Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:52   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: S-Cross 1.5L P parts easily availablie in aftermarket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Is Scross a FNG friendly car? Are spare parts easily available in the aftermarket?
Not quoting your entire post but I am sharing my views on all your queries.

1. All Maruti cars are FNG friendly because many components are shared between different cars so most FNGs have an idea how to handle the issue.

2. Spare parts are available in the after market but why bother when Maruti Suzuki sells their MGP parts after market via their official distributors. These distributors also supply parts to authorized service centers.

3. Yes, these cars can be serviced for 15 years very easily, including non engine parts such as body panels. Maruti has sold more than 1 lac S-Cross as of 2018. My 2010 Fiat Punto is still serviceable in Jeep-FCA dealerships even though Fiat has stopped selling cars in India for more than 2 years. And even before that, they sold less than 8000-10000 cars per year.

4. No authorized service center treats a car unfairly just because it is now a discontinued model. They are there to make money from the business. They treat all cars the same.

I am also a 15 year user type and I went ahead and got S-Cross petrol in October 2020 when LeoShashi had already mentioned that S-Cross could be discontinued in coming future. Even he bought one so I am having no doubt w.r.t. serviceability.
PaddleShifter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:33   #377
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

I am looking for second hand Scross and have shortlisted below two vehicles. I am yet to check service history in Authorised workshop but car looks clean as of now.

1. 2021 Zeta MT - 5k @ 9lakhs
2. 2021 Alpha AT - 14k @12.40 Lakhs

I am thinking of 2nd one, but then second thought comes to mind whether to put 10plus in a car which is about to get discontinued and have outdated 4speed AT gearbox.

Request all to share their opinion.
Old 4th August 2022, 08:05   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
I am looking for second hand Scross and have shortlisted below two vehicles.
The Zeta MT looks like a much better deal for a 1 year old car, provided the details are accurate and the car hasn't undergone any serious accidents.

I wouldn't get worked up on the car being discontinued. The 1.3D was 97% localization, so should the 1.5P. As Naren proves it, even the 1.6D accepts local components for regular wear and tear. Only body panels might become rarer as years roll by.

If you are looking at exciting gearboxes, you should look outside Maruti.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 16:03   #379
BHPian

I recently completed Kolkata-Puri-Kolkata drive in my 2021 S-Cross 1.5 and would like to share some of observations as a new driver:

1. S-Cross is a comfortable highway cruiser. My car was loaded with my family of 5 members (all adults), my pet and 3 days of luggage. While return, the load was even more due to all the shopping. I was afraid of car going over its gross weight but it carried us all in comfort and maintained its stability over sudden highway undulations and bridge joints.

2. I maintained a speed of around 80 and got mind boggling mileage of 16 kmpl with all the load (5 Adults + Luggage).

3. As some may know, the Kolkata Puri highway is still under construction near Balasore and there are lots of uneven ditches and insanely tall speed-breakers along this stretch of highway. Initially, I was afraid of scraping my car's underbody due to this but thankfully, the car made out unscratched over every bump.

4. The JK UX Royale tyres were noisy, more so over the concrete tarmac that is spread along approx. 100 Kms but they provided adequate grip.

5. On access-controlled stretches, cruise control was a lifesaver as I was the only driver. It ensured I always reached my destination relatively fatigue free. I was even able to attended an office meeting after driving 500 Kms nonstop.

6. On way to Puri from Bhubaneswar, it was raining heavily but the car did not lose its composure while heavy braking due to sudden cattle movement. On the same note, I was able to avoid clash with a small cow which came running out of nowhere from the intersection.

7.In entire trip, I only refuelled twice as the car has decent fuel tank capacity and still had around half tank of petrol left when returned to Kolkata.

8. Despite no rear AC vents, the AC compressor was able to cool the car down quickly and maintained the temperature at 24 degrees despite scorching heat outside. Please note I do not use any window curtain or shade still my family members were asking to turn the AC vents away from them.

9. Android Auto was acting up sometimes and got stuck suddenly. It refused to work despite all the restarts and plugging back the cable and got reset only after switching off the engine for few minutes. This is happening frequently and I need to raise this in my next service.

I always admired S-Cross for its highway manners when I drove alone but I was a bit apprehensive about its behaviour when under full load. I was initially thinking of hiring XUV500 from Revv or a Innova with driver for this trip but then decided against it on seeing the rates.

All in all, it is a very good car and an all-rounder that I hope to keep with me for all 15 years. Signing off as one happy and satisfied S-Cross owner.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st August 2022 at 12:15. Reason: Unsupported emoticons
Centodieci is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 07:01   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centodieci View Post
Android Auto was acting up sometimes and got stuck suddenly. It refused to work despite all the restarts and plugging back the cable and got reset only after switching off the engine for few minutes. This is happening frequently and I need to raise this in my next service.
The similar issue is happening with me too frequently. I complained about it some 3 months back during service and the guys got engineer from Harman Kardon who supply these head units. He updated the software and said that android auto getting stuck has more to do with mobile phones and not the audio system.

Since then I have used 2 separate mobile phone but the android auto hanging issue has become more frequent. And the whole thing makes me think that the head unit is the culprit and not the mobiles.

Lets see if Harman guys again just upgrade the software or have some other solution.
ontheway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 13:15   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Lets see if Harman guys again just upgrade the software or have some other solution.
I purchased the car 1.5 years back and have been using a Galaxy S9+ along with Skullcandy usb cable since then. For 6 months or so the head unit performed well but after I got the software updated during second free service, I guess this issue has become more prominent.
Some of the members in S-Cross WhatsApp group mentioned that changing the USB cable made a bit of difference but I am yet to check that.
This is one major con in the car as I sometimes miss turns and keep on going straight due to Google Maps deciding to take a break.
Centodieci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:35   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centodieci View Post
I purchased the car 1.5 years back and have been using a Galaxy S9+ along with Skullcandy usb cable since then. For 6 months or so the head unit performed well but after I got the software updated during second free service, I guess this issue has become more prominent.
Some of the members in S-Cross WhatsApp group mentioned that changing the USB cable made a bit of difference but I am yet to check that.
This is one major con in the car as I sometimes miss turns and keep on going straight due to Google Maps deciding to take a break.
Very interesting. I too have the same issue. While navigating the Infotainment system is non responsive at times. The funny thing is the audio will be working but the display will be frozen. Its very annoying as you will not be aware of it and miss the turns. Only solution is to off the car completely and wait for a couple of mins and then restart.

I even bought a usb 3.1 cable and made sure that it is perfect. Still problem is persisting.

When I brought the issue up with the service center their response was not very helpful and they said in android it happens but ios/apple users don't have this issue.
Wonder how to resolve this problem.

PS: how to join the S cross WhatsApp group?
nuttyprof1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:53   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof1991 View Post

PS: how to join the S cross WhatsApp group?
I am unable to send you the invite link as PM function is not yet activated for me. If you search in Facebook , there is a group called S-Cross Smart Squads. Please join that and then you can find the link.
Centodieci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 07:22   #384

I have faced the same problem on my XL6 too. Android auto gets stuck often. My observation has been it happens when I use my Samsung S21 it often gets stuck. With my OnePlus 7Pro it works like a charm.

Samsung almost falters everytime I plug it.

Try using another mobile, and see the problem persists.
AbhinavXL6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 11:06   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhinavXL6 View Post

Try using another mobile, and see the problem persists.
Yes, you may be right. I will try with my spouse’s Google Pixel and see if there is any improvement. It is running the latest Android 13 and is relatively faster as compared to my old S9.

Also, a bunch of owners reported that some of the music apps causes the android auto system to lag which might be partially true as I feel my music app uses excessive system resource.
Old 10th October 2022, 21:46   #386
BHPian

Has anyone places a woofer/speaker in dash behind main head unit where speaker grill and space is already provided by Maruti.

Or anyone can provide me with wiring diagram of S-cross 2022 head unit just to make sure that woofer/speaker is plug and play.
Old 10th October 2022, 21:59   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Has anyone places a woofer/speaker in dash behind main head unit where speaker grill and space is already provided by Maruti.
That space is there for a 4 inch speaker (that should act as a center speaker). A four inch speaker is too small to give any meaningful contribution to the audio in our Indian S-Cross. The effort is not worth it. The speakers in S-Cross are rated at 20W RMS and the in built head unit has an output of 20x4 watts.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 06:25   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
That space is there for a 4 inch speaker (that should act as a center speaker). A four inch speaker is too small to give any meaningful contribution to the audio in our Indian S-Cross. The effort is not worth it. The speakers in S-Cross are rated at 20W RMS and the in built head unit has an output of 20x4 watts.
I was thinking of just upgrading speakers without putting in amplifier or changing a head unit. I am more of a keeping thongs OEM and prefer plug and play stuff. But looks like just upgrading speakers won't suffice here will have to either put in new head unit or an Amplifier.

Current speakers are not that great the sound is a bit harsh on long drives hence an itch to change them.

Have you upgraded your sound system ?
Old 11th October 2022, 18:51   #389
Senior - BHPian

I have changed the speakers in my S-Cross and have added damping. The improvement in sound quality is not that perceptible compared to what I had got with my Punto back in 2011. I have added 6.5” JBL GTO609c in the front while rear speakers are stock.

I would suggest that you do not add components in the front else the wire that goes from crossover to the tweeter (in the dash) will be visible near the door hinge. It looks so ugly.

Retain the stock tweeters, add 6.5” coaxials in all four doors along with damping.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 21:42   #390
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians. I currently have S-cross 1.5 petrol Zeta Oct 2021 variant. Last weekend, for the first time I took the car for a road trip - Delhi to Ranthambore and back covering approximately 800 kms in 3 days. While I loved the way car glides over potholes, it's handling but I started to have back ache and didn't find it comfortable enough beyond 200kms. I'm 5'11 and I tried different seat adjustment angles, but not much of a help. I wish lumbar support was better. Just want to check, if is it just me, or anyone else has faced this as well? What can be the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks