Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 11:25   #1111

Re: Initial Perfomance Review : Polo 1.0 Tsi MT(Outright performance, 0 - 100 timings, Power deliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionR-Line View Post
Hey Vish!

I’ve been going through this thread for a very specific problem I’ve been facing a problem recently and I honestly can’t tell if it’s normal to the Polo TSi manual (not sure about the AT Models) or something that’s happened after my Stage 2 tune.

Assuming your polo is stock, do you have rev hang once you let off the throttle? I’ve been facing inconsistent rev hangs once I let off the throttle for 1-2 seconds and it climbs down really slow. Now I’m not sure what exactly is causing this issue and if it is even an issue.

And if any one else is facing this issue in their Manual TSi Polo, help me out!

Hello Precision R-line,

Yes, my Polo is running stock.

I have not faced any rev hang issues. As you say your car is running a stage 2 tune, i assume that you have modified your exhaust system.

Rev hangs usually can happen when there is some clogging in the exhaust or when there is delayed fuel combustion.

I advise you check with the tuner and specifically check with the exhaust system. Sometimes, a simple cleaning of the exhaust could be all that is required.
Old 21st November 2023, 21:03   #1112
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Got our car serviced today at Viraj, Noida. Odo is at 43,200 KMs. Did an early 45k Kms service since I will be driving the car down to Mumbai next week.

Car has been doing great. No issues so far! Brake disc and pads have enough life, I am running aftermarket setup with Brembo discs and Ultimatix 2 pads. Underbody inspection revealed a nasty hit, the running board took the impact.

Continentals are holding up well at 33K KMs. I wanted the left AC vent replaced but they were not in stock. The vent is broken and dislodged from the dash.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8503.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8502.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8506.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 12:50   #1113
ozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Has anyone here faced an EPC error? My Polo TSI AT is inching closer and closer to being regarded as a lemon. The VW diagnostics show electronic errors of all sorts.

This is on top of the BCM error I've already faced. At what point should I just consider booking my losses on my car?!

Second consecutive post because the edit button is over. I posted that while I was at the dealership.

So the service technician concluded the error was because the battery wasn't being charged properly, they reattached the terminal after sanding and told me it shouldn't happen again.

I, however, don't buy this. I have had this error before too, once. I let it go because it went away after restarting the car. That was before any fiddling was done with the battery, which had been working fine throughout lockdown.

Their insight has allowed me to deduce a couple of things. The EPC error preceded the BCM error I've faced. (BCM failure in new VW Polo 1.0 TSI AT | Painfully slow VW service & support)

The EPC error occurs because of low voltage. The low voltage results in the electronics going kaput. That also must've resulted in the BCM conking off (deducing this based on GTO's theead) (Low voltage situations & weak batteries | The bane of German cars)

The EPC error goes away after restarting because the battery gets charged sufficiently. The car was only run 3-4 days ago so it's not a case of the car lying idle for long periods of time. It used to not be run for over a week during the lockdown and I had zero issues.

So, to conclude, there is an unidentified leak from the battery of some sort that is causing this chain reaction and wrecking havoc on the electronics.

I'm not a technically adept person and the service technician did not seem interested in listening to my diagnosis. What should I do?

I had this thing with my Polo TSI – EPC light popping up at startup. VW service swapped out the fuel pump, and now the EPC light doesn't bother shining anymore.
Old 1st December 2023, 12:25   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
The hump at the rear of the seat base is killing me.

Attachment 2316525
I am facing the same issue. I seem to sink in the driving seat in the rear along with lack of thigh support I am not heavy. Even small city drives become uncomfortable. Have you found any solution to it?? Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 12:39   #1115
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
I am facing the same issue. I seem to sink in the driving seat in the rear along with lack of thigh support I am not heavy. Even small city drives become uncomfortable. Have you found any solution to it?? Thanks
Yes, while putting leather upholstry, we cut a cavity into the foam where the tail bone sits (marked in yellow). We shaved the foam as well from the hip area as can be seen in the picture (the shaved area is lighter in colour).

Thigh support was added.

While doing the leather upholstry, the experts copied the stitch that runs on the width of the seat. This happens to be right under the hip joint. Later, I had the leather cover opened and that stitch trimmed. If you are going for upholstry change, eliminate that stitch.

The seat is super comfortable now and I've done full day drives on highways with no sign of discomfort.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20220708_163202.jpg

Last edited by ais : 1st December 2023 at 12:44.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 13:11   #1116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaYesEye View Post
Hi, Cynosure.

I have got my 1ltr AT tuned from Wolf Moto here in Bangalore by Engineering Exponent (recommended by many bhpians).

Feedback after two months of various driving conditions(City, Highway, Ghat):

The low and mid have improved in many aspects, including lag and mileage. However, you cannot get rid of lag 100%, but it won't bother you either.

Check Wolf Moto's insta page, where they travel to different cities to conduct the tuning program.
Quote:
The Polo 1L gearbox cannot be remapped yet AFAIK. I had gone for a MT for that reason. I do know of some who have remapped the ECU anyway and seem okay with it, but I would love to hear their experience.

For remap, go for Wolf. They are well ahead in this game.
Apologies for the delayed response!

Thank you both! I'll definitely look into Wolf. The fact that they don't have a designated workshop in Delhi NCR makes me a bit vary, unlike the tuners I mentioned. However, two members mentioning the same tuner, they must surely be doing something right.
Old 1st December 2023, 13:19   #1117

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, while putting leather upholstry, we cut a cavity into the foam where the tail bone sits (marked in yellow). We shaved the foam as well from the hip area as can be seen in the picture (the shaved area is lighter in colour).

Attachment 2537645
I am struggling with the same issue! This is the only issue I have with my GT TSI. I drive almost 75KMs 5 days a week and the pain is unbearable by the time I get home/to office.

Thank you for your post ais, I'll try and get a similar solution this weekend itself.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:15   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, while putting leather upholstry, we cut a cavity into the foam where the tail bone sits (marked in yellow). We shaved the foam as well from the hip area as can be seen in the picture (the shaved area is lighter in ]
Where was it done? Can you share the contact please.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:17   #1119
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Saddles India. Order was through Bangalore- +919886004043 and work was done at Pune factory.

Removal of stitch was done by R Design, Mumbai. 9821923210
Old 1st December 2023, 16:08   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, while putting leather upholstry, we cut a cavity into the foam where the tail bone sits (marked in yellow). We shaved the foam as well from the hip area as can be seen in the picture (the shaved area is lighter in ]
Old 4th December 2023, 20:51   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Did an early 45k Kms service since I will be driving the car down to Mumbai next week.
Took the 1,500 KMs drive. First NCR to Mumbai for the Polo. Had a relaxed trip with my father and son. Overall FE was 15.5 kmpl. The car will be in Mumbai for next 3 months. No issues to report. Had total fun between Vadodra and Mumbai navigating between the trucks.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8867.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_8863.jpeg

sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 07:47   #1122

I have a peculiar problem with my 2020 polo TSI. The problem is "left pull". The car just drifts to the left.

Currently the ODO is at 53000 mark and the problem manifested "right after" the 45K service.
I made three visits to the service centre and they tried to rotate the wheels and correct the alignment. After the alignment, as I keep driving, the problem reappears within few km. When I pushed the SA to get the problem rectified, the kind of response and steps taken showed no intent to address the issue and I lost hope with them.

I had checked the alignment at multiple places and am convinced that it's not just an alignment issue. Every time after the alignment is rectified, for first few km, it will hold well and in ~100km, the problem reoccurs.
Apart from alignment, I had the suspension checked by ASS and FNG. All came back saying the suspension is clean.
The car was due for a tyre change and I changed all 4 to Conti. Still no luck. The problem persists with the new tyres too.

This has become a nagging issue now and it's spoiling the driving pleasure this beautiful machine offers. Requesting other members here to throw some light and provide any guidance they could offer to get this machine to its original state.
Old 10th December 2023, 10:57   #1123
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdonwheels View Post
IAfter the alignment, as I keep driving, the problem reappears within few km.
Have you checked all the bushings and mounts- engine, suspension and its components, and the steering rack?
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 13:27   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdonwheels View Post
I have a peculiar problem with my 2020 polo TSI. The problem is "left pull". The car just drifts to the left.

Currently the ODO is at 53000 mark and the problem manifested "right after" the 45K service.

This has become a nagging issue now and it's spoiling the driving pleasure this beautiful machine offers. Requesting other members here to throw some light and provide any guidance they could offer to get this machine to its original state.
2 Primary Contenders assuming the alignment & balancing is done right.

1. Suspension Mounts. Look for space between the car body and the stopper on the top. If there is significant space change the mounts.
2. Lower front arm bushes. Specifically the ones more towards the rear. At 53K they must have developed cracks, either one or both of them.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 08:48   #1125

Quote:
Have you checked all the bushings and mounts- engine, suspension and its components, and the steering rack?
Apart from the steering rack, I have checked the rest. Will check the rack too. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
2 Primary Contenders assuming the alignment & balancing is done right.

1. Suspension Mounts. Look for space between the car body and the stopper on the top. If there is significant space change the mounts.
2. Lower front arm bushes. Specifically the ones more towards the rear. At 53K they must have developed cracks, either one or both of them.
I am making a visit to the SC again this week. Will check the suspension mounts too. I will check on point #2, you had called out. As a layman inspection, one thing which I noticed was the space between the rear tyres and body (wheel arch). Having the car on a plane surface, when I checked this spacing, on the left hand side, I found it to be short by close to a cm. Not sure whether this of any significance. But this is one observation.

Thank you ais and Ankit for your inputs. Appreciate it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks