Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 17:29   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
I did not understand.
I am required to give a photograph of engine number on the car for self inspection for insurance renewal.
Your previous insurance copy as well as the RC book will have the engine number mentioned. Are they asking for physical evidence? Normally it is mentioned right where you open the bonnet, on top of the radiator.

Last edited by Guna : 5th September 2023 at 17:34.
Old 5th September 2023, 18:01   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Your previous insurance copy as well as the RC book will have the engine number mentioned. Are they asking for physical evidence? Normally it is mentioned right where you open the bonnet, on top of the radiator.
Yeah it is there in the RC book.
But cannot find this in engine bay.
Old 5th September 2023, 20:51   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Yeah it is there in the RC book.
But cannot find this in engine bay.
Okay you want the picture,
Open the bonet, move towards the right side of the car, just in front on the right fender, from there you will see a black cover kind of thing on the engine(next to the coolant tank) on that cover you will see a white sticker with engine number written. I have marked the location.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20230905_171905.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 08:13   #1084
BHPian

I recently moved from a Maruti Celerio to Polo 1.0 TSI Auto. I found the brakes to be heavy & not exactly sharp compared to Celerio.

Is it just my car’s issue (or) a known thing for the Polo community?
Old 10th September 2023, 07:39   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Okay you want the picture,
Open the bonet, move towards the right side of the car, just in front on the right fender, from there you will see a black cover kind of thing on the engine(next to the coolant tank) on that cover you will see a white sticker with engine number written. I have marked the location.
The placement of the Battery seems different in your car! My battery is closer to the front, while the Windshield Washer liquid cap is on the right hand side..
Old 10th September 2023, 09:26   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I recently moved from a Maruti Celerio to Polo 1.0 TSI Auto. I found the brakes to be heavy & not exactly sharp compared to Celerio.

Is it just my car’s issue (or) a known thing for the Polo community?
Known thing. We often joke about VW forgot to give brakes with the car.

I am running aftermarket Brembo rotors with EBC ultimatix2 brake pads.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 12:45   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Known thing. We often joke about VW forgot to give brakes with the car.
My 1.2L GT's brakes' initial bite wasn't great till I got them replaced after 3 years at the service centre, and lo and behold, I had a dream set of brakes. Dont know what kind they added, but now I can brake really late (like I anyways needed to do with this engine/gearbox), with a huge bite. Has anyone experienced this after a standard replacement at the service centre?
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 17:18   #1088
BHPian

My 2022 Polo TSI automatic (12500 Km) started wobbling recently and there was black powdery deposits on the front alloys. Took it to my friend's garage and found the rear suspensions to be tight while releasing out. The break pads were worn off and the discs were unevenly worn. Changed the discs (OEM), break pads (Ate, Germany) and all four supensions (Al-Ko, Germany). Tried to get Sachs, but could not get from reliable sources. The car rides and handles brilliantly now. suspension is slightly on the stiffer side, but overall happy with the set up. Very disappointed with the quality of the OEM parts though.
rama75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 07:56   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanarmy View Post
The placement of the Battery seems different in your car! My battery is closer to the front, while the Windshield Washer liquid cap is on the right hand side..
The photo posted is probably from a European Golf with the 1.0 TSI engine. That should explain your on-point observations!
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 17:27   #1090

Hi everyone!

Wanted some guidance on battery replacement for my 2021 GT TSI. The car refused to start this morning. Since, I was getting late for work, I left the car as is and went to work.

Now, I've just had the car checked and the battery is completely dead. The local battery seller suggested Amaron for around 4K, inclusive of the exchange value for my current battery.

I spoke to my SA right now and he informed me that getting my battery replaced outside (any third party) will lead to my warranty for electricals being void. He's asked me to call RSA and send the car to the service station for the replacement which will be 7K (as per his initial quote). He said VW batteries are dry-cell and aren't available outside (not sure how true is this?).

I'm not sure how to proceed and would appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance!
Old 25th September 2023, 18:23   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynosure View Post
Wanted some guidance on battery replacement for my 2021 GT TSI. The car refused to start this morning. Since, I was getting late for work, I left the car as is and went to work.

What he has told you is correct, you will have to get it replaced at service center only for the warranty to be remained valid. The battery which comes with the cars are not good, my amaron battery has been running well in it's 5th year, but get the battery from the service center only.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2023 at 00:07.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 21:01   #1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
What he has told you is correct, you will have to get it replaced at service center only for the warranty to be remained valid.

The battery which comes with the cars are not good, my amaron battery has been running well in it's 5th year, but get the battery from the service center only.
Thank you! I’ll call RSA and get this sorted tomorrow itself in that case.

On a separate note, I truly appreciated the Polo AT’s prowess today after having to lug around my Ciaz MT 80KM today (NDEL-GGN in peak traffic hours).
Old 26th September 2023, 00:26   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynosure View Post
Thank you! I’ll call RSA and get this sorted tomorrow itself in that case.

On a separate note, I truly appreciated the Polo AT’s prowess today after having to lug around my Ciaz MT 80KM today (NDEL-GGN in peak traffic hours).
They refused to extend my addon warranty (7th year) on my Polo GT 1.2 since I replaced battery outside during COVID times. Had to install the one at service centre to get it extended.
Old 18th October 2023, 13:22   #1094

Hey there,

I am also facing some same problems with my 2020 Polo TSI HL+ MT.

The car has done 74k on odo until now and i have been having trouble solving the issues since the past 1 year.

1. At around 100 to 120kmph the car starts vibrating a lot and when you hit the brakes it becomes worse as the whole car starts to jitter and vibrate along with the steering.
2. There is a constant thud sounds coming from under the car while driving on the road. I think irs from the lower arms.
3. There is alot of rattling noise from the cabin while driving
4. The car sometimes feels very heavy to drive.
5. The engine sounds very loud when i try to pick up the pace at around 1500 to 2000 rpm the car starts to vibrate in a sort of annoying way.

I have visited the ASC numerous times they’ve just asked for more time and work but nothing could be done by them, i have got brake pads and discs replaced but the braking doesn’t seem to improve, i have even got the alignment and balancing done with the tire swap as well but there is no play with that as well. Mounts have been checked but they seem to be fine, the only thing found out in recent diagnosis were worn out bushes of the lower arm.

Have anyone else faced any of these same issues and found a solution to them? The car sometimes feels just undrivable and i have been having a hard time trying to figure out these issues.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th October 2023 at 10:47. Reason: formatting and spacing for readability
Old 22nd October 2023, 10:50   #1095
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanzaidi06 View Post
The car has done 74k on odo until now and i have been having trouble solving the issues since the past 1 year.
If the car did not have these problems from the time of purchasing the car, then obviously these have developed due to wear. Have you checked the shock absorbers?

You may need an experienced mechanic to diagnose the issues. Tyres could be another source. Have you balanced them AFTER completely removing stones from the grooves?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks