number via whatsapp and it was a may month manufactured car. On Friday we paid the entire cash component and the loan will be disbursed on a day before our delivery day and I went for the PDI on Saturday with the checklist and everything looked fine. The SA shared the list of accessories and we took the below accessories:

Accessories

Mud flaps
Bumper protector
Body side moulding chrome
Dual layer Mat
3d trunk mat
Twin colour door sill guard
Vacuum cleaner
Rear boot garnish chrome
Door visor chrome
ORVM garnish
Car cover standard
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_0945.jpeg
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_0946.jpeg
Attached are the images from PDI.

I confirmed them that we will be taking the delivery on coming Wednesday.

On the delivery day, we reached the showroom around 10:30 am and I could see a couple of white sonet htx imts parked in front of the showroom and I was confused which one was ours. We completed all the formalities and then took the delivery and they gifted us a set of coffee mugs with Kia branding on them. That was a really nice gesture by Kia.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_0950.jpeg
Attached is the image on the Delivery day.

We then headed back to our home with our new family member and later that evening we took the car to a temple where we would do the Pooja whenever we buy a new vehicle. It rained heavily right after we completed the Pooja and we then head back home.

Currently we have completed 6k kms and the first servicing/inspection was completed.The showroom from which we took delivery has two service centres which are seperated by a km. The service experience was also really good and it will be a post for another day.

Thank you
AlwaysRed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:49   #2091
BHPian

Has anyone shifted to Synthetic oil for their Diesel Sonet? (I'm assuming it's mineral oil only at the moment). I've crossed 30k kms and the response has gone down after the recent service. No DPF issues since my drive is 50kms each way, every day.
Old 18th November 2023, 01:08   #2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
My 2021 htx imt has it
Bought in August 2013, I can confirm that my HTX 1.0 turbo has Hill Hold Assist.
Old 21st November 2023, 15:23   #2093
BHPian

My Kia Sonet has done 4,800 kilometres purchased in May 2023. Noticed a tear in my front right tyre two days back. Got it checked at the MRF service center and they said this is a damage only on the outer part and the car can be used normally. Any suggestions on this and should i get the tyre replaced?

Kia Sonet : Official Review-picture-1.jpg
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:52   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_soul View Post
Any suggestions on this and should i get the tyre replaced?
Would suggest you get it replaced, check if it can be replaced under Tyre warranty or if you have add on for tyre insurance then under insurance.
It's not safe to drive with a cut tyre sidewall.
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:36   #2095
BHPian

Hello All!

Need some advice from the experts.. I am in the pre-owned market for a car for my dad.. main requirements were ease of access (getting in and out) and decent mileage (at least 12kmpl in the city) and reliability.

We have come across an August 2021 registered Kia Sonet HTK+ 1.5 Diesel Automatic (Chennai) which has done about 18,000km. The vehicle has been maintained well, without any battle scars and with seat covers and all other original fitments intact and the spare tire unused. I drive a 2022 Venue Diesel Manual so I'm quite familiar with the engine and chassis of the Sonet.

Apparently the car had only 1 puncture in the last 2 years which was properly attended to and the owner himself disclosed to us that he had the front bumper changed under insurance during the 1st year due to a minor accident with an autorickshaw. The records confirm that there was no damage or consequent replacements of any other parts (especially relating to the engine)

He told us that he had got the car between 13.5-13.8 on road in Chennai in September 2021 (I think this may have been the last batch of HTK+ diesel auto as the model was stopped in favour of HTX+ Diesel auto from May-June 2021) He is willing to let the car go for 10 Lakhs.

Please do let us know if this is a decent buy which would be reliable for the next 5 years and points to be noted/reviewed before going ahead.

Thanks a ton!
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:10   #2096
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masalawheelz View Post
He told us that he had got the car between 13.5-13.8 on road in Chennai in September 2021 (I think this may have been the last batch of HTK+ diesel auto as the model was stopped in favour of HTX+ Diesel auto from May-June 2021) He is willing to let the car go for 10 Lakhs.

Please do let us know if this is a decent buy which would be reliable for the next 5 years and points to be noted/reviewed before going ahead.

Thanks a ton!
I own a Sonet Diesel AT myself and I can tell you, it is the best engine and gearbox combo you can get in the sub 4 meter SUV segment, the price quoted is decent and you can go for it. It will be a reliable car without many issues as this is the engine and gearbox combo plying on almost all Hyundai-Kia diesels today ( with the exception of the Tucson), moreover, it is a torque converter that is known for reliability.

I am sure, it will last you long without any issues. However, do ensure that there are no visible damages, get it inspected from an FNG, look out for any issues in the engine bay, and take a test drive. You may also check the current model in a showroom and get a test drive with it to compare too. Unless you find anything faulty after doing the above, I would recommend you go for it!

Hope it helps and feel free to DM me if you need any further help
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:28   #2097
BHPian

Hi BHPians, I am looking at getting a CSUV (will be used in Pune) - coming from hatchbacks/sedans, I was clear that I wanted to go for a CSUV/SUV this time. I did a few test drives, and found the Sonet quite pleasant to drive. I am looking at the diesel IMT version.

Though initially I was looking at the full AT version, a test drive of the IMT had me quite interested.

To all the Kia owners out here - how has your experience been with the IMT so far, anything I need to look out for (lag/response etc)?

How is the rear seat comfort? My wife mentioned it was a bit "upright/straight" to sit on. I will be taking one more test drive to again check and confirm.

I like the diesel engine (both in terms of power and the torque). Considering I will be using this for a period of 4-5 years, hope it will not be too much of a risk to go in for a new diesel car in the end of 2023.
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:33   #2098

Hi guys, happy to announce that I've booked Sonet Imperial Blue (family's choice). I know facelift is due but its not that impressive and i'm getting benefits on existing one. Any suggestions to maintain dark color cars and how to clean after 2-3 days. Because my running is quite low so i dont need to clean daily. Any tips would be appreciated. I cant trust random youtube videos so please help.
bhavesh995 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 10:47   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Would suggest you get it replaced, check if it can be replaced under Tyre warranty or if you have add on for tyre insurance then under insurance.
It's not safe to drive with a cut tyre sidewall.
Thank you for your suggestion. Have got the tyre replaced under insurance.
confused_soul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 08:14   #2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavesh995 View Post
Hi guys, happy to announce that I've booked Sonet Imperial Blue (family's choice). I know facelift is due but its not that impressive and i'm getting benefits on existing one. Any suggestions to maintain dark color cars and how to clean after 2-3 days. Because my running is quite low so i dont need to clean daily. Any tips would be appreciated. I cant trust random Youtube videos so please help.
I have used the PPF (Paint Protection Film) for both my cars, a matte grey Sonet and a Skyscraper Grey BMW X5, and it is perfect.

This not only protects the paint, but it is also very easy to clean the car.

Hope that helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks