Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 14:55   #1321
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Are there professional services who can help with PDI for a noob like me?
Am afraid will be biased owing to the newness of the car and lack of expert eye.
You really don't need to be professional. All you need is 'Preparedness' and 'Patience'.
PDI checklist are self-explanatory and always handy. You may consider taking along your friend / relative whom you trust on getting a fair opinion. Alternately, If you very know a local mechanic you may consider his paid services (even though this is prevalent mostly for Pre-Owned vehicle assessment.
I some time see that people go with a closed / suspicious mindset whenever they visit TATA showroom because of the niggles being reported. It is counter-productive as well.
There are issues that can be cosmetic / minor / rectified / replaced. Be realistic in your assessment, Report and Record them and get a written commitment for resolving in a time bound manner. For major KOs just decline the vehicle.
Hope this helps !!
Rolling_Stock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 17:10   #1322
BHPian

Third free service update for my CAMO and experienced pathetic service from Hygene Tata service center Chennai. They committed on a half day delivery time (around 2-3PM) due to which I skipped other SC's and reached there by 10. Job card in place within 10 minutes and penance of my Harrier started in the service bay. Till 2 it was in the lifted position for changing the filters and other consumables.

since they didn't bring the car out for washing even at 3, I went inside to inspect only to know that engine oil is yet to be brought from Warehouse. Another 30 minutes, car was out of service bay and sent for washing. It was almost 4 that I thought of taking a glance at my getting washed and it was a shocker to see my dirty car with another car in front of it waiting for wash and no washing staff around.

Got back to the service advisor and asked to deliver the vehicle without washing and they hurriedly ask someone to wash the car and car is back for wiping in another 30 minutes.

I was handed a bill of 11328 INR in which I saw wheel balancing and alignment. I asked when did they do the wheel alignment/balancing and they say its yet to be done. Its almost 5 PM now and here comes the next shocker that the alignment pit in SC is full of water and they want to send the car outside for alignment.

Still waiting in the so called Customer lounge waiting to take delivery.

Will I recommend this service center or visit this place again in future ? I DONT THINK SO !!

While Senthil Nathan from the service center was a gentleman to deal with, other still carry over the attitude of handling cabbies and has no respect for our time.
Turbo_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:15   #1323
BHPian

I am in market to buy a new car now. I have a pre owned 2012 Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG. I am being forced to let go off it because it is completing 10 years in July, 2022 and I live in Delhi.

I don't have the budget for Octavia or something similar. Everytime I see a car around 20 lacs or lower I am left feeling " Jetta jaisa maja degi kya?" (will it be fun like the Jetta?). This feeling is hard to explain. I might go for Harrier XZA+ or wait a month or so for Slavia pricing to come out.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th December 2021 at 21:38. Reason: Translation added
Metallicar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 12:39   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I am in market to buy a new car now. I have a pre owned 2012 Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG. I am being forced to let go off it because it is completing 10 years in July, 2022 and I live in Delhi.

I don't have the budget of Octi or something similar. Everytime I see a car around 20 lacs or lower I am left feeling " Jetta jaisa maja degi kya ". This feeling is hard to explain. I might go for Harrier XZA+ or wait a month or so for Slavia pricing to come out.
Man, I wouldn't want to be you
As much as I hate to say it, neither the Harrier nor the Slavia are going to cut it coming from a Jetta.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2021 at 05:23. Reason: Smiley correction
DeKay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 16:01   #1325
BHPian

Can you guys clear some doubts for me ? what is the dark merchandise with the Harrier dark edition ? Is it free if you buy XZA+ dark edition ?

Is there normal black color available ? I asked a dealer but he said he only has black in dark edition.

Is the dark interior claustrophobic or something ? I understand the car is very spacious but still want to ask if it feels uncomfortable or something after few months of ownership if full interiors are just black.

I have attached a pic from team bhp itself. Is it just black or dark edition ?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-177290713_383373472739372_2367435683066212927_n.jpg  

Old 11th December 2021, 23:56   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Can you guys clear some doubts for me ? what is the dark merchandise with the Harrier dark edition ? Is it free if you buy XZA+ dark edition ?

Is there normal black color available ? I asked a dealer but he said he only has black in dark edition.

?
There is only black color, which is called Oberon Black now (it was earlier Atlas black) AKA Dark Edition

I personally don’t think dark interiors make the vehicle claustrophobic. Rather I find the dark interiors a touch more classy than the normal ones
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 11:41   #1327
BHPian

Quote:

Is the dark interior claustrophobic or something ? I understand the car is very spacious but still want to ask if it feels uncomfortable or something after few months of ownership if full interiors are just black.

The black color is only available with the dark editions, not with the standard variants.

The dark edition interior has black upholstery and black roof lining, but it shouldn't feel claustrophobic because of the massive sunroof.

That is the Telesto grey color on the XZ variant (If I'm not wrong, this color was only available in the bs4 version of the car).
amoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:49   #1328
BHPian

The third free service came up for my Harrier XT+ Yesterday. I gave the Vehicle to Panchajanya Auto,Pune.
I am a non fussy vehicle owner, so I save up reporting niggles or issues till the service. In my one year of ownership so far I did not face any major Issues.

I called up the service manager and asked him to fix the following:
  1. Rattle from the roof light.
  2. A faint rattle from the left front door.
  3. Alternator belt slipping occasionally at higher gears.
  4. Check Engine Mount Bolts and Re-Torque.
  5. Clean AC vents as I was experiencing bad odour from it.
I also asked them not to perform Wheel Balancing/Alignment as I wanted to get it done under supervision.

I got my vehicle back and I am happy with the work done. All the issues were fixed(Hoping they remain fixed ). Oil was changed and DEF topped up.

The cost breakdown is as follows:
  1. Engine Oil - 4950 /-
  2. Filtering Element - 2510 /-
  3. Fuel Filter - 2510 /-
  4. Air Filter - 832 /-
  5. Def Topup - 296/-
  6. Sealing Gasket Draing Plug - 316/-
BlackMambaXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:25   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
Third free service update for my CAMO and experienced pathetic service from Hygene Tata service center Chennai. They committed on a half day delivery time (around 2-3PM) due to which I skipped other SC's and reached there by 10. Job card in place within 10 minutes and penance of my Harrier started in the service bay. Till 2 it was in the lifted position for changing the filters and other consumables.

since they didn't bring the car out for washing even at 3, I went inside to inspect only to know that engine oil is yet to be brought from Warehouse. Another 30 minutes, car was out of service bay and sent for washing. It was almost 4 that I thought of taking a glance at my getting washed and it was a shocker to see my dirty car with another car in front of it waiting for wash and no washing staff around.

Got back to the service advisor and asked to deliver the vehicle without washing and they hurriedly ask someone to wash the car and car is back for wiping in another 30 minutes.

I was handed a bill of 11328 INR in which I saw wheel balancing and alignment. I asked when did they do the wheel alignment/balancing and they say its yet to be done. Its almost 5 PM now and here comes the next shocker that the alignment pit in SC is full of water and they want to send the car outside for alignment.

Still waiting in the so called Customer lounge waiting to take delivery.

Will I recommend this service center or visit this place again in future ? I DONT THINK SO !!

While Senthil Nathan from the service center was a gentleman to deal with, other still carry over the attitude of handling cabbies and has no respect for our time.
That is just wow!!!
Did you ask for wheel balancing and alignment to be done or did they add it themselves?
Old 20th December 2021, 15:39   #1330

Quote:

Hey Metallicar, no merchandise is free irrespective of the vehicle model. You should consider yourself lucky if you manage to negotiate free basic accessories.

4 colors are currently available Dark aka Oberon Black, Orcus White , Calypso Red & Daytona Grey (this color looks closest to black , attached 1 photo of my car)
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car-.png  

Bipin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 20:45   #1331

I was looking for an SUV as an upgrade to my current i10. I shortlisted Harrier and Hector and started visiting the showrooms in the month of September. Unfortunately, the response from TATA showrooms was pathetic, no one picked up my calls, no one responded to my queries and there was no one to attend to me when I visited the showroom. However, the scene was different at MG showroom and I booked a Hector in September.

Fast forward 3 months, there was no update on delivery from MG dealer even after following up with the SA multiple times and I needed a car by Jan 1st week. So with reluctance, I started considering Harrier again. But to my pleasant surprise, the dealer responded immediately to my query this time. I went to the showroom to look at the vehicle but they did not have a Harrier for TD at the showroom and they had only white Harrier on display. We requested for a TD and also to see other colors as well. They obliged and took us to another branch of theirs in the showroom's Tata Punch

They took us to their stockyard and showed us the different colors of Harrier and arranged a TD for us immediately. Had test driven the Harrier and they promised to deliver the vehicle in 5 days as they have vehicles available.

Now I am confused if I should wait for the Hector or go with Harrier. With Hector, I dont know when the delivery would be whereas with Harrier, I have commitment from the dealer that they would deliver in 2 weeks time.
Old 20th December 2021, 23:57   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugulagopi View Post
I was looking for an SUV as an upgrade to my current i10. I shortlisted Harrier and Hector and started visiting the showrooms in the month of September. Unfortunately, the response from TATA showrooms was pathetic, no one picked up my calls, no one responded to my queries and there was no one to attend to me when I visited the showroom. However, the scene was different at MG showroom and I booked a Hector in September.

I think fundamental question you need to answer is, which SUV you liked, delivery date might be you one of your criteria but how both of these SUV's stack up in your other requirements will prove be helpful to decide next steps, After that is sorted, you can either go with Harrier or hunt down other Hector showrooms to find quickly available stock and variant.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 01:50   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am confused if I should wait for the Hector or go with Harrier. With Hector, I dont know when the delivery would be whereas with Harrier, I have commitment from the dealer that they would deliver in 2 weeks time.
With no view of Hector delivery times vs commitment for the Harrier, vis-a-vis your requirement for a vehicle now, why not the Harrier ? It was on your short list when you started the search.
Old 21st December 2021, 07:54   #1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
With no view of Hector delivery times vs commitment for the Harrier, vis-a-vis your requirement for a vehicle now, why not the Harrier ? It was on your short list when you started the search.
My major concern with Harrier are the biggest being reported by owners across all the forums and FB groups. I can live with the niggles around the infotainment system but the issues being reported around the braking system and the sunroof leakages is worrying me more. On the other hand for Hector most of the issues are around mileage which I'm okay with but there is no sight of delivery in the near future. So I'm in two minds on how to proceed
Old 21st December 2021, 09:07   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
I can live with the niggles around the infotainment system but the issues being reported around the braking system and the sunroof leakages is worrying me
Do Harrier suffers from break issues and sunroof leakages? I am a member in Harrier owner groups and saw mostly niggles around infotainment( blue tooth connectivity). Even in this forum issues on breaking and sunroof leakages were not reported.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 21st December 2021 at 09:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks