Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 21:39   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I did a PDI of the Tata Harrier today and found something surprising - all tyres are Apollo Apterra 235/60/R18, however only 3 of them have the manufacturing week mentioned as "1923" (which tallies with Manufacturing month and year of the car based on VIN decoding). The driver side tyre does not have the manufacturing week printed.
Could that tyre have been fixed inside out (if so, do tyres have all markings on the inner side as well) ?
It’s common, even in my safari couple of tires have the manufacturing months inside. Mine came with Bridgestone ecopia and they are bidirectional tires, so it doesn’t matter. I believe even the Apterras are bi directional, if yes nothing to worry about.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 21:59   #1817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could that tyre have been fixed inside out (if so, do tyres have all markings on the inner side as well) ?
Only asymmetric /uni-directional tyres require to be mounted in specific way - and these tyres will have the word Outside on the side-wall. Stock tyres for regular cars are not uni-directional, and hence what you said is possible. No worries on this. In case you really want to know the manufacture date - you can check it whenever it is hoisted up.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:12   #1818
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for a good (preferably light) car cover for the Harrier ? I heard that the Tata branded ones are good. A DBHPian friend recommended a brand called TPH, and also mentioned they're expensive and heavy!

We have a covered car porch but prone to dust accumulation especially if parked for 3-4 days at a stretch and the Black colour is a dirt & dust magnet!

Also, does the Tata branded/sold official accesories by dealers include a 3D boot mat and does it have a good, snug fit? 3D mats without a perfect fit would look very odd.

Last edited by NPV : 6th June 2023 at 09:16.
Old 6th June 2023, 10:22   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
I did a PDI of the Tata Harrier today and found something surprising - all tyres are Apollo Apterra 235/60/R18, however only 3 of them have the manufacturing week mentioned as "1923" (which tallies with Manufacturing month and year of the car based on VIN decoding). The driver side tyre does not have the manufacturing week printed.
How much time did it take from booking to PDI?
Old 6th June 2023, 10:36   #1820
BHPian

So, I just got back from a 4200+ kms trip on my 2022 XTA+ #Dark Edition from Chennai to Gangtok and back, with my family and dog.
This post is just about the Car.

The extended post, with all details including road conditions, things to do stays, breaks/stops en-route shall be posted as a travelogue shortly.

Route :
Chennai - Vizag - Kolkata - Kalimpong - Gangtok - Nathula - Zuluk - Gangtok - Darjeeling - Kolkata - Vizag - Chennai.

Total Fuel Consumed : 340 Ltrs
Total Kms run : 4264 kms
Fuel Consumption for entire Trip : 12.54kmpl (actuals). (13.8kmpl as per MID).
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-final-mid-figures.jpg
Final MID Figures

DEF Consumed : Tank was at 90% full at the start, and at 30% upon completion. So on a 14 Ltr tank, that translates to about 8 Ltrs.
Would attribute the higher consumption to higher revs being maintained in the hills, and also, the poorer combustion due to lack of oxygen there (I guess).
Total Money Spent on Tolls (All via Fastag) for the entire Trip - To and Fro : Rs 6977 (definitely not worth it at all).

All stays booked via AirBnB (since we needed Pet Friendly stay everywhere).

Dates :
19th May 2023 : 0430 hrs : Depart Chennai
19th May 2023 : 1815 hrs : Arrived Vizag
20th May 2023 : Rest Day at Vizag
21st May 2023 : 0500 hrs : Depart Vizag
21st May 2023 : 2200 hrs : Arrive Kolkata
22nd May 2023 : Rest Day at Kolkata
23rd May 2023 : 0530 hrs : Depart Kolkata
23rd May 2023 : 2000 hrs : Arrive Kalimpong
24th May 2023 : At Kalimpong
25th May 2023 : 1200 hrs : Depart Kalimpong
25th May 2023 : 1430 hrs : Arrive Gangtok
25th - 30th May 2023 : At Gangtok
30th May 2023 : 0900 hrs : Depart Gangtok
30th May 2023 : 1400 hrs : Arrive Darjeeling (with Stops)
31st May 2023 : At Darjeeling
1st May 2023 : Depart Darjeeling - Arrive Kolkata
2nd May 2023 : Depart Kolkata - Arrive Vizag
3rd May 2023 : Depart Vizag - Arrive Chennai.

Prior departure got the car's 3rd service done earlier than required at 9000 kms, including oil and filter changes just as a precaution, as we had envisaged that we would be driving the car extensively for long periods, and also, would have to leave the car on with the AC running, whenever we stop enroute at various points for Lunch/Breakfast etc and would have to leave our dog in the car (in the heat) for that period.

We did however take comfort breaks for her and took that opportunity to switch off the engine for ~30mins whenever it was done.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-skye-car-ac-.jpg
Skye in the Car with AC on.

Happy to report that the entire trip, went without even a glitch. The car performed perfectly and as expected. Even at the heights of Nathula and Zuluk (~14000ft) we did not face any problems whatsoever.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-nathula.jpg
At Nathula

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230606-10.20.59.jpg
En-Route to Zuluk, we faced, Zero Visibility.
We couldn't take pics of the absolute Zero, as the concentration was more on keeping the car on the road, and not falling off the cliff side..!!

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230606-10.28.18.jpg
Zuluk Route - Displayed on Android Auto.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230606-10.31.10.jpg
View from Tambi View Point, Couldnt get the whole view due to heavy fog and snowfall. The Adventurous Climb up was totally worth it.

However, the mild drop in power and turbo lag was very apparent. Even the much reported glitches in the Display unit never showed up.

We constantly maintained between 90-120kmph on the highway. I used the Cruise Control quite a lot, while my wife was happy using the accelerator.
AC performed well, and we did not feel the heat even while traversing the hot regions of Orissa, and Mid Andhra.

Bad roads were tackled with aplomb and no rattling to report after completion of the entire drive.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230606-10.21.00.jpg
At RK Beach, Vizag
The bonnet is good enough to hold both of them.
Yes its covered with PPF to protect from Skye's Paws.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-sunset-imagery.jpg
Sunset Imagery

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-come-rain-come-shine..jpg
Come Rain Come Shine

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-end-trip-done-dusted.jpg
End of Trip, Prior the Wash down.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-yeah..-shes-dirty-al-right...jpg
Yeah.. She's Dirty al rite.

Gave the car for a thorough wash down, polishing, and interior cleaning at Carspark OMR, Chennai the next day.

Will take some time to assimilate and collate all the data, photos and videos, which will be posted shortly as a travelogue.
No negatives. Thats the main takeaway and 100% smiles
In fact we've been low on dopamine, since we arrived back in Chennai on the night of 3rd June, and it almost feels like a hangover.
Need to get back on the road again..!!!
CaptBrat1845 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 10:40   #1821

Hello Guys ,

I have a concern on TATA Harrier XZA Plus (o) DARK Edition. I was under assumption that
TPMS is not included in this version. But when i went to the service center for my 1st Servicing they said that it is included and I was surprised. I could not find in the Dashboard panel settings. Then i called up my Dealer advisor from whom i had contacted for the purchase and even he confirmed TPMS is there and told me to check under Trip settings.

So does anyone know of any TPMS setting in this variant of Harrier. The manual i got also does not say anything about it.
Old 6th June 2023, 12:07   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Hello Guys ,

I have a concern on TATA Harrier XZA Plus (o) DARK Edition. I was under assumption that
TPMS is not included in this version. But when i went to the service center for my 1st Servicing they said that it is included and I was surprised. I could not find in the Dashboard panel settings. Then i called up my Dealer advisor from whom i had contacted for the purchase and even he confirmed TPMS is there and told me to check under Trip settings.

So does anyone know of any TPMS setting in this variant of Harrier. The manual i got also does not say anything about it.
The dealer and service center are wrong. None of the Harrier variants get TPMS. Only the Safari gets it.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 15:17   #1823
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
How much time did it take from booking to PDI?
About 3 weeks. Booked in mid May and did the PDI first week of June.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 16:07   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrat1845 View Post
So, I just got back from a 4200+ kms trip on my 2022 XTA+ #Dark Edition from Chennai to Gangtok and back, with my family and dog.
Confidence boosting post for a new harrier owner. Well documented, enjoyed reading also would love to read a detailed travelogue, cheers!!
anshurao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 16:10   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Hello Guys ,

Hi, I too have a XZA + Dark edition, we do not get TPMS, only the Safari got TPMS. However the user manual states we have TPMS, QC issues in the user guide too
anshurao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 19:18   #1826
BHPian

Completed a 1200km trip last week.
Routing : Bangalore->Dindigul->Tirunelveli->Bangalore
Driving was split 85:15 between Highway and City use.

Car performed admirably well. The real highlight was the chiller AC unit which kept the cabin cool even in the harsh TN summer. Combined with the ventilated seats, the drive was absolutely comfortable.
Highway driving is a breeze in the Harrier. The suspension is perfect and the car stays rock solid. One can munch through the miles effortlessly.
The engine performance was also more than adequate and overtaking was a piece of cake. Did the entire journey in City mode and never felt the need for sports mode. Maintained a steady cruise between 80-90kmph for majority of the journey. Got an MID indicated 17.4kmpl, which came up to 16.4 in tankful to tankful calculations.

Car didn't throw up any surprises or niggles and performed as expected. Looking forward to add many more miles on this beast.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_3292.jpg
rahulcmoulee is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 18:02   #1827
BHPian

Hello Sharing some images from the long drive
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-start.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-night.jpg

Some more pics of the car
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car1.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car2.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-hills.jpg

Stats of my return journey, FE improved and am sure we can attain 15+ kmpl if we drive with a lighter foot.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-odo1.jpg

Getting the car washed post drive:
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-prewash.jpg
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-wash.jpg

Note: Is anyone aware is it is possible to switch off the ESP? Also the annoying horn when the boot is opened?
anshurao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 10:49   #1828
Senior - BHPian

When does the standard warranty for a vehicle start? From the date of Registration or from the date of Delivery?
Old 8th June 2023, 12:10   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
When does the standard warranty for a vehicle start? From the date of Registration or from the date of Delivery?
Once it's registered, its almost as good as sold. So AFAIK the system sets the date of registration as the date of Warranty Start.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 12:28   #1830

Hello Guys ,

I need some driving tips from you all. I have bought a TATA Harrier XZA Plus (Automatic) Dark. Since its the first time i am getting used to automatic never drove before.

I had a query about this Auto Hold feature. It was enabled by default when i got it . I assume it is different than the "P" button parking brake . So while driving should i always keep it enabled or disable it. I assume it affects the Disc brakes somewhere (not an expert on this topic) .

Reason i ask is this is that when i had gone for my First servicing I saw a Harrier some guy had got , he had droven it for 15000 Kms in 8 months. He said all 4 disc brakes have tonked off and he was fighting to get it replaced under warranty.

This made me think if my driving style and Auto hold etc feature cause much wear & tear on the brakes. So what do you guys think does it affect in long run or my assumption is wrong.
awesomeRide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks