Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 09:01   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

I logged into the website, and for the call back function an OTP is required. Which never came. On ground - TD cars are not available, offline - the website doesn't work. How do they sell Harrier, I wonder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A detailed look at the new XT+ Dark Edition of the Tata Harrier
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screen-shot-20201007-8.57.12-am.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:17   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I logged into the website, and for the call back function an OTP is required. Which never came. On ground - TD cars are not available, offline - the website doesn't work. How do they sell Harrier, I wonder?
Writing to customercare@tatamotors.com helped me get a TD because initially the dealer was very casual in responding/arranging a TD. Post that, I have not faced any issues with the dealer so far.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:23   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsanthosh View Post
I am also on the same boat in Chennai. Checked with Taffe, Gurudev and Lakshmi and all of them were eager to send a TD to home. Gurudev SA appeared bit unprofessional than others, but they were all keen to pursues with follow up calls. But the price they quoted for my Ecosport was much lower than what I expected. So I just postponed my purchase by a month or so.
Happy to hear that now the TATA dealership is improving in their services. With this hope, I am also planning to buy a TATA car (Harrier).

Within city limits, all dealerships would be comfortable in sending vehicles for TD. However, due to long-distance (~ 50km to 60 km) in my case, only dealership really interested in selling their products will make an effort (Real testing of a Person or team is when they are put in the most difficult situation ).

Last edited by KSingh : 7th October 2020 at 11:40.
KSingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 11:34   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Same thing I also experienced with the TATA’s official website . I received OTP when I tried in the day time (during working hours). In the meantime, I directly called the dealers available in my city.
You may also attempt to call the dealers directly (Hope that Bangalore may have better customer service oriented dealers).
Old 8th October 2020, 08:50   #275
BHPian

Saw this cryptic message on Harrier's instagram handle as a response to someone's query regarding the launch of petrol variant
"While we cannot disclose information on future products, we would like to assure you that we are working on a host of exciting technologies that will surprise you"

Wonder what this could mean!
Old 8th October 2020, 11:24   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
"we would like to assure you that we are working on a host of exciting technologies that will surprise you"[/i]
Let's hope it's a pair of quality control equipment for the quality control guys so they know what they are doing.
omranga98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 14:52   #277

Quote:
Saw this cryptic message on Harrier's instagram handle as a response to someone's query regarding the launch of petrol variant
"While we cannot disclose information on future products, we would like to assure you that we are working on a host of exciting technologies that will surprise you"

This could be the new connected car feature that ram87pune talked about.
Old 8th October 2020, 18:57   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post

Heard a sound every time whenever pressing brake pedal lightly.
I am facing similar issue and when I took my car for the first service the Advisor said the brakes are fine and wasn't sure what the sound is about. The sound is more prevalent when on incline or decline.

Anyone else facing similar issue?
Old 8th October 2020, 19:11   #279
BHPian

Quote:

Interestingly, they have now deleted this comment. Looks like they have finally hired an intern to keep track of all discussions on the TBHP forum
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 19:54   #280
BHPian

Better late than never. Significantly improved over the 2019 Harrier.

But I'm reminded of what GTO says about waiting to buy V2 of the Tata and Mahindra . The beta testers will feel left out amd I can empathise as a beta tester of Storme myself .

Some maker should seriously go out on a limb and plonk an AWD AT combo at least as a special edition . Nothing except the Thar 2020 has that option south of 20 lakhs.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 21:00   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrarcool View Post
I am facing similar issue and when I took my car for the first service the Advisor said the brakes are fine and wasn't sure what the sound is about. The sound is more prevalent when on incline or decline.

The nature of sound which I observed while TD was most probably related to disc brakes only.

Subsequently, discussed this issue with Harrier owners and one of my friend observed it in his vehicle and told that it is due to the uneven surface of brake discs supplied by OEM.

Hence, as per service centre problem doesn't exist and you may not have any concurrent solution from them.
Old 8th October 2020, 22:29   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrarcool View Post

Same here . Me too facing the sound.

Along with drifting towards left side even after wheel alignment from Tata ASS . Taking the car to service centre tomorrow

Last edited by greyhound82 : 8th October 2020 at 22:31.
Old 9th October 2020, 10:58   #283
BHPian

Some really rough driving in this review. If anyone knows where this was shot, try checking this car at the local dealership of SRT Tata. There is a sticker of this dealer on the rear window.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_202010072003002.png  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_202010072004322.png  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_202010072006002.png  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_202010072001422.png  

Last edited by damodar : 9th October 2020 at 11:13.
damodar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:26   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Some really rough driving in this review. If anyone knows where this was shot, try checking this car at the local dealership of SRT Tata. There is a sticker of this dealer on the rear window.
https://Youtu.be/or14c1aVuJk
This may be from SRT Tata Coimbatore (TN 37). This dealer was in news for providing dealer level customization on previous gen TATA Harrier.

Any BHPian from Coimbatore may get the feedback post this real rough testing (especially front suspension).

Last edited by KSingh : 9th October 2020 at 12:51.
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:36   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnishanth View Post
Great! Which Showroom in Bangalore did you visit? I recently got delivery from Prerna Motors, happy to help if you need any inputs.
Which variant are you zeroing in on?
Could you please share the name of the SA from Prerna and also the name of the outlet. Also, were there any discounts offered? I am currently negotiating with my dealer for XZA+ variant but want to check if a better offer can be availed by shopping around (as recommended by the forum's guide on buying a new car )
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks