Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 08:51   #1561
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadheat View Post

Inbuilt Navigation
Wireless Phone projection is not compatible with many phones. Seems like they have a software issue which is not yet resolved. one of the Sales Advisor at service centre told me that its incompatible with the iPhone 13 as well
Are you sure about the incompatibility with the iPhone 13 ? I have the HTX variant and was looking forward to purchase the iPhone 13 or 14 later this year. That’s why asking, maybe any exisitng iPhone 13 and HTX users can identify whether apple car play works with 13 or not.
Old 11th June 2022, 12:18   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Well, here are few pics to ascertain that

I can get more but then I do some heavy foot driving in between to enjoy the engine.
Is it the economy during a specific trip or tank to tank?

P.s- I got this today @40+ degrees, mix match of Eco and Sports (90% sports) but interrupted by various jams due to "chabeels". Also, it got above 23 for a good 20kms

Kia Sonet : Official Review-img_20220611_120204.jpg
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:54   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Is it the economy during a specific trip or tank to tank?

P.s- I got this today @40+ degrees, mix match of Eco and Sports (90% sports) but interrupted by various jams due to "chabeels". Also, it got above 23 for a good 20kms

Attachment 2319204
Most of my driving is in NCR traffic. Tank to Tank will always be 2-2.5 km less than what MID shows. So, if it shows 22km then tank to tank will be 20kmpl.

In city traffic i am getting 13-14 kmpl Tank to tank and on highway it's 18-19 kmpl. During winters i was getting 16-17 kmpl in City and 20+ on highway.

In my experience Sonet is extremely sensitive to accelerator input and using AC reduces atleast 2-3 kmpl.
harry10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 19:59   #1564

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Are you sure about the incompatibility with the iPhone 13 ? I have the HTX variant and was looking forward to purchase the iPhone 13 or 14 later this year. That’s why asking, maybe any exisitng iPhone 13 and HTX users can identify whether apple car play works with 13 or not.

Hey,, that is what the engineer at the Service Centre told me, You could probably try to pair a friends iPhone 13 or 14 or try pairing a showroom device before buying one.
Old 14th June 2022, 14:14   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's a myth that paddle shifters are only useful in fast cars.
Wow! Thanks for your comments on paddle shifters. I recently booked a Sonet HTX AT diesel. The newer one comes with paddles but all three of my test drives (from three different showrooms) had this missing. Explaination: older model for test drives.
I was wondering if paddles were really THAT comfy for driving. Now I think a purist like me who derives pleasure in manuals would enjoy the sonet AT more because of this.
I briefly used paddles on honda city cvt (2016 model) but paddle shift on cvt didn't seem to have much benefit.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:18   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
I was wondering if paddles were really THAT comfy for driving.
The paddles in the Sonet can give some of the thrill of a manual, without the physical gear changing action. I personally rarely use them because that's why I purchased an AT

However, they are useful when you're going down the hills or are in cruise mode while the Sonet is roaring along in sports mode. Helps get the economy up to desirable levels. The responses from the paddles are quicker than a CVT though
jasjotbains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 20:49   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadheat View Post
Hey,, that is what the engineer at the Service Centre told me, You could probably try to pair a friends iPhone 13 or 14 or try pairing a showroom device before buying one.
That's news to me.
My wife is using iPhone 13.
Will try and see.
If true, this is a dealbreaker for getting an iPhone
Old 14th June 2022, 21:27   #1568
BHPian

Has anyone changed the lamination on their HUD and touchscreen? I am looking for a toughened glass for the touchscreen and lamination for the HUD. Any links to tested and verified Amazon / Flipkart products will be welcome. I would hate to get scratches on them.
Old 14th June 2022, 21:58   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Has anyone changed the lamination on their HUD and touchscreen?
I installed a 9H film on the infotainment unit. Here’s the link, https://amzn.eu/d/hvYdl2Z

It fits perfect, been almost an year, and no scratches yet.
robincsamuel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 22:59   #1570
BHPian

I have a DCT model, my parking has very limited access and hence have to move back and forth about 4-5 times to park or get out. Does this frequently shifting of gears shift from D to R affect the transmission?
Old 16th June 2022, 14:20   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Does this frequently shifting of gears shift from D to R affect the transmission?
I don’t think that’ll cause issues. I mean, isn’t it just a normal thing to do?

PS: I replied earlier to your Facebook post as well
robincsamuel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 14:26   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I don’t think that’ll cause issues. I mean, isn’t it just a normal thing to do?

PS: I replied earlier to your Facebook post as well

With DCT being so new just had a query. Maybe we should have thread for DCT driving and maintaining tips

Last edited by Eddy : 16th June 2022 at 14:42. Reason: Not more than 2 smilies per post please
ArijitGupte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 15:39   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitGupte View Post
Maybe we should have thread for DCT driving and maintaining tips
This thread, (Tips on driving an Automatic), helped me a lot in understanding automatics.

I think, it’s mostly we should avoid riding on clutches/brakes. Do not hold the car using accelerator on inclines, do not keep the car on D while it’s not moving, or creep with brakes partially depressed.

There are tips listed in the owners’ manual as well. For example, the manual recommends shifting to N when the car isn’t moving.

You can also find videos by manufacturers on YouTube. Here’s one by Kia.

robincsamuel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 15:11   #1574
BHPian

Sonet hits 1.5 L in sales since inception!

https://www.rushlane.com/kia-sonet-r...-12440159.html
Old 21st June 2022, 18:26   #1575
BHPian

Hi All,

I brought Black GTX+ Diesel Manual home this week, and I am loving it. I do have some questions though..

1. I feel the Bose music system is underwhelming, the sound feels like it's coming from the front when seated in the back and the bass is just ok. I am looking for more views and tips to improve the experience.

2. I got Apollo Alnac tyres with mine, and the tire noise entering the cabin is very high on highways. I am annoyed due to this, and am looking for possible solutions.

3. The trip meter resets after parking the car overnight, and this is annoying when we go on a outstation trip and want to get the details for the whole journey.

4. I have removed all the strips from the perfume cartridge, but the smell is really faint. And the replacement cartridge price is around 1.2k, anyone found possible alternatives?

Most Viewed