Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2023, 23:16   #2836
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I am planning to address the issue of harsh ride in my 2019 Seltos gtx dct + by changing the shock absorbers from the latest seltos parts bin (I remember reading somewhere that the ride in the latest iteration of Seltos is much better)

Request inputs if any of the fellow Seltos owners have got it done.
Hi, our Jan 2020 D AT HTK+ went to ASC for front disc + brake pad change, windshield fluid rubber pipe (rats like that part, saw another seltos with same issue at ASC).
I was toying with the idea of changing the shock, especially after a fellow bhpian from HYD changed for his 2019 one few months ago and strongly recommended the same to me as well.
So i took a plunge and got all 4 shocks changed. The part numbers (refer S. No. 1, 3, 5 in pic) are same as that of facelift seltos.
Ride is much better and pliant, the solid thud is gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20231117_183707.jpg  

yadavsid21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 02:22   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
Hi, our Jan 2020 D AT HTK+ went to ASC for front disc + brake pad change, windshield fluid rubber pipe (rats like that part, saw another seltos with same issue at ASC).
I was toying with the idea of changing the shock, especially after a fellow bhpian from HYD changed for his 2019 one few months ago and strongly recommended the same to me as well.
So i took a plunge and got all 4 shocks changed. The part numbers (refer S. No. 1, 3, 5 in pic) are same as that of facelift seltos.
Are you sure the replaced parts are of the latest 2023 version
Because the Front right Strut part number mentioned in the invoice is the same as the older version
I got the Front Right Strut replaced under warranty in Aug 2022 & the part number matches with the one mentioned in your invoice
So, they've replaced with the older version, not the newer 2023 version part

Attaching the images for the same
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20231119_025241.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_2023111902455242_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_2023111902453967_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 07:29   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Are you sure the replaced parts are of the latest 2023
Yes, the part number is same for 2023 as well. I had asked a fellow bhpian to check the same when his facelifted 2023 model Seltos went for 1000km service and he shared the part numbers for his VIN (images attached)
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20231119_072231_352.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20231119_072230_970.jpg  

Old 20th November 2023, 20:23   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM View Post
Hi, I am owning Seltox HTX, Petrol IVT model since past 1.5 year. It has done ~10K KMs now. Offlet clattering sounds are coming from dashboard/steering area. Its like some plastic parts are rubbing against each other. Highlighted the issue to dealer during annual inspection. He claimed to lubricate the contact area, but sound returned in a months time. Its not very loud sound but sufficient enough to irritate you. Any DIY fix available? Have observed that if I forcefully push infotainment screen , sound vanishes for few mins but again it returns. Pls help
Ask ur SC to check the reduction gear/worm shaft behind the steering column. A common issue amongst many Kia models. They will even change it under warranty if needs to be changed.

Had mine already done twice.
DCTfanatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 06:45   #2840
BHPian

Anybody been able to source 0W20 ACEA-C5 fully synthetic for Seltos 1.5 CRDI?
I checked with multiple Kia ASCs as well as outside shops but no luck.
TIA
Old 27th November 2023, 11:14   #2841
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi - I am based in Mumbai and am looking to renew my car insurance. For my beater car, I have taken Acko as it was much cheaper. I was curious if I should take the plunge and go for my primary car which happens to be a Seltos. Wanted to check if anyone in this group has taken Acko insurance and had to avail it with Kia's dealership. Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 22:43   #2842
BHPian

I own a Selots HTX IVT 2021. My maps haven't been updated since I bought a car and neither has been a software update for the infotainment system. Most of time when I drive on newly built highways or bridges it shows that I'm driving in the field. I have asked the service center but they said they don't have the updates. Is there a way to update it myself?
I have attached an image with the current system information.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-1702314756914.jpeg  

Old 12th December 2023, 03:38   #2843
BHPian

I would suggest a reboot of the head unit
Below the power button, there is a slot to reboot.
You can use a sim ejector pin.
Slot it and long press, just like you do to a mobile phone when starting it for the first time.

Attached video
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:19   #2844
BHPian

Kia connect app suddenly logged me out and it is not working despite password change. Any one faced similar issues and have any tips to fix this?

Subscription did not expire btw.

Thanks!!
Old 23rd December 2023, 10:26   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - I am based in Mumbai and am looking to renew my car insurance. For my beater car, I have taken Acko as it was much cheaper. I was curious if I should take the plunge and go for my primary car which happens to be a Seltos. Wanted to check if anyone in this group has taken Acko insurance and had to avail it with Kia's dealership. Thanks
There was a point where I had all my 3 vehicles in Acko, and been a long-time subscriber of Acko, BUT trust me when it comes to claims it's the worst. I am based in Bangalore and if the claim happens within Bangalore, I guess it is fine, I have heard the service is decent (not sure about Acko in Mumbai Circle). In case the claim happens outside an area where they don't have coverage, then you are in big trouble. I had a claim in Kochi, where Acko doesn't have coverage, they depend on 3rd party surveyors to survey the vehicle, and as of my understanding, they have only 1 surveyor for the whole of Kerala. Their deductibles are a sham and they only give comprehensive from 4th year, no Zero dep, hence had to shell out around 40% of the bill.

Another pain is, that you have to keep calling calling calling, and following up for every step. Even the add-ons they give have to be raised by us, they don't deduct it proactively, we read the fine print and raise it, and then they approve it. Overall, very unsatisfied and now moved to TATA AIG. Acko is a NO for me.

Last edited by ThatCarGuy : 23rd December 2023 at 10:27.
ThatCarGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 19:01   #2846
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hi guys,
I did a 0 to 100 kmph time check on my Kia Seltos 1.5 NA MPI petrol engine. It takes around 11.5 to 12 seconds.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th March 2024 at 12:53. Reason: Rule #11
Old 27th December 2023, 22:56   #2847

Hi guys,

I have a 2022 Seltos GTX Option Petrol that I purchased in July 2022. For the past couple of months I have been hearing squeaking sounds that seems to be coming from the dashboard area when the vehicle is driven over uneven surfaces.

I have been avoiding a visit to the ASC for this matter as the vehicle is running fine otherwise. However, it will be helpful to know if any of you have faced this issue and any suggestions that you can share to resolve it.

Thanks!
anshumaan09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:36   #2848

Hello all,
I have a May 2022 Seltos HTX Diesel manual. I have completed 18000 kms and due to a tire burst had to change a tire (also had to change the tire pressure sensor... long story). At this point, I also felt it was better to change 2 tires and put them at the front, and select the 2 best from the remaining, and move it to the rear. Now after this was done along with wheel balancing for the 2 new tires the vehicle was pulling to the left and hence I went for a wheel alignment along with the TPMS sensor replacement on one of the wheels at EPITOME KIA, Doddanekkundi, Bengaluru. Now after they said they finished the job I went for a test drive and it still kept veering to the left. I came back to the service center and they said they would recheck and I waited another 2 hours before I got the car and they said this time it is done. Again I went for the test drive and I still feel it keeps pulling to the left. Then I called the service advisor and he said that it is because of the old tires at the back and he said I should replace the tires at the back as well. How true is this? Could anyone comment on this? Also he sent me the alignment reading video, the screenshot of which I have attached below as well. Are the readingslooking fine. It's red on the left side and i can't figure out if they are at acceptable levels for my car. Any guidanceon this topic will be much appreciated:
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20240103_113305_whatsapp.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2024, 13:48   #2849
sre

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
That is quite helpful information. How much did it cost only for the suspension change? From the invoice, I read it as around 8k. Is that right?
Is there any chance get it covered in warranty? I have one more year in my extended warranty.
The ride had become pretty bad and I complained while giving for service this time. They did some adjustments [perhaps oil filling] and it has become better. Still miles to go compared to the 2023 variant.
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:54   #2850
sre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
Ask ur SC to check the reduction gear/worm shaft behind the steering column. A common issue amongst many Kia models. They will even change it under warranty if needs to be changed.

Had mine already done twice.
I had the same issue. There was a rattling noise from the front right side which they identified as worm shaft issue. Got it replaced under warranty. The service engineer at JSP KIA Bangalore was quick to identify it and replaced it with out any hesitation.

I would strongly recommend people who are facing this issue to get it checked.

Your comment about getting it changing two times already is a bit alarming. How many Kms have you driven?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks