Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 06:29   #2806
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTfanatic View Post
But he has been complaining since the last year that the notification no longer comes.
Can also be the case with the Phone / App? Just in case it's an Android phone that your father uses, keep in mind that Android can put to "deep sleep" some apps when those are not opened/used for a long time.

Have you checked the app settings and updates?
Old 28th August 2023, 10:45   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
Can also be the case with the Phone / App? Just in case it's an Android phone that your father uses, keep in mind that Android can put to "deep sleep" some apps when those are not opened/used for a long time.

Have you checked the app settings and updates?
Tried everything. App on S23 Ultra, OnePlus 8, iPhone 14 Pro. Checked app app settings. Logged out and logged in again. Updated app. Reinstalled app.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:19   #2808
Senior - BHPian

What is the correct tyre pressure of new Seltos with 18 inch wheel ? When i got delivery its showing 48 psi, looks too high.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:37   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
What is the correct tyre pressure of new Seltos with 18 inch wheel ? When i got delivery its showing 48 psi, looks too high.
Dealers usually over inflate the tyres. Please adjust the pressure to 32-36 as per your preference. The higher the pressure, the stiffer the ride but better handling. For softer rides, you can keep it 32-34 range.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 13:23   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Today evening got a message 'Key not detected' and was unable to start the car. Called Kia RSA, and in exactly an hour they sent a technician who jumpstarted the car. This is the second time in a span of 7 days that the car has refused to start due to low battery. Car delivered during Jan 2021, car was idle for 2 months till 7th June. Happy with Kia RSA, but would like to drive the car to Kia service center to find out and if required charge the battery.
I understand that smart key has a physical key that can be used to unlock the car if the smart key is unable to because of low or dead battery in smart key fob.

However, will the physical key also work in case the battery of the car itself is dead?

The reason I ask is this is because some cars do use electronics to unlock the door even while using the mechanical key.( Watch the embedded video from 3:00 ) )

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smart-key-mechanical-key.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-smart-key-mechanical-key-electronic-.jpg
Old 26th September 2023, 23:20   #2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Akash!

Looks good & very discreet! Please do update us on the performance & the light throw on actual roads!

Regards,
Powertrain
Sorry for a late response. Was caught up in a couple of things and missed sharing feedback on Aux lights I recently got installed. I got the chance to drive with these in complete darkness and early morning time on highways and mountain roads in Sakleshpur. TBH these enhance the visibility manifold. I could drive with much more confidence and the low beam throw is great. High beam throw is out of the world and it lights up the entire scenery in front of you. I made sure I used low beam or even switched off Aux lights in Mountain roads if there was oncoming traffic. These would definitely dazzle them and hamper their visibility. Sharing some pictures and videos I took during the drive.

1. OEM Headlights only
Kia Seltos : Official Review-oem-headlights.jpg

2. OEM + Aux Low Beam
Kia Seltos : Official Review-oem-aux-low-beam.jpg

3. OEM + Aux High Beam
Kia Seltos : Official Review-oem-aux-high-beam.jpg

4. Here is a video which can give you a better sense.
akash3185 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 01:12   #2812
Distinguished - BHPian

Those using wired Apple Carplay, does the head unit show the dialed contact list when you press the Call button on the steering wheel? Mine doesn't and hence, my question.

I had been using Android Auto all this time and pressing the call button took me to the call list. Recently moved to Carplay and this doesn't work. I have to click the green call icon on the head unit screen to make the list appear. All other functions work, I make calls without issue and even disconnect using the steering controls. Without being connected to Carplay but just Bluetooth, the call button on steering wheel works fine too.
Old 27th September 2023, 15:28   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Those using wired Apple Carplay, does the head unit show the dialed contact list when you press the Call button on the steering wheel?
I just checked this on my Sonet, and it doesn't. Looks like a bug/limitation with Apple CarPlay. I see related posts on the Apple discussions forum.
robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 22:28   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Those using wired Apple Carplay, does the head unit show the dialed contact list when you press the Call button on the steering wheel? Mine doesn't and hence, my question.

I use apple car play & HU shows the call list when the call button is pressed.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 23:30   #2815
BHPian

Quote:

I had been using Android Auto all this time and pressing the call button took me to the call list. Recently moved to Carplay and this doesn't work. I have to click the green call icon on the head unit screen to make the list appear. All other functions work, I make calls without issue and even disconnect using the steering controls. Without being connected to Carplay but just Bluetooth, the call button on steering wheel works fine too.

Check for software update/upgrade of the head unit.
I would just do a hard reset of your Head Unit. And see what this the outcome.
YouTube
(I have no realation with this YouTube channel)
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 13:52   #2816

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash3185 View Post
I just got the Aux lights installed on my Seltos. Have not had a chance to drive during the night but have a trip planned on the weekend. The Aux lights are connected to Fog lamps so I can switch them On or Off as per my convenience. They also have low and high Beam. Low Beam is white and high has a yellowish tint. Will share my feedback next week. As the pics show, the lights are fixed on backets in Air Dam. Attaching a picture of my car for your reference. Not very clear but will share better ones next week.
Have a few questions on this :
1) What was the final price for the total setup?
2) Where did you get it done?
3) How do you switch from low beam to high beam?
4) How is the performance now compared to the default/factory settings and would you recommend it?
Old 1st October 2023, 19:21   #2817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well deserved, I say. From all the mainstream cars that I’ve driven in 2019, the Seltos is the one that left the strongest impression on me…and the one I’d want to bring home.
This comment of yours motivated me to check out the Kia Seltos today. I'm looking for a mid-sized SUV in the Rs 20 lakhs price range. A cracker of a car and far more fun to drive than Elevate, Hyryder & Grand Vitara albeit with a stiff suspension.

Quote:
While both the ATs are top-class, my pick would be the Diesel AT. I liked its driveability more, no overheating issues with brake-crawling in traffic, the fuel-economy will be higher and of course, the guaranteed reliability of the simpler torque converter gearbox in the long-term. The fact that I don’t have to pay any premium for the diesel engine makes it a no-brainer choice for me. If you were wondering about where the market is, it’s almost a 50:50 between the Seltos petrol & diesel
GTO please could you expand on your comments marked (by me) in bold. Are you saying the diesel automatic is the more reliable transmission to go with? At this point I am okay between choosing petrol or diesel. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 16th October 2023, 21:44   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash3185 View Post
Sorry for a late response. Was caught up in a couple of things and missed sharing feedback on Aux lights I recently got installed.
The light setup is very discreet and the output is extraordinarily good

Last edited by gotoguru : 16th October 2023 at 21:47.
gotoguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 22:03   #2819

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
The light setup is very discreet and the output is extraordinarily good
I'm currently in Kerela for a Road Trip. Can't thank my stars enough I got these. They light up the road really well. Tested these in rainy, cloudy weather and wet roads. Have not disappointed me 1 bit.
akash3185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 23:05   #2820
BANNED

Own a seltos DCT 2020 model. Is there option we can fit in the stock paddle shitters from kia SC?
PS: yeah my first post! !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks