Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 20:04   #631
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Try Volkswagen Mehidipatnam: Mody Motors. The experience is good!!! Mr Mustafa/Mr Nagraj. I have some good memories of their attention to detail and accomodative attitude.

Regards
Bharath
Thank you so much! I will take my car over the weekend.
Old 10th February 2022, 21:15   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhik94 View Post
I have seen numerous posts about the fraudulent activities at PPS Motors service center in Hyderabad.
Quite surprised with your comment. I have been getting my cars serviced at PPS Motors at Khajaguda for more than a decade. I never felt cheated. Initially, they lacked customary empathy. But since 2016 or so, I find them quite consistent in their service.

As part of service they used to add AC cleaning automatically to the job card, but you just need to tell them that you don't need it. Other than this, I can't think of any 'fraudulent activities'.

Can you please elaborate, or point me to a post that has this?
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 00:14   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Quite surprised with your comment. I have been getting my cars serviced at PPS Motors at Khajaguda for more than a decade. I never felt cheated. Initially, they lacked customary empathy. But since 2016 or so, I find them quite consistent in their service.

As part of service they used to add AC cleaning automatically to the job card, but you just need to tell them that you don't need it. Other than this, I can't think of any 'fraudulent activities'.

Can you please elaborate, or point me to a post that has this?

Hey Shifu,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not sure how to add a link to another thread. If you search for "Fraud at VW Hyderabad- PPS Motors", I see several bhpians have shared their horror stories. I do see that since mid of 2016 there aren't any updates in the thread, hence the confusion.

The PPS Motors Madinaguda Service Center is 2 minutes away from my place. So any experiences or information about a particular person who i can contact would be of amazing help.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th February 2022 at 10:11. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 11th February 2022, 07:45   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shifu,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am not sure how to add a link to another thread. If you search for "Fraud at VW Hyderabad- PPS Motors", I see several bhpians have shared their horror stories. I do see that since mid of 2016 there aren't any updates in the thread, hence the confusion.
Thanks. Looked it up now. Never saw that thread before.

Quote:
The PPS Motors Madinaguda Service Center is 2 minutes away from my place. So any experiences or information about a particular person who i can contact would be of amazing help.
Will DM!
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:57   #635
BHPian

Hi, I am planning on the exact same variant. Would you be able to share some of your ownership experiences over the period that you have had this car? Thanks!
Old 15th February 2022, 08:25   #636
BHPian

Completed 1000 kms with the Matt GT TSI. Spamming this thread with a few clicks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-7dd5be071ac04ca6a731254bddffb668.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-ccc1e6126a2c4b408ca7977496dd7d4a.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-76b06a1dbbb140deb9fc7963fb8c819f.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-480f818f31a447e19b6d84674c00911e.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-f01d1b6c55cb41c68b3a342b2d70db4f.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-218040af918b435ba984e479788ac47a.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-f74771a8fa964f97bcc866781a7c268c.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-bfa879e685354bf2bf171e610c13078d.jpeg  

satya180 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 12:42   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Completed 1000 kms with the Matt GT TSI. Spamming this thread with a few clicks.
Congratulations Satya! Wishing you many million miles on that beauty. That is one stunning looking car! I haven't seen the car in person yet, but from pictures it is a looker. I had booked a Matt edition myself, but couldn't take delivery before the colour was discontinued. So I settled for the next best shade - the carbon steel grey in glossy finish. Still, sometimes I find myself wondering how different the car would have looked in the matt finish!
Old 15th February 2022, 19:21   #638
BHPian

Closing in on 3000 km with this blue dynamite!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-inshot_20220215_191224970.jpg

It's a colour that makes you turn around to take a look after you park it! I wonder why they've discontinued it

Loving the way this engine pulls all the way to the redline! Even with 4-5 adults in the car there is no sign of struggle and it just delivers. Have a few outstation trips planned soon, the car is pretty planted and feels solid at triple digits speeds on the highways too!
Shreyas_H is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 21:05   #639
BHPian

A quick update on completing 5,000 on odometer..

Looking at a few fellow BHPians naming their cars, we have named our as the Flanker (NATO reporting for Sukhoi-30).

The last 10 weeks saw the Flanker do 4 trips to Pune, 1 to Alibaug, 4 to Talasari and 1 to Gujarat (Vadodara, Anand and Surat) from Vasai.

Am listing down a few observations:

- The drive to GJ was a breeze. Upgrading to the Yokohama Earth-1 tyres was a good thing.
- Post 4500 kms, the Flanker is giving a steady mileage of 20+ on highways (2 people, 2 suitcases and 2 laptop bags)
- Although the manual suggests 95-Octane, I have been filling it up with the Shell petrol (normal, not v-power) and have had good results.
- I tried 95-octane on 2 occassions and frankly did not register any improvement in the fuel efficiency.
- The beeps after 80kmph are irritating to another level.
- Upgrade to LED bulbs was a welcome change as it just improved visibility. I got the headlamps and the fog lamps changed to white LEDs.
- On the insistance of my tyre fellow, opted for TPMS. Am reasonably happy with it. These are the JK Tyres branded ones.

Leaving you all with one more picture of the Flanker..
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-flanker.jpg  

sameer_vwagner is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:37   #640
BHPian

Guys, I have some bad news. My less than two weeks old car has been vandalised. Someone keyed their way through the hatch and the rear bumper. I can't make out whether the scratch is only on the clear coat or on the paint, but it feels like the clear coat is compromised.

My question is, does Volkswagen repair these scratches to good OEM quality finish? Has anyone experienced Volkswagen dealer level painting or touch up?
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 09:20   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Guys, I have some bad news. My less than two weeks old car has been vandalised. Someone keyed their way through the hatch and the rear bumper. I can't make out whether the scratch is only on the clear coat or on the paint, but it feels like the clear coat is compromised.

My question is, does Volkswagen repair these scratches to good OEM quality finish? Has anyone experienced Volkswagen dealer level painting or touch up?
Oh lord!

Yes, the VW service people do a great job in that. My experience is from my Vento which had a dent and a few scratches on the RHS quarter panel. Folks at BU Bhandari did a fabulous job.

Some Bangalore based fellow BHPian can help you with a good service advisor & service centre.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 12:20   #642
BHPian

Hi,
I recently purchased Polo TSI. After usual commute, I found that the 3 times blinking of the lane change indicator is not sufficient (it's too short a time to actually complete the lane change maneuver).

Is there any way to program it to 5 blinks? Any support is appreciated!
Old 17th February 2022, 08:33   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
VTEC_Powaaaa, congratulations for the car! It’s still a brilliant and quality car. We recently took delivery of the Vento TSI too and it’s an amazing car. Enjoy the Polo!

BTW, can you share the details about the Dual-Tone Horn? I ordered low-tone Horn (Part No.: 6RF951221B) from Boodmo and they are taking too long to deliver, it’s been almost 15 Days but they still haven’t dispatched it. Even my ASC doesn’t have it in stock. Any details about it will be helpful.

PS: VW now uses ‘HITGT’ horns for Polo/Vento while earlier cars used to get ‘Made in Spain’ Horns from Clarton. They sounded more pleasant. How is the output from your Dual-Tone Horns currently? For those who are interested, the connector for horn is already present on the right side of the car behind the headlight harness. It’s just the horn that’s required to get Dual-Tone Horn upgrade.
Are clamps and brackets not required? Does every Polo comes with a hole to hold the horn or we need to drill a hole?
Phukan23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 10:05   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
Hi,
Is there any way to program it to 5 blinks? Any support is appreciated!
This can be done easily through VCD coding. There are a lot of folks who provide this service. I got it done in my Polo TSI from "drcodemyvw". They provide remote support too. You may search on instagram and they will respond. Along with number of blinks, they unlock a lot a lot of other useful features. Good Luck
thisissoumya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 13:04   #645
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
Are clamps and brackets not required? Does every Polo comes with a hole to hold the horn or we need to drill a hole?
Yes, they are required.

Horn comes like this:
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-ad50f0a9fe074da3a68c53396fd819a8.jpeg

It’s attached to the frame using this (has to be bought separately):
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-cc72e6fa3f2d45babe21e37f4aaa6f7c.jpeg

Hole is already provided in the frame to attach the horn.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks