Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2020, 10:19   #391
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Kia recommends 35. But I asked the guy to fill 35, when i drove the car it showed 40 and the ride was much much better when compared to 32 which i initially used to fill. It felt less harsh and composed.
Experts waiting for your views please. Considering everything, ride quality, GC, tyre brusts, kia recommended pressure, etc. Mine has stocked Goodyear tyres, will 40 be a good pressure to maintain.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:14   #392
BHPian

Nothing beyond or below the recommended tyre pressure is good. There is reason why the recommendations have been given and a lot of testing goes into it.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:31   #393
sre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

To keep the car in accessory on a red light without having to circle back the whole brake and 2 presses of the start-stop button, an easier walk around is:
When you come to a red light slot to N and press start-stop, which will bring you directly to the accessory mode, wherein then you can either leave the car there or slot to P. When then the signal turns green, simply press Brake and start-stop on P and move ahead!
I found the perfect method based on your suggestion.

At a traffic light, slot the gear to N and press the start stop switch. This stops the engine.
Now press the start stop switch again with out pressing the brake (engage hand brake if required to prevent vehicle from rolling)
This switches on accessories with out starting the engine.
The audio reminder to switch to P is bypassed.
When the signal turns green, you can press the start stop switch with brake pressed to start the engine. Shift to D and zoom

The procedure looks complex to read but is not very annoying after some getting used to.
sre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 12:16   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sre View Post
I found the perfect method based on your suggestion.

At a traffic light, slot the gear to N and press the start stop switch. This stops the engine.
Is it recommended to switch off the engine while in anything other than Park? Skoda/VW warns against doing so with their DSG gearboxes.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 14:48   #395
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

MG Hector vs Kia Seltos

wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 12:40   #396
sre

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is it recommended to switch off the engine while in anything other than Park? Skoda/VW warns against doing so with their DSG gearboxes.
Should be ok to stop and start in neutral. Can’t think of a reason against it.
Old 2nd February 2020, 15:17   #397

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have booked a GTX+ DCT couple of weeks ago. I understand that the car comes with ventilated seats and airbags. I am wondering if I can put seat covers as they are beige.
If not, could you suggest what I can do to keep them clean myself?
Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2020, 15:25   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadaniel View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and have booked a GTX+ DCT couple of weeks ago. I understand that the car comes with ventilated seats and airbags. I am wondering if I can put seat covers as they are beige.
If not, could you suggest what I can do to keep them clean myself?
Thanks.
Welcome to the club and congrats on the car. I am waiting for my GTX+ D AT to be registered next week and am worried about the same. Sadly nothing much can be done for the reasons you stated - ventilated seats + airbags. So front seats have to be the way they are. I am thinking of seat covers for rear as that's where I expect my little one to be all the time and will be a nightmare with this color. Thankfully as seats are leatherette, cleaning is easier than fabric seats
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 16:29   #399
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Kia Seltos racked up its highest tally of 15,450 units last month as the mid-size SUV continues to dominate its segment.

Link
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 17:28   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Kia Seltos racked up its highest tally of 15,450 units last month as the mid-size SUV continues to dominate its segment.
15450 = (Seltos + Carnival) to be accurate. Would be interesting to see the breakup.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 18:35   #401
BHPian

Hey guys, having an annoying problem on my Seltos HTX+

When my phone is connected to Android Auto, Amazon music only streams from my phone and not the car. Other apps (podcast, YouTube etc) play through the car just fine though.

My phone is connected via Bluetooth but when I try and play music via BT I get the message that "no media device is connected".

Any ideas and solutions on how to fix this?
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:01   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hey guys, having an annoying problem on my Seltos HTX+

When my phone is connected to Android Auto, Amazon music only streams from my phone and not the car. Other apps (podcast, YouTube etc) play through the car just fine though.

My phone is connected via Bluetooth but when I try and play music via BT I get the message that "no media device is connected".

I had a similar issue with AppleCarPlay, later figured out that sometimes the mode was not selected automatically by the system, I am not sure if your issue is similar but what you can try is , while in Amazon Music , press the mode button repeatedly to make sure that the input is selected correctly from the phone ( also up the volume using volume buttons as sometimes I see that the volume gets resettled to zero while connecting phone )
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:32   #403
BHPian

Saw two cars with check engine light in the service center. We were there getting my friends car battery checked "Stable battery icon".

Two seltos both diesel had the same check engine light icon and they were busy with one while the other was still waiting. I talked to the owner of one of the cars and he said KIA people told him that the diesel used was bad quality and that has caused clogging.
According to him driving the car even with that light on causes no issues and he has driven 200-300KM with it lit.

I wonder if this is safe to drive and if the DPF is clogged won't high revv's help it regenerate? Have you all heard/seen similar check engine light issues?
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 22:56   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Welcome to the club and congrats on the car. I am waiting for my GTX+ D AT to be registered next week and am worried about the same. Sadly nothing much can be done for the reasons you stated - ventilated seats + airbags. So front seats have to be the way they are. I am thinking of seat covers for rear as that's where I expect my little one to be all the time and will be a nightmare with this color. Thankfully as seats are leatherette, cleaning is easier than fabric seats
Thank you. I guess I just have to keep it clean..:-)
Old 2nd February 2020, 23:08   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Once the phone is connected to android auto, Bluetooth audio gets unchecked from Bluetooth settings in HU. So when next time you walk into the car, only phone audio is connected but music remains unchecked.

Goto Bluetooth settings in HU and check both the boxes for that phone, which will solve this issue. But next time if you connect through android auto, it will get unchecked again. In general Android auto is still buggy, and gets frequent disconnections. Tried 2 phones and 4 different cables, but no avail. On the other hand Apple CarPlay is stable using a MFI cable, but Apple maps is inefficient for Indian conditions. Stopped using both and only use Bluetooth nowadays as HU navigation is good enough for Bangalore B2B traffic.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd February 2020 at 23:33.
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks