Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2023, 09:18   #1771
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Daytona grey would require same amount of love and care as Dark edition. I have seen from some of your posts that you liked dark edition but were rejecting it due to maintenance woes. I would say if you are going for grey might as well go the extra mile and get black. Harrier looks absolutely drop dead gorgeous in black.
I'm thinking if I should bite the bullet and go with Black #Dark edition.
My other concern with the Dark edition (Black) was regarding 18 inch tyres, are they suitable for our indian conditions (profile is 60 on 235/60/R18 tyres, so I don't think it's very bad) and what's the price differential with the 17 inchers ? Of course, if the 18 inchers will give better ride comfort, I'd go for them. Please share your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
NPV, If I can suggest: get the Tropical mist and do a roof-wrap in a different color than black.

Will give you the TM color, you will not get a black roof, and the color combination of your car will be unique
Thanks @condor, I would like to keep the car stock and also don't want it to be unique and attention grabbing, that's just me!

Last edited by NPV : 15th May 2023 at 09:44.
Old 15th May 2023, 13:08   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm thinking if I should bite the bullet and go with Black #Dark edition.
My other concern with the Dark edition (Black) was regarding 18 inch tyres, are they suitable for our indian conditions (profile is 60 on 235/60/R18 tyres, so I don't think it's very bad) and what's the price differential with the 17 inchers ? Of course, if the 18 inchers will give better ride comfort, I'd go for them. Please share your thoughts.
I think you should. Go for dark edition and get PPF done. This might as well be your last Diesel car and you might not get another for a while so might as well get the variant and colour of your preference that you actually like a lot. YOLO! if you will

As far as tyre sizes are concerned then 17” are slightly more comfortable than 18” due to a bigger sidewall but 18” has decent enough sidewall to not get damaged or become uncomfortable. You can go for it with confidence.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 15th May 2023 at 13:10.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 15:13   #1773
ike
BHPian

A week and a thousand KMs later, the car is doing OK. Decent KMPL figures for a bulky SUV, hopefully it improves further. This is a 600 KM drive from Thrissur to Chennai, will be doing the return leg next week.

The other intriguing thing is that the car was beeping once in a while but there were no warning lights. This is apart from the regular beeps that happen as soon as you exceed 80/120KMPH. Couldn't really figure out what it was.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-statss.jpeg  

ike is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 16:09   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
A week and a thousand KMs later, the car is doing OK. Decent KMPL figures for a bulky SUV, hopefully it improves further. This is a 600 KM drive from Thrissur to Chennai, will be doing the return leg next week.

The other intriguing thing is that the car was beeping once in a while but there were no warning lights. This is apart from the regular beeps that happen as soon as you exceed 80/120KMPH. Couldn't really figure out what it was.
Thats some good mileage for an automatic. I own a manual and get around 16 kmpl on highways but at triple digit speeds. What speeds to you do to get this mileage?

Regarding the beeps, I too have been always irritated by the beeps without any actual warnings. They come and go without a trace and I have now started ignoring them.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 16:17   #1775
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats some good mileage for an automatic. I own a manual and get around 16 kmpl on highways but at triple digit speeds. What speeds to you do to get this mileage?
I set the cruise control at 95 for the most part and at 100 occasionally. Other thing I observed is that eco mode results in lesser mileage, probably because the response from the engine is muted and I try to compensate with a heavier right foot.
Old 15th May 2023, 17:12   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
This is often due to a mobile notification (mainly text message) or air purifier notifying of current AQI level.
BleueNinja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 22:10   #1777
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On the mats for Harrier:
I've now seen accessories price lists from different dealers mention 3D, 5D and 7D mats with prices increasing in the same order going from 3k+ to 7k+. Would anyone have links for pictures/videos showing the differences between them ? Or could someone explain in simple terms what the differences are ?

Last edited by NPV : 15th May 2023 at 22:11.
Old 17th May 2023, 15:23   #1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
On the mats for Harrier:
I've now seen accessories price lists from different dealers mention 3D, 5D and 7D mats with prices increasing in the same order going from 3k+ to 7k+. Would anyone have links for pictures/videos showing the differences between them ? Or could someone explain in simple terms what the differences are ?
Maybe this link will be helpful to you in providing the necessary information.

https://floormatreview.com/3d-vs-5d-...9d-floor-mats/
MysticMind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 14:24   #1779
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Tata Harrier reaches the 1 lakh milestone, launched in Jan 2019. Great figures for a 18-29L SUV. The numbers are just for Harrier, Safari is another 40K approx. from January 2021. Last month the duo did another 4800 numbers, with 22,359 units in just last 6 months.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-fwy_qnlwaaalrx1.jpeg

TATA MOTORS
TorqueIndia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 09:49   #1780

hello Guys, I have a strange problem with the Remote Locks.

I have bought a XZA +0 automatic Dark variant in MAY 1st Week. But right from day 1 i see locking issue with it. If i try to lock it with remote it looks like it locked but it does not . After 2-3 tries it works.

So after 2 days i decided to go to the service centre and out of blue it was working fine and no issues of locking at all, no clue then what could be the issue.

Now past 2 days i noticed that when I stop the vehicle & it is not in parking mode and i try to lock it gives me the security beep and says Key cannot be located or Identifies something. I try opening all doors and closing them properly but still it it would not stop. Then i started the car and switched to Park mode and stopped the car and viola the locks worked fine. I am unable to understand why the locking is not working in between . I thought the FOB battery was issue but i just got it not even a month ago. What do you guy think could be the issue ??

in the first month itself i see such issue my confidence is going down by day by day.
Do i need to visit a service centre and get them looked up this concern?
Old 21st May 2023, 17:39   #1781
Senior - BHPian

You have pointed to the solution to issue in your post.

For an Automatic Harrier/ Safari you cannot leave it in neutral & walk away. This is the way it with top end automatics from brand. I remember it was same for Alcazar, XUV700 & Innova Crysta that I test drove.

The proximity sensors also also work when you’re nearby with the keys in your pocket. Try opening the car when keys are away… it shouldn’t, & then it’s fine.

Don’t panic just enjoy the drives.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 21st May 2023 at 17:42.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 01:38   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
hello Guys, I have a strange problem with the Remote Locks.

I have bought a XZA +0 automatic Dark variant in MAY 1st Week. But right from day 1 i see locking issue with it. If i try to lock it with remote it looks like it locked but it does not . After 2-3 tries it works.

So after 2 days i decided to go to the service centre and out of blue it was working fine and no issues of locking at all, no clue then what could be the issue.

Now past 2 days i noticed that when I stop the vehicle & it is not in parking mode and i try to lock it gives me the security beep and says Key cannot be located or Identifies something. I try opening all doors and closing them properly but still it it would not stop. Then i started the car and switched to Park mode and stopped the car and viola the locks worked fine. I am unable to understand why the locking is not working in between . I thought the FOB battery was issue but i just got it not even a month ago. What do you guy think could be the issue ??

in the first month itself i see such issue my confidence is going down by day by day.
Do i need to visit a service centre and get them looked up this concern?
Exactly what CARDEEP mentioned. The problem is actually the solution, for the way it behaves.

This reminded me of a funny incident which happened with a friend of mine. He bought himself an XUV 700 AX5 automatic. Took his car out to drop her daughter to school, his spouse also accompanied him so that both can enjoy an early morning drive before their usual office schedule takes over. Somehow after reaching the school, car doesn't start at all. He tried everything, neither the car is getting locked. When nothing worked, his wife left via UBER since she has an urgent office call to attend.

He called mahindra RSA and they asked him to do some checks but nothing worked. My friend started cursing Mahindra left right and center. Started to think why didn't he bought the safari even he loved their design. Mahindra dispatched their RSA and provided him an ETA of 1 hour. In the meantime, while he was waiting for the Mahindra RSA, head technician who have reached Mahindra service center at around 9:30 am called him and asked about the issue. His first question was can you confirm if you car is in P Mode. And he replied NO, it's in D mode.

Hope everyone got what the issue was and why the car was not starting and for the same reason he was not able to lock the car as well. The moment he moved the car to P mode, his car started. Coincidentally he got a knock on his driver side window at the same time from RSA asking him to get down so that they can tow the car away. He shared the whole incident with me and I was

No offence to you sir, but above incident reminded me of that. You have got a great variant, enjoy your new ride.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 06:17   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeRide View Post
Looks like the car is behaving the way it is supposed to.
Once the engine is switched off with the gear in any mode other than ‘P’, the car will sound warning alarm when you try to move away. Changing the gear to ‘P’ mode alone (with the engine off) will not resolve the warning. You need to switch on the engine after shifting to ‘P’. Unless you switch on the engine, ‘the key fob not detected’ warning display will be there on the MID and the alarm will not stop. Learned this from my own experience! What I used to do to resolve this was to move the gear to ‘P’, then switch on the engine so that the gear shift warning and the ‘key fob not detected’ warning goes away and then switch off the engine and lock the car.

Your car is not misbehaving. Wish you many thousands miles with your car!
sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 09:25   #1784

Hello , Thanks all for the valuable insights. I am relived now . However a query. Does anyone know how to stop the FM from playing , i do not see any option other than changing source . Currently i just lower down the volume incase if i do not want to hear it.
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:46   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Is the "left pulling" issue still present in the new Harriers? I do not see that being mentioned anywhere in the recent post, so wondering if that is an issue people have learnt to live with or has TATA fixed it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks