Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2023, 14:37   #1936
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaj View Post
After these two changes, haven't faced any issues or warning lights. You may give a try.
The dashcam one is interesting. I have a dashcam but it is connected to the front USB socket. I do have a TPMS connected to the 12V socket under the armrest.

Will wait for what the service center says and fiddle with this if necessary. Thanks for the tips!
elroydsilva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 07:09   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I also heard from another fellow Harrier owner that the door rattling noise and wind noise at highway speeds are known issues! He has a 2020 Harrier and is part of a Harrier & Safari Owner's group
My harrier has zero rattles. Usually what rattles are bottles or the car key itself when paced on center console. My harrier has way better insulation and mhv compared to m Honda city.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 13:58   #1938
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
My harrier has zero rattles. Usually what rattles are bottles or the car key itself when paced on center console. My harrier has way better insulation and mhv compared to m Honda city.
I guess you haven't seen my service update then - it's here. (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)

The rattling sound was prominent from both front doors and it was fixed by the techs during the first service by "adjusting" the rubber beadings in each door (I wasn't around so don't know exactly what they did). Good news though is that the issue is fixed.
Old 21st August 2023, 11:32   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroydsilva View Post
Completed one year of ownership in July. The third service was done without much fuss, but before I could pen down an ownership review after 15k kms, an interesting issue showed up.
Got the issue fixed last week at Kropex Service, Koramangala. Obviously, this wasn't a rat issue. SA told me that the rear ABS sensor fell apart and he got it replaced under warranty.

For the Drive mode and hill descent malfunction warnings, however, he said that they had to perform DPF regen and this happens when the fuel is adulterated. No way to verify though.

The overall service experience was decent. The car completed 15000 km on the drive back from the service center. I need to reset that clock!

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-fixed.png

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-bill.png
Old 27th August 2023, 19:15   #1940

Hi All,

This is my first post on team-bhp. After years of being an avid reader, I recently upgraded to a member after purchase of my Tata Harrier XZA+(O) Dark Edition on 15th August 23.

I am looking forward to contribute the forum as and when possible.

I am observing an error as per Tata iRA app. It shows - 'Battery connection error observed. Please check battery terminals or Contact nearest Tata Service centre.'

I am not facing any issue with driving my car and only concerned because the app is showing above error.

Any information of what this error means and what needs to be done will be useful?
mario_bros is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 11:31   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_bros View Post

I am observing an error as per Tata iRA app. It shows - 'Battery connection error observed. Please check battery terminals or Contact nearest Tata Service centre.'
?
This seems to be a common or a standard error for almost all cars with IRA. I have the same error, never checked on it and even after the first service, that one remains as is.
Old 28th August 2023, 11:38   #1942

Hello, I used to get the same issue initially. But I observed it came mostly due to the application of PPF coating process. The person who was applying it used to disconnect the batteries to avoid the battery drain due to doors being kept open for a long time. As per their experience if the doors are kept open too long it drains the battery.

But after that, I never got that error in the IRA app anymore.

Mod Note: Please proof read the post for spelling, grammar and punctuation before posting

Last edited by graaja : 28th August 2023 at 11:47. Reason: Please proof read the post for spelling, grammar and punctuation before posting
awesomeRide is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2023, 19:20   #1943
BHPian

My Harrier XZA+ completed 36000 ~ kms.

Issues to report: 0. Honestly, I'm surprised. Other than the regular service i.e twice a year, never had to visit TASS for anything.

Mangalore has now got a 2nd TASS. Took my Harrier to Cauvery Motors for the 1st time. Service experience seems to be better than Automatrix (though I never really had issues with them). Attaching a couple of pictures of my steed.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20230702_122357.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20230620_114334.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 15:12   #1944
BHPian

So I received this from the sales rep today. Tata seems to be providing a provision to get LED headlights from their authorised service centres.

Right from the get go they could have provided a better lighting setup. I mean from the comparison shown in the image itself once can see that led light is being depicted as superior to stock halogen lamps. XUV 700 and Hector are also providing LED setup in their higher variants.

Aftermarket headlamps seems to be the most common modification done in Harrier and Safari.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-d29462915c5a4b18a73c0bba7a2ade17.jpeg  

Last edited by BleueNinja : 30th August 2023 at 15:14.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 19:01   #1945
BHPian

This seems to be a good move on the headlights. I might get it done if it's done from the showroom. It's been 2 years for me with my Harrier. Apart from the initial niggles, on day 3, the door handle where the driver door latch mechanism stopped working. The car could be opened even when it was locked. They replaced it under warranty. With Tata, what I have learnt is Don't touch any part it if it ain't broke".

Not that I want to do it but, I was wondering since Tata keeps on adding additional features every few months. Do they actually change the entire internal wiring to accommodate that? E.g., the Newer model of Harrier comes with a Passenger side seat height adjustable. Is it just a simple swap. ?.The Blind Spot Warning Mirrors or changing the Reverse Camera.

Last edited by shashi792 : 30th August 2023 at 19:02.
Old 31st August 2023, 20:37   #1946
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Need some advise.

My brother is facing Bluetooth connectivity issues in his Harrier.

His phone Samsung fold doesn’t connect with the ICE’s Bluetooth and Service Center has quoted an estimate of 5k- 15k depending upon inspection.

The car is out of warranty now by 6 months.

Following troubleshooting has already been performed to no avail.
- Software updates (multiple times)
- Infotainment Factory reset done multiple times. Sometimes, the phone connects after multiple attempts (1:10), but that depends on luck.
- same issue persists with other phones as well.
- No other issue with the ICE.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 31st August 2023 at 20:38. Reason: Spelling
Old 1st September 2023, 16:37   #1947
BHPian

For Harrier and Safari, if the battery is disconnected this error starts showing up. It will go only after the laptop is connected and all codes are cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_bros View Post
Hi All,

This is my first post on team-bhp. After years of being an avid reader, I recently upgraded to a member after purchase of my Tata Harrier XZA+(O) Dark Edition on 15th August 23.

I am not facing any issue with driving my car and only concerned because the app is showing above error.

Any information of what this error means and what needs to be done will be useful?
Did you try another phone? Makes me feel more of a phone issue than the ICE. Try upgrading Android Auto in your phone to 10.3 and see. Reset Bluetooth as well in the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Need some advise.

My brother is facing Bluetooth connectivity issues in his Harrier.

His phone Samsung fold doesn’t connect with the ICE’s Bluetooth and Service Center has quoted an estimate of 5k- 15k depending upon inspection.

The car is out of warranty now by 6 months.

Following troubleshooting has already been performed to no avail.
- Software updates (multiple times)
- Infotainment Factory reset done multiple times. Sometimes, the phone connects after multiple attempts (1:10), but that depends on luck.
- same issue persists with other phones as well.
- No other issue with the ICE.

Looking forward to your inputs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th September 2023 at 13:17. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2023, 16:43   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Did you try another phone? Makes me feel more of a phone issue than the ICE. Try upgrading Android Auto in your phone to 10.3 and see. Reset Bluetooth as well in the phone.
Yes, as mentioned in my post, these are already been done without positive outcome.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th September 2023 at 13:16. Reason: quoted post edited.
Old 4th September 2023, 12:12   #1949

Hello Everyone,

I have booked Harrier XZA+ variant and if everything goes as promised by the SA, I would be driving my first automatic from the showroom between 15-20 September.

Would be great if you could give your feedback/suggestions in the following,

1. My plan is to go for the following accessories/services from showroom itself,
- Mudflaps
- Door visors
- Harrier Mascot
- Scuff plates
- Underbody anti rust coating
- Teflon coating (I don't have the budget for PPF or Ceramic coating)

2. Floor Mats: I'm fully confused with the floor mats. I have 7D mats in my SCross but planning to go for 3D mats (Pharaoh 3D mats is what I have zeroed in for now). In SCross, I had issues like I couldn't fully press the clutch and accelerator as the mats were not put back correctly by the car wash center. And somehow I'm not happy about those clips which are used to hold the mats in place. Any suggestions here? There is a dedicated thread on floor mats, but I looking for feedbacks from someone using Harrier.

3. Viofo dual channel Dashcam:: Its already installed (hardwired) in my SCross now and plan to move it to Harrier (its hardly 4 months old). Battery was fully drained in SCross last month and I seriously doubt the hardwired connection, so I would prefer connecting it to USB.

4. Tyres: Checked with a dealer nearby and he suggested Michelin Primacy SUV+ (considering City + Highways drives being in focus). But the possible buyback price he offered (2k-3k) makes me think again whether I should stay with the stock tyres until it wears off or pay ~14.6k/tyre (without considering buyback price).

5. From Amazon/Retailers
- Parcel tray
- Mat for boot

Thanks in advance
Old 4th September 2023, 13:59   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr_b500 View Post
Hello Everyone,

1. My plan is to go for the following accessories/services from showroom itself,
- Mudflaps
- Door visors
- Harrier Mascot
- Scuff plates
- Underbody anti rust coating
- Teflon coating (I don't have the budget for PPF or Ceramic coating)

Thanks in advance
Congratulations for getting the beast soon!!

- Mudflaps -- Go for it
- Door visors -- Expensive and the quality is not great if opting for TATA accessories. You will find better options outside at 1/4th price.
- Harrier Mascot -- Go for it
- Scuff plates -- I never opted, so can't comment on the TATA Genuine Accessories one.
- Underbody anti-rust coating - Harrier underbody already has a rubberized coating, if you want to go for it then get it done at a reputed place like 3M.
- Teflon coating -- is a gimmick (read scam). Better give your car a good wash along with polishing every six months.
- Floor Mats -- I went for 7D mats, must say they just look good but not holding up well. Better go with the GFX mats, didn't see anything better than that.
- Tyres -- I got Apollo Apterra, they are not great but not bad either. I prefer to stay with stock until and unless they are too bad. Highly depends on what you get at the time of delivery.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks