Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 02:16   #481
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Do you really expect companies to respond to every media claim? They won't, unless it causes any damage to the company.

As for the official confirmation, there was one. And there's even a thread on this : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ransition.html (Tata Motors completes BS6 Phase II transition)
Old 24th April 2023, 12:17   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
When every media house was blatantly lying about Altroz diesel being discontinued after BS6 Ph II rollout, why Tata Motors did not come up with their official statement?
I am saying this because I can see Altroz diesel is on sale still today.
Even deliveries are happening across the country.
Does anyone have any official information?
Here is a video of how the BS6.2 Altroz Diesel sounds. It can also be seen that it's BS6.2 because it is specifically mentioned beside the chassis number.
Old 7th May 2023, 10:07   #483
BHPian

Tata has updated the brochure and the features from iCNG is carried over to other varients with a price hike:

https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/a...n-brochure.pdf
Old 15th May 2023, 21:56   #484

Hello folks,

Having just joined Team BHP, let me introduce myself. My name is Viraj and I'm from Mumbai. It gives me immense pleasure to be a part of this community and am looking forward to share and read many interesting stories.

Having used my 2nd hand WagonR (bought it to learn driving) for almost 2 years now, it's time I upgrade and buy my first new car. After much research, I have narrowed down on Altroz iTurbo. Need help with below points before I actually go and book it.

1. Does it make sense to buy one in 2023 over Kiger (my other shortlisted car)
2. Has anyone bought Tata cars via Wasan Tata? I have been given big promises of car delivery in 2 weeks, which I personally feel is being overdone just to make me book faster.
3. I have heard a lot about the quality of Tata service being a hit or miss. Has there been any improvement on this front?
4. If bought, this will be a long term vehicle. I know Altroz has been around for just three years, but I would like to know if the car is reliable? I ask this as I don't intend to drive in city and the car is most likely going to be used for Highway drives to my native with my Mother. Would hate to be stuck in the middle of highway with my mum.

Thank you once again,
Viraj.

Last edited by Unohu : 15th May 2023 at 22:09.
Unohu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 19:49   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
Tata has updated the brochure and the features from iCNG is carried over to other varients with a price hike:

https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/a...n-brochure.pdf
Although the brochure has been updated, the price of the incoming Altroz is not yet revealed. I'm in the market to buy an Altroz iTurbo XZ+. Not very keen on a Sunroof but I definitely want a Shark Finn antenna on such a beautiful looking car.

However, there is no mention of the updated price for the new XZ+(S); S being the sunroof edition on the website. And when I visited the Wasan Tata showroom, they do not have any idea on the price or when will the upgrade take effect. They did offer to take a pre-booking of it though. In a limbo whether I should book the current Altroz or wait for the new version
Old 18th May 2023, 22:26   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unohu View Post
Although the brochure has been updated, the price of the incoming Altroz is not yet revealed. I'm in the market to buy an Altroz iTurbo XZ+. Not very keen on a Sunroof but I definitely want a Shark Finn antenna on such a beautiful looking car.

However, there is no mention of the updated price for the new XZ+(S); S being the sunroof edition on the website. And when I visited the Wasan Tata showroom, they do not have any idea on the price or when will the upgrade take effect. They did offer to take a pre-booking of it though. In a limbo whether I should book the current Altroz or wait for the new version
I’m in the similar boat and is waiting for the newer version for the sake of Rear USB charging socket and Shark finn antenna .
Not too keen about the sunroof as it will lower down the headroom.

The CNG varient would be launched this month so expect the features to be distributed to the regular varients at the same time.

Another thing to note is they’ve removed leatherette seat covers and excluded Air purifier from XZ+(S) which is a shame IMHO.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 00:08   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
I’m in the similar boat and is waiting for the newer version for the sake of Rear USB charging socket and Shark finn antenna .
Not too keen about the sunroof as it will lower down the headroom.

The CNG varient would be launched this month so expect the features to be distributed to the regular varients at the same time.

Another thing to note is they’ve removed leatherette seat covers and excluded Air purifier from XZ+(S) which is a shame IMHO.
Yes. And and the omission isn't limited to that. They have also removed IRA, smartphone connectivity, location based service gasification etc. However, I don't think this is a deal breaker. I anyway didn't see myself using much of those. But will miss the leather seats
But the plus side is I am hoping this will keep the price very competitive. I'll probably just go ahead and book the xz+s and if they price it absurdly then I'll go with the regular xz+ and will try and ignore the ugly antenna on top
Unohu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:22   #488
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata Altroz to get XM+ (S) Petrol, Diesel & CNG variants

According to a media report, Tata Motors is likely to introduce a new mid-spec variant of the Altroz. The new 'XM+ (S)' trim is expected to be positioned between the 'XM+' and 'XT' trims and could be offered with all three powertrain options.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-2021tataaltrozturbo01-1.jpg

The report also states that the XM+ (S) variant will get a few additional features over the XM+ trim. These include a shark fin antenna, a digital instrument cluster for the CNG version, a knitted roof liner and rain-sensing wipers.

The Altroz XM+ (S) will be offered with the usual set of petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol unit puts out 87 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 15 Nm @ 3,250 rpm, while the 1.5-litre turbo diesel puts out 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,250-3,000 rpm. The new variant will also be available with a CNG powertrain.

Source: Carwale
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 13:00   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Rumour: Tata Altroz to get XM+ (S) Petrol, Diesel & CNG variants

The Altroz XM+ (S) will be offered with the usual set of petrol and diesel engines. The 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol unit puts out 87 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 15 Nm @ 3,250 rpm, while the 1.5-litre turbo diesel puts out 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,250-3,000 rpm. The new variant will also be available with a CNG powertrain.

Source: Carwale
IIRC the diesel is already discontinued in altroz correct?
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 13:59   #490
BHPian

Hope Tata offers three adjustable rear head restraints as a standard feature across the variants soon. Or else the 5 star safety score won't be of much use in real world for the lower trim levels especially.
Old 19th May 2023, 15:18   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
IIRC the diesel is already discontinued in altroz correct?
No, it is the only diesel hatchback on sale in India now.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 15:22   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
No, it is the only diesel hatchback on sale in India now.
An ace up the sleeve - that TaMo seems to be wasting away rather terribly. Such a dynamically sorted diesel hatchback which is fun to drive. If only TaMo shoves in some sort of an AT in the mix, while sacrificing some margin at the beginning. It will set the sales charts alight I suspect. Even an AMT for that matter like the Nexon! As a stop gap - it will do. Unless - they already intend to surprise us with the DCA...Sigh.

Rather than a sunroof (dhuh) the Diesel Altroz begs for an automatic transmission IMHO.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 23:35   #493

TATA should launch the performance version of ALTROZ....something like 1.5 newly developed turbo petrol engine.
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:06   #494

So Tata have officially unveiled their prices for the iCNG on their website. Hopefully the Sunroof and the shark fin antennas feature will be carried forward to the petrol, turbo and diesel variants.

What's your take on the prices?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20230522_135948_samsung-internet.jpg  

Old 26th May 2023, 21:15   #495
BHPian

Dear Team BHP ians,

I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days. Already started a thread in the Assembly Line with guidance from GTO. Will try to cover everything related to my purchase and share the long term term reviews as well.

In search for the accessories. Below are my choices with links, where applicable. Kindly give feedback on the same and suggest alternatives where required.

Accessories:

Since i've chosen the XZA+ variant, there is no much scope for accessories. Here is the list of the accessories i opted for:
  • 7D premium mats - INR 7,843/-
  • 3D Trunk mat - INR 3,014/-
  • Mud Flaps - INR 911/-
  • Scuff Plate LED (Front two doors only) - INR 3,586/- - Not interested in this costly one, as it covers only front 2 doors. No protection for rear
  • Body side molding - INR 3,264/-
  • Door Visor - INR 3,276/-
  • Door Edge guards - Free (as i jokingly asked for discount)
  • Body cover - INR 2,329
  • Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Toal sum - INR 24,623/-
Discount - INR 5,000/- (for instant booking made)
Showroom discount - 10%
Premium Ceramic Coating + Under Chassis treatment + Engine coating + Silencer coating - INR 25,000/-
Total amount: INR 42,660/-

Kindly advise if any other things need to be included from the dealership. Also suggest some useful accessories which will make sense in long term

I've thought of the following:
  • Door Sill/Foot Step Stainless Steel Plates Set of 4 for for Tata Altroz - INR 899/- (from Amazon)
  • Keyzone® Striped Silicone Key Cover Compatible for Tata Nexon, Harrier, Altroz, Tigor BS6, Punch, Safari 2021, Safari Gold 4 Button Smart Key (Blue with Blue Striped Keychain) - INR 549/- (from Amazon)
  • FABTEC Car Bumper Scratch Guard Strong & Durable Bumper Protector/Bumper Guard Compatible with All Cars (Carbon Style) (Black, Set of 4) | Polyvinyl Chloride - INR 279/- (from Amazon)
  • Kelenate® (Red) 20Pcs Strong Reflective Arrow Decals for Car High-Intensity Night Visibility Diamond Grade Reflective Stickers Safety Warning Waterproof Compatible with Altroz - INR 245/- (from Amazon)
  • US1984 Car High Intensity Reflective Sticker Warning Safety Reflector Strips Universal Car Truck Bumper Reflective Stickers 5 pcs set - 90x3.5 cm (Red) - INR 359/- (from Amazon)
  • FOVERA Orthopedic Memory Foam Coccyx Seat Cushion for Tailbone, Sciatica, Lower Back Pain Relief - Contoured Cushion for Office/Home Chair, Wheelchair (L-Above 80Kg Weight, Mesh Black, Pack of 1) - INR 1,249/- (from Amazon)
  • ShineXPro Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth - OG Soft 500 GSM Extra Large (35x75 CM) Microfiber Cloth for Car and Bike - Suede Edging for Scratchless Drying and Detailing (Pack of 2) - INR 498/- (from Amazon)
  • HSR Car Accessories in 10PCS/1Set Car Wiper Detergent Effervescent Tablets Washer Auto Windshield Cleaner Glass Wash Cleaning Tablets - INR 159/- (from Amazon)
  • Jopasu Car Duster Combo - INR 985/- (from Amazon)
  • ROYAGO Cotton Universal Car Seat Belt Strap Pad for Adults and Children, Helps Protect Your Neck and Shoulder (Black) - 2 Pack - INR 407/- (from Amazon)
  • Careflection Car Door Reflective Warning Sticker (Red), Plastic - INR 189/- (from Amazon)
  • Petrol Sticker for Car Fuel Tank, self Adhesive Vinyl and Reflective Sticker(13cm X 12cm) - INR 98/- (from Amazon)
  • Automaze U Shape Edge Trim Rubber Strip Seal Protector Car Door Edge Guards for Most Cars (16 ft/5 m, Black) - INR 499/- (from Amazon)
  • 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, ADAS, Built-in GPS Logger, Route Recorder, App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring - INR 11,299/- (from Amazon)

Optional after sometime:
  • Allextreme EXFTCOT1 Universal PU Leather Auto Car Seat Back Organizer with Foldable Dining Table Tray, Multipocket Storage Tablet, Bottle and Tissue Paper Holder (Tan) - INR 682/- (from Amazon)
  • STHIRA® Car Mesh Organizer 3-Layer, Dog Net Between Car Seats,Barrier Backseat Mesh Net for Cars &Trunk, Upgraded Car Netting Bag,Driver Storage Netting Pouch,Automotive Seat Back Organizers (3-Layer) - INR 599/- (from Amazon)
  • EYUVAA LABEL Polyester Tetron Car Trunk Organizer, Backseat Hanging Car Dikki With 8 Close Pockets, 4 Net Pockets, Super Capacity For Daily Car Necessities For All Suvs, Van, Hatchback Cars (Black) - INR 569/- (from Amazon)
  • 4 Pack Car Knee Cushion Pad, Car Armrest Cushion, Auto Center Console Side Knee Leg Elbow Cushion Soft Pad, Elastic Thigh Support Comfort Pillow Knee Pain Relief Leaning Pad Car Interior Accessories - INR 1099/- (from Amazon)

The Unexplainable price difference in accessories at Dealer end

Chose the following accessories through Tata Dealer - Rudra Motors. Sharing the price difference from Tata's official website pricing data in their brochure.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-accessories-price-difference.jpg

No explanation available from dealer.

Tata Motors reply for the query in Twitter is below:

Tata Altroz : Official Review-tata-motors-twitter-handle-reply.jpeg

Still i'm planning to write to Tata Motors at their email with the available details. Similar confusion is there with respect to their variant classification in website to brochure.
ssathiyanarayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks