Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 10:49   #1021
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Since the TSI Rapid thread is kind of dead, I am posting my query here. My 2021 Rapid TSI has an issue with Rear Power windows. The Auto One touch up feature does not work as expected. It goes half way up and then rolls back down. I have to incrementally press the switch to close it all the way up.

I have taken my car to the ASC multiple times. They usually clean the windows, beadings and it works for a while before returning to the same condition again. The other 3 power windows work perfectly fine.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and have managed to resolve it?
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 10:40   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
35,000 Kms small update:
- Have started getting service reminder already, due in 2300 kms. The car keeps giving reminder for service at every 7.5k kms, even though the interval is 15k. Pretty sure it is just a checkup reminder.
On your next service from vw, request them to set the Service reminder at 15k kms, as per VW policy. VW service centres are notoriously setting the reminders at 7.5k blaming VW has asked them to check vehicles every 7.5k kms and charge you around ₹2500 for that. On approaching VW customer care centre I was informed that there is no such policy in place and I only need to come after 15k kms, and now the service cente resets my reminder to 15k kms after VW told them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Has anyone faced a similar issue and have managed to resolve it?
This is a common issue with the Ventos and Rapids. The switch module needs to be changed and once done you won't face a problem.
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 09:10   #1023
BHPian

Hi all,

Does anybody else here notice steering vibrations/shuddering when braking at high speeds? That has been the case since day one, but it shouldn't be normal. I used to think that was the ABS working, but I guess ABS works at much higher frequencies and shouldn't really be felt on the steering. What could be the issue?
vedirah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 10:01   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody else here notice steering vibrations/shuddering when braking at high speeds? That has been the case since day one, but it shouldn't be normal. I used to think that was the ABS working, but I guess ABS works at much higher frequencies and shouldn't really be felt on the steering. What could be the issue?
Common issue on most Polos/Ventos post 2014 due to substandard brake rotors made by TVS. Rotors warp and lead to shuddering while braking from high speeds.

You can consider getting them skimmed once though I am not sure if VW would void warranty for this. They find reasons to void warranty. Check once with your SA on what course of action to take next.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 21:56   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Just want to alert 1.0 TSI AT owners who have installed engine guard.
I just told them to cut off the area from the guard that was rubbing and left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
How did I mitigate the engine guard rubbing against the gearbox oil sump in the Polo 1.0 TSI?
Thank you both for sharing this. I got my engine guard installed almost a year ago and haven’t noticed anything yet but will surely take a peep tomorrow to check. My annual service is about 2 months away.

Would either of you have the part number with you? I was also told that the guard is different for AT and MT. The part number that I’ve installed is 6RG805PET kit.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 23:29   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody else here notice steering vibrations/shuddering when braking at high speeds? That has been the case since day one. What could be the issue?
This is due to the substandard brake pads by TVS; I switched to EBC for my 2021 Polo and haven't noticed the vibrations or shuddering after the upgrade.

Changing brake pads alone will solve the issue, as yours is a new model.
TeaYesEye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:58   #1027
BHPian

To the people who own the last batches of the gt / polo / vento, have you been experiencing the AC is working in an erratic manner (sometimes may be good, sometimes may be bad) as I have been off late experiencing the bad bit frequently. Is it just mine or is this how it works coz my dads OG 2011 vento ac works like a charm till date and living in Chennai I end up driving with sweaty palms and back with this mediocre AC.
Old 26th April 2023, 19:35   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
To the people who own the last batches of the gt / polo / vento, have you been experiencing the AC is working in an erratic manner (sometimes may be good, sometimes may be bad) as I have been off late experiencing the bad bit frequently. Is it just mine or is this how it works coz my dads OG 2011 vento ac works like a charm till date and living in Chennai I end up driving with sweaty palms and back with this mediocre AC.
To get around this I set the temperature to the lowest after starting AC and it works all the time. Previously I was setting temperature to 23 which used to take a lot of time to reach and till then it was mostly normal air getting circulated.
Old 28th April 2023, 12:43   #1029

Quote:
Just want to alert 1.0 TSI AT owners who have installed engine guard.

So during 30,000 kms service, the mechanic pointed out that the guard is rubbing with the gearbox oil sump. He created a gap by not putting the clips in place. I went to VW SC yesterday to get the car lifted and checked again (at 32,700kms).
My GT Legend edition is due for the 1st year service and I've booked a service appointment at PPS Bangalore. I had also got the engine guard installed from VW Kochi a few months back. But as sinharishi mentioned, there was a noise from the front left which I initially thought might be from the suspension. But PPS Nagawara folks lifted the car up and showed me that the clamps for fixing this guard is a bit loose and it seems to be shaking especially when going over not so smooth roads. The SA then told me that there is a bush (which was unavailable at that time) which could fix this better. They tried tightening the bolts / clamps but the sound persists. I'm not sure if the noise is because of the guard rubbing against the gearbox oil sump because the SA kind of showed that if you push it by hand, there was a noise.

I'm really at a loss to decide what to do here, the noise is very annoying and I'm thinking to removing the engine guard if they don't have the bush or whatever the SA had told me in Jan. But if I do remove it, the 10k I paid for the part would be a waste.

Another issue I see is, when I flick on the indicators and turn the steering wheel, there is an unusual clicking/creaking noise as if something is rubbing against something. I know there is a click when you turn, but this seems to persist if I move the steering back and forth when the indicators are flicked on. Anyone seen this? Is this a concern, say with the steering column?

I'm otherwise happy with the car and its a joy to drive.
Old 8th May 2023, 14:46   #1030
BHPian

Hey guys - need a small favour from you all. I use this additive for my Vento TSi (1.2L) https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-g001780m3-28708729/

Can i use this for my 1.0L Polo GT TSi?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th May 2023, 09:33   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legender View Post

I'm really at a loss to decide what to do here, the noise is very annoying and I'm thinking to removing the engine guard if they don't have the bush or whatever the SA had told me in Jan. But if I do remove it, the 10k I paid for the part would be a waste.
Check this post : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5528889 (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review)

I was in a similar situation and have shared the resolution.
Old 14th May 2023, 01:11   #1032
BHPian

Hi Guys
Got the general inspection done today, the steering was vibrating on braking at 80~100kph speeds since last few 7~8k kms so bit the bullet today and got the discs+pads changed. Odo stands at 28500 now and I don't want any surprises till the next service
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-pxl_20230513_064207078.jpg

Workshop had the Made in Germany Discs!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-pxl_20230513_064151516.jpg

Pads from Brakes India, which initially I thought is not TVS however when the packet was opened I found out that those were TVS only

Had one query though, I spotted this slight bulge on the sidewall of front left tyre, should I move it to the rear or get the tyre changed after sometime.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-pxl_20230513_071201311.jpg
TSI47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 11:06   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI47 View Post

Had one query though, I spotted this slight bulge on the sidewall of front left tyre, should I move it to the rear or get the tyre changed after sometime.
Something similar happened with my tyre. But the bulge seemed to get bigger with a few weeks.

Finally I used this an opportunity to swap two of the stock tyres with UC6 - and I have to say, this is something I should have done when I got the car out of the showroom. Big difference in smoothness of drive. I’m gonna replace the two other tyres soon as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_3860.jpeg  

Old 23rd May 2023, 02:37   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
How did I mitigate the engine guard rubbing against the gearbox oil sump in the Polo 1.0 TSI?

I have a 2022 Polo Legend AT with me and have been regularly posting updates. I installed an engine guard for Polo in the month of December after reading the posts of many of my friends here in Team BHP.
Thanks for sharing this great fix. While I haven't noticed any such issues yet, I will definitely be a lot more watchful for this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Thank you both for sharing this. I got my engine guard installed almost a year ago and haven’t noticed anything yet but will surely take a peep tomorrow to check. My annual service is about 2 months away.

Would either of you have the part number with you? I was also told that the guard is different for AT and MT. The part number that I’ve installed is 6RG805PET kit.
This is the same kit that I perhaps installed as well, and haven't noticed this rubbing issue. Would be great if you could share updates once you check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI47 View Post
Hi Guys
Got the general inspection done today, the steering was vibrating on braking at 80~100kph speeds since last few 7~8k kms so bit the bullet today and got the discs+pads changed. Odo stands at 28500 now and I don't want any surprises till the next service
Attachment 2450915

Workshop had the Made in Germany Discs!

Attachment 2450916

Pads from Brakes India, which initially I thought is not TVS however when the packet was opened I found out that those were TVS only

Attachment 2450917
Next time, you can try ATE Stock Replacement Brake pads on the Stock rotor. I felt the braking performance was a lot better compared to the TVS Girling localised Brake pads. I have written about them in brief here (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Something similar happened with my tyre. But the bulge seemed to get bigger with a few weeks.

Finally I used this an opportunity to swap two of the stock tyres with UC6 - and I have to say, this is something I should have done when I got the car out of the showroom. Big difference in smoothness of drive. I’m gonna replace the two other tyres soon as well.
You might have unknowingly driven through a deep pothole. I noticed a similar bulge on a tyre, when I went through a bad pothole. I was advised to replace the tyres, due to the suspicion of a broken steel chord inside the sidewall. Better be safe than sorry and so eventually, I replaced the tyre, but kept the original tyre around, which later just didn't have the stereotypical ruptured tyre chord.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 23rd May 2023 at 02:38.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 21:52   #1035
BHPian

Took the little one to Guptkashi over the weekend. Odo has crossed 38k kms. For the first time engaged 5th gear in the hills, drove her in MT for most part. In hindsight, it was a good call to take the Polo, my legs were literally dead after trekking both ways to Kedarnath.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4862.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4825.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4676.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4668.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_4653.jpeg

sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks