Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2023, 12:26   #1981
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Just finished the 3rd Servicing of GTX+ DCT petrol. Had only managed to get 5k run done, but was 2 weeks past the year mark so had to get it done.

Cost, 3136/- this includes Oil change, the Oil filter, drop of the car at home plus AC disinfectant (needed this since our cat had decided to mark her territory with hair and all had gone into the AC vents).

So only the oil change and filter would have been around 2000/- which is quite reasonable

Service advisor didn't even push for any other unwanted items. Eg. As per their manual, wheel alignment is recommended, but due to low mileage this was removed from the current service.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20230616_121523.jpg  

Last edited by ArijitGupte : 16th June 2023 at 12:30. Reason: Added a service advisor paragraph
ArijitGupte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 16:59   #1982
BHPian

I've completed 5k in 5 months and got 2nd service done couple of weeks ago.

Issue: The Android Auto was working absolutely fine before the service. Post the service, it is behaving erratically. Most of the time it would not start at all. If it manages to work, it gets disconnected frequently. I tried with multiple cables (brand new) and multiple Android phones.

Today I took the car to the PPS Kia service center. They blamed it on the phone saying there is dust around the USB Type-C slot. They did some reset as well on the system. But the issue continues. They asked me to take a video when this issue happens so that they can forward it to Kia.

Question: Has any GTX+ owner faced this issue? I have seen some posts in Seltos thread complaining of the same issue. Not sure if this is a problem with the 10.25 system as a whole.
Old 16th June 2023, 20:33   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Can recent Sonet owners please check if the inner lower part of the doors are fully painted? There was a report by one of our forum members of the same area on his Sonet only having grey primer and when checking at the ASS it was a similar scene on other newer cars vs older ones.
Old 16th June 2023, 21:41   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Can recent Sonet owners please check if the inner lower part of the doors are fully painted? There was a report by one of our forum members of the same area on his Sonet only having grey primer and when checking at the ASS it was a similar scene on other newer cars vs older ones.
A link to the post or photograph would be helpful ..
Old 16th June 2023, 22:56   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Question: Has any GTX+ owner faced this issue? I have seen some posts in Seltos thread complaining of the same issue. Not sure if this is a problem with the 10.25 system as a whole.
I'm not sure about Android Auto, but I never faced any issues with Apple CarPlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
That's me.

I got my car inspected by ASS and they confirmed it's like that from the factory itself. They offered a fix, but I asked them not to repaint it if it's safe. My main concern was to clarify that there was no damage to my car and the problem wasn't caused by a repaint done by the dealership. I also showed the issue to a couple of detailers, and they don't think it's repainted.

Recently, I checked my friend's 2023 Sonet, and it's not evident on his car. There is still a small area with missing paint in the corner, just like the corners of the engine bay. I believe that's just the way it is with Kia cars, and there's nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
A link to the post or photograph would be helpful
Here's the link to that thread, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...low-panel.html (Kia Sonet - Body colour missing inside the door, below the panel)

PS: I have OCD.
robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 11:16   #1986
BHPian

Hello

My drive to work involves traveling on barely-there roads, and it finally took a visible toll on my Sonet. A sharp stone came flying and managed to crack my windscreen

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20230618_090633.jpg

While my insurance is in place from Kia, I do not intend to use it, but I have seen a few DIY videos showing it can be repaired to a satisfactory degree. It's on the passenger side bottom corner, so in no way hampers my visibility.

I wish to know:

1. The cost of replacement windscreen from Kia.

2. If anyone has done/knows anyone who's done a windscreen repair, can they share the link of the kit used? The ones on Amazon do not have a good rating.

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th June 2023, 17:36   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Checked on my 2021 HTX. It has full body color paint - gravity gray. You should check personally at SC. May be it's one off case. As long as there is no rust it should not be problem.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 21:50   #1988
BHPian

I have got a peculiar issue with the indicator lights of my Sonet. While using the indicator a message flashes on the MID, "Check indicator light". This is random and only happens while using right indicator. Checked both front and rear indicator lights from outside and its working fine. Happens randomly, while driving and not able to reproduce while parked. Any pointers on what could be the issue?
Old 20th June 2023, 00:01   #1989
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Kia Sonet rear Armrest removed from all variants

I just happened to check Kia website and it's indeed true. Neither is there any mention of the same in the spec comparison sheet nor is it available on their 360 degree interior pane.

Curious why such an important feature has been deleted.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-screenshot_2023062000030413_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th June 2023 at 08:43. Reason: Re-uploaded the image as attachment was not showing up. Thanks.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 00:06   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
The accounting team has decided removing this feature will save them x amount of money some people will crib, most won’t bother, they will save a ton and so it’s done

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 10:54   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
So there's now a 3-point seatbelt and headrest for the middle passenger. It looks like they are trying to make it look like a 5-seater, rather than 4+1.

Happy with the old configuration, but a bit worried about the future part availability.
Old 20th June 2023, 19:07   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I have a redmi note 9 pro max, the only function that works is remote start. A handful of phones work with the app, something kia doesn't disclose
Quote:
I think it should just work fine on any android/iOS phone, as technically it’s just a simple app making an api call like any other app.
Device compatibility for UVO can be checked in below link.

https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...atibility.html

Redmi Note 9 pro model is not listed under UVO compatibility. This may be the reason, the functions are not working/enabled in your case.
Ethnicul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 19:24   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
Redmi Note 9 pro model is not listed under UVO compatibility. This may be the reason, the functions are not working/enabled in your case.
Thanks for the link! But, I don't think the device list here is exhaustive or maybe not maintained. I can confirm this because I use an iPhone SE, and it works well even though it's not listed. Moreover, I tested the app on my friend's Redmi Note 8 and was able to use all the features. And from the screenshots @avira_tk shared, it's the "Status" screen. It would be great if @avira_tk can confirm whether they are able to access the "Remote" section, as shown in the screen recording I shared above.

I believe all the features should work if one is able to install and open the app on their phone. I don't really see any reason for this to be limited to certain devices as it's a very simple app, similar to how an app like WhatsApp or Facebook works.

Quoting my previous post with the screen recording for reference,
Quote:
The screenshots you shared are from the status screen. Can you please navigate to the "Remote" tab from the footer and show us what you're seeing there? The status screen is read-only; those are not buttons but just the current status indications. You have to navigate to the "Remote" tab to make changes.

Tap Remote from the footer, or the "more" link on the remote widget from the home screen > Set Temperature > Start Engine. A marked-up screenshot and a screen recording (please click on the gif to open in a new tab to play) are below,

Attachment 2462855

Attachment 2462861

Last edited by robincsamuel : 20th June 2023 at 19:31. Reason: quoted a previous post for reference
Old 20th June 2023, 19:47   #1994
BHPian

Quote:

I believe all the features should work if one is able to install and open the app on their phone. I don't really see any reason for this to be limited to certain devices as it's a very simple app, similar to how an app like WhatsApp or Facebook works.
I agree with you. Even I dont see a reason why it shouldn't work on certain models. Basically its a communication between our device and inbuilt SIM of the car.

But, since KIA has listed specific models for compatibility, there might be some reason for it not to work. They could've very well mentioned any android version "X" and above or something like that, instead of model wise listing.
Old 20th June 2023, 20:04   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethnicul View Post
I agree with you. Even I dont see a reason why it shouldn't work on certain models. Basically its a communication between our device and inbuilt SIM of the car.
Not to nitpick, but just to clarify, the app on our phone doesn't directly talk to the SIM in the car. It communicates with Kia's server, which then communicates with the car.

Quote:
I have a redmi note 9 pro max, the only function that works is remote start.
Quote:
I think the screenshot of the app is a better way to know what's going on. Ignore the low pressure warning, that's pending repair.
In this case, @avira_tk is able to remote start but just couldn't change/turn on the climate control setting. Also, from the screenshots shared, it looks like the OP is referring to the status screen and that's read-only. And, the home screen only has the option to start the engine and lock/unlock the doors. Advanced settings like climate control, defogger, etc are on the "Remote" screen, which can be accessed from the footer navigation bar.

Quote:
But, since KIA has listed specific models for compatibility, there might be some reason for it not to work.
I still believe there's no such issue as I personally verified with multiple devices, especially an older Redmi phone itself.

Quote:
They could've very well mentioned any android version "X" and above or something like that, instead of model wise listing.
True, that'd have been much better and easier for them to maintain as well.

Last edited by robincsamuel : 20th June 2023 at 20:05.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks