Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 13:10   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

I highly doubt the car was priced 12 lac in 2021. Have you checked this out ? In my view, the car (which is no longer a running model) is worth about 7.5 L only, in spite of its pedigree et al.
Old 24th July 2023, 14:14   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
The car is at a Volkswagen dealer only, they are asking 9 lakhs for it after negotiations, the car was i think around 12 lakhs when new.
So what's your suggestion, is it a well decision to buy a polo now?
I sold my 10k run Jan 2020 GT TSI in Mar 2022 for 9.3. Considering MH prices are a bit lesser compared to Bangalore and the car has run 30k, I'd say you can negotiate a bit further.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 14:48   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice people, i am looking for a used car in good condition, and somehow couldn't seem to like cars apart from Škoda-Volkswagen, came across this Polo Gt, November 2020 registered and has done 30k kilometers. The condition of the car is pristine with no damages or scratches, the interiors are good too.
If you can get AMP from the dealer for 2 years along with extended warranty in the same price, can go ahead. I was looking for a GT TSI for a friend of mine in Pune and the prices have been on the higher side for GT in MH. I see lot of VW-Skoda cars here compared to say North of our country and maybe that is the reason for a better resale value. The car seems to be maintained well considering the pathetic traffic in Pune plus its a TC so one less point to worry about.
Old 24th July 2023, 21:37   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice people, i am looking for a used car in good condition, and somehow couldn't seem to like cars apart from Škoda-Volkswagen, came across this Polo Gt, November 2020 registered and has done 30k kilometers. The condition of the car is pristine with no damages or scratches, the interiors are good too.

I would say, it depends upon what you are going to do with it ?

Polo is overrated in 2023 what with its barebones features and lack of space.

Are you planning to mod it ? If so, just save all the headache and buy yourself an N line. Comes fully loaded from factory and it's really good value for money.

If you're planning on keeping it stock, it's still over priced for what it offers today in the current market scenario.Owners are asking all sorts of illogical prices for Polos in the market, just a matter of time before they crash.

Step away and look at the bigger picture, you'll understand especially if it's going to be your only car.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 01:25   #1070
BHPian

Quote:

Have checked the car history, car has been regularly serviced and maintained at a VW dealer, with a new tyre and new brake pads, the car drives well too. It is under warranty as well. The owner has installed the original arm rest and reverse camera and has a service package purchased too

The car is at a Volkswagen dealer only, they are asking 9 lakhs for it after negotiations, the car was i think around 12 lakhs when new.
I would say you are paying 1lac more, I myself bought at 2020 POLO GT TSI, just 2 weeks back for 8lacs , and it was bought through MODY VW kandivali, i would say my car was in even better spec as it has all the above mentioned upgrades plus some more, like upgrade to philips LED bulbs, upgraded VW seat cover, UV cut film for windscreen and ceramic coating with 1yr warranty still left.
Now added to this MODY VW added all the polo accessories they had in inventory and some goodies adding some pictures

Right price in my opinion for 1.0TSI polo would be 6.5-7lacs for the manual one and 7.5 to 8 lacs for automatic ones and the best spec would be HIGHLINE PLUS as it has rear AC vents, comes with 2 electronic keys and rear charging socket.

I understand these Polo are hard to come by, but never buy anything out of FOMO.

VW sold around 300-400 1.0 TSI cars every month for approx 18months, believe me there are better deals out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4306.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4253.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4252.jpeg  

Santy19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 06:59   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Does it have to be a hatchback or are you open to sedans and crossovers?

Any particular reason?

came across this Polo Gt, November 2020 registered and has done 30k kilometers. The condition of the car is pristine with no damages or scratches, the interiors are good too.

They know that this car is mod friendly (thanks to several YouTube Channels). They also know that it's not available new. They know that the Youtube videos have created a hype so demand is there.
Thats the explanation for the price.

If you want a Polo, then it is. If you want a car then maybe.

All depends on your preference and budget and whether you want new or used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I highly doubt the car was priced 12 lac in 2021. Have you checked this out ? In my view, the car (which is no longer a running model) is worth about 7.5 L only, in spite of its pedigree et al.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I sold my 10k run Jan 2020 GT TSI in Mar 2022 for 9.3. Considering MH prices are a bit lesser compared to Bangalore and the car has run 30k, I'd say you can negotiate a bit further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
If you can get AMP from the dealer for 2 years along with extended warranty in the same price, can go ahead. I was looking for a GT TSI for a friend of mine in Pune and the prices have been on the higher side for GT in MH. I see lot of VW-Skoda cars here compared to say North of our country and maybe that is the reason for a better resale value. The car seems to be maintained well considering the pathetic traffic in Pune plus its a TC so one less point to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Are you planning to mod it ? If so, just save all the headache and buy yourself an N line. Comes fully loaded from factory and it's really good value for money.

If you're planning on keeping it stock, it's still over priced for what it offers today in the current market scenario.Owners are asking all sorts of illogical prices for Polos in the market, just a matter of time before they crash.

Step away and look at the bigger picture, you'll understand especially if it's going to be your only car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy19 View Post
I would say you are paying 1lac more, I myself bought at 2020 POLO GT TSI, just 2 weeks back for 8lacs , and it was bought through MODY VW kandivali, i would say my car was in even better spec as it has all the above mentioned upgrades plus some more, like upgrade to philips LED bulbs, upgraded VW seat cover, UV cut film for windscreen and ceramic coating with 1yr warranty still left.
Now added to this MODY VW added all the polo accessories they had in inventory and some goodies adding some pictures

Right price in my opinion for 1.0TSI polo would be 6.5-7lacs for the manual one and 7.5 to 8 lacs for automatic ones and the best spec would be HIGHLINE PLUS as it has rear AC vents, comes with 2 electronic keys and rear charging socket.

I understand these Polo are hard to come by, but never buy anything out of FOMO.

VW sold around 300-400 1.0 TSI cars every month for approx 18months, believe me there are better deals out there.
Well thank you everyone for the suggestions, it looks like I'm going to wait more for a better deal, let the polo craze settle down a bit and buy it when the saying becomes true, "Škoda-Volkswagen cars don't have good resale value"

If anyone else is looking, the car is still at Volkswagen Hadapsar, BU bhandari Pune. +919130033241
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:45   #1072
BHPian

I installed component speakers in the front and added an under seat subwoofer, in my Polo. Both, speakers as well as sub were from my previous car. I had removed them before selling the car. So it was just installation cost - done through an accessory shop.

Here I'm adding some observations:

In factory setup - the front speakers mainly play mid and high; and rear play low and mid - it is noticeable. The factory fit front speakers are made of paper cone and are driven by puny magnet about 2-3" diameter; I believe the rear would not be any different.

The shop tapped subwoofer to rear speaker (speaker level input to sub). As I mentioned, the OEM HU does some processing to feed lows to rear speakers. But the most interesting thing is, the below standard rear speakers (assuming they are no better than the front) are able to produce some bass in factory setup. And after hooking up the subwoofer, I know how. The HU boosts lows so much, that, to keep the bass in check, the volume knob on the newly installed sub, had to be kept at around 5-7 percent! I checked numerous times, if I increase the volume level even to 10%, bass becomes unbearable.

For reference, in my previous car, the same sub needed to be set at about 30% for natural sounding bass with aftermarket Blaupunkt HU - hooked to pre-out.

In conclusion, most of the weightlifting is actually done by the HU in this system.

Last edited by akshye : 26th July 2023 at 10:53.
akshye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:53   #1073
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4850.jpg

After clocking in 50000 kilometres in my stock Good Year I bid them goodbye yesterday and swapped them with a brand new set of Yokohama Blu earth GT. Initial impressions were the ride is way more silent on higher speeds in a way that I can hear the engine more clearly and the way the tires absorbed small to medium potholes impeccably when compared to the Good Years. Will keep an eye on mileage and grip levels for future.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:38   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

I can't quite agree with this.
I20 N line automatic cost 15L on road in Bangalore. That is about 6 L more than the Polo he is getting for.
Also this facelift Polo has all the necessary features except paddle shifters in my opinion.
I would say space is the only negative factor.
Also there are no hot hatches available near 10L now. Even the Altroz non turbo DCA costs 12L on road.
Polo is still a competent product for an enthusiast.
anoopvk268 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 09:23   #1075

For the first time, I had this weird bug yesterday where engine rpm kept fluctuating between 900 and 1100 rpm every second while idling.

The AC was off so the grunt was audible everytime. Restarting the engine fixed it but should I be worried?
Old 1st September 2023, 00:59   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijivishu View Post
For the first time, I had this weird bug yesterday where engine rpm kept fluctuating between 900 and 1100 rpm every second while idling.

The AC was off so the grunt was audible everytime. Restarting the engine fixed it but should I be worried?
I’ve had the same exact thing happen twice till now, first one when the car was just a month old and second when it was 10 months old. Each time i switched off and restarted the car solving the “issue”. So far so good.
gt3t0uring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 16:59   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
After a year of no hassles, the Polo decided to spring a surprise just before I was planning to take it for a spin to Valsad tomorrow morning.
Totally slipped off my mind to update this thread. Wont go into too much details but here's what happened.

- Mumbai North VW Service Centre identified this as an issue of faulty EVAPCANIST. Since the car is under warranty, they got it replaced free of charge.
- After driving the car for another 200 kms, the CEL once again reappeared on the console.
- This time i decided to route it to VW Downtown who sent their chap to pickup the vehicle.
- After scanning, once again the issue triggering this CEL was a faulty EVAPCANIST.
- Since Downtown was aware this is the same issue that had appeared 2 weeks back and had to be replaced, they requested me to wait for a couple of more days so that they raise this issue to VW technical team.
- VW techincal folks got back with a resolution to replace the EVAPCANIST and the purge valvles to make sure there are no issues, they also recommended the folks at Downtown to test drive the vehicle for about 50 kms before handing he vehicle to me.
- Downtown test drove the vehicle for about 50kms and later they got a driver to drop the car at my place (which is about 50 kms from their service centre), so a total of 100 kms were driven after the fix without any issues.

Since then, the car has munched about 1000 kms without any issues and continues to draw smiles on our faces when we (me and wife drive it).

Super pleased with the way VW Downtown tackled this issue for me. They did not have the atitude of fix whats faulty but did some root cause analysis along with the VW technical team to make sure the car does not face anything later on.

Sorry for the fairly long post. Cheers!
sameer_vwagner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 18:10   #1078
BHPian

Can anyone help me out in finding the engine number of polo 1.0?
I found the vin number near windshield.
Old 5th September 2023, 17:12   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Can anyone help me out in finding the engine number of polo 1.0?
I found the vin number near windshield.
Share the Vin no first, only then engine no can be found.
Old 5th September 2023, 17:20   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Share the Vin no first, only then engine no can be found.
I did not understand.
I am required to give a photograph of engine number on the car for self inspection for insurance renewal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks