Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 18:25   #1306
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
How are the plastics holding up? I was very disappointed with the buttons and the interior cabin quality degrading
I have a 2020 August manufactured XZA+. Today I checked all the buttons after seeing your post and they are working well. Even the electric seat adjustment buttons ( I have some doubts on the buttons longevity) are intact with out any play.

I had a Punto and Figo earlier, the experience with Punto was bad but Figo fared well
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 18:37   #1307
BANNED

Had been to KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore to checkout XZA+. Family impressed and am exploring to book DT. Now the sales guy showed 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot-20211127-183120.png prices.

From the 27L price tag, he agreed to give 78k discount. Am in no rush to book. Told him will explore other showrooms in the vicinity.
Is there more room for discounts?. Wanted to see if can ask for Christmas & year-end discounts. Is this a reasonable price?.
Have been told the waiting period is 4-6 weeks. Do the price and wai periods seem reasonable?
Please share any feedback.

Last edited by vjoy3 : 27th November 2021 at 18:59.
vjoy3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 18:55   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Had been to KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore to checkout XZA+. Family impressed and am exploring to book DT. Now the sales guy showed Attachment 2238207 prices.

From the 27L price tag, he agreed to give 78k discount. Am in no rush to book. Told him will explore other showrooms in the vicinity.
Is there more room for discounts?
Make sure the discount is not on insurance. Try to negotiate for matching the insurance with an online quotation( another 60k discount) . Better to take it from dealership as this will help you to go cashless pan India at authorised service centres. If you are going to keep the car for long term try to negotiate in December end or in January on 2021 manufactured ones

Last edited by greyhound82 : 27th November 2021 at 18:58.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 06:19   #1309
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Rear blower speed can not be controlled independently, indeed the flow is bit lesser as compared to front blowers, only way is to speed up front blower a bit to increase the flow to the rear.

Also, the rear blowers throw only cold air, so in winters if using the heater, you need to manually shut the rear blower vents so as to stop the cold air flow to the rear passengers
Absolutely agree with your point. Rear blowers certainly need to be controlled independently. Surprised how tata motors missed such a basic thing. Even my 9 lakh ertiga has this.
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 22:28   #1310
BHPian

Looks like Tata has increased prices of Harrier secretly. The offer letter we got while booking has xza+ dt at 21,01,400. While the website and the price list shared above has it as 21,09,400. Dark edition of the same xza+ is pricier by 10,000.
professor.march is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:41   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Had been to KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore to checkout XZA+. Family impressed and am exploring to book DT. Now the sales guy showed Attachment 2238207 prices.

Is there more room for discounts?. Wanted to see if can ask for Christmas & year-end discounts. Is this a reasonable price?.
Have been told the waiting period is 4-6 weeks. Do the price and wai periods seem reasonable?
Please share any feedback.
The official waiting period is 4-6 weeks. But, you the wait will be even lesser. I got the vehicle allotted one week after my booking. The transit (1-2 week), PDI, registration takes the remaining 1 week.

But, make sure you do a PDI. Also, I have seen at times dealers not allowing for PDI before paying the money. Just softly tell your SA that you can put a word to the Sales Manager or Sales Head if it's beyond their allowed approvals. Be very formal with the Sales Manager/Head ask him to give it in writing if it's difficult to allow for PDI before payment release. They know the drill .

Insurance: To start with, tell them you will get the insurance from outside. So the discount is without insurance. Later, if they can match the insurance then you can take it from them. For me, it costed 67k (with RTI and every other add-on) with HDFC ERGO. I also transferred my NCB from my previous car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
Before I booked Harrier, salesman promised to deliver car as soon as we make payment. That they had one ready in the stockyard. Once we booked it, the word changed to end of December. It's a different thing that we we were okay with that particular time. We were even taken to the stockyard and shown the car. I saw 5-6 Harriers as well gathering dust.

I'm just curious if there's a cooling off period between when the cars arrive at the dealer to when they're delivered especially in current times where the car companies can't make them fast enough. The way the cars were parked there to the amount of dust on them makes me believe that they would have been there for at least a couple of weeks. I couldn't get a breakdown on the variants though.
At times these cars at the stockyard are from a different variant. Usually, the cooling-off period is maxed to 1-2 days. Not specifically with Harrier, but I have seen with Maruti that certain features are added at the dealer level.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2021 at 16:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
shashi792 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:15   #1312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
But, make sure you do a PDI. Also, I have seen at times dealers not allowing for PDI before paying the money. Just softly tell your SA that you can put a word to the Sales Manager or Sales Head if it's beyond their allowed approvals. Be very formal with the Sales Manager/Head ask him to give it in writing if it's difficult to allow for PDI before payment release. They know the drill .
Are there professional services who can help with PDI for a noob like me?
Am afraid will be biased owing to the newness of the car and lack of expert eye.
vjoy3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:35   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Are there professional services who can help with PDI for a noob like me?
Am afraid will be biased owing to the newness of the car and lack of expert eye.

@gto - time to open a JOBS section in our forum

Right there is the perfect opportunity for every teambhp-ian all over India to take this forum to the next level - actions instead of words. Helping nearby members to do PDI, give some tips for new drivers like driving on rain, avoiding night travel, negotiate with dealer, saying no for underbody coating and ac disinfectant :-). The returns need not be monetary. It could just be points on our forum. If we can make it count then lot more people can join. Anything within 10KMs of ones location and max 1 hour - hell yeah why not. Count me in if something like this is kickstarted.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 01:22   #1314
BHPian

Dear Harrier AT owners,

How much mileage the Harrier AT is giving (T2T method)? Asking because we are considering the Harrier XZA+ Dark Edition as the replacement for our 10+ year old preowned Innova (2011 mfg, bought in 2016 when the odo was at around 75k Kms on the odo) as it became old (still running strong at 1.88L Kms), and, we slowly realised that we don't need a 7 seater anymore due to some circumstances. Hence, we are planning to go for a 5 seater and Harrier is one of the contenders for us along XUV700 AX7L Diesel AT, Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT.

Had initially considered XUV700 (dad's choice), but, since the 700 has waiting period of nearly an year, we thought why not consider the Harrier.

Anything above 10-12 Kmpl of FE in City traffic is fine as our Innova gives only 8-9 Kmpl in city traffic and 12 Kmpl on highways if driven well.
Old 1st December 2021, 01:40   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Dear Harrier AT owners,

How much mileage the Harrier AT is giving (T2T method)? .
Reporting the fuel efficiency figures I got till now or say my experience with this beast.

In normal city traffic: 10 to 12 kmpl
In complete choc a block situation, drops down to single digit i.e, 8 - 10 kmpl
Highway with a slightly heavy foot 14-15 kmpl
Highway with a light and gentle foot above 16 kmpl

Best I got till date 18.5 kmpl for a distance of 100 kms without cruise control with a very gentle foot speed not exceeding 110 kmph.

What I observed that the accelerator is very sensitive to the pressure you apply in order to move ahead. Stomp your feet and it will drop few gears along with major drop in mileage.
Keep the urgency aside and patience within, with a very gentle and light foot, this beast will surprise you with the mileage figures for all the TLC and gentleness on the accelerator pedal.
Hope this helps!
Highh5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 14:53   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Harrier AT owners,

How much mileage the Harrier AT is giving (T2T method)? .
As per T2T:

City: ~12KMPL.

Highways: ~14-16KMPL.

All figures with 100% AC on and a not so light foot
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 19:29   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Harrier AT owners,

How much mileage the Harrier AT is giving (T2T method)?
I had recently done a 982 kms round trip and used this opportunity to check the FE of my XZA. The drive was 60% on National Highway, 30% on State Highways, 10% City traffic, varying drive modes, moderate AC and importantly my usual style of driving.
All these lead to a FE of 12.2 kmpl with a T2T method (however the MID was showing 14.5 kmpl).
Rolling_Stock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:10   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Had been to KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore to checkout XZA+. Family impressed and am exploring to book DT. Now the sales guy showed.

God bless our taxation system, just because of this one reason I got one last year from my home town in NCR and drove it down to Bangalore.
Harrier XZA+ DT bought in Nov'2020 cost me 23.25 including an extended warranty with just a cash discount of 15k on road. And here it is retailing at 27 grand, I mean seriously.
Don't expect any year-end discounts, Harrier is already in demand and this semiconductor chip shortage made the condition worst. The only way to get more discounts is to pit different showrooms against each other, might able to save some more amount.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 13:30   #1319
BHPian

Harrier BS4 vs BS6.

Everyone knows about the cosmetic differences between the two.
And of course, everyone knows the mechanical differences as well - 140ps to 170ps.

But regarding the mechanical differences, is that all?
1. Is it just the retuned software/ECU that brings the power from 140ps to 170ps?
2. What are the other mechanical changes that are updated in the BS6 version? - Bigger turbo, bigger intake, any other changes?
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:08   #1320

Please share any feedback.[/quote]

I recently got my Harrier, would suggest you to get quotation & TD from 2-3 different showrooms. I got from 5 showrooms, including one in my home town. Keep an eye on the TML monthly offers which are only valid for the current month, so if TML pauses or stops the offer for the month of delivery you are not entitled for it.

Discounts are very standard only add on discount I got was 40k exchange bonus even though I did not go for an exchange and sold my car outside. For the insurance best option is to get a quote from your existing insurance provider (agent) as well as get some online quotes and then share it with the dealer insurance team and ask them to compare each item and match the quote. I got a better deal from the dealer with all bells and whistles.

Waiting period seems to be alright, I booked on 31st July and the vehicle was allotted on 15th September well within the 4-6 weeks window. If you can travel to the other part of the city try getting quote & TD from Key Motors whom I found easy to work with. Hope this helps
Bipin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks