Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2022, 15:03   #346
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
S Cross AT has ESP ?. Dealer says yes, but maruti website does not list it.
No it does not. The safety features include ABS/EBD and all 4 disc brakes.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 07:48   #347
BHPian

Has anyone tried dechroming the front? That ugly chrome grill is the only bit I don't like about my car. Any pictures would be extremely helpful
Old 25th April 2022, 09:44   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Has anyone tried dechroming the front? That ugly chrome grill is the only bit I don't like about my car. Any pictures would be extremely helpful
I have personally never tried to de-chrome any of the sections/emblems of the car. Although there are few products available in the market which can be tried out. You can buy an emblem and try on the application procedure and then install on the grill. (I am not sure about the longevity of the product since it will be experiencing the maximum wind blast)
You can also try asking detailing centres for the same. Wrapping the section can also be an option.
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:22   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti may stop S-Cross, drive in SUV with Toyota.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20220523_161739.jpg

Quote:
“We have sold over 165,000 units of the S-Cross so far and thank our customers for their continued support. We would not be able to give any guidance with respect to the stopping of S-Cross production or the introduction of a new model.”
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 23rd May 2022 at 16:26.
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:49   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKMADDY17 View Post
Hi Friends,

With Bangalore getting high summers this time, willing to get 3M's CR70 for my SCross especially for the comfort of the rear passengers. Wanted to know if anyone has installed the same & if possible can share the window images with the feedback? (I am little curious to see the window edges)

Does anyone know any POC for the installation of CR70 or any other brand if you recommend ?
FYR- I will not be installing it on the windshield.

Thanks
I have installed Garware Sunfilm (70%) for my scross in Bangalore. The installation was done on all door glasses, quarter panels and rear windshield. I am sharing few images below :

Windows without any sunfilm -

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1186.jpg

Windows with sunfim installed -

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1194.jpg

Below are different sections of the car with sunfilm installed -

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1189.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1197.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1199.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_1200.jpg

I installed the same with the help of few fellow bhpians of Bangalore. They recommended to contact Shreyas for it and frankly he is a gem of a person. He patiently listened to all my queries and has a great post installation service too. I reported him that it had few bubbles on one of the section and his team reached and resolved it as per my comfortable time, and this was the best part. The installation is done at your doorstep as per your comfortable and availability. His contact details are below :

Quote:
Shreyas (Meda garware)
+91 - 9986502625
Some benefits are AC cooling has improved, Sun burns are less on highways and no need of any magnetic/roller after market sunshades. Looks have not been compromised and no affect in night driving. I have been using it since a month and very happy with the decision for such an addition to the car. Friends in Bangalore can surely give a thought of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti may stop S-Cross, drive in SUV with Toyota.

Attachment 2311880

Source

The news what i have is, the next generation Brezza will be placed in the same price range of Scross. Customers will obviously compare both the models and there can be some loss in sales of Brezza. (They will be highlighting Brezza 2022 as the flagship model in ARENA)
Therefore Scross will be discontinued and we may not see the next generation of Scross in India too. The next flagship model for NEXA will be Toyota based SUV which is under planning.

Although all these are not concrete news as of now. Lets wait and watch.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:45   #351
BHPian

Hi Friends,

So confirmed news, SCROSS moves into it’s daddy’s path(SX4). Production has stopped and next generation model is not coming to India.

Next month there will be an official announcement of this.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:56   #352

Hi All,

New to this forum. I booked a SCross Zeta AT a couple of weeks ago. Just got a call today from the RM saying that they have stopped taking new bookings of SCross. Also, they don't have any info on the timeline for the new SCross or whether it would be launched.

He told me that a zeta AT was readily available (due to a cancellation). Wanted your thoughts on whether it makes sense to go with the existing AT or wait for a newer version to be available?

My usage will only be for city driving and the usage would also not be a lot as well (our 12-year-old swift just clocked 50k Kms). I am not a fan of all the new equipment/tech but the only thing pinching me was the 4speed vs 6speed AT. Will there be a huge difference b/w them in city driving conditions?
Also, my max budget is 15L on road, so I am not sure if the new versions will be available under 15L on road (the current zeta AT is ~14L on road)
Old 24th May 2022, 12:05   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Hi All,

New to this forum. I booked a SCross Zeta AT a couple of weeks ago. Just got a call today from the RM saying that they have stopped taking new bookings of SCross. Also, they don't have any info on the timeline for the new SCross or whether it would be launched.

He told me that a zeta AT was readily available (due to a cancellation). Wanted your thoughts on whether it makes sense to go with the existing AT or wait for a newer version to be available?

My usage will only be for city driving and the usage would also not be a lot as well (our 12-year-old swift just clocked 50k Kms). I am not a fan of all the new equipment/tech but the only thing pinching me was the 4speed vs 6speed AT. Will there be a huge difference b/w them in city driving conditions?
Also, my max budget is 15L on road, so I am not sure if the new versions will be available under 15L on road (the current zeta AT is ~14L on road)
If you can live with reduced leg room at the rear, move your booking to the new Breeza. Slightly more features, modern and newness. S-cross in that sense is very comfortable than most Compact SUVs.

S-cross boot is very well shaped and can take a decent amount of luggage relatively to other compact SUVs.

Maruti's 4 speed auto though ancient has performed very well in City conditions if you ask real owners.

From what people are reporting, the new K15C like the new K12C are heavily tuned for FE so K15B (S-cross) is more agile / zippy in that sense.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 12:14   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Congratulations Aditya on the membership, welcome onboard.
If you see my above post, SCROSS is discontinued and new facelift model is not coming to India any soon. I would say to wait for Brezza next generation model and then take your call.

FYI - Wholesale targets for many dealerships is high this month for Scross. You may get a car as a free stock if you check dealerships around you.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:15   #355

Thanks a lot for the inputs @dipen @makmaddy17. Yeah, it makes sense to wait at least till details of the new Brezza are out. Ill also check out the current Brezza for rear leg room, i think the new one would not be largely different in that aspect
Old 28th May 2022, 23:54   #356
BHPian

Hi everyone,

So booked a Zeta AT today and delivery is promised within 10 days. I was also informed by the Nexa RM that the production of the S cross has stopped and a 'facelift' will be launched soon. Although the answers were evasive. They had a fair amount of inventory to get rid off and the news of the production being stopped by MSIL is not helping matters much.
Old 31st May 2022, 10:32   #357

Hi Everyone,

Since s-cross is being discontinued, do you think there would be service issues in the future for this car?

Also, my RM at NEXA called me multiple times that a car is available due to cancellation & asked me to get the finances ready...and 4-5hrs later informs me that the customer has not cancelled. Do things like this happen frequently? Or is something wrong with the Nexa showroom i have booked from
Old 31st May 2022, 12:21   #358

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Since s-cross is being discontinued, do you think there would be service issues in the future for this car?

Also, my RM at NEXA called me multiple times that a car is available due to cancellation & asked me to get the finances ready...and 4-5hrs later informs me that the customer has not cancelled. Do things like this happen frequently? Or is something wrong with the Nexa showroom i have booked from
It is a Maruti and there is a fair amount of parts sharing, so I wouldn't worry about any service issues.

Customer cancellations are not uncommon, especially when a model gets discontinued. The dealer probably called up everyone who they thought would be interested in the car when a booking was cancelled and someone else, not necessarily the original customer, put up the cash for it before you did. At the end of the day, the car being discontinued is great value for money and I would be surprised if Maruti Suzuki has to struggle a lot to clear the inventory.
colcol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 13:20   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcol View Post
It is a Maruti and there is a fair amount of parts sharing, so I wouldn't worry about any service issues.

Customer cancellations are not uncommon, especially when a model gets discontinued. The dealer probably called up everyone who they thought would be interested in the car when a booking was cancelled and someone else, not necessarily the original customer, put up the cash for it before you did. At the end of the day, the car being discontinued is great value for money and I would be surprised if Maruti Suzuki has to struggle a lot to clear the inventory.
Got it. Thanks a lot for the info. I had committed to making the payment but as you mentioned maybe someone else might have made the payment before me....good to know that its a common occurrence and not one-off .
Old 31st May 2022, 16:25   #360

Quote:
Got it. Thanks a lot for the info. I had committed to making the payment but as you mentioned maybe someone else might have made the payment before me....good to know that its a common occurrence and not one-off .
If you really have your heart set on the car, you should call the other dealerships in the city asking if they have the car in stock. I am sure other customers will cancel, but also, given the fact that the new Brezza will probably be priced at par with the outgoing S-Cross and the replacement Toyota/Suzuki D22 will likely be priced substantially higher, having a lot more features but not necessarily be as well built as the S-Cross, they will get picked up quickly without Maruti Suzuki having to discount heavily.
colcol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks