Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2024, 16:38   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnaduthota View Post
Hi, Just bumping this old thread as i am also facing engine oil level increase issue in Nexon diesel. Can you confirm above issue is resolved after software update?
Hi there! Sorry for the late reply.I would like to share my view on this issue if you don't mind. This issue in BS6 diesel cars normally arises due to several reasons IMHO

1) Whenever there is an issue with the fuel injectors.

2) When the vehicle is frequently used for very short duration/distance and engine is turned off before optimum temperature is reached which doesn't give enough time for the DPF to heat and regen to complete.

3) Excessive usage in bumper to bumper traffic causing DPF to abort regen.

4) Lugging of engine or keeping engine under 1800-2000 rpm all the time which doesn't let DPF regen complete.

Whenever DPF regen is incomplete or aborted, the excess injected diesel is sent back to engine unit which dilutes the engine oil thereby increasing the level of engine oil and noted in the dip stick. Everybody stresses on keeping the engine above 2000 rpm but another important point here is to also make sure the engine reaches its optimum temperature everytime the vehicle is used as DPF requires sufficient boost (> 2000 rpm) and sufficient temperature to burn off excess soot deposit. I have never faced the DPF issue on my Altroz till date as I make sure to Keep the engine above 1600 RPM and also I use my car for a minimum of 15 Kms at once daily due to my work commute. If the vehicle still has oil dilution issues even after maintaining the above conditions then you have to get your injectors checked. Please note : It is better to change the engine oil whenever the oil dilution takes place as the engine oil starts to lose its lubricity as diesel dilutes the engine oils properties.
Contact Tata ASC and take help of your CSM. The CSM should be able to help you.
AutoYogi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 00:31   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoYogi View Post
Hi there! Sorry for the late reply.I would like to share my view on this issue if you don't mind. This issue in BS6 diesel cars normally arises due to several reasons IMHO
Thank you for the response. luckily issue seems to be resolved. I have not faced any issue after SW update.
Old 20th May 2024, 12:54   #318
BHPian

Hi,

Am planning buy a new XZ Diesel. Requesting to share maximum discount available and the longest Extended Warranty available from Tata Motors. On the showroom paper it notes EW of 1 year at about INR18k. Do we also have longer warranty options from Tata

Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:17   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Hi,

Am planning buy a new XZ Diesel. Requesting to share maximum discount available and the longest Extended Warranty available from Tata Motors. On the showroom paper it notes EW of 1 year at about INR18k. Do we also have longer warranty options from Tata

Thanks
Well, the maximum discount i could extract was 35k. Delivery expected early next week.
channelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:11   #320
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Well, the maximum discount i could extract was 35k. Delivery expected early next week.
For extended warranty, you have a 90 day period to buy. You can get additional 3 years apart from standard warranty and unlimited KMs AFAIK. Earlier, they kept cap at 250K Kms which is good enough for any individual.

Sales and discounts are less on Diesel models of Altroz.
If budget permits, go for XZ+ to have a smile on your face the moment you enter. I guess the difference is negligible.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks