Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 12:15   #1861
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneagl09 View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. I wonder if the 4094 km is 4094km on top of current (I'm safe) or 4094 km in total (I'm at 4021 km odo - I'm dead). I know it's supposed to be former, but I'm not sure how good in grammar these guys are!
I believe you would have drive at least a little after that. And may be have got your answer / or even, problem resolved by now.

If that reading keeps reducing, then you will have an answer too - and you can drive that much more distance to drive.

From the little I understand, once the "problem" crosses the threshold, your Harrier will go into limp mode with low power and you wont be able to drive normally. If you still are able to drive normally, you can reach home and then the service centre.

Btw, what's the level of these liquids ?
Old 26th June 2023, 12:45   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I believe you would have drive at least a little after that. And may be have got your answer / or even, problem resolved by now.

If that reading keeps reducing, then you will have an answer too - and you can drive that much more distance to drive.

From the little I understand, once the "problem" crosses the threshold, your Harrier will go into limp mode with low power and you wont be able to drive normally. If you still are able to drive normally, you can reach home and then the service centre.

Btw, what's the level of these liquids ?

The problem is solved. I've no idea what went wrong, and what happened to correct it. I think it was a glitch that corrected itself.
Anyway, there was no countdown, just a single notification that disappeared. I could not access that info from anywhere.
DEF levels were around 60%.
I've driven around 600km since with no errors popping up.
loneagl09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:55   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is there a lock/unlock button for doors from inside? I am referring to 2013 XZA+. Say, I have stopped the car and the passengers need to exit, I am unable to find the unlock button the door pad. Wondering if I missed something, tried reading through the manual, but can't seem to find one.
Thats one thing missing in the Harrier. You have to unlock the driver's door lock(the little lever) to unlock all doors(including the fuel tank lid). There is no dedicated "unlock all doors" button the doorpad like many other cars. I was disappointed too with that !
Dinesh Chengalp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 16:35   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh Chengalp View Post
Thats one thing missing in the Harrier. You have to unlock the driver's door lock(the little lever) to unlock all doors(including the fuel tank lid). There is no dedicated "unlock all doors" button the doorpad like many other cars. I was disappointed too with that !

But, one thing I liked is that the door unlock and door open levers are different and I find it very useful with an infant on board. Lots of times I've had issues with my older vehicle where the door open lever and unlock levers were one and the same.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 21:39   #1865
Senior - BHPian

2 issues with my new car. There is a rattling side on the Right side driver door. I am not able to pin point where the sound is coming from, but it is very prominent when the car moves side ways, either on a speed breaker or on bad roads in low speed. No sound when the car is at high speed or on smooth roads. The other one is wind noise, again from the driver side door when the speed crosses 50+kmph. Any idea where to start with trouble shooting? The 1st service is still a month away and I don't want to go the the TASS for this before the service becomes due.
Old 29th June 2023, 08:50   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
2 issues with my new car. There is a rattling side on the Right side driver door. I am not able to pin point where the sound is coming from, but it is very prominent when the car moves side ways, either on a speed breaker or on bad roads in low speed. No sound when the car is at high speed or on smooth roads. The other one is wind noise, again from the driver side door when the speed crosses 50+kmph. Any idea where to start with trouble shooting? The 1st service is still a month away and I don't want to go the the TASS for this before the service becomes due.
I've had only the first issue, also on the right driver door. The TASS fixed some beading and that was it. Or you can get a silicon spray off of Amazon. They solves the issue too.
loneagl09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 11:10   #1867

Hey Guys,

I was wondering for Harrier the 12V Air Inflators are good enough . I read for larger SUV 12V is not sufficient and over heating issues etc .

Has anybody any experience in using inflators on Harrier any good recommendations ?
Old 29th June 2023, 11:50   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Hey Guys,

I was wondering for Harrier the 12V Air Inflators are good enough . I read for larger SUV 12V is not sufficient and over heating issues etc .

Has anybody any experience in using inflators on Harrier any good recommendations ?
I have used this one for just top ups and haven't found any issues so far. No idea about the 12V one's though. Interested in thoughts from people on both these products, especially from the performance when filling from a flat tyre.

https://www.amazon.in/Portronics-Vay...s%2C242&sr=8-5
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 12:04   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
...I was wondering for Harrier the 12V Air Inflators are good enough . I read for larger SUV 12V is not sufficient and over heating issues etc....
I have the Windtek 12 V portable charger purchased on 2016 and going strong. Almost exclusively top-up for my Duster AWD earlier and now Harrier - I avoid filling outside e.g. pumps or tyre shops, unless of course punctures. I have never used the portable pump Tata provided with Harrier.

My experience:

Top-ups - this is what the portable excels at, so going from 27 or 29 to 33-35 psi for all 4 tyres takes couple of mins each.

Puncture fill - a puncture can drop pressure to 12 or 14 psi, in which case it takes 4-7 mins to bring it up to 29-30 psi so that I can drive down to the local puncture shop.

In all cases the portable heats up a lot and creates a big racket - enough for me to avoid using it at night or afternoons in my society parking.

What you cannot trust it to do is - fill from empty e.g. new tyre. The above will be true for most 12V portable pumps available in the market today.

Last edited by subuiyer : 29th June 2023 at 12:05.
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 16:43   #1870
BHPian

SUGGESTIONS FOR HARRIER TYRES

Hello Team-BHPians,

I require some suggestions for the tyres of my Harrier.
Currently, it’s running on stock Bridgestone Ecopias 235/60/R18 103V.

Recently I visited some parts of rural India, and at the time it was raining cats & dogs, what happened was as there was no proper road available I had to go through these wet patches of land which had soft mud throughout. I was sceptical if the Harrier would make it through the uneven ‘kacha’ route, entered the soft patch and all of a sudden the car started sliding here and there, luckily either side of the road was not steep and hence wasn’t very dangerous at least this time round, it was like it was on a multidirectional slide (off-roading enthusiast must be knowing the technical term for this if there’s any), even tried to manoeuvre through the route by firmly holding the steering wheel pointing towards the direction of the route but didn’t feel like the car was in my control. This repeatedly happened further on the entire patch until it was over. Even tried changing traction modes to Wet and Rough Road but didn’t help much. Upon checking the tyres they were coated with wet mud.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-harrier-premud.jpg

Honestly, I was disappointed and expected the Harrier to hold itself better. Now I do understand that FWDs have their limitations but they should stay composed in such scenarios (at least not slide everywhere!). It felt like rally racing through mud except the car was just going through and I didn’t have much control over it.

What I want to understand is why this scenario has happened, I mean yes it’s because of the wet mud but what about the technical aspect and how can I overcome this? Should I go with All Terrain Tyres or something of that sort? Also if this is related to the tyres I'd prefer low road noise and great grip ones.

I mostly drive on concrete highways up to 125km per day 3-4 times a week and sometimes head onto rural patches like these whose frequency would only increase in the coming months.

Any feedback and suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Looking forward to learning more, always.

Cheers,
Bil.007
Old 30th June 2023, 16:50   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
SUGGESTIONS FOR HARRIER TYRES
How many kms have the existing tyres run? This is surely concerning and hopefully due to a tyre at the end of its life and not necessarily the limitations of the vehicle itself.
Old 30th June 2023, 16:54   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
How many kms have the existing tyres run? This is surely concerning and hopefully due to a tyre at the end of its life and not necessarily the limitations of the vehicle itself.
Apparently, they have done about 11,300km only!
Which makes it all the more concerning.
I'll have to check the MFG date on the tyres, although bought the car in May 2022.

Last edited by bil.007 : 30th June 2023 at 16:56. Reason: adding more info.
Old 30th June 2023, 18:07   #1873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
This repeatedly happened further on the entire patch until it was over. Even tried changing traction modes to Wet and Rough Road but didn’t help much. Upon checking the tyres they were coated with wet mud.
From my experience with Safari , in such cases especially if you are trying to climb up slippery slopes, use sports mode, not the traction control modes because that would cut the power when you need it, its not a BLD like active traction aid.

Edit -Once you wear out this set use a pattern similar to Yokohama Geolandar, it should have 5 grooves. Such HT tyres can manage slush to an extend but Mud is something that even AT tyres will struggle.

Last edited by Kosfactor : 30th June 2023 at 18:12.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 06:09   #1874
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I purchased the Extended warranty with unlimited km for my Harrier XZA+ #Dark edition yesterday (I was told price will go up beyond 30 days from purchase). It cost Rupees 30k and this will give some more peace of mind.

Any suggestions on the AMC package? The one dealer has mentioned in price list is Gold AMC 30000km/2 years for Rs.39,995.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd July 2023 at 06:13.
Old 2nd July 2023, 07:50   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any suggestions on the AMC package? The one dealer has mentioned in price list is Gold AMC 30000km/2 years for Rs.39,995.
You can go for it. I think it will cover your services - including oils.

Btw, what is the service interval ? Approx cost of each service x number of services => can give idea of cost benefit of going for the AMC
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks