Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 18:35   #1216
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Hello Team,

I'm looking for the specifications of the stock fog lamp bulb. I find the throw to be inadequate.

What are my options? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 28th August 2021, 11:54   #1217
BHPian

Where are the Gurgaon folks getting their harrier serviced from?

There is AUTO deck and Triumph auto that I can find in the service network booklet. Would appreciate any feedback on your experience on either of them. Is there a particular service advisor that I should request for.
Old 28th August 2021, 23:07   #1218
BHPian

Hello Forum,

Did PDI of my Harrier today. As per VIN it is August 2021 manufactured. And the car is unloaded 24 hours back due for delivery tomorrow. I find inconsistent panel gaps and rear bumper right side and c pillar lower panel not in line. Same side door gap looks little wider. Further on the inner side of bonnet at edge dried paint drop is present. Car looks good otherwise. Any thoughts of forum members please on all this. Is this normal for a Tata or is something not right ?

Checked the paint and overall body for any damage could not find one.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th August 2021 at 07:27. Reason: Punctuation mark space. Thanks.
steadfast is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 14:40   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Hello Forum,

Did PDI of my Harrier today. As per VIN it is August 2021 manufactured. And the car is unloaded 24 hours back due for delivery tomorrow. I find inconsistent panel gaps and rear bumper right side and c pillar lower panel not in line. Same side door gap looks little wider. Further on the inner side of bonnet at edge dried paint drop is present. Car looks good otherwise. Any thoughts of forum members please on all this. Is this normal for a Tata or is something not right ?

Checked the paint and overall body for any damage could not find one.
Hello Steadfast,

Could you share some pictures please, if you have them?

I have a March 2021 manufactured Harrier. During PDI, I did notice not so great finishing near the boot and body welds. I haven't found any inconsistent panel gaps as such. The dried paint drop at bonnet edge is present in my Harrier too Noticed this yesterday while detailing the engine bay. I will get this fixed during my upcoming 6month/2nd service.

Dried paint drop can be fixed and this looks like a paintbooth/QC issue- which is disappointing.

If you are not satisfied with the vehicle, I would advise you to wait for another car and not accept this delivery. If you are confident in the SC's bodyshop to fix this, you may go ahead.
Old 29th August 2021, 16:25   #1220
BHPian

Did a 4347 kms - 14 days round trip to Mumbai and back on my colleague's Harrier Dark Edition XZA. I was so excited as I have never driven a Harrier-sized SUV on highways for long-distance and that too an automatic. We use to do frequent Trivandrum > Bangalore drives on pre covid times mostly on Scross 1.3 or Ecosport (We have a few Scross and Ecosport in the close circle) and have done few drives to Mumbai 3-4 years back. The route for the trio was Trivandrum > Madurai > Bangalore > Kolhapur > Pune > Navi Mumbai > Lonavala > Mahabaleshwar > Navi Mumbai > Pune > Kolhapur > Bangalore > Madurai > Trivandrum.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-1.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-2.jpg

The last time I had a road trip was almost a year back when I went to Hampi and was itching badly to hit the road, then came the need for this trip. The initial plan was a workation, where we have to carry one material from Trivandrum to Navi Mumbai, perform the installation and take a break in Goa and return. The Trivandrum > Mumbai leg went well, but after the installation, there was some continuous monitoring required. So we moved to Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar but had to travel back to Mumbai. This took away our time and we returned to*Trivandrum from there.

The Harrier was just 6 months old had done 14k kms already. A special mention to the owner who takes immense care of the Harrier even after clocking so many kms in such a short time. There was no single rattle or squeaks and the only issue he had faced till date is one power window not working and ICE freezing in times. My initial excitement turned into an extremely delightful experience. In fact, with the comfort and convenience on offer my mind was so inclined that my next purchase should be of this size + automatic (Read Safari or XUV700) The car was super comfy and we were munching miles like no one's business even with the car fully loaded with 4 adults and the boot was completely loaded with luggage.

> The engine gearbox combo was excellent. Power was always available on tap. Engine was much relaxed even when we were cruising at 120-140 all day long.
> Auto box ensured that the car is in the right gear all the time, we were never left wanting for downshifts.
> I tried using manual mode for a while in between but was best to leave in auto.
> We drove on city mode most of the time. Sports mode felt better with traffic where we need a better response from the engine. Sports mode on open highway was like unwanted revving.
> Tried rough road mode and hill descent with some mild off-roading at Lonavala. Wet mode added confidence on rain-soaked Mumbai - Pune express highway.
> Harrier had its 15k service 2 days before the trip and came with DEF level at 3/4. On our return leg, we got a low DEF warning at around 18300 kms and topped it up from TAS, Salem.
> Space was good enough for all 4 of us. The seats were superb with good under-thigh support.
> One among us was 6.2 feet tall, his legs kept hitting the central console on both the driver and passenger seats. He had a hard time figuring an ideal driving position.
> The steering felt a bit over-sensitive for speeds above 120, but we got used to it in a couple of hours.
> Auto headlamps and wipers worked like a charm, were much needed for the climate we were travelling.
> The headlight light was HID, but the performance was pathetic even combined with foglamps. Our drives were limited to 9 pm most of the days, so wasn't much of a concern, but warrants an upgrade.
> Climate was cloudy/rainy most of the time, AC was excellent as desired.
> FE for the trip was ~10kmpl but was good considering 100% on AC, the load, the way it was driven and was left on idle for 6+ hours.
> ICE seems to work better with iPhones. We tried android auto and wasn't working. The music quality also felt better when played from iPhone.

Overall had a really good experience with the Harrier.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-4.jpg
After the first leg to Mumbai

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-3.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-5.jpg
Somewhere in Lonavala

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-6.jpg
Last few hundred kms to home
northstar* is online now   (38) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 19:36   #1221
BHPian

I completed 10000kms on the odometre and 9 months of ownership. I had written a relatively lengthy piece after completing 4000kms and the review was rather positive in almost every aspect of the ownership experience. That impression continues to be the same. In this forum where there is so much discussions on niggles and lack of reliability, but my experience has been very positive: never had a niggle, glitch or any issue so far. Even the entertainment unit behaved well so far. I have driven the car in city, small town and 3-4 long trips covering 1500kms and the car behaved absolutely well. Yes, I have my own share of complaints with respect to lack of fit and finish and there are several areas that TATA could have definitely improved upon. But have not come across any serious issue as such till date. It drives like a charm on the highways and not that difficult to negotiate in the city despite its size. My wife regularly takes it to her office which is 20kms away and is not very keen to have a smaller vehicle as she really enjoys the driving experience and seating position of the Harrier.
rsanthosh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 12:27   #1222
BHPian

High Beam throw in Harrier is just outright pathetic. Any recommendation from fellow Bhpians on the High Beam and fog lights upgrade. Thinking of opting for LED's for High beams since HID takes its own sweet time in warming up and this can be an issue while using dipper.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 01:29   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone share where is the vent system of headlight [second bullet point] and how do we prevent pressure wash over it to prevent condensation ?
Unfortunately, No update yet from any Harrier owner on my query. Can someone please share what is the vent system of headlight and where is it located [Point 2 below] ?

This snapshot is from Harriers owner manual.
Attached Images

Last edited by steadfast : 6th September 2021 at 01:30.
Old 6th September 2021, 04:50   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, No update yet from any Harrier owner on my query. Can someone please share what is the vent system of headlight and where is it located
From what I know in general, these vents are located at the back of the headlamp to allow ventilation. The front (glass side) of the headlamps are sealed properly to avoid dust going in and spoiling the headlamps, aesthetically as well as function wise.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 07:36   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
High Beam throw in Harrier is just outright pathetic. Any recommendation from fellow Bhpians on the High Beam and fog lights upgrade. Thinking of opting for LED's for High beams since HID takes its own sweet time in warming up and this can be an issue while using dipper.
Thinking of buying this, . One owner from Harrier group bought this, so waiting for the review

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-photo_20210902_180529.jpg
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:41   #1226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Thinking of buying this, . One owner from Harrier group bought this, so waiting for the review
Easy way to identify good quality LED lamps meant for replacing halogens - look at the thickness of the 'platform' on which two LED chips are mounted on each side. The thicker it is, the further away from the ideal focal point, the light source is going to be (the halogen filament sits bang at the focal point(s) of the parabolic reflector, like a line-source of light) - so what you will get is a massive quantity of light, but that which doesn't get focussed correctly into the distance. It will be like a white-waterfall (say 100 units) of light 10 feet away from the car, and almost nothing (say 10 units) , 50 feet away. On the contrary, the halogen source will give you not as much light (say 50 units) 10 feet away, but will have reasonable light (say 20 units) , 50 feet away.
This is the classic "gaming" of gullible customers by these aftermarket LED manufacturers - irresistible marketing (200%, 500%, 800% extra light etc) but not revealing any scientific lux (luminous flux per unit area) values at a prescribed distance away from the source.
Check out the more established LED healight brands like GTR/Morimoto and see for yourself how thin that 'base platform' for mounting LED chips, is. Those ones are the actually useful ones. The other cheaper chinese avatars of LED headlamps produce a huge amount of light in the near field of vision and don't light up the far field of vision enough.
Plus, 6500K, which is like all-show, no-go kind of lighting solution ; try sourcing atleast 5000K or below, light will penetrate further.
venkyhere is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:39   #1227
BHPian

Will it help using Osram nighbreaker or philips extreme vision for a better high beam?
Old 8th September 2021, 14:53   #1228
BHPian

I have a 2021 May manufactured XT+. Recently noticed that there is a slight amount of steering vibration between 105-120 kmp. Below and above it feels normal. The said vibration only felt when steering is held very lightly, with one hand without holding tight. With both hands on wheel, it's barely perceivable. Checked this on a long highway drive, behaviour is consistent.

Haven't noticed this till i got alignment done at 5k, could be due to the fact that the only long long run till then was in running in period and did not attempt much 100+. Major reason for alignment was left pull, which is still present though slightly less in nature. Alignment was performed outside, not at the ASC.

Second service is scheduled this weekend, wondering should i report the above behaviour at ASC and demand a solution (don't want to get it worsen though). Anyone else noticed something similar ?

Last edited by maddyg : 8th September 2021 at 15:12.
Old 11th September 2021, 01:42   #1229
BHPian

I think the one thing that Tata should have included in the update is a modern electronic steering which would be light and easy to manage in city and weighs up well at highway speeds. That would have made it more city friendly and good for people who are considering just one car for city & highway use both.

That said, even though have seen it in all reviews that it’s a bit heavy since it’s a cost cutting hydraulic steering, how does it actually feel at city speeds? Is it really cumbersome in bumper to bumper and at parking speeds?
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 10:19   #1230
BHPian

Is the Tata #Dark merchandise only available for new owners of the dark edition, or also for existing owners having a dark edition?
Does anybody here know?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks