Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2020, 14:51   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1811 View Post
Did you mean GTX Plus? Because GTX does not have a Bose system. The non Bose systems are strictly average in sound quality.
Sorry, yes I meant gtx plus dct. Waiting for the lockdown to get over so that I can try door damping and / or underseat subwoofer to get the punch in the bose sound output. Not sure if anybody has tried anything similar.
Old 1st May 2020, 17:58   #812
BANNED

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I can try door damping and/or underseat subwoofer to get the punch in the bose sound output. Not sure if anybody has tried anything similar.
I think the Bose system is an 8 speaker setup one 6.5" speaker and one tweeter in each door. I am not sure if the system has any amplifier or subwoofer for that matter which is why maybe you don't find that punch in the system's output.

Add an active underseat subwoofer and that should help you a lot in terms of getting out the bass frequency range.
Old 1st May 2020, 18:18   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, yes I meant gtx plus dct. Waiting for the lockdown to get over so that I can try door damping and / or underseat subwoofer to get the punch in the bose sound output. Not sure if anybody has tried anything similar.
Similar situation, I find my friends with a Ciaz and Scross have better systems. Am planning on an amp and am underseat sub. Will keep the forum updated once done. Have you shortlisted any subs?
Old 1st May 2020, 19:33   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Not necessarily twice the car, Yes.

I did not think about it earlier, but now that you pointed it out the 0-100 performance is comparable, and cost wise you are paying 5-10L more for the Skoda. Seltos will take buyers from atleast half a dozen segments this way.
Buddy, you mean Seltos 1.4 is comparable to Octavia 1.8 in performance. Really. . So first of all the price difference of on road Seltos 1.4 manual and Octavia onyx is 4.5 lacs in Delhi ( I am not even considering the discounts you can get on Skoda). Octavia - ( 0-100 - 8.1 sec ( verified by numerous sources,) and Seltos - (9 secs) has a difference of 1 sec almost to the ton. I am not a big fan of 0-100 as a parameter to judge any car's performance. It should always be a combination of lot of things. Add Multilink suspension, aerodynamic body, far better chassis and driving dynamics and of course the love of all - 7 speed DSG. There is no comparision between the two on performance at least. Skoda will run rings around Seltos. I am not even talking about the tank like build quality here.

My only point is that Seltos is a quick car, but comparing it to a car from other segment ( Abarth Punto) does not make any sense. If you want to compare, you should always do that with a segment above and not a segment below..
Roadster17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 22:14   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, I knew that the non Bose one is pretty ordinary but heard great reviews about the Bose unit. And to hear your feedback considering its fully loaded with amplifier, subwoofer and front mid speaker is a surprise. Maybe try to tune it differently before you decide on add-ons.

I have GTX and plan to get damping, replace front speakers with better components, rear ones with decent coaxials and an underseat subwoofer.
I think this setup can be done without an amplifier, as I want to keep it plug and play only with no additional wiring.
Old 1st May 2020, 23:29   #816

Can someone suggest me what to do for the problem that i am facing with my seltos gtx+ 7dct. My car goes straight when the steering is at 1 OCLOCK Position and starts to go towards left when steering is perfectly straight. This is from day 1 and my car has done just 500kms. I faced similar issues with my honda city where the honda service guys took a test drive, did some markings with a pencil and removed the steering to correct it (still was not completely straight after several attempts). Do not know what is the problem here. Is it alignment/balancing or just steering to be centred for seltos. Any thoughts guys?
Old 2nd May 2020, 00:25   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, I knew that the non Bose one is pretty ordinary but heard great reviews about the Bose unit. And to hear your feedback considering its fully loaded with amplifier, subwoofer and front mid speaker is a surprise. Maybe try to tune it differently before you decide on add-ons.

I have GTX and plan to get damping, replace front speakers with better components, rear ones with decent coaxials and an underseat subwoofer.
I think this setup can be done without an amplifier, as I want to keep it plug and play only with no additional wiring.
The Branding is top notch but actual sound quality is pretty average. It also does not have an amp and the sub is very inadequate if you like punchy music.
Old 2nd May 2020, 00:50   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
It also does not have an amp and the sub is very inadequate if you like punchy music.
I am quite sure there is Bose Amplifier under front passenger seat.

Please see the link below from the official review as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2019...-seltos-05.jpg
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:41   #819
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kia owners - request to please vote & reply on the aftersales service quality thread. Thank you!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-company.html (Kia Owners: How is the after-sales service experience from the dealer & company?)
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:23   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi13245 View Post
Can someone suggest me what to do for the problem that i am facing with my seltos gtx+ 7dct. My car goes straight when the steering is at 1 OCLOCK Position and starts to go towards left when steering is perfectly straight. This is from day 1 and my car has done just 500kms. I faced similar issues with my honda city where the honda service guys took a test drive, did some markings with a pencil and removed the steering to correct it (still was not completely straight after several attempts). Do not know what is the problem here. Is it alignment/balancing or just steering to be centred for seltos. Any thoughts guys?
Most likely it's a simple steering wheel alignment issue. You can cross-check it yourself. While your car is parked, align your steering straight (12o'clock) and then check the position of the front wheels. If the wheels are not pointing straight then it's the steering wheel alignment issue. The steering wheel needs to be loosened, realigned and tightened.

The Kia dealer or any alignment shop can do this for you in 5 mins.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:32   #821
Senior - BHPian

The Music had a lot of punch in my test drive vehicle (had to tone it down a bit). Bose is known for punch (too much punch, if you ask me). So there must be a fault somewhere. You can check your music on a TD vehicle to confirm
Quote:
The Branding is top notch but actual sound quality is pretty average. It also does not have an amp and the sub is very inadequate if you like punchy music.
Old 2nd May 2020, 13:58   #822
BHPian

Quote:

Please see the link below from the official review as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2019...-seltos-05.jpg
I didn't know about this, will go check this and report back.
Old 2nd May 2020, 16:59   #823
BHPian

Has anybody done ecu remapping on Seltos 1.4TGDI? OR Anybody is planning on the same? It looks like someone has done it and claimed to have 170ps from 138ps. Any thoughts ?
https://www.news18.com/news/auto/cus...y-2467083.html

Last edited by Salnv : 2nd May 2020 at 17:00.
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:17   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Has anybody done ecu remapping on Seltos 1.4TGDI? OR Anybody is planning on the same? It looks like someone has done it and claimed to have 170ps from 138ps. Any thoughts ?
https://www.news18.com/news/auto/cus...y-2467083.html
I came across this on Pete's Insta page. Not much details given.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7QeRdkF...=13uby26c5ckyu
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200503111414_instagram.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:49   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It also does not have an amp and the sub is very inadequate if you like punchy music.
Quote:
Even I have seen Bose Amp (with Bose marking) under passenger seat of my friend's vehicle. I don't know much about wiring, but it surely has lots of wires. Seems like this amp is getting individual speaker input from the main unit and then output also goes to individual speakers. I couldn't count the wires.

Most Viewed