Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 11:50   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need advice on Harrier 235/65/R17 tyres

I went on my first drive on Yamuna Epressway with recommended air pressure of 33 but the car had plenty of vertical movement and it was very uncomfortable for family including me. I reduced the air and things became little better.

Is it a tyre problem? Should I upgrade my tyres? Or can it be something else?

If Tyres are a problem, which tyre should I upgrade to?
My stock tyres are Apollo Apterra HP. What is the review of these stock tyres?

Is it advisable to upgrade the tyres to Continental ContiCrossContact™ UHP or some other tyre?

Please respond soon as I need to tke action asap to prevent miles on current tyres.
That's a cemented road. I believe the tyres' temperature must have risen considerably making the air inside expand causing the rise to be uncomfortable. Nitrogen or lowering tyre pressure only helps. But what's important is that you should take breaks in between such drives so that the tyres can cool off.
CARDEEP is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:53   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Even I keep the air in between 30psi to 33 psi. I never found the ride stiff, in fact, it absorbs the bumps with ease and I have never experienced any vertical movement.
Biggest testimonial for that is my mother, she has a serious motion sickness problem in the car. In fact, she cannot travel even for short distances without feeling sick. I took her to Jaipur from Meerut, and believe me she did not ask me to stop the car even once due to motion sickness and she was very happy about it. So, I don't think one should face vertical movement in Harrier unless the road is way too bad.

Try to clock in some more mileage on the odometer if your vehicle is new. It also depends on from which vehicle you have moved to Harrier, maybe it is psychological in case your earlier vehicle's suspension is comparatively soft and that's why you are feeling so.
Well previously I used to drive a Polo on the road and done multiple trips at some insane speeds too sometimes but car has been flat . Harrier ride was bouncier than my Polo to such an extent that my family started missing the comfort and dynamics of Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
That's a cemented road. I believe the tyres' temperature must have risen considerably making the air inside expand causing the rise to be uncomfortable. Nitrogen or lowering tyre pressure only helps. But what's important is that you should take breaks in between such drives so that the tyres can cool off.
Driven on this road in my Polo previously non stop from Delhi to Kanpur many times in 10 years but never felt such an uncomfortable drive as I felt in Harrier.

Last edited by steadfast : 21st September 2021 at 14:56.
Old 1st October 2021, 16:34   #1248
BHPian

While it does have it's fair shares of niggles and drawbacks, one thing is for sure - the Tata Harrier looks absolutely smashing. Saw this red beauty today early morning and couldn't help but marvel at it!

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20211001_023008268_4.jpg

There was an Audi Q3 further ahead on the road but IMHO no other SUV in this segment or even 2 segments above can match the looks & presence of the Harrier! (okay maybe the Compass looks damn good too).

About time Tata does a refresh - get all the fancy stuff from the Safari (electronic parking brake, all 4 disc brakes, ventilated seats, wireless AA & Car Play)!
Shreyas_H is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 17:17   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
IMHO no other SUV in this segment or even 2 segments above can match the looks & presence of the Harrier! (okay maybe the Compass looks damn good too).

About time Tata does a refresh - get all the fancy stuff from the Safari (electronic parking brake, all 4 disc brakes, ventilated seats, wireless AA & Car Play)!
Totally true. My wife who is pretty bad at recognising cars apparently saw a camo green one today and was remarking how cool it looked. She initially thought it was a Jaguar and then on closer look, she realised it was a Harrier. Imagine her disappointment when I told her that the Camo Green has been discontinued now.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:42   #1250

Guys, I am taking the delivery of my Tata Harrier XZA on the 7th, thinking of replacing the stock Appolo tyres with Yokohama Geolandar with same size.

How much would the stock Appolo fetch if exchanged straight out of the showroom?

Any other tyre recommendations are most wellcome.

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2021, 00:27   #1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaria1970 View Post
Guys, I am taking the delivery of my Tata Harrier XZA on the 7th, thinking of replacing the stock Appolo tyres with Yokohama Geolandar with same size.

How much would the stock Appolo fetch if exchanged straight out of the showroom?

Any other tyre recommendations are most wellcome.

Cheers
I'd suggest you stay with the Apollo. I've heard from a few friends in tyre dealerships that buy back market is very bad these days & that its a buyer's market. I was quoted almost same price as a Skoda Rapid size tyre on a Harrier tyre size. Just not worth it.

I test rode a Harrier XZA+ with Apollo tyres & I couldn't find fault with it
suddensandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 00:21   #1252
BHPian

I just took some random pictures of underbody of my Harrier and found such pipes.

Can forum members please help me understand what these pipes are about ?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20211004_214318.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20211004_214313.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20211004_214259.jpg  

steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 10:56   #1253

Hi All,

I'm looking for an upgrade to my current i10. I really liked the Harrier, however I'm concerned that there is no petrol engine offering in Harrier. With all the discussions happening on pollution, is it advisable to get a diesel engine now? Your inputs are appreciated

Regards
Gopi
Old 10th October 2021, 21:45   #1254
BHPian

Got first service of my Harrier today. DEF was replenished in the car. After replenishment car went for alignment and I managed to click this underbody picture.

Does the white color in this pic mean DEF leakage in my Harrier or is this normal ?

Can some forum members reply to my message because I am yet to receive any response on my previous query since 10 days on the understanding of the exposed pipes in the underbody of Harrier ?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20211010_150120.jpg  

Old 12th October 2021, 11:06   #1255
MaG
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a May'21 manufactured XZA. My car is 7200 kms driven till date. While closely inspecting yesterday, I noticed rusting near the bolt of the tail gate. It has left me disturbed. I've officially complained to Tata Motors immediately today morning and now awaiting their response. I live in Pune where the climate is certainly not conducive to rusting so quickly.

Anybody else on the forum who faced this? Do let me know how did you take it ahead with Tata Motors.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20211011_191148.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2021 at 18:30. Reason: SMS lingo
MaG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 06:45   #1256
BHPian

Something bad happened last evening! I was waiting under a bridge to take a right turn and heard a loud explosion kind of noise. It took some time to realize that it was the noise of my right passenger window glass shattering. Glass fully shattered and pieces fell inside the car when I moved. I could not find any other vehicle near me or any object that could have caused the damaged. The real reason for this still remain a puzzle to me.

As it was puja holiday, none of the SC's were open. Tried connecting with almost all SC's in Chennai to seek help. If this is not getting fixed by this afternoon, it will impact my holiday plans and will end up spending significant money for hiring of cab or self driving vehicle.

Looking forward to see how the part availability and willingness to help from SC play in this situation.

As of now, I have covered it with a plastic material to prevent water from entering but that cannot be a solution if I decide to travel today in it.

Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Request valuable inputs from this forum and suggestions on alternate options if the part not available in TASC.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car-glass-1.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car-glass-2.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car-glass-3.jpg  

Turbo_head is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 13:51   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hi All,

I own a May'21 manufactured XZA. My car is 7200 kms driven till date. While closely inspecting yesterday, I noticed rusting near the bolt of the tail gate. It has left me disturbed. I've officially complained to Tata Motors immediately today morning and now awaiting their response. I live in Pune where the climate is certainly not conducive to rusting so quickly.

Anybody else on the forum who faced this? Do let me know how did you take it ahead with Tata Motors.

Cheers
Hi MaG,

After seeing your post, I checked out my Harrier and guess what - rust spots at the same location. This seems like a manufacturing issue. The body has been painted with the bolt/washer on. The unpainted part is where the rust has begun.

This is the reason why I do not recommend Harrier to any one. I like the car but these are issues that you should never come across in a car, more so for a car that is 7 months old.

I've written an email to the customer care team of Tata. There is no point in getting worried for this - I had mentally prepared myself before plonking money on the Harrier. Will get this taken care of during the 1st year service, enjoy this car for the next few years and never buy a Tata again
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20211019_090627.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20211019_090644.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 11:38   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
I just took some random pictures of underbody of my Harrier and found such pipes.

Can forum members please help me understand what these pipes are about ?
These are fuel and DEF pipes.

Quote:
Got first service of my Harrier today. DEF was replenished in the car. After replenishment car went for alignment and I managed to click this underbody picture.

Does the white color in this pic mean DEF leakage in my Harrier or is this normal ?
Normally, DEF actually leaves this kind of white residual only if dried out. So, at the very first glance, it looks like DEF only. For leakage check if you see this kind of white residual below your DEF tank after you park the vehicle or if you notice significant drop in DEF tank levels.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:01   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hi MaG,

I've written an email to the customer care team of Tata. There is no point in getting worried for this - I had mentally prepared myself before plonking money on the Harrier. Will get this taken care of during the 1st year service, enjoy this car for the next few years and never buy a Tata again
A quick update on this. Wrote an email to Tata Motors customer service yesterday. It was shared to the Bangalore regional TaMo office and the manager for Customer Care got in touch with me.

Then the GM - service from the Mangalore dealership called, took ownership of the issue and asked me to get the car to them anytime for a fix.

Pleasantly surprised at the speed of resolution, I thought Tata was
The Riddler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 19:19   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
I could not find any other vehicle near me or any object that could have caused the damaged. The real reason for this still remain a puzzle to me.
Strange, only thing I see out of the ordinary is that your rear-right seatbelt is lying loose. Shouldn't it be completely retracted if not in use ?
Did you try to buckle something with it(like that bag lying on the seat) ?
If yes then maybe the buckle wasn't done properly or the mechanism failed and sent the metal clip flying outwards and into the RR glass which will shatter by design and with a point impact like that.

This is just a wild guess and the only thing I could come up with looking at the pics and excluding Foreign Object Damage.

Name:  hr_rr.png
Views: 1822
Size:  780.7 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks