Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 09:24   #1771
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
The HTX Diesel AT does have a waiting period of around 3 to 4 months in Pune, as far as I know, a friend of mine got his car delivered in September, he made the booking in the first week of May and got delivery in the first week of September.

The GTX+ Diesel AT, HTX Anniversary Edition Diesel AT, and X-line Diesel AT are available within just a month or two.

I have no information about HTX Anniversary edition what is the price difference? In specs and price? GTX+ and Xline are not an option for me as the difference is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Hey, same here. Booked at two dealerships, same variant. I've booked in 1st week June and was verbally promised Dussehra delivery although booking receipt officially mentions 35 weeks wait. I've been asked red or white color, but I am only interested in owning silver or grey.
I had also mentioned that I am open for gtx as well just to get a Diwali delivery but nada

That is a super long wait. Even I have selected silver but I am open to changing to white if offered. Which dealerships if I may ask? One has me on 5th place and other one on 3rd place for HTX Silver D AT. I have booked at Crystal and Dhone. We actually need a car fast and I am already contemplating booking Breeza AT VXI but the waiting game is equally bad there.
Old 24th October 2022, 09:53   #1772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I have no information about HTX Anniversary edition what is the price difference? In specs and price? GTX+ and Xline are not an option for me as the difference is too much.
Moving on to the question of price differences between HTX and HTX Anniversary Edition, the OTR price difference comes to around 47,000 Rupees, and being a special edition, the official waiting period is only 12-13 weeks with vehicles delivered much sooner, Do consider it if you are in a hurry.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th October 2022 at 10:15. Reason: You have already raised your point with the Mod Team via Reported Post function. Thanks.
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 10:07   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
Now moving on to the question of price differences between HTX and HTX Anniversary Edition, the OTR price difference comes to around 47,000 Rupees, and being a special edition, the official waiting period is only 12-13 weeks with vehicles delivered much sooner, Do consider it if you are in a hurry.

My sincere apologies to anyone who is offended by my suggestion of dealerships that are willing to deliver vehicles quicker. Some may have misunderstood that as a marketing technique, however, I never had any such intent and am unrelated to the dealerships involved.

Thank You and hope it helps.
Thank You so much for this information, had I known this earlier, it would have saved me a lot of time, but anyways hope it helps prospective buyers out there.

As I have checked out, the Anniversary edition is indeed a compelling proposition for those who don't mind spending the extra 50,000 for the cosmetic upgrade and faster delivery.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:48   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Will the diesel be discontinued next year. And is there a facelift expected soon.
Old 1st November 2022, 22:01   #1775
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I have bought a Sonet HTK Plus 1.0 iMT and will be taking the delivery next week. I need your help in finding airbag compatible seat covers for the car. I have searched and checked with multiple accessories shops in Lucknow but could not find it. The Kia dealer does not officially provide seat cover however, they do sell the normal one. I am open for online purchase as well. Would appreciate your input on this.
Thanks.
Old 6th November 2022, 00:46   #1776

Do NOT buy seat covers if the car has side airbags. The sensor might not work due to hinderence of a seat covers.
neil008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 09:47   #1777
BHPian

Folks, I am on the verge of booking Sonet Diesel AT, but the recent news about Hyundai discontinuing diesel engines on smaller cars has me a bit confused. I know the Sonet Diesel will continue, but is this an engine that may be axed too in the near future or is it future proof? My concern is more from the regulatory aspect.Thanks

Last edited by Malyaj : 8th November 2022 at 09:50.
Old 9th November 2022, 09:51   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
Folks, I am on the verge of booking Sonet Diesel AT, but the recent news about Hyundai discontinuing diesel engines on smaller cars has me a bit confused. I know the Sonet Diesel will continue, but is this an engine that may be axed too in the near future or is it future proof? My concern is more from the regulatory aspect.Thanks
I too would like to know the same, I'm in the same boat as well. From what I see, I think it should be good for the next 10-15 years, they can't just ask us to stop buying entirely. Plus since larger vehicles are dependent on diesels, I think it's more futureproof compared to the smaller consumer vehicles that are subject to stuff like flex fuel and whatnot. Diesels are more forgiving too, compared to petrols.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:04   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post

Same here. Ive booked the Diesel AT. Waiting period is 35weeks. Iam sure before that there will be enough clarity from the regulatory aspect.

There is the other aspect of a facelift. The Seltos in india is due for a facelift anytime soon which also will reflect on the Sonet.
Old 10th November 2022, 23:53   #1780
BHPian

Hi,

So, I've just sold my Ecosport diesel, and I'm looking for an AT replacement. I've shortlisted and booked 2 cars so far, the ScorpioN Z4 D AT (with price protection, delivery expected in Jan-Feb), and a Grand Vitara Mild-Hybrid Delta AT (expected delivery period is like 35 weeks). I really like the Scorpio, but I booked it with only glimpses of this variant shown in videos, and there are some misses compared even to my old Ecosport, as well as a big hike in ownership costs (higher insurance costs, service costs etc. being a BOF, 7 seater car with a high capacity engine). Which is why I booked the GV as a backup. I loved driving the Scorpio N diesel AT, but I havent managed to get a drive of the Grand Vitara, as they don't have a TD vehicle yet, apparently..

But one thing I really liked about my Ecosport was how easy it was to park, even in seemingly impossible places. Considering that both of my options are super-4m and not really parking friendly, especially the ScorpioN, I thought that it would be a good option to have a CUV in the pipeline as well. I want something reasonably powerful and reliable, with a good AT. I like the GDI engine in the Venue DCT, esp the burbly N-line, but the forum has a good share of DCT related nightmares. So the next option is the Sonet diesel AT.

I took a short test drive (short, as I don't have much free time and the appointment I got was late in the evening and these guys were on their way back from a full day of TDs all over the district) and came back impressed. I felt that the VGT engine was smooth, responsive and powerful, especially in Sport mode, and the AT made sure that there was enough power at all times. Altogether, I drove it for about 5-6 kms through some city traffic and some highway as well. I didn't get a chance to familiarize myself with the infotainment and couldn't test out my fav audio tracks either. I also didn't get a chance to take a good look at the HTX variant either, as they only had the GTX for drives.

Here's the thing. The waiting times on the Sonet are really long, especially for the value variants like the HTX D AT. I don't mind the higher price of the GTX+, as it is still in my budget, but the red highlights are too garish for me. Then, Kia launched the X-line. I have never seen one in flesh, but it looks nice in the videos and the site, and I like the different looking alloys and interiors. The only issue is the matte paint, which I am told is quite the nightmare to maintain. Has anyone here got some experience with matte painted cars, and how much of a compromise is it? It also costs a bit more (13.99 lacs ex-showroom for the Sonet X-line D AT). One advantage is that the waiting period is less, as they have very less bookings for it.

This is going to be my backup in case the Scorpio N doesn't work out. Also, I calculated the power to weight ratio and torque to weight ratios of the Scorpio N diesel vs the Sonet diesel, and the figures are surprisingly close. Sure, it won't beat the Scorpio inflat out performance, but is it the best automatic CUV option out there? Should I book one? Thoughts?

Last edited by vivekgk : 10th November 2022 at 23:55.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 06:28   #1781
BHPian

Kia Sonet Diesel AT- Purchase experience and initial ownership review

Introduction
The Kia Sonet is one of the most stylish and well-rounded compact SUVs in the market right now. After experiencing every other compact SUV in the market, the Kia Sonet was the one that struck my heart the most. Its fun and frugal diesel engine with a smooth 6-speed torque converter AT gearbox sealed the deal for me. The only diesel AT with a proper 'auto' box in the segment, the Kia Sonet diesel AT is a value-for-money proposition, especially in its diesel AT form.

Booking
I initially booked the Kia Sonet on the first of July 2022 from the Incheon Kia dealership in Thrissur and the booking was made for the 7-speed Turbo DCT HTX variant. The test drive had gone well and I booked it without any further thoughts. Still, over the next few days, I began to hear excellent reviews of the Seltos and Creta's diesel engines and thought why not go for the diesel with the Sonet, I immediately asked for the test drive from the dealership and the same was arranged within the next day. The test drive changed my opinion about diesel altogether. The car was so silent with hardly any vibrations unlike the diesel of old and the instant torque and smooth torque converter AT gearbox of the car made me switch from petrol to diesel, moreover knowing that the engine and gearbox are the same as the one on the Seltos and Creta with the same tuning made me feel that it definitely was the better choice, So the booking was revised and a tentative waiting period of 3 to 4 months was given to me and the wait began.

PDI and Delivery
It was on 12th October when I finally got a call from my sales executive that the car had completed production and was ready for dispatch. On 17th October, the vehicle arrived at the dealership, we immediately went for the PDI, and funds were transferred for the car as well after the PDI. The car was ready for delivery on 25th October 2022 but since it wasn't the best day for delivery due to a solar eclipse on that day, we went for delivery on 26th October. The dealership organized a delivery ceremony and cake-cutting as well, they even had a present for us at the event too. The joy of driving the car out of the dealership was out of this world.

Drive, Features, and Initial Thoughts
Moving on to the car itself, our car is a Black HTX Diesel AT which I feel is the most value-for-money diesel automatic you could get in the segment. The features on the HTX variant are just a notch below that of the GTX+ variant. The car is definitely feature-packed for the price with an 8-inch touchscreen with reverse camera and wireless Android auto, semi leatherette seats, sunroof, rear AC vents, all requisite safety features like ABS, EBD, Hill Assist, VSM, Traction control modes, drive modes, 4 airbags, etc. The car is reasonably spacious and has a large 392-liter boot as well. On the exterior, led headlamps, tail lamps, DRLs, foglights, diamond cut alloys and shark fin antenna all add to the flair of the car.

Moving forward to the drive over the past two weeks, it is definitely super smooth and the mileage over the past two weeks has been great too. The car starts up silently, while on the move, the initial pickup is great too, on the highways, it gains pace quickly, and overtakes are seamless as well. Android auto and apple carplay both connect wirelessly, the 6-speaker audio system by Arkamys are good enough for most people in my view, and the rearview camera is of high clarity and helps especially when parking in tight spots. The features on offer, fit, finish and quality levels are also exemplary. I am absolutely satisfied with the car and would recommend anyone looking for an automatic compact SUV to try out this vehicle. You would definitely be impressed. It's definitely a mini-Seltos in every way and an excellent value-for-money proposition at the same time. No wonder it's selling like hotcakes and why Kia has been a hit in the market in such a short time.

I have attached a few pictures of my car during PDI and at the time of delivery and after puja. Didn't have enough time to take more pictures with it.

A detailed review would be coming up soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet : Official Review-pdi-front.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-pdi-interior.jpeg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-car.jpg  

Kia Sonet : Official Review-car-puja.jpeg  

Attached Images

Last edited by bijims : 11th November 2022 at 06:31.
bijims is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 11:01   #1782
BHPian

Just picked up a Sonet Diesel HTX AT 5 days ago, Guys, does your Sonet Diesel AT comes with the under the hood sound deadening material?

As per the dealership, only Seltos and above gets it! My friend's Seltos gets the same.

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img20221115wa0006.jpeg
Old 15th November 2022, 12:42   #1783
Senior - BHPian

The 1.5 Crdi is one of the best mass market diesel engines in the modern times. The smooth, creamy nature is a joy to experience.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 14:30   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post

Kia Sonet Diesel AT- Purchase experience and initial ownership review

[..]
A detailed review would be coming up soon!
Looking forward to this! I've zeroed in like 99% on Kia Sonet D AT and might book with the same showroom as you! My only concern is with the platform and the questionable safety, but I really couldn't bring myself to pick any other car which seriously can't match the premium feel, feature set (and hopefully driveability from what I hear) of the car!

They didn't have D AT at the time of my test drive, but will take a TD on December before finally taking the plunge and booking this. Please keep updating, as it really helps in reassuring me about my choice
epiccross is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 18:12   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Just picked up a Sonet Diesel HTX AT 5 days ago, Guys, does your Sonet Diesel AT comes with the under the hood sound deadening material?

As per the dealership, only Seltos and above gets it! My friend's Seltos gets the same.

Attachment 2379630
No, it doesn't come with under-the-hood insulation and that is perhaps the only reason why it is not as quiet as the Seltos. (but it's still one of the more quiet diesel cars out there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Looking forward to this! I've zeroed in like 99% on Kia Sonet D AT and might book with the same showroom as you! My only concern is with the platform and the questionable safety, but I really couldn't bring myself to pick any other car which seriously can't match the premium feel, feature set (and hopefully driveability from what I hear) of the car!

They didn't have D AT at the time of my test drive, but will take a TD on December before finally taking the plunge and booking this. Please keep updating, as it really helps in reassuring me about my choice
My first service is due in 10 days, will keep you posted. One more thing to note, if you want your vehicle quickly and don't have a shortage of funds, I would recommend you book with DKH Kia Calicut, Incheon Kia (Palakkad, Thrissur, or Ernakulam) and NCS Kia as well, all of them offer all India delivery too. The waiting periods have significantly reduced to just 2 to 3 months for the Sonet as well. However, if you are opting for the My Convenience service package, do take it from the dealership closest to you.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks