Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2023, 12:25   #2776
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Mine is a lower variant HTK+ but running on the OE battery. Car is 45 months old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Get the battery checked out with a third party battery service guys.
The battery in my Seltos degraded in less than 10 months, due to corrosive air near my residence (been having battery issues on all my cars)
Depends on the usage and air quality where you stay.
Do check and maintain the water levels in the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash3185 View Post
Hi, I have Seltos Diesel GTX+, bought in Oct 2020. Battery works just fine. (Fingers Crossed). Best option is to get your battery checked outside.

Thanks guys for your inputs !
Got the battery checked from a battery dealer. He found one of the cells to be weak and told that it is a matter of luck how long the battery will last. For now, he has topped up the distilled water in all the cells. He suggested, as a good practice, atleast 10 km ride once a week to keep the battery charged

The factory fitted one is also an Exide battery, but with a warranty of 1.5 yrs. So the service centre guy was right when he said battery may need replacement after 2 years. Since mine has crossed 3 year mark and could sense few initial signs of weakening battery, I am thinking of proactively going for a replacement instead of extracting the last available juice out of it. I had a bitter experience with my previous car with a dead battery in the middle of a busy road !

BTW, the price quoted by the dealer for Exide is 6.5k and Amaron 6k with buyback of existing battery. 60 months warranty. Surprising the service centre quoted 9.7k !

Planning to get Amaron this time since tbhp favours it more than Exide.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 29th July 2023 at 12:31.
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 14:59   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.at View Post
Hey Stribog, Do you still have the dieseltronic on your seltos? What is your long term review? I got it installed recently and after 300kms of city drive i got a DPF error. Wondering if it could be due to dieseltronic or something else.
Hey Sreejith, yes I do and long term I definitely recommend it. Of course, during city drives in Mumbai I don't even use it (I should try the eco mode once but in my trial runs it was so sluggish that I hated it). I haven't gotten a single DPF error (touchwood) to this day, either pre or post the chip.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2023 at 07:01. Reason: SMS lingo
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 00:29   #2778

Hello fellow BHPians,

Some of us are not happy with the stock LED headlamps that come with GTX+ variants.
I am definitely 1 of them and have always been looking out for an upgrade. All of a sudden one fine day Insta shows me target advertisement for The Automotive Lighting Experts. Their page has details and videos on octo q Matrix headlights for Kia Seltos. These are plug and play installations and when contacted they confirmed it does not void warranty. But these do not come cheap. This establishment is based out of Bangalore and wanted to check with Bangalore folks if anyone has gone for these? Any real world reviews? I definitely want to go for them (except the dancing light function) but want to check first hand info and review. Any suggestions/comments/reviews welcome.
Old 6th August 2023, 01:50   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All of a sudden one fine day Insta shows me target advertisement for The Automotive Lighting Experts. Their page has details and videos on octo q Matrix headlights for Kia Seltos. These are plug and play installations and when contacted they confirmed it does not void warranty. But these do not come cheap. This establishment is based out of Bangalore and wanted to check with Bangalore folks if anyone has gone for these? Any real world reviews? I definitely want to go for them (except the dancing light function) but want to check first hand info and review. Any suggestions/comments/reviews welcome.
I don't have the quad projector matrix setup but using a HID kit from Automotive Lighting Xpertz for 3 years now. While the light output has been excellent, the setup itself has NOT been trouble free. A rather complex setup with ballast, connectors and a HID bulb means I can't repair it at any roadside place and have to get back to Anton for a fix.

You can check some of the issues that I shared in my post here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5383178

A year has passed since the above post and around May 2023, I observed flickering with my other headlight as well. Anton's team said their previous set of ballasts gave trouble at times and that I should upgrade to their latest model. Paid for a new ballast and now both side headlights have this "new" model ballast. Working fine and fingers crossed.

My suggestion would be not to tamper with the OE LED headlamps. Rather go for couple of auxiliary projectors which Anton is able to fit inside the airdam with appropriate brackets (have seen quite a few Creta, Seltos and Carens with such setup). This way if ever these aux lights malfunction, your stock lights can still help you get home. And yes, these projectors will be cheaper than the matrix setup.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th August 2023 at 01:52.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 16:10   #2780

Quote:
My suggestion would be not to tamper with the OE LED headlamps. Rather go for couple of auxiliary projectors which Anton is able to fit inside the airdam with appropriate brackets (have seen quite a few Creta, Seltos and Carens with such setup). This way if ever these aux lights malfunction, your stock lights can still help you get home. And yes, these projectors will be cheaper than the matrix setup.
Thanks for your inputs Ashis89. This option looks better. Any idea if these Aux Projectors will have any impact on Warranty? And are these Road legal?
Old 6th August 2023, 16:34   #2781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs Ashis89. This option looks better. Any idea if these Aux Projectors will have any impact on Warranty? And are these Road legal?
Even a bulb upgrade can be deemed illegal if the cops want to target someone. Realistically speaking, these are not illegal as they are below the level of the existing headlamps and are also nicely concealed behind the airdam. Warranty shouldn't be an issue as the installation can be done without any wire splicing.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 00:31   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,

Some of us are not happy with the stock LED headlamps that come with GTX+ variants.
I am definitely 1 of them and have always been looking out for an upgrade. All of a sudden one fine day Insta shows me target advertisement for The Automotive Lighting Experts. Their page has details and videos on octo q Matrix headlights for Kia Seltos. These are plug and play installations and when contacted they confirmed it does not void warranty. But these do not come cheap. This establishment is based out of Bangalore and wanted to check with Bangalore folks if anyone has gone for these? Any real world reviews? I definitely want to go for them (except the dancing light function) but want to check first hand info and review. Any suggestions/comments/reviews welcome.

I have a Hella light bar, and extremely satisfied with it's performance.

On dry drives, the normal white colour with it's focussed throw improves visibility easily by a factor of 50%. Rainy days it's even better, I have an orange cover and this colour temperature aids in rainy drives also.

I only use it on highways. In the 2 years I have had it only used the orange mode - so it doesn't hamper oncoming drivers- during rainy days in the city, have also driven it across 6 States and not once have I been stopped by cops or challenged on it.

Strongly recommend it.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 11:34   #2783
BHPian

I have been driving my Seltos GTX DCT Plus since I bought it in Dec 2019 in 'Eco' mode. Once I did try 'Sports' mode, but found it too eager for City Roads. Till now I always felt that the car was quite jumpy, especially on humps and rumble strips (which we find aplenty in Hyderabad) and whenever I needed to push the car, there was no grunt.

A week back, I decided to give 'Normal' mode a chance and realized that it's way more smooth and tractable in this mode. Not only that, I am finding that it isn't as jumpy as earlier and the suspension seems to be more balanced (maybe because there is more horizontal pull thereby negating vertical jumps, just my noob way of thinking). However, all said and done, I am extremely happy with this discovery (even though I would get 0.5 - 1 km less mileage per litre of petrol).
Old 8th August 2023, 13:02   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Even a bulb upgrade can be deemed illegal if the cops want to target someone. Realistically speaking, these are not illegal as they are below the level of the existing headlamps and are also nicely concealed behind the airdam. Warranty shouldn't be an issue as the installation can be done without any wire splicing.
Hello Ashis89!

I too have a Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT! Like most owners here, I too find headlights inadequate.
If possible do you have links/pics where the placement of aux. lights are concealed behind the airdam?!

Appreciate the inputs!

Regards,
Powertrain!
Old 8th August 2023, 16:34   #2785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Ashis89!

I too have a Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT! Like most owners here, I too find headlights inadequate.
If possible do you have links/pics where the placement of aux. lights are concealed behind the airdam?!

Appreciate the inputs!

Regards,
Powertrain!
I don't have this setup but I have seen IG posts where they have done this setup on Octavia, Jetta, Seltos, Creta and few more. Here's some posts that I could find.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cl0G1OT...RlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTzvEi-F...RlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtcYzQl...RlODBiNWFlZA==

You can do some research and see if there are other installers who can achieve a similar or better installation.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 00:03   #2786

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Ashis89!

Appreciate the inputs!

Regards,
Powertrain!
I just got the Aux lights installed on my Seltos. Have not had a chance to drive during the night but have a trip planned on the weekend. The Aux lights are connected to Fog lamps so I can switch them On or Off as per my convenience. They also have low and high Beam. Low Beam is white and high has a yellowish tint. Will share my feedback next week. As the pics show, the lights are fixed on backets in Air Dam. Attaching a picture of my car for your reference. Not very clear but will share better ones next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20230809_235858.jpg  

akash3185 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 02:12   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Low Beam is white and high has a yellowish tint. Will share my feedback next week.
Are these projector aux lamps? HID or LED? Do share some pics of the throw at night.

Shouldn't low beam be yellow and high beam be white?
Old 10th August 2023, 08:27   #2788

Quote:
Are these projector aux lamps? HID or LED? Do share some pics of the throw at night.

Shouldn't low beam be yellow and high beam be white?
Its These ones to be exact.
I was told high beam is yellow for foggy, cloudy and rainy conditions; it enhances visibility.

IMHO its never advised to drive at night with high beams. It's a serious danger for oncoming traffic. Car driving ahead gets irritated as well.

I am driving down to Sakleshpur this weekend. Will thoroughly test the lights during night time and share some pictures.
akash3185 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 13:21   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Its These ones to be exact.
I was told high beam is yellow for foggy, cloudy and rainy conditions; it enhances visibility.

IMHO its never advised to drive at night with high beams. It's a serious danger for oncoming traffic. Car driving ahead gets irritated as well.

I am driving down to Sakleshpur this weekend. Will thoroughly test the lights during night time and share some pictures.
Hello Akash!

Looks good & very discreet! Please do update us on the performance & the light throw on actual roads!

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 13:53   #2790
BHPian

Any Seltos owner with a the UVO/Kia Connect subscription; do any of you receive a notification when your car door is left unlocked after getting out of the car?
DCTfanatic is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks