Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2022, 12:04   #391
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Yeah the back seats of S-cross are hard and not comfy. But front seats are good if you have problem try increasing height.
Old 1st January 2023, 02:14   #392

Dear Team BHP members,

This is my first comment since being approved as a member.

I require some help from you.

So I am able to source a good example of Zeta Automatic S-Cross at 10 lakhs (2021 make) , however since have 3 cars at home and only 3 drivers, the family is not keen buying another car.
They are also against the car due to "stigma" of discontinued car.

In my mind, the only con is the need of the vehicle part.

Please note : due to work commitments I will be out city for 5 months , so the car will most likely be idle till that time.

Heart says buy it, mind says sit this one out.

Your suggestions regarding this dilemma would really be appreciated.
Old 1st January 2023, 06:02   #393

since I am not able to edit my response yet, 5 months for this year only. Apart from that, its happy motoring.
crossoverhead1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 15:19   #394
BANNED

Sir if you want a car with good comfort and a very executive car with nice dynamics and suspension go for an s-cross. The car gives vibes of BMW in 10 lakhs. I also have Zeta AT, the at is good in the city and for mileage, the at is very nice at 140 km/hr. After 140 you will think it needs another gear to upshift but it is still good than the current Brezza AT. The current AT that Maruti provides is like a downgrade of S-Cross/Ciaz AT.

My opinion would be (assuming ur budget is around 10 lakhs and looking for SUV):
1) IF you love features and Looks of "Ruggedness" => Kia SONET
2) If you just want comfort and looks of a proper "Luxury" with 1.5L => S-Cross
3) If you want Jack of all trades but master of none (Allrounder) => Hyundai Venue
4) If you can wait till April/March you can get 2 more options of brand new Gypsy and an SUV under 10 Lakhs (Baleno Cross/Blaze/Flash)

Sir Kia Sonet, Venue, Jimny and Blaze all has less length so the legroom is less than S-cross
harsh.c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 20:52   #395

Dear Forum Members,

I would like to announce the arrival of my first car, the S-Cross Zeta Automatic.

I got this beauty from True value at an unbelievable price of 10.2L ( excl insurance).

The best part.... it was run only 125 kms. it still has Factory warranty and 1 year True value warranty.

Saw advertisement on True Value website and couldn't miss the opportunity to get hold of this car.

Hoping for many miles in this beauty.

The NEXA Stargaze blue does look good along with Almighty's blessings.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-car.png
crossoverhead1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 20:57   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossoverhead1 View Post
I would like to announce the arrival of my first car, the S-Cross Zeta Automatic.
Congrats, @Crossoverhead1. That's an excellent price for an excellent car. Wishing you a long happy ownership. We ourselves have been trying for one here in Bangalore, but prices for even used ones are higher than that.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 13:07   #397

Hi folks!

Proud owner of S Cross 1.5L Manual Zeta here! Been close to 2 years of ownership and 10k kms on the odo (guess I’m the lowest here!). Would like to know if there are any WhatsApp group that I can join? Would like to get some second opinion on service and connect with fellow motorheads!
Old 7th February 2023, 11:36   #398
BANNED

I also want to know about the WhatsApp group. I have joined Facebook groups.
Old 10th April 2023, 15:51   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Forum Members,

I got this beauty from True value at an unbelievable price of 10.2L ( excl insurance).

The best part.... it was run only 125 kms.

Attachment 2405871
Congratulations

great car at a great price
Old 25th April 2023, 10:02   #400

I need some help on my Feb 2022 Scross from the experts here on my car battery woes.
I use the car very sparingly and my battery got completely discharged on 1st April. I got it fully charged by Maruti workshop. Made a few long distance trips since then.
Today I found the battery completely discharged again after the car was unused for just 9 days. Is it normal for a battery with less than 18 months to fully discharge so quickly?
I never faced such issues with my previous cars (Santro, Figo) which were as sparingly used if not less.
Could this be a faulty battery? Its an Exide Conservo OEM battery.
BTW, I have a safecam front and rear dashcam and a AAWireless dongle that probably drains the battery to some extent.

On a side note, My Figo had a nifty diagnostic mode that allowed me to check battery status and other parameters. Is there anything similar available in SCross? I could not find anything on the internet. Below is the Figo diagnostic example:
Old 30th April 2023, 04:54   #401
BHPian

Quote:
What is the average city milage you are getting? Please mention typical occupancy, average trip distance, average speed and AC on/off status.
Old 4th May 2023, 20:22   #402
BHPian

Is the S-Cross 4 speed automatic transmission sourced from AISIN or JATCO?
Old 20th May 2023, 13:25   #403
BHPian

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with all MSIL Smart Hybrid/SHVS friends about a rodent attack which made my Auto Start/Stop functionality stop working. It can be a long post, please bear with me -
  • All of sudden i started getting "Idling Stop Unavailable" warnings on my MID <Auto stop was not working>

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230520-12.09.48.jpeg
  • My first thought was that due to summers maybe it is giving me this warning, i drove for 1-2 days more and regular warnings at night made me worry. Checked my AC setting and it was set at economy so no alarms there too. Another aspect was maybe the battery is not sufficiently charged, i made sure Hybrid Battery status had at least 4 terminals and then tried auto stop functionality without AC turned on. No luck same warning again
  • Got the main battery checked at a nearest battery shop, everything was good. I planned my nearest ASC visit the next day (Arena)
  • ASC people checked the batteries , performed an on board diagnostic scan and went clueless for about an hour. After a while a trainee came and found I had a rat bite on a section which connects the gear shift selector and to the engine harness.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5325.jpg

Reference photo from a friend's car with the wiring entact

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-730b8b4f736f42cab4ad323fbc061ad8.jpg
  • I asked them to change the harness, they took another half and came back to me unsure with the price and said I need to change the complete gear shift assembly set. Parts will be around 8k and labour extra. I specifically asked them if they can repair it, they said they cannot open the gear shift assembly and since it is terminal soldering at one end they cannot repair it.
  • It was a shock for me how MSIL can not manufacture a small harness when it is known for cheaper & shared child parts. This is shared between all SHVS/Smart-Hybrid cars of Maruti.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-937adf2e956847e4857de0b49d093c8d.jpg
  • I started my research and observed the part more and more. My brain was saying the terminal which had a soldering section on it can be opened and we can solder one part and join the coupler section with all a new set of wire.
  • With the same thought I called my service hero Lokesh (Swastika Auto Center, Bangalore) and had a discussion with him. Shared the photos & videos and we decided to meet on a day when he has less customers.
  • THE DAY !!
    He observed and we went for the same test unsure if it would work or not. Terminal end was opened and soldering was done outside. Adhesive was applied on the terminal end, wire mesh was wrapped along just to avoid any future rat bites.
    Sharing some photos of the work below :

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5428.jpg
    Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5430.jpg
    Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5431.jpg
    Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5432.jpg
    Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5433.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5434.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5435.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5436.jpgMaruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5437.jpg
  • Installation was complete and I did a 5km spin just to charge the batteries and turned off the AC. The moment i tried Auto Stop -

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5438.jpg
    Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_5439.jpg

I was so delighted because we repaired it, were successful on the theory worked which ASC declined politely. I tried a few more auto stop/starts, no issues, no warnings and Happy Ending.
Special Thanks to Lokesh & Team and my friends who helped me out during this time.

Thanks for reading
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 19:21   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
Today I found the battery completely discharged again after the car was unused for just 9 days. Is it normal for a battery with less than 18 months to fully discharge so quickly?
I never faced such issues with my previous cars (Santro, Figo) which were as sparingly used if not less.
Could this be a faulty battery? Its an Exide Conservo OEM battery.
BTW, I have a safecam front and rear dashcam and a AAWireless dongle that probably drains the battery to some extent.
This happened to me once with my 2020 S-Cross. The battery drained completely after 7 days of inactivity some time in early November 2022. This never happened before or after. The probable cause in my opinion was some unfortunate battery drain from the 12v socket. My car dashcam is connected and powered from the driver arm rest 12v socket (not hard wired).

The reason I believe so is because once in early 2021, I switched off the car but left the phone connected with the 12v socket in the front arm rest. The Head unit/ICE kept on blinking on and off but stopped doing so as soon as I removed the charger. Not sure what the error in the connection was but this erratic behaviour again resumed when I plugged that charger again and turned off the car.

Was any of the accessory mentioned above by you connected with the front 12v socket in the driver arm rest?
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 13:02   #405
BHPian

Hi, i have managed to locate a 2021 S-Cross Zeta Manual Petrol that has run 16,000 kms. The asking price is 10,40,000/- Is that a value for money deal or should I keep looking? Also since the car has been discontinued does it make sense to consider it? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks