Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 12:24   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

A quick question - how to lock steering wheel in Seltos after removing the key from ignition switch like we do in other cars?
Old 8th February 2020, 12:46   #452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
A quick question - how to lock steering wheel in Seltos after removing the key from ignition switch like we do in other cars?
Once ignition is switched off, rotate the wheel slightly towards the left or right. The wheel will get locked automatically.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 17:46   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Once ignition is switched off, rotate the wheel slightly towards the left or right. The wheel will get locked automatically.
I tried rotating it slightly but it didn't happen!

Not sure if rotation was not as it should have been.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 10:40   #454

I recently experienced similiar issues with my DCT a week back. I heard growling noises from under my feet. Squeaking sounds under the brake pedal. It lasted for a few seconds and then appeared again. This repeated again and again for the next kilometre or so. I stopped to check the brakes tyres. Everything was fine. Then switched off and switched on the vehicle. And never had it again. I have driven close to 3,500kms till now. During this episode the orange light with tracks was blinking.

I feared if the ABS was getting activated. That would be dangerous. (Of course the ABS light didnt light up)

I didnt visit the service center. Will do if it appears again.
docahmer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 15:18   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Along with it, the brake pedals started vibrating and there was a thud sound when the brake was pressed.
This can be a result of ABS kicking in. Sometimes loose gravel or highly uneven roads also tend to kick in ABS mechanism. And it need not be a hard press in these situations. Try to notice the situation if it happens again.

ABS light would not glow when ABS kicks in. It would glow during an ABS malfunction.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 17:41   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docahmer View Post
I recently experienced similiar issues with my DCT a week back. I heard growling noises from under my feet. Squeaking sounds under the brake pedal. It lasted for a few seconds and then appeared again. This repeated again and again for the next kilometre or so. I stopped to check the brakes tyres. Everything was fine. Then switched off and switched on the vehicle. And never had it again. I have driven close to 3,500kms till now. During this episode the orange light with tracks was blinking.

I feared if the ABS was getting activated. That would be dangerous. (Of course the ABS light didnt light up)

Assuming the road is good, this may be just a temporary glitch in the ABS sensor/software. I have seen similar scenario in my EcoSport where the road was pretty bad with loose gravel. However here if the road is good I don’t see why this should happen and it may be just a temporary glitch since once you restart everything is in order. Next time you can manually turn off traction control and see how the car behaves in such a scenario
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 20:49   #457
BHPian

People with ventilated seats. When you push the front passenger seat, does it rattle and make noise? Try pushing the seat below the head rest, it has a play. Can someone confirm this if its happening in other seltos'?
Old 10th February 2020, 11:27   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
This can be a result of ABS kicking in. Sometimes loose gravel or highly uneven roads also tend to kick in ABS mechanism. And it need not be a hard press in these situations. Try to notice the situation if it happens again.

ABS light would not glow when ABS kicks in. It would glow during an ABS malfunction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Assuming the road is good, this may be just a temporary glitch in the ABS sensor/software. I have seen similar scenario in my EcoSport where the road was pretty bad with loose gravel. However here if the road is good I don’t see why this should happen and it may be just a temporary glitch since once you restart everything is in order. Next time you can manually turn off traction control and see how the car behaves in such a scenario
On such an instance, the traction light will come on and not the ABS light. Squeaking/grinding noise is the ABS kicking in. If the ABS light is on, it's due to the faulty ABS sensor. If this comes on, do visit the service center. Highly dangerous situation in this case as I experienced this.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 11:52   #459

Should I keep the traction control off during routine city/suburban driving?

Is it necessary to switch off A/C (AUTOMATIC climate control. 7DCT) before switching the vehicle off?
Old 10th February 2020, 13:41   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Should I keep the traction control off during routine city/suburban driving?

Is it necessary to switch off A/C (AUTOMATIC climate control. 7DCT) before switching the vehicle off?
Traction control should always be on. You’ll be much safer that way

It’s not necessary to switch off the AC, it’s totally your choice. I personally make it a point to do so
DeKay is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 18:48   #461
BHPian

Link of 6000 kms 2nd service update :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4697312 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

10000 Kms update :

Hi Guys, not using my Seltos much, just completed 10k & will give it for 3rd service soon, car is doing great & the ride has become plush now handling bad roads at ease, FE got better on highways when cruising around 90s.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-kia1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-2.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-4.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-3.jpg
Don Dasco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 20:31   #462
1:1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
People with ventilated seats. When you push the front passenger seat, does it rattle and make noise? Try pushing the seat below the head rest, it has a play. Can someone confirm this if its happening in other seltos'?
No such issues faced till now. Guess a visit to service centre would resolve this.
Old 10th February 2020, 22:11   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dasco View Post
Link of 6000 kms 2nd service update : 10000 Kms update :

Hi Guys, not using my Seltos much, just completed 10k & will give it for 3rd service soon, car is doing great & the ride has become plush now handling bad roads at ease, FE got better on highways when cruising around 90s.]
Don, have you done anything specific to make the ride plush, or has it happened due to the suspension bedding in?
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:27   #464
BHPian

I am about to book Seltos 1.5 P HTX IVT but these niggles are giving me doubts.
I liked the car very much and this would be my first automatic. I did find the less control over the vehicle’s power a tad annoying as compared to manuals which give full control. Also if I floored the accelerator, the gear changes/ kind of jerks were noticeable.
( Found Ecosport AT smoother)

1.Is this normal with this?
I am a moderate driver , not aggressive not sedate but I wouldn’t want to hold back overtaking on highways because of inadequate performance.

2. Also how does it behave on inclines, mall ramps and hill stations: climbing basically. Even the car parking in my society is in basement 2 so daily climbing.
Also Hill hold control is absent, is it a much needed feature?

3.Has anyone been able to test its AC performance, since it was launched post summers? Its a deal breaker as it gets very hot here.

4. How is high speed stability, I couldn’t test it over 80 due to traffic. I’ll be going again for a test drive though.

5. Should I avoid the automatics in this budget unless absolutely necessary? Although traffic is increasing day by day.

Thanks

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th February 2020 at 09:32. Reason: Content addition
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 19:11   #465
BHPian

Ignore my above post. All my doubts cleared. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks