Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2023, 05:09   #241
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

I sold my 2021 February S-Presso K10B VXI+ (Sizzle Orange colour) in April 2023 and bought S-Presso K10C VXI+ (SOlid Fire Red colour) in July 2023. The fuel efficiency figures are quite good for a new vehicle with K10C engine.
Travel Bright is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 20:07   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bright View Post
I sold my 2021 February S-Presso K10B VXI+ (Sizzle Orange colour) in April 2023 and bought S-Presso K10C VXI+ (SOlid Fire Red colour) in July 2023. The fuel efficiency figures are quite good for a new vehicle with K10C engine.
Dear Travel Bright,
My queries:
1. What is reason for selling K10B Spresso and why went for Spresso in K10C avatar instead of upgrading to higher segment.
2. How much you got for old Spresso and How much for New.
3. Fuel efficiency would be higher in K10C since it have additional technology to improve efficiency like EGR, dual VTVT, dual injector.higher compression ratio,etc.,
Can you give the exact difference in efficiency between K10B and K10C.
4. Other than efficiency , how is the driving experience compared to K10B.

Last edited by kvsneela : 25th August 2023 at 20:10.
kvsneela is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 09:03   #243
BHPian

One of the best cars to drive in Bangalore city. Easily accommodates 4 people and we are having a great time whenever we use it as my nephew bought it in Jan 2023 and so far 5k+ kms on odo. I give double thumbs up for space, overall dimensions, ease of use in small roads and traffic and fuel efficiency. Youngsters and seniors should buy this car as it is great value for money.
raghutk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 12:04   #244
BHPian

One query for all S presso owners out here. My stock infotainment unit still hangs every now and then. But I have observed that whenever it's raining outside the frequency of hanging increases. It stopped responding twice within an hour when it was pouring outside. But after that, I have driven for 12+ hours without a single instance of hanging in dry weather. Do you also experience this once in a while? Is there anything that you have done to remedy this?

This always happens when I am connected through Andriod Auto. Only the display stops responding and the screen doesn't get updated. Otherwise, the background processes still run fine. The songs/gmap audio alerts still work. Just let me know if you have any tips or trips to reduce these instances.
Old 6th October 2023, 12:17   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsneela View Post
Dear Travel Bright,
My queries:
1. What is reason for selling K10B Spresso and why went for Spresso in K10C avatar instead of upgrading to higher segment.
2. How much you got for old Spresso and How much for New.
3. Fuel efficiency would be higher in K10C since it have additional technology to improve efficiency like EGR, dual VTVT, dual injector.higher compression ratio,etc.,
Can you give the exact difference in efficiency between K10B and K10C.
4. Other than efficiency , how is the driving experience compared to K10B.
Also is there any difference in the steering feel, especially the return to centre action.
Old 6th October 2023, 16:20   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfantasy View Post
One query for all S presso owners out here. My stock infotainment unit still hangs every now and then. But I have observed that whenever it's raining outside the frequency of hanging increases. It stopped responding twice within an hour when it was pouring outside. But after that, I have driven for 12+ hours without a single instance of hanging in dry weather. Do you also experience this once in a while? Is there anything that you have done to remedy this?

This always happens when I am connected through Andriod Auto. Only the display stops responding and the screen doesn't get updated. Otherwise, the background processes still run fine. The songs/gmap audio alerts still work. Just let me know if you have any tips or trips to reduce these instances.
Dear Darkfantasy,
While using the same system for more than the year, I have not observed any hanging problems specific to rains. GMaps( in AA) might not respond due to poor or non availability of signal at a particular area. Rains affect data connection more. Once data connection becomes normal Gmaps returns to normalcy. This I have observed many times as I used to take the car to various locations. Also one more observation: Gmaps won't allow typing on the move. Only voice command is allowed. I had many time tried voice command which failed to respond. Did some research and found that while giving voice command we have to speak at the mic which is placed in the headlining. But by mistake I used to talk to the system which does not have mic. So once I started talking to the mic , I have been getting responses.

Last edited by kvsneela : 6th October 2023 at 16:22.
kvsneela is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 08:24   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Been using this car since 2021. No issue with the infotainment system ever.
Works like a charm.
Suggest check your cable or the car's outlets.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 10:59   #248
BHPian

Quote:

I used to have a one plus nord ce 5g which when using android auto in the spresso would hang and auto disconnect within 20 minutes. I did a lot of USB debugging but the issue persisted. It has been about 2 weeks since I started using my new phone a google pixel 7 pro, and the android auto has not misbehaved even once, I drive 50kms every weekday to and from work and plug in the phone for maps and entertainment.

sriku
sriku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 20:06   #249
BHPian

Any suggestions for a handrest for S-Presso that doesn't block or affect applying the handbrake as well?
Old 2nd December 2023, 18:16   #250
BHPian

Replaced the battery as it was showing signs of weakness on starting. Had lasted just 2.5 years and 13 k kms. Standard OEM amaron was replaced by Exide. 3700 rupees for 6 year warranty model.
Nanolover is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 19:40   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Also is there any difference in the steering feel, especially the return to centre action.
My wife got her SPresso VXI(O) AGS Oct 2023 manufactured car. The steering is awkwardly special as it always used to be , won't return to centre. As I said in one of other threads ,I take it as a 'By Design' behaviour now and getting used to it.

It's a learning curve for my wife ,as any and all driving school cars she has ever driven has a steering which we all are used to. SPresso is unique, but she likes the car very much!
TheCamShaft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:23   #252
BHPian

I am planning to get an Spresso as a 2nd car. Considering the tight parking space available any other EV like Tiago is not feasible. I have been quoted Rs. 638000 on road price in Pondicherry and would like to know if this is a good offer to go ahead. Looking to buy a white or red color one.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-spresso-quote.jpg  

Old 14th December 2023, 19:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate driver View Post
I am planning to get an Spresso as a 2nd car. Considering the tight parking space available any other EV like Tiago is not feasible. I have been quoted Rs. 638000 on road price in Pondicherry and would like to know if this is a good offer to go ahead. Looking to buy a white or red color one.
Looks like a good offer to me. You might be able to negotiate on insurance and basic accessories further. In my opinion, grey looks best with minimum accessories, and red looks better only with a good deal of claddings and chrome rings. You can of course select whatever feels better to you.
darkfantasy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 11:49   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate driver View Post
Ex-Showroom price - Did you get the Official Price List and verify? This is the highest I have heard of. For a perspective, in Bangalore Ex-Showroom price for VXI (O) AGS is Rs.5,76,500/. Ofcourse, this can vary with states, but is it really a 30k difference at Pondy?

Insurance - Tell them you will go independently if they don't give a good offer. Maruti Brokered insurance provided 4-5 choices for me and as Maruti was going to broker any claims, I chose the cheapest of the lot.

Accessories - Go into details on what you get for that cost, if you need all of what they offer. Being a simpleton , I didn't go for any of their accessories, and simply purchased a good mat from outside.

Rewards - See if you get any value on Rewards, not worthy in my perspective, however its a minor cost. Take your call!

Wishing you a great purchase and ownership experience. I recently did a 700k highway drive , and I didn't feel I lagged anything with SPresso; I drove it with the same attitude as I do with my Hexa , and the car responded well, to my liking. No lags in overtakes, you just need to press A pedal a bit , it will downshift the gear and give you the right power to do overtakes at will. Overall, I've nothing to complain really so far (the steering is an awkward one but that's well-known, it in no way impedes highway rides)

Last edited by TheCamShaft : 15th December 2023 at 12:05.
TheCamShaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:48   #255
BHPian

Huge December discount (under 6L on road - Himachal. for the VXI+ MT) on the s-presso has finally convinced me to get one as well. Just one available in red. Small cars look better in red and I hope this colour will do a fair job at concealing it's looks.

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20231224wa0010.jpg

I did opt for the extended warranty as I plan to keep this car for the next 15 years and teambhp always recommends it.

For the rest no accessories except for a trunk mat and some black aftermarket prigani wheel caps. The tyres ofcourse will be changed on day 1. That's an upgrade that goes on all my vehicles.

The s-presso will be performing double duty as a travel machine for the non technical hill roads and as a local runabout. For the rest the jimny will suffice.

The low weight and eager puppy 1L engine makes it a popular car here in the hills. I see more of them everyday in Himachal and J&K.

Should get the delivery in a day, Christmas being a holiday. Fingers crossed.
antihero is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks