Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:51   #1351
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBorne View Post
1. Insurance: INR 20k (matching my outside quote)
2. Dealer plus cash discount from Tata: INR 40k
3. Exchange bonus: INR 40k plus value of the car (23K as per their offer)
Looks like a good deal as compared to when I bought the car. I didn't have the dealer plus cash discount component.
Quote:
Would love to learn as to how did you manage to do that?
Some dealers/ sales reps allow you to sell outside and claim the exchange bonus too. They take a cut out of the 40K though.

Essentially they declare the car as being sold by them and claim the exchange bonus from Tata, while you sell outside. All you need to do is tell the exact price that is agreed between dealer and you, when Tata reps call you for verification. It is a malpractice. I doubt all dealers do this. But some do.
ssm2021 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:39   #1352

Hi All, I would like to know how can we set up the map directions on the Instrument cluster while using Google Maps? I know this can be done as I have noticed that on several videos but not sure how to do it. If anyone has set it up, please guide me. Thank you in advance.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:15   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post
I am observing a peculiar issue(?) in my newly delivered Harrier XTA+, would request fellow Harrier owners to chime in please.

There is an extremely mild noise emanating from the dashboard, even when the vehicle has ignition turned off (and has been in this state for quite some time). In fact, the whooshing kind of sound can only be heard when the vehicle is in 'ignition off' state and in an extremely noise free environment with windows and doors closed.

I took the vehicle to TATA service centre, they did acknowledge that there is a sound, but were clueless on the origin. The closest guess they came up with is of the 'Infotainment system FAN' as the likely source. Interestingly, I, along with the TASS service head checked a couple of new Harrier automatics, and were able to hear the same sound in both as well.

I think I am more intrigued than worried, if anyone can throw some light on this, please do.
I can confirm that this is the infotainment cooling fan. It turns off after running for about 2-3 minutes.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:47   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipin View Post
Hi All, I would like to know how can we set up the map directions on the Instrument cluster while using Google Maps? I know this can be done as I have noticed that on several videos but not sure how to do it. If anyone has set it up, please guide me. Thank you in advance.
Not sure I understand your question properly, But the map directions on the instrument cluster can be set using android auto/ apple CarPlay.
ssm2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 08:31   #1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipin View Post
Using the main infotainment screen, go into the menu on the left side of the screen that shows your connected device. Within that, there's an option to cast and all you have to do is enable it.
ellusiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 19:59   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellusiv View Post
Using the main infotainment screen, go into the menu on the left side of the screen that shows your connected device. Within that, there's an option to cast and all you have to do is enable it.
This is good. I wasn't aware of this. I haven't tried if this works for Apple CarPlay, but it certainly works for Android Auto. Watch this video around 5.25

ssm2021 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 20:42   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssm2021 View Post
I haven't tried if this works for Apple CarPlay
I tried the Apple CarPlay for this feature to see if the navigation instructions appear on the instrument panel. Unfortunately this is what I observed.
1. If your navigation is setup on GoogleMaps: The navigation instructions don't come up on the panel.
2. If you are navigating using Apple Maps: The navigation comes up on the panel, however it doesn't show the turn direction. It always shows 2 icons - static CarPlay icon, followed by a static Left Turn icon. This is followed by the live distance message for the turn (e.g. 150m Ahead)

See the attached photos of the infotainment system & instrument cluster panel at the same location with navigation on:
Here you see the CarPlay maps direction on the infotainment screen. It shows a right turn 150m ahead.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_5164.jpeg

For the same location, here you see the instrument cluster panel with a static direction arrow (shows always left) and a dynamic distance message saying 150m ahead.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_5165.jpeg

Any ideas if this is how it is for CarPlay? Or is there some settings with which I can get this work properly like it does for Android Auto?

Last edited by ssm2021 : 6th January 2022 at 20:44. Reason: grammer correction.
ssm2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:02   #1358
BHPian

Quote:

1. Insurance: INR 20k (matching my outside quote)
2. Dealer plus cash discount from Tata: INR 40k
3. Exchange bonus: INR 40k plus value of the car (23K as per their offer)
To continue the above thread, I have gone ahead and booked the White DT XZ+ Harrier on 27th Dec with the above discounts.

We didn't get the allocation before new year and got one allocated in the new year with all except the manufacturer discount intact.

As we are nearing delivery date, there is this paranoid in me who has started asking few questions. It could just be that it will be my first car and first major purchase of life costing what it costs.

Just skeptical if Tata is planning to introduce 2022 Harrier with feature upgrades and that is why they have continued with the discounts in new year? They must be feeling the heat with the launch of XUV700 and will have to course correct sooner than later.

And if that indeed turns out to be the case, how much of the new enhancements could be upgraded in current car later on?

I understand, few can't be upgraded later on, but how about say something like wireless android auto etc, or 360 degree camera for that matter?
Old 11th January 2022, 15:54   #1359
BHPian

I am also planning to book Harrier XZA plus. Till now there hasn't been any rumors regarding feature upgrades, other than the usual desirable updates listed by various sites. However there are expectations of feature upgrades.

There are also rumors of price hike as well. Not sure whether this will also come along with feature upgrades.

Anyway will proceed with booking once I get a confirmation regarding loan approval.

Will need suggestions regarding the best PPF installers if any available in Navi Mumbai.
Old 11th January 2022, 23:14   #1360
BHPian

Booked Harrier and its in stockyard right now. XZA+ Dark.

Ex showroom + 20k cash discount + 59k insurance + RTO + 30K EW + 500 fastag + 5k discount and mats at 3k rs. instead of 5.3K.
Metallicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 22:01   #1361
BHPian

I got my Harrier delivered today. Sadly I wasn't available at the showroom and my sister took it. Have to wait for another 15-20 days as I am in Arabian sea right now.

By mistake forgot to take the car cover from the showroom. Now do I get it from them or order online ? If online then any recommendation ?

Car needs to be run in for 2k kms.....I wish I could rev it hard from the get go.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220113-2.16.32-pm.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220113-2.15.40-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Metallicar : 13th January 2022 at 22:05.
Metallicar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 12:53   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Booked Harrier and its in stockyard right now. XZA+ Dark.

59k insurance, 5k discount
Which insurance did you opt for - the dealer one or got it from outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post
I am also planning to book Harrier XZA plus.
Quote:
I got my Harrier delivered today. Sadly I wasn't available at the showroom and my sister took it.
Good to see others in the same boat. Hope to take the delivery of XZ+ on this Monday if everything goes as per plan.

Old 15th January 2022, 12:55   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Which insurance did you opt for - the dealer one or got it from outside?

Good to see others in the same boat. Hope to take the delivery of XZ+ on this Monday if everything goes as per plan.

Dealer gave the insurance. Congratulations on the new XZ+ that you are getting. Any plans for Ceramic coating etc or films on the windows ?

Last edited by Metallicar : 15th January 2022 at 12:57.
Old 15th January 2022, 15:18   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer gave the insurance. Congratulations on the new XZ+ that you are getting. Any plans for Ceramic coating etc or films on the windows ?
What was the IDV in the insurance. The insurance value is very good. Which insurance did the dealer provide?

Last edited by Bala_R : 15th January 2022 at 15:43.
Old 15th January 2022, 15:25   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer did you choose?

Regarding the second point, will lean on the collective wisdom of the group to get the necessary things done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks