Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 20:35   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Hello, people. I just want to know what cover, if any, are you using for your Seltos? Is the Seltos Cover by Kia (original accessory) good enough? Are there any drawbacks to it?
I’m using the cover by Kia and have found it pretty decent. It’s not 100% water resistant. I have seen water seeping inside at few places (near the antenna) but it’s much better than all the covers I had before. It’s been around 1.5 months since I’m using it and haven’t found any drawbacks.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 29th June 2020 at 20:37.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 21:59   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, people. I just want to know what cover, if any, are you using for your Seltos? Is the Seltos Cover by Kia (original accessory) good enough? Are there any drawbacks to it?
Honestly I don't know what yardsticks you use to gauge a cover but been using the Kia OEM one it is

1) lightweight
2) covers the full car
3) has elastic bands to secure it
4) keeps dust at bay

I can't say if it's waterproof or no because I have a covered car park.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 23:59   #1113
BHPian

Hi guys
This is my first post.
I had almost booked seltos GTX+ D AT but then covid happened. Since Creta is launched now I am really confused between the two. Only top trim diesal auto considered.
My few observations.
1. Creta has better headlight setup 3 pot as compared to seltos 4 pot( creta has more spread and throw) also comes with halogen Foglamps.
2. More interior space bigger cubby holes in creta. And the bose speaker design in seltos doest help much either.
3. Creta has one touch cruise control unlike seltos where u have to fiddle with buttons to set it.
4. Physical volume button in creta
5. Air purifier can be operated from back seat you do not have to go through layers of touch screen unlike seltos.
6. All black seat is big no considering the new update in gtx+ because I live in a hot city.
7. My city has bad roads so stiff suspension is again a big no.
8. Bose system in seltos doesn't do justice to the name whereas in creta it has more bass. (Experienced this at the dealer)
9. More comfortable rear seat in creta because of better underthigh support since I am 6'2 tall. Cabin somehow feels wider in creta even when sunroof was closed.
10. Bluelink is more usable I have heard UVO is useless.
12. HUD is a gimmic beacuse it only shows speed when you are not using maps. Same with dancing lights.
13. Paddle shifter enchances your automatic vehicle experience and auto hold and e park brake adds more convience. Makes seltos looks outdated.
13. Hyundai parts and service better than new to india KIA.
Some CONS. About hyundai
1. No front parking sensor (important)
2. No 360 parking camera
3. No reach adjustable steering.
4. HVAC controls looks out of place.
5. Steering feedback is not confidence inspiring.
6. Last and very important I hate the looks of the new Creta.
Both dealers promised to allot me the vehicle within 1 month if I book within next week.
Please help.
Sanket299 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 00:08   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanket299 View Post
Hi guys
This is my first post.
I had almost booked seltos GTX+ D AT but then covid happened. Since Creta is launched now I am really confused between the two. Only top trim diesal auto considered.
My few observations.
1. Creta has better headlight setup 3 pot as compared to seltos 4 pot( creta has more spread and throw) also comes with halogen Foglamps.
2. More interior space bigger cubby holes in creta. And the bose speaker design in seltos doest help much either.
3. Creta has one touch cruise control unlike seltos where u have to fiddle with buttons to set it.
4. Physical volume button in creta
5. Air purifier can be operated from back seat you do not have to go through layers of touch screen unlike seltos.
6. All black seat is big no considering the new update in gtx+ because I live in a hot city.
7. My city has bad roads so stiff suspension is again a big no.
8. Bose system in seltos doesn't do justice to the name whereas in creta it has more bass. (Experienced this at the dealer)
9. More comfortable rear seat in creta because of better underthigh support since I am 6'2 tall. Cabin somehow feels wider in creta even when sunroof was closed.
10. Bluelink is more usable I have heard UVO is useless.
12. HUD is a gimmic beacuse it only shows speed when you are not using maps. Same with dancing lights.
13. Paddle shifter enchances your automatic vehicle experience and auto hold and e park brake adds more convience. Makes seltos looks outdated.
13. Hyundai parts and service better than new to india KIA.
Some CONS. About hyundai
1. No front parking sensor (important)
2. No 360 parking camera
3. No reach adjustable steering.
4. HVAC controls looks out of place.
5. Steering feedback is not confidence inspiring.
6. Last and very important I hate the looks of the new Creta.
Both dealers promised to allot me the vehicle within 1 month if I book within next week.
Please help.
I think your heart is almost set on the creta except for the looks.

If looks are the most important factor then dont even think about creta go for the seltos. But if you can live with the looks then creta it is.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 01:21   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys
This is my first post.
I had almost booked seltos GTX+ D AT but then covid happened. Since Creta is launched now I am really confused between the two. Only top trim diesal auto considered
You've got most of the points covered.

The big pluses for creta over Seltos are :

• Paddle shifters
• Panoramic Sun Roof
• Electronic Parking brake

And for Seltos :

• Better looks.
• Much better handler than Creta.
• 360 degree camera and Blind View Monitor.

I would also like to point out that Seltos' suspension isn't that firmer as it was made out in various media. It eases a lot after 3000 kms and I find it having a very good ride quality on medium and full loads. Most of the reviews must have been done with almost new car with very less on the odo.

Leaving these apart, both are essentially the same car, including the engine and transmission. Even service and parts cost also are same, including ASS quality.

The only other differentiating factor I can think of is chances of Seltos scoring a 5 star rating in GNCAP is much more than Creta since Seltos is truly a global model that gets exported to around 40 countries from India. Hence the shell rigidity and structure may well be the same for India spec as well as the exported ones. Again this is just my speculation based on above facts. The Australian spec Seltos by the way had scored a 5 star rating in A-NCAP.

This link should be of help to you.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/5-features-th...-creta-doesnt/

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th June 2020 at 01:31.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:16   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Even I hated the looks of the new Creta, till I saw the black number. It hides the idiosyncrasies well I thought, and gives it a stealth profile. Do check it out. New Creta is better than Seltos, on the inside (features and comfort-wise).
Quote:
I hate the looks of the new Creta.
Old 30th June 2020, 11:00   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
The only other differentiating factor I can think of is chances of Seltos scoring a 5 star rating in GNCAP is much more than Creta since Seltos is truly a global model that gets exported to around 40 countries from India. Hence the shell rigidity and structure may well be the same for India spec as well as the exported ones. Again this is just my speculation based on above facts. The Australian spec Seltos by the way had scored a 5 star rating in A-NCAP.

This link should be of help to you.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/5-features-th...-creta-doesnt/
I doubt Kia Seltos India will be recieving 5 stars. The Korean/Asutralian/American-Canadian model is different from that of Indian, Chinese (Kia KX3), Spanish model.

The Seltos that we have is the low cost build to cater the different market. What are the cost cuttings? Kia simply made the car shorter in wheel base and the overhangs in front and rear have been reduced.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-picsart_063010.33.08.jpg
Bonnet line, bumper for better clearance (only American)

You will notice a bonnet line in the international model as well as a more straighter rear (angle wise) and bigger wheels for the bigger car that has a bigger engine (1.6L turbo, 2.0 naturally aspirated). Carrys an AWD option.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-picsart_063010.29.35.jpg
The rear spoiler coverage, overall rear stance

Our smaller car here has 17inch wheels with a more angular rear (shorter). You will notice the rear spoiler doesn't cover up the rear window like the international model. The front has no bonnet line.

Since the car is longer, the interior has a stretch in length.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-picsart_063011.04.50.jpg
The seat base and seat belt positioning is different.

The designing is so clever that you can barely make out the differences between the long wheel base version and the shorter wheel base model. The width is the same and the hight is different due to the wheel size. The feature list is more on the Indian version whereas safety tech line lane keep assist and autonomous cruise control is available in the later. So getting 5 stars is not easy.

Alittle off topic with Kia KX3 (Chinese Kia Seltos) is the same car like the one we get here. There is major cost cutting like no HUD, no leather inserts in interior dash, no led fog lamps, no adjustable rear head rests, no auto dimming irvm, no camera (360 is only for india), no flat bottom wheel, no screen in speedometer, many more.

Since the chinese model cut costs in essentials it went forward to invest on the dashboard design and a few more better features. Like in E-break with auto hold, digital indicator for the gear selector (just like Hyundai ix25) and a large sunroof.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-picsart_063010.50.52.jpg

There might be carry forward of these features to the India model in future as a facelift but Hyundai has a habit of cutting down features and add new features. I'm not sure if Kia will practice the same. In a price sensitive market it's challenging.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 30th June 2020 at 11:06.
momsonlydriver is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:08   #1118
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this squeaky sound coming every time the car encounters a speed breaker?

Also is this squeaky noise coming mainly when the car is crossing the speed breaker - I mean when the springs compress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Squeaking from suspension is commonly due to shot bushes or loose joints. (Does But this is too soon for that). Check if a rock or stone is lodged into the suspension / coil spring anywhere. Otherwise it might be a faulty shock absorber that needs replacement in warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In my Creta (at least my generation), I face this squeaky issue. It more pronounced on the front suspension but sometimes comes from the rear too especially when taking any speed breaker or pothole in a cross angle.
Thought I’d update the group. As you know, that sound plagued me for over 2 weeks. Then I left town in my other car and the Kia was parked at home for a little over a month. When I came back, it fired right up, and guess what —> the sound has mostly disappeared. I heard it once over the past five days of driving but at 20% levels of what it was. But that’s it. Haven’t heard it for the past two days despite going over bumpy roads or over the same speed breakers in my apartment complex.
ADB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 06:51   #1119
BHPian

Quote:

Also, is Dupont Tyvek covers available for Seltos (if yes, link please).

Thanks a bunch in anticipation of your replies.
My dad bought the original Kia cover accessory and he hates it since it's not waterproof (apparently it's watherproof). One fine day my dad saw the car (DCT GTX+) is wet underneath and he asked me to look for a proper waterproof cover. I would love to hear recommendations as well.
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:42   #1120

Hey guys. I know color is a personal preference but I am a little confused. I am about to book a gtx+ D(A) but have 3 colors running in my mind. Silver Black and White. Please suggest one of these options with a practical reason if possible. Also what should be my immediate check points while taking the delivery as I would be driving 1000+kms immediately after i take the delivery.
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:59   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Hey guys. I know color is a personal preference but I am a little confused. I am about to book a gtx+ D(A) but have 3 colors running in my mind. Silver Black and White. Please suggest one of these options with a practical reason if possible. Also what should be my immediate check points while taking the delivery as I would be driving 1000+kms immediately after i take the delivery.
I would suggest silver among the three that you have mentioned. It is the colour which can be best maintained in pristine condition with minimal effort. One of the best colours to hide dust and dirt.

While black is a good colour as well, 95% of persons owning black vehicles dont undertake the requisite legwork/costs to keep it glossy and shining. A dull black vehicle looks pretty bad in my view.

White is just too common, and I would give it a miss.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:45   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Silver Black and White.
Black looks badass but requires upkeep. If you're willing to take out the time and spend 8-10k every year on paint care, go ahead with black. Otherwise white would be a safe choice. Silver shade on Seltos looks a bit dull/dusky on the road.

Regarding the pre-delivery check, following the Team BHP checklist shall suffice. Honestly I wouldn't recommend a 1000 kms drive straight out of the showroom but, if you must, just inform the showroom staff about it and they'll do the necessary checks (battery, tyre pressure, engine oil, coolant and brake fluid primarily) at the time of delivery.

You can download the PDI checklist in PDF format from here: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

Last edited by self_driven : 3rd July 2020 at 10:47.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 11:44   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
My Seltos color experience was a pain to the showroom people.

I first booked the color red at the first sight. The color was shining bright in the showroom. Months passed by and my neighbor recieved a red Seltos which looked nothing like the showroom. It was dull and lifeless. You walk towards it- the color will appear brighter but from a distance it looks like a Honda red color. The tech line models have no presence and moreover a red GT seltos has no presence either. The red is more like a berry.

Then I called up and booked for a silver. Weeks passed by and I saw the car in person and it was more of a dead grey and with those red accents it wasn't of my taste. I expected silky silver.

Back in the days dual tone for sunroof weren't an option. If they had - would have gone for white and black roof. Do note it looks shorter with a painted roof.

Then came the color black which I immediately discarded due to the heat. The last color was ofcourse white where the red accents were contrasting one and another.

So I picked white!

(Never considered orange or blue- too flashy in my opinion)

Kia Seltos : Official Review-images-20200703t114339.858.jpeg

I personally wished for mustard yellow and black roof.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 3rd July 2020 at 11:57.
momsonlydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:25   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seltos' colors look very different under varied lighting. Check out all three colors under various light conditions and then take a call. Good part, you will find ample examples of all three colors running on the road.

Regarding the drive, double check the fluids - coolant, brake oil and engine oil. It should be in order for a new car. Then check the tyre pressure and reduce it to 33-35 PSI, it comes pretty high from the factory. You should be good for the drive. Also remember, the first service would be due right after your drive.

PS: I did a 1200 km trip a day after taking delivery and got the 1st service done on the third day.
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:33   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Seltos Gravity Revealed, New Range-Topping Trim For South Korean Market.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200703162842_chrome.jpg

The front grille has a new design and comes with chrome accents

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200703162921_chrome.jpg

There are two interior trim colours to choose from and the touchscreen has grown in size 10.25-inch touchscreen

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200703162913_chrome.jpg

The Seltos Gravity gets new 18-inch alloy wheels

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smartselect_20200703162928_chrome.jpg

https://www.motorbeam.com/kia-seltos...-topping-trim/
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks