Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 22:37   #1201

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkanfps View Post
Thank you so much for the details regarding the horn. I went to the dealership yesterday and they have no clue when i asked about the wiring harness (in the thumbnail) but they have the low tone horn in stock and quoting a price of 2050 INR. They're trying to sell me a different type of horn which i'm not interested in. I went home and looked at the connectors, the wiring harness you posted is exactly what I need. I searched online as well and couldn't find it either. Do you happen to know any information on how to source it?
Dual tone of Virtus/Taigun sounds far better than Polo’s Low and High Tone Horn combinations and costs less. Have a look at virtus horn if service centre is nearby.
Old 12th July 2024, 10:57   #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhail5566 View Post
Upsizing will make you ride more bumpy. since you are driving 70 km per day, better to stick with 16”.If aesthetic appeal is your primary concern , 17 inch wheel with Michelin Pilot Sport will look fantastic
I've gone ahead and picked up 17" Lenso Jager Dyna's in the Copper finish (yikes). Yet to go ahead with installation and picking out the tyres as I'm in the middle of shifting houses.

I'm thinking Primacy/Pilot Sport (depending on availability) in 205/50/17 or 215/45/17, recommendations welcome. Both are within 3% of the stock 195/55/16 size.

Can't wait to see the look. I'm sure this will finally open a pandora's box w.r.t. mods, haha.

Post installation of wheels and tyres, I plan to work on the suspension and after that a Stage 1/2 tune.
Old 13th July 2024, 02:29   #1203
BHPian

I own the Rapid twin with 1.0 TSI. Have been changing the oil at every 7.5K after the initial 15K period. I have tried Liqui Moly Molygen 5w40 and Motul X-cess 5w40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
What did you end up with ? I am in a quandary whether to use 0w 20 (Longlife FE) or 5w 40.
Use former for fuel efficiency and better pickup. Latter one for less noise and more protection. Also if you don't / cannot follow proper idling at start/stop go for 0w20. It will protect better.

My Rapid since the first oil change has not been as spirited to drive as it was before. Onus goes to the oil weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
I have been going as per the dealership and will stay the same till warranty. VW502 is the minimum grade required for 1.0 TSI.

Might try 0W-40 after warranty period.

Regards
I am also planning for 0w40 after this 4th year SMP included service. I would recommend to go with Liqui Moly Synthoil Energy 0w40. It is costly but one of the best fully synthetic (Not HC) oil. Conforms to VW 502 00 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
I am having trouble sourcing the VW engine oil. I ordered some online and the seller sent me System D (*VW 505) instead of System G! I am thinking of going with Motul X-Cess . It is VW 502 00 complaint; anyone tried it yet?
Yes Motul X-Cess 5w40 is VW 502 00 compliant. I am running it at present in my Rapid. The oil is better than ASC one (Shell Helix) but lags behind the Liqui Moly Molygen 5w40 in terms of additive package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Why don't you look into Liqui Moly 5W40?
Just to try out you can start with LM Molygen 5w40. Superb additive package at affordable price. (Well it was affordable some time back). One will feel the difference in day to day driving.

I am planning to go for LM Synthoil Energy 0w40 this time. Molygen was a very good product and made a difference of night and day for me.

Other good products:
1. ROWE (0w40 / 5w40).
2. Pakelo 5w40. Very Expensive though.
3. Mobil 1 0w40 (If you can get it original).

BTW has anyone switched back to 0w20 from 5w40 ? How is the experience and engine NVH like ?

I am also planning to change the Manual Gearbox oil as the shifts have become somewhat notchy, more during the cold starts.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 13th July 2024 at 02:34.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 21:18   #1204

Very disappointed to share a post like this about what is otherwise a wonderful vehicle.

A little background about my Polo, it's a 1.0l TSI Manual manufactured in July 2020. We got it as a Ex-Dealership demo car in March 2021, the car was used as a demo car from December to January and had covered 3,300 km on the odo meter. We did our due diligence checking and confirming everything about the vehicle was fine.

We have put a little over 11,000 km since then and have no major complaints about the car, but Volkswagen or rather the representatives of the company leave a lot to desire.

Recently we had to carry out the car's 3rd annual service. And we went ahead and booked the service with Bangalore Motors Ltd- Rajajinagar, after a not so pleasant experience during the last annual service with PPS Motors, the Volkswagen Service Center based in Hebbal.

On reaching the service center on the morning of the 15th of June, I was allotted a Service advisor (SA) who looked over the car and declared that the car needed it's 4th annual service after seeing it's VIN number. I told him to check the details within the system because the car was due for only it's 3rd annual service. His response was that he'll check and let me know, but he listed out the work that would need to be done during the 4th annual service. The hand written job card he had also mentioned these tasks (Spark Plugs, an engine belt, a few seals, etc). I was told that I can collect the car in the evening and so I left the service center.

Around noon I received a call from the SA who said that the coolant hose was creating a leak and that it had to be replaced. He also said that the battery was weak and had to be replaced. I asked him to send pictures of the leaking hose because I could not see any signs of any leaks where the car was parked and I also asked him to charge the battery. I never received any pictures from him. I also checked the old service invoices and confirmed that the car had it's 3rd annual service due.

In the evening I went to collect the car and was disappointed to see my car covered in grease everywhere, including the steering wheel. Only after pointing this out to the SA did he get someone to get a rag and clean the car using their "Waterless Wash" liquid. I was also informed that the battery was not charged and it could only be replaced. And out of goodwill they had left that decision with me. Then when it came to pay the bill, I was handed over an invoice for the amount of Rs. 14,247/-. I was shocked, on checking the invoice I realised that they had gone ahead with the 4th year service, even though I had instructed them to check with-in their systems once and then go ahead with it. The SA then started defending this by saying that the car has a 2020 VIN number hence it required it's 4th annual service and gave all kinds of excuses, even stating that he has handled dozens of cars on a daily basis and has experience on what is required (Ridiculous). I got frustrated and then explained how even I knew how VIN numbers worked and pointed out that the car was a July 2020 manufactured car, which wouldn't require a 4th annual service to begin with. He then proceeded to say that there was no difference between a 3rd year and 4th year service (Absolute rubbish) and that there was no harm done. I also asked him why he didn't send any pictures of the leaking coolant hose which had been changed and billed for, which he replied that it was an invisible leak, so sending any pictures would be useless and he just got the hose changed. Frustrated, I just paid the bill and left the place, it was honestly more useful talking to a wall than trying to reason with anyone in that place. The next day I received a feedback form from Volkswagen asking me about the service experience, I gave them a 3 star review(Should have been a 1 star, now that I think about it). I received a call back from someone at Volkswagen asking what could be improved. I then went on to explain everything that had happened. The person on the line said that they would ensure someone from the Service center calls me back. It's been over a month and I haven't received any communication from either Volkswagen or the Service center apart from an email from Volkswagen acknowledging the feedback response call.

I am absolutely disappointed with them. The car is wonderful, the people who work on it not so much. The group is doing their level best to improve customer experiences only of episodes like this. I'm on the verge of selling my car because of incidents like this. Mind you this is after shelling out 5 figures on annual maintenance.

Which brings me to another point.

According to the Volkswagen website my service cost should have been just Rs. 10,641. But here I have been charged more than Rs. 3,000 extra, for what? To receive a car covered in and smelling like grease?

Hope someone at Volkswagen sees this and gets things done better. I really, really like my car, but it's things like these that make me question keeping it.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240722-21.05.10.jpeg

The main invoice, notice the numbers written on it. That's the SA trying to convince me that the 4th year service was required.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240722-21.03.56.jpeg

The final amount paid.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240722-21.07.23.jpeg

The service estimate according to the Volkswagen website for a 4th year annual service job. Note: This is without the coolant hose replacement, I still don't believe that it was required. I was never given any proof it was required other than a verbal one.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240722-21.07.29.jpeg

The service estimate for a 3rd year annual service job. This was what was required.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-screenshot-20240722-211628.png

The Acknowledgement of the complaint from Volkswagen.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd July 2024 at 05:30. Reason: Typo; attachments inserted
F138 V8 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 08:09   #1205
Distinguished - BHPian

@F138 V8:
What does your RC state as the month/year of registration? I’m guessing the vehicle was recorded as sold in July 2020 itself, which is why the VW system is calculating from that date.

This was Unlock 1.0 around the same time when I bought my 3, and a lot of mess-ups happened in SOPs etc.

Your SA is misleading you by calculating from the OEM manufacturing date; a brand new car’s record will start from the PDI stage. Since your Polo is a ex-dealer vehicle they could have messed up somewhere.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 23rd July 2024, 09:33   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Your SA is misleading you by calculating from the OEM manufacturing date; a brand new car’s record will start from the PDI stage. Since your Polo is a ex-dealer vehicle they could have messed up somewhere.
Isn't it correct to perform 4th year annual service as the car has been running since 2020? While it's first owner might have come a year later but its engine sure is running for the last 4 years. I think maintenance should be done considering the time a car has run for.

Regards
Old 23rd July 2024, 09:42   #1207

Quote:
What does your RC state as the month/year of registration? I’m guessing the vehicle was recorded as sold in July 2020 itself, which is why the VW system is calculating from that date.
My RC states the date of registration as the 26th of March 2021. From what has transpired it's obvious the SA never bothered checking the system.

Quote:

Let us know how it goes.
Yes from what I was told by Volkswagen Palace Cross (The dealership that sold the car to me), the car was a June 2020 manufactured vehicle and was dispatched to the dealership around November- December. My car's VIN No. is MEXF2060XL******* which also partially confirms this.
F138 V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:29   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F138 V8 View Post
My RC states the date of registration as the 26th of March 2021. From what has transpired it's obvious the SA never bothered checking the system.
Something wrong then. VAG Service is driven totally by the VIN including the service requirements themselves coupled with software updates, recalls. Only after they get that dump for any particular vehicle do they physically inspect and drive the vehicle for wear and tear or other damage.

Suggest you invest in a trip to either Palace Cross to another showroom / workshop to check why your service requirements started earlier. I imagine they CAN correct it BUT this VW India here with a monolithic PSU approach.

Are there any older service records shared with you at all. i.e. pre-purchase time?
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 19:03   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3t0uring View Post
Isn't it correct to perform 4th year annual service as the car has been running since 2020? While it's first owner might have come a year later but its engine sure is running for the last 4 years. I think maintenance should be done considering the time a car has run for.
Regards
The thing is that the 2nd year service was performed last year.
So far, this is the service routine that we followed,
2021- 3rd month Service
2022- 1st Annual Service
2023- 2nd Annual Service

Quote:
Invest in a trip to either Palace Cross to another showroom / workshop to check why your service requirements started earlier. I imagine they CAN correct it BUT this VW India here with a monolithic PSU approach.
I would do that, infact I expected that to happen after the complaint was raised. The reason I'm posting this incident here is because of the radio silence from both Volkswagen and the dealership. The complaint was generated on the 18th of June. It's been more than a month, and I have recieved no communication from them.

Quote:
Are there any older service records shared with you at all. i.e. pre-purchase time?
No, we didn't recieve anything from the dealership.
F138 V8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 15:00   #1210

Quote:
Please suggest which one should I pick. My primary concerns are Comfort and Handling.
Went with Turenza 6i completed 4K kms.

My observations after 4K kms

- Zero Tyre noise or its too less than that of engine noise.only thing you car hear while riding is Engine and Turbo noise.
- Took it to newly opened NH44.On both concrete and Bitumin roads tyre noise is null.
- Straight line stability is good.Took it to a good speed, it performed great.
- Performance is little compromised. Steering response has reduced especially on corners as compared to the stock GOODYEAR tyres.Feels like it will be little more less when comparing to Primacy 4ST.
- Amazing wet grip. Better control on highway in places like Kerala with heavy rainfall.
- No need to slow down on Small path holes and patchwork undulation

I was offered Michelin Primacy 4ST for same price, but went ahead with Turenza 6i.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_3023.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_3024.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_3026.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_3025.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_2556.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_2555.jpeg

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th September 2024 at 23:06. Reason: Removing high speed reference.
suhail5566 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 12:08   #1211
BHPian

Continuing in a similar vein, looks like Michelin PS4 tyres are once again available in 16 inches, albeit a small upsize at 205/55 R16.

I am planning to switch out my 24k run stock MRF ZVTVs and go for PS4s on my 2021 Polo 1.0 TSI AT for better ride, grip and handling.

Any thoughts on upsizing from 195/55 R16 to 205/55 R16, and its effects on pickup, stability, body roll etc.?
Old 15th August 2024, 14:55   #1212
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Went with Turenza 6i completed 4K kms.

My observations after 4K kms

- Zero Tyre noise or its too less than that of engine noise.only thing you car hear while riding is Engine and Turbo noise.
- Took it to newly opened NH44.On both concrete and Bitumin roads tyre noise is null.
I've been using Michelin Primacy 4 and looking for anything quieter. I checked with Saifee today. Their feedback- while Turenza 6i is a fantastic tyre, Michelin Primacy is still the quietest.
Old 16th August 2024, 12:10   #1213
ozi

Hey guys,

I am planning to tune my VW polo 1.0 tsi manual to stage 1+.

Confused with which flash should i go for, i have few in mind,
Harmonixx tuning,
wolf moto,
venom performance,
superchips.

Any input or your guys experience after a stage1+ tune would be helpful.
Old 16th August 2024, 12:36   #1214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozi View Post
Hey guys,

I am planning to tune my VW polo 1.0 tsi manual to stage 1+.

Confused with which flash should i go for, i have few in mind,
Harmonixx tuning,
wolf moto,
venom performance,
superchips.

Any input or your guys experience after a stage1+ tune would be helpful.
Amongst the options mentioned above, I would only recommend Wolf Moto. They are the best, and perhaps the only ones that “know” what they’re doing.

GT TUNERZ is also an option I would suggest, as all their tunes are developed on a dyno while due consideration is given to fuel quality, ambient temperatures, etc.

I would not recommend the others on the list.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 13:09   #1215
ozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Amongst the options mentioned above, I would only recommend Wolf Moto. They are the best, and perhaps the only ones that “know” what they’re doing.

GT TUNERZ is also an option I would suggest, as all their tunes are developed on a dyno while due consideration is given to fuel quality, ambient temperatures, etc.

I would not recommend the others on the list.
Thanks for the advice, are gt tunerz maps available in bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks