Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 22:36   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Its not a bad deal (or a deal breaker) considering after-market seat covers can be fitted. I'd get the covers as soon as I take delivery, as maintaining white is expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGP View Post
Completely agree with you. It's too bad Kia didn't offer the GTX+ with all black interiors from the get go.The dual tone interiors is one my biggest dislikes in an otherwise brilliant car. It's too bad they won't be able to retro fit the all black interiors into the existing ones.
Old 27th May 2020, 22:38   #932
Senior - BHPian

So is Kia discontinuing the GTK? The most affordable of the turbo variants?
Old 27th May 2020, 22:40   #933
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post

KIA is reportedly going to rejig Seltos's variants with some really good updates, including a sunroof in HTX model.
When he says sunroof, it's not clear whether it's regular one seen on top Seltos variant or Creta's panoramic sunroof. IMO, either a pano-roof or none. Regular smaller ones are pretty useless. These barely offers any utility. Seltos needs a pano-roof to clinch the best-selling title back from Creta. But, being the step-son of Hyundai, if it doesn't get one, we would understand.
Old 27th May 2020, 23:04   #934
FGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Its not a bad deal (or a deal breaker) considering after-market seat covers can be fitted. I'd get the covers as soon as I take delivery, as maintaining white is expensive
Agreed, its not a deal breaker. Inspite of the dual tone interiors and I did go ahead with the GTX+. However, considering the all black interior is available in the lower GTX, in my opinion it would've been ideal, if Kia had provided an option for an all black interior for the GTX+.

Putting seat covers on the front seats would be counterproductive as the ventilated seats would be rendered nugatory and which is one of the major additions in the GTX+ compared to the GTX. I've done some cursory searches, but yet to come across any seat covers which i can use.

Plus there are airbags in the sides of the front seat, so I'm sure complications would arise from that aspect as well.
FGP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 00:27   #935
BHPian

Are the ventilated seats actually very helpful in the summers or more of a hyped up feature?
Old 28th May 2020, 01:41   #936
FGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
The Emergency Signal System (ESS) causes the hazard lights to flash if the driver suddenly brakes when travelling at high speed. I doubt if this feature is present in any of the Seltos variants. Is this getting added now?
ESS isn't active in any Seltos variants at present, to the best of my knowledge. As per the You-Tube video and Autocar link, its a new feature that's being added.
FGP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:09   #937
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos variants to get new features

According to a media report, the Kia Seltos is likely to get new features.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-2019kiaseltos06.jpg

The report suggests that the HTK+, HTX, HTX+ and GTX variants equipped with the automatic transmission are expected to come with remote engine start. The HTX and GTX will also be offered with an electric sunroof and LED cabin lights.

All variants are expected to get USB charging ports for front and rear passengers. An emergency stop signal is also likely to be standard.

On the outside, all variants except the HTE and HTK are likely to get dual exhaust design on the rear bumper. The HTX and HTX+ variants could get metal scuff plate as standard.

The GTX+ variant with 1.4L turbo-petrol and 1.5L diesel will get black interior with red stitching. HTX, HTX+, GTX and the GTX+ will also get minor trim updates, while the HTK+ variant will get a gloss black finish on the dashboard and faux leather gear knob.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th May 2020 at 11:11.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:28   #938
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos variants to get new features

Would be interesting to see if paddle shifters are also offered on the GTX models. Would be a much needed addition to that 7 DCT.
KA19Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:37   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome move but apart from the sunroof, ESS and the USB ports, others are cosmetic changes only.

Focusing on the changes in HTK+, since I own one
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
All variants are expected to get USB charging ports for front and rear passengers. An emergency stop signal is also likely to be standard.
I will miss the rear USB port for that occasional use. However since the front has two of them (along with the 12V socket too), it hasn't felt inadequate till date.

Quote:
On the outside, all variants except the HTE and HTK are likely to get dual exhaust design on the rear bumper.
I will be honest, I admire this faux exhaust design which breaks the monotony of the lower black part of the bumper. I already checked and this doesn't come separately, one has to replace the whole bumper. Maybe I will do this few years down the line as a mid-life refresh!

Quote:
while the HTK+ variant will get a gloss black finish on the dashboard and faux leather gear knob.
This is what confuses me. The HTK+ (and even HTK) already has the centre console, ICE and the MID shroud in gloss black. I couldn't think of any other place which needs gloss black treatment without looking weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Does the HTK+ plus now come with automatic climate control?
No it doesn't. One of major missing feature in an otherwise well-loaded variant.

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th May 2020 at 11:49.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:39   #940
BHPian

Still no ESP, Hill Assist, TC for automatic variants in HTK+ or HTX+? No deal.
ashlil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:39   #941
BHPian

Can someone please share the real life mileage of Seltos 1.5 D MT? I am looking for City and Highway mileage details. I see few videos on youtube which claim 27 kmpl on highway, but it is too good to believe. I am thinking of HTK D version, but not finalized yet. I would also appreciate if someone can share on-road price in Hyderabad. The Kia website suggests 13.85 lakhs on-road, but still dealers may quote different. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th May 2020, 11:45   #942
Senior - BHPian

Does the HTK+ plus now come with automatic climate control? If not, it's a shame! After paying 16-17 lakhs for a C2 diesel automatic crossover, it's actually expected, especially when a base Rapid at nearly half the price comes equipped with it from the base variant.

I know it's not a fair comparison but these two cars are usually considered together since they come in a similar range/segment

Last edited by Turbohead : 28th May 2020 at 11:47.
Turbohead is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:55   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Can someone please share the real life mileage of Seltos 1.5 D MT? I am looking for City and Highway mileage details. I see few videos on Youtube which claim 27 kmpl on highway, but it is too good to believe.
City - Diesel Manual

b2b traffic : 10-11 kmpl
moderate traffic : 13-14

Highways

Minimum returns with reasonable traffic : 16-17-18 kmpl - spirited driving - driving style dependent.

On 4/6 lane highways with minimal traffic : 20+ (sedate driving)

All figures with AC on. Even 22-23 is possible if you're light on your foot on sparse highway traffic. I've managed to derive 25 kmpl on my D - AT on an early morning start on a 6 lane highway. It means same can be achieved in manual too. More on that in this thread itself

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4767051 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200528115337_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th May 2020 at 12:11.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 12:22   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Can someone please share the real life mileage of Seltos 1.5 D MT? I am looking for City and Highway mileage details. I see few videos on Youtube which claim 27 kmpl on highway, but it is too good to believe. I am thinking of HTK D version, but not finalized yet. I would also appreciate if someone can share on-road price in Hyderabad. The Kia website suggests 13.85 lakhs on-road, but still dealers may quote different. Thanks in advance.
For the manual version, I can share the following numbers based on my driving in Hyderabad, 100% AC.

City
Heavy traffic: 13-15 kmpl
Low traffic: 17-18 kmpl

Highway
High 3-digits speeds: 15-16 kmpl
Steady speeds: 20-21 kmpl
Hyd ORR speeds: 23-26 kmpl

By the way, I have seen as high as 28.2 kmpl on my MID over 50 km trip out of which 40 odd kms were covered at 70-90kmph on the Hyd ORR. Have a lot of patience with the A pedal and you will get some amazing numbers.

Edit: Among the dealers in Hyderabad, based on the experience shared by Seltos owners and my visits to the ASS for first and second services, Car KIA was better than Vihaan KIA.

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th May 2020 at 12:27.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 12:27   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Welcome move but apart from the sunroof, ESS and the USB ports, others are cosmetic changes only.
It's only a front sunroof, not a panoramic one. ESC is a glaring omission even in HTX+ right from the word go. With the new creta having panoramic sunroof and paddle shifters, one expected those features be loaded onto Seltos too to make it even stevens. That may also well be a entente cordiale between Kia and parent Hyundai.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th May 2020 at 12:28.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks