Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2024, 08:32   #1216
ais
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozi View Post
Hey guys,

I am planning to tune my VW polo 1.0 tsi manual to stage 1+.

Confused with which flash should i go for, i have few in mind,
Harmonixx tuning,
wolf moto,
venom performance,
superchips.

Any input or your guys experience after a stage1+ tune would be helpful.
Wolf Moto. Flawless performance, reliability and superb support after install. 119 BHP AT THE WHEEL without AC (probaly 135 BHP at the crank). 115 BHP with AC.

Please do us a favour- could you kindly have the car dynoed BEFORE and after the tune, so we have the At The Crank figures or actual change in BHP?
ais is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 12:45   #1217
ozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Wolf Moto. Flawless performance, reliability and superb support after install. 119 BHP AT THE WHEEL without AC (probaly 135 BHP at the crank). 115 BHP with AC.

Please do us a favour- could you kindly have the car dynoed BEFORE and after the tune, so we have the At The Crank figures or actual change in BHP?
Sure thing, will update here once i get it done
ozi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 19:52   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post

Agree with this. Wolf is indeed very good. I got my Polo 1.0 TSI AT remapped through them in Bangalore.

Professional, helpful when something goes sideways and always ready to work with you till you're satisfied, even if it means doing multiple ECU flashes with different maps till they achieve the parameters you want.
Old 27th August 2024, 17:32   #1219
BHPian

Greetings everyone!

Has anyone ever had oil consumption issue with their 1.0 TSI Polo? I didn’t have until now, after a trip i checked the dipstick and oil was just below the maximum mark. Earlier even after driving hard i used to check and always found it to be at max just like on the day of oil change but this time I don’t know what happened. For reference I always stay light on throttle for the first 15 mins after cold start.

I also pulled till 5k RPM twice during the last drive. No oil marks on the floor as well.

Oil grade: 5W40

Would like to hear fellow owners’ thoughts.

Regards

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th September 2024 at 00:57. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 27th August 2024, 21:02   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Greetings everyone!

Has anyone ever had oil consumption issue with their 1.0 TSI Polo? I didn’t have until now, after a trip i checked the dipstick and oil was just below the maximum mark. Earlier even after driving hard i used to check and always found it to be at max just like on the day of oil change but this time I don’t know what happened. For reference I always stay light on throttle for the first 15 mins after cold start.

I also pulled till 5k RPM twice during the last drive. No oil marks on the floor as well.

Oil grade: 5W40

Would like to hear fellow owners’ thoughts.

Regards
How old is your car?

What's the odo?

How many kms since last service?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th September 2024 at 00:58. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 27th August 2024, 21:03   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
How old is your car?
What's the odo?
How many kms since last service?
MY 2022, odo: 12k, 2.5k since last service.
Old 27th August 2024, 21:08   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
MY 2022, odo: 12k, 2.5k since last service.
It's a fairly new engine so there shouldn't be any oil consumption at this stage, try checking your oil level in the morning after the engine has cooled down and all the oil has settled back into the oil sump.

When you're checking right after a trip, oil is in a bit of circulation and it takes some time for it to settle back into the oil sump.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th September 2024 at 00:58. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Old 27th August 2024, 21:15   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
It's a fairly new engine so there shouldn't be any oil consumption at this stage, try checking your oil level in the morning after the engine has cooled down and all the oil has settled back into the oil sump.

When you're checking right after a trip, oil is in a bit of circulation and it takes some time for it to settle back into the oil sump.
Thanks for responding.

I did check twice, once after bringing oil to operating temperature and letting it get to the bottom after 10 mins and next day as well. It’s not a huge amount of loss, can barely see the dots on the dipstick just below the maximum mark. I hope it’s a one-off thing.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th September 2024 at 00:59. Reason: Formatting of quoted post
Old 30th August 2024, 02:41   #1224
BHPian

My 11000 km MT has a lot of severe steering wheel shudder when braking hard or even semi-hard from 60-80kph or so. The car remains stable and brakes well enough. It's of course the ABS kicking in, but is it normal to feel through the steering wheel this way? I haven't experienced such a shudder in other cars.
Old 30th August 2024, 09:51   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
My 11000 km MT has a lot of severe steering wheel shudder when braking hard or even semi-hard from 60-80kph or so. The car remains stable and brakes well enough. It's of course the ABS kicking in, but is it normal to feel through the steering wheel this way? I haven't experienced such a shudder in other cars.
It's not the ABS. The brake shudder felt through the steering is coming from the warped front disks. The OEM TVS brake hardware in the Polo is very poor, and the disks get warped due to poor heat dissipation.

Many owners in this forum have gone the route of installing third party disks and pads from ATE, Brembo etc. which don't have this issue.
vijaysrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 12:45   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaysrk View Post
It's not the ABS. The brake shudder felt through the steering is coming from the warped front disks. The OEM TVS brake hardware in the Polo is very poor, and the disks get warped due to poor heat dissipation.

Many owners in this forum have gone the route of installing third party disks and pads from ATE, Brembo etc. which don't have this issue.
Oh I had no clue, hopefully braking stability doesn't suffer due to the warping, none that I have seen so far at even highway speeds.

Does the service centre provide any fix at all?
Old 30th August 2024, 12:56   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Oh I had no clue, hopefully braking stability doesn't suffer due to the warping, none that I have seen so far at even highway speeds.

Does the service centre provide any fix at all?
I have the same issue with my Polo, barely 3000km after replacing the rotors and disks (OEM). I haven't seen any decreased braking yet, but it's very disconcerting nonetheless.

VW doesn't have any solution for this. The typical VASS guy will blame it on your driving patterns, and an honest one will own up to the fact that their OEM brake hardware sucks. Neither one will have any solution to offer though!

Best solution is to go for aftermarket hardware.
Old 31st August 2024, 02:02   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaysrk View Post

Best solution is to go for aftermarket hardware.
Any leads in Bangalore for compatible Brembo's and their cost?
Old 31st August 2024, 09:43   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Any leads in Bangalore for compatible Brembo's and their cost?
Check with Carmed or Engineering Exponents. Both are very good, as per multiple Team-BHPians.
Old 4th September 2024, 17:46   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
....Most of the VAG cars we have (Jetta, Tiguan, Polo) and even other VAG cars for that matter do not have a separate pressurised Radiator Coolant Cap making me believe the cooling system could be designed differently.

Hey, did anything come of this? I saw this coolant bubbling after shut off when i TD a 1.0l turbo Rapid for a friend, back in 2020. I asked the dealer and checked other cars there and the couple of the newer cars had this bubbling. The dealer said it's normal.

Back then there was no information online. So i assumed it's a new engine design, or even a defective batch, since all the cars i saw were in the same dealership.

Some points i'd like to add:

Overfilling the coolant by a little won't cause it to bubble or boil.

It's supposed to be a closed system under pressure, so the fact that it's boiling AFTER shutdown (i feel) means that it's venting to the atmosphere with some valve. If you have access to the cooling system schematics, you can check for that.

I've used other older VAG cars, turbo or not, without the radiator cap. That isn't the reason for bubbling. Those don't bubble.

The ones I've seen with a radiator cap have an overflow tank. That's where the coolant goes if it expands too much, and it will also drain from there if coolant is lacking. Only ONE inlet and outlet. The coolant in it is stagnant. You fill these through the radiator, top off the tank, and burp it by running and squeezing the hoses.

VAG cars i've seen have a coolant expansion bottle. It has one IN and one OUT at minimum. Once the engine warms, the coolant constantly circulates through the tank. These are filled through the tank. Coolant is filled by first vacuuming the entire loop, and letting the vacuum pull fresh coolant in so there are no air pockets. They can't be burped.

My friend got the Rapid, and now it's nearly 4 years old. Doesn't seem to have any issues directly related to this.

But now i have another lingering concern. If it IS venting to the atmosphere, then, when it cools down, it will also pull air back in, along with dust and debris. In the long run this would contaminate the coolant. I wonder how VW overcomes this.

Last edited by Ayson : 4th September 2024 at 17:50. Reason: added info
Ayson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks