Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2021, 00:05   #361

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Many thanks, Akshath, I have had numerous discussions with Arjun, I was keen when he mentioned that the honeycomb design found on the Seltos can be made, but his updates on whatsapp status are a bit skeptical in terms of design and quality.

Would be really really thankful if you may share some pics here and the price that is being offered. Many many thanks for all your help.
Hey - I'm unable to DM on the forum yet, but if you could DM me your contact details, I can share further information with you.
akshathmithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 08:10   #362
BHPian

Quick update on my Polo. 6 months, 2 services and 4500 kms completed. Nothing major to report post installation of new seat covers a couple of months ago. The car continues to be a hoot to drive. Did a 600km road trip one way this weekend. Topped up with shell v-power(heart burn at Rs116/L). The good news though is that this time around I managed to get a range of 550kms for the full tank as opposed to my previous best of 450 on the same route. This pretty much had to do with sedate driving and the fact that there wasn’t too much traffic. The car is a dream on the highways as always, pulls like a train, that too for an auto box with a puny 1L engine. I love it
Endless.... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 10:57   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Topped up with shell v-power(heart burn at Rs116/L).
Don’t waste your money on V-power, it’s just normal 91 Ron with additives. Try to find a IOCL bunk near you that has XP95 (95 Ron). Will be perfect for your 1.0 TSI and the best part is the price, last time I checked (a week back) it was around Rs.105/L.
Yakuza is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 08:38   #364
BHPian

Thank you for the pointer on XP95. I will give it a shot on my return journey. I don’t always use V-Power, limited to long highway trips only, that too one way. Over the years I’ve noticed that both my Rapid 1.6 petrol and the Polo give better mileage when running on V-power. Verified claim since I don’t have access to the same fuel on my return leg and the mileage is most certainly lower by around 10%. Then there is also a ‘perceived’ notion of a smoother engine, but then again we are now entering snake oil territory 🤣 Thank you again. Will post feedback on XP 95 over the weekend.
Old 5th July 2021, 09:50   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Over the years I’ve noticed that both my Rapid 1.6 petrol and the Polo give better mileage when running on V-power. Verified claim since I don’t have access to the same fuel on my return leg and the mileage is most certainly lower by around 10%.
One point here is that depending on where your destination was, returning to BLR is usually 1-2km/Lt less because of the elevation of the city itself. This is my experience over 15 years in BLR.

Don't know if this can be a reason? . Regardless, XP95 is very well priced , and I have already moved both my Octavia TSI & 330i to it.
Old 5th July 2021, 11:02   #366

Quick update on my Polo HP AT. It's been close to three months since I had my hand on the car. It drives well and haven't had any issues till now. Owing to the lockdown and the pandemic, have only managed to drive 1400 kms in these three months. Getting a decent 16 kms to the litre on the highways and around 9-10 in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img3674.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img3675.jpg  

pptk1158 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 19:14   #367
BHPian

Took delivery of Lapiz Blue Polo HL+ AT on the 1st July. Clocked 850 kms over the weekend. Will be taking her for 1k kms check-up later this week.

The spoiler has arrived at the dealership and will be ready to be fitted during the check-up. Also plan to get the bulbs upgraded.

Meet Sapphire:

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210704_155244.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210704_114556.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210703_140347.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210703_140224.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210703_140630.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 20:43   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Took delivery of Lapiz Blue Polo HL+ AT on the 1st July. Clocked 850 kms over the weekend. Will be taking her for 1k kms check-up later this week.
Wow, nice and dirty. How did it perform in the hills? Was it fun to push it around the corners (I am assuming you did ) ?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 21:51   #369
BHPian

Quote:

The spoiler has arrived at the dealership and will be ready to be fitted during the check-up. Also plan to get the bulbs upgraded.

Meet Sapphire:
Congratulations! I'm getting the same color delivered on Wednesday! How much are you being charged for the spoiler?
Old 5th July 2021, 22:31   #370

Quote:

Meet Sapphire:

Congratulations on the sweet ride!

What was the waiting period?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2021 at 10:31. Reason: trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 9th July 2021, 21:28   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Lapiz Blue Polo HL+ AT on the 1st July.
Polo in Lapiz blue looks smashing! You'll need to pamper your ride with some paint protection for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Congratulations! I'm getting the same color delivered on Wednesday! How much are you being charged for the spoiler?
I see you're from Mumbai and assuming you got the car delivery by now.
Aren't there any issues from RTO towards car registration? Autobahn Mumbai tells me that car registrations are slow/on-hold for sometime and I've been waiting for 3 weeks just to get the car registered.
Fyi, GT Spoiler comes for 8k.
Old 10th July 2021, 00:47   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post

I see you're from Mumbai and assuming you got the car delivery by now.
Aren't there any issues from RTO towards car registration? Autobahn Mumbai tells me that car registrations are slow/on-hold for sometime and I've been waiting for 3 weeks just to get the car registered.
Fyi, GT Spoiler comes for 8k.
Yes I got the car delivered! Took a day extra but RTO is definitely functional and not on hold. Saw 3 cars delivered same day as mine.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 10:37   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
How did it perform in the hills? Was it fun to push it around the corners (I am assuming you did) ?
The AT hold the gears till 4K rpm on inclines. The climb to Lavasa and Khambatki ghat was done with absolute ease. Did not push the car as I am riding on MRFs ZVTV.

Spoke to 5+ dealers and all refused buyback as there are hardly any customers for MRF ZVTV in 195/55/R16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
How much are you being charged for the spoiler?
Congratulations! I paid 10K for the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post

What was the waiting period?
From booking the car to delivery took 2 weeks, the color was in stock.

Quote:
Polo in Lapiz blue looks smashing! You'll need to pamper your ride with some paint protection for sure.

Aren't there any issues from RTO towards car registration?
Yeah, will get ceramic coating done later this month when I take her to NCR. I was told 10 days from billing the car but registration took 2 days only!
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 11:22   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, will get ceramic coating done later this month when I take her to NCR. I was told 10 days from billing the car but registration took 2 days only!
Could you please share the dealer name if that's OK? Also shouldn't the ceramic done when the car is new?
Old 10th July 2021, 11:58   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the dealer name if that's OK? Also shouldn't the ceramic done when the car is new?
Volkswagen North (Mody Auto Corp). Yes, it has to be, I am a noob when it comes to detailing, paint protection etc. Leaving it to my bhpian friends in Delhi/NCR.

Last edited by sinharishi : 10th July 2021 at 12:22.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks