Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 17:09   #2746
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

As 3rd year comes to an end for my Seltos ownership, got a message from my dealer's Insurance guy to renew RSA; that came bundled for 3 years at the time of sale. Price is for 3 years Basic and Premium - 3499 and 5199 respectively. From their document looks like can be renewed for a year or 2. Here is what they shared

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20230614wa0005.jpg

Then there is KIA Connect. Which is priced 3490 for 3 years when taken with basic. So total basic KIA Connect + RSA comes to 6989.

For KIA Connect, renewal details are given here in their site.

So basically, we can take only the RSA or take the whole KIA Connect package which includes RSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
Saying so, I would have renewed it just for sake of having the feature activated rather having some unusable buttons/apps and for those very few scenarios when it works. Mine is yet to expire. I guess I would go for 3 years basic plan at 6999 (IIRC), so that not have to think about this mostly wasteful feature for 3 years.
As I told before, I guess I'll be going with 3 year basic KIA Connect.
dipdawiz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 23:19   #2747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.2299 View Post
Eventually today got a call from my sales advisor stating that he will convert my booking for facelift model.
Anything on facelift with ADAS features coming?
Old 15th June 2023, 12:20   #2748

My Sales Advisor said ADAS is confirmed, when I asked for electric tailgate he was silent.
Old 15th June 2023, 17:25   #2749
BHPian

Kia Seltos facelift unofficial bookings open, they have been open since the beginning of the month, (even before in some dealerships) but carwale got to know that only now it seems!

https://www.carwale.com/news/kia-sel...ely-in-august/
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 02:44   #2750
BHPian

I am finding that the brightness of the Bose ICE unit as well as the instrument cluster automatically becomes extremely low at night and becomes almost unusable. Is there a setting using which I can increase the default brightness for night time?
Old 18th June 2023, 11:24   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I am finding that the brightness of the Bose ICE unit as well as the instrument cluster automatically becomes extremely low at night and becomes almost unusable. Is there a setting using which I can increase the default brightness for night time?
You can set that from Settings > Display. There are a few options like, a blue light filter, auto illumination, daylight, and night settings. The auto illumination with a warmer blue light filter works fine for me. Maybe you can try lowering the cluster illumination.

You can see the instructions here in the web manual, https://buy.kia.com/in/webmanual/AVN...s_display.html

PS: I'm using a Sonet, but I believe it's the same for Seltos as well.
Old 19th June 2023, 08:32   #2752

I booked a new Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic and am expecting delivery later this week. Got some discount (free insurance which is a Kia offer + 25k from dealer) since the new facelift is coming.

Wanted to check a few things from fellow owners here:
1. Am offered free accessories worth 25k, anything specific I should ask for?
2. Was offered ceramic coating for 30k, is it worth taking? My colour is intense red.
3. The dealer is pitching some transparent RTO approved sun film for 26k, is it worth taking?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th June 2023, 09:18   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker23 View Post
I booked a new Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic and am expecting delivery later this week. Got some discount (free insurance which is a Kia offer + 25k from dealer) since the new facelift is coming.

2. Was offered ceramic coating for 30k, is it worth taking? My colour is intense red.
3. The dealer is pitching some transparent RTO approved sun film for 26k, is it worth taking?

Thanks in advance.
You should have bargained for more offers considering the facelift is set to launch soon. Kia officially has the following offer:

Save up to ₹1.83 lakhs with exclusive ownership packages.
Exclusive Exchange Bonus up to ₹60,000
Complimentary Accessory Benefits up to ₹25,000
Additional Customer Savings up to ₹81,000
Corporate Benefits up to ₹17,500

Here in Kerala we have offers upto more than 2 lakhs!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 09:39   #2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
You should have bargained for more offers considering the facelift is set to launch soon. Kia officially has the following offer:

I was offered the exchange bonus but even with the exchange bonus of 30k /60k I was getting higher offers for my existing car from Cars24 and Spinny so decided to go ahead with them.

What I understand is that more offers are there for the petrol models (they offer 60k exchange bonus for petrol but only 30k for diesel).

Am planning to speak to the dealership today when I sign the various RTO papers to get some additional discounts and benefits.
Old 19th June 2023, 09:51   #2755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post

Most of these offers are on petrol IVT and DCT models, that are lying at stockyards. Diesel AT has been high on demand and might be going for less discounts.
Old 19th June 2023, 11:30   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker23 View Post

Thanks in advance.
I have booked a Petrol HTX manual and got the same 25k offer. I ended up comparing cost of accessories outside of Kia and found the cost to be similar. So I picked up a few including side step and the total came to be arounf 32.6k. Ended up paying the difference amount to the dealer.
Old 19th June 2023, 17:25   #2757
BHPian

My Sep 2019 Seltos AC stopped working couple of days back. There is no error message on the console.
Today took the car to Kia authorised Service (Bhavna Kia) they checked and concluded that compressor has faulted and needs replacement. They don't stock it, will take 12-15 days to arrive once ordered. On top of this, the cost is eye watering ~Rs 50K.

Have checked with local garages and also with Go mechanic, none could provide a satisfactory answer.

Should I go with the authorised service center? Or can someone from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai suggest any trusted AC mechanic.

PS: Realising my stupidity of not taking extended warranty.

Last edited by S.MJet : 19th June 2023 at 17:27.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 19:39   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
My Sep 2019 Seltos AC stopped working couple of days back. There is no error message on the console.
Today took the car to Kia authorised Service (Bhavna Kia) they checked and concluded that compressor has faulted and needs replacement. They don't stock it, will take 12-15 days to arrive once ordered. On top of this, the cost is eye watering ~Rs 50K.
That's a lot. Were there any tell tale signs before the failure? Check with the service centre if they agree for a goodwill warranty (full or partially) since the car is not too old.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 10:03   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That's a lot. Were there any tell tale signs before the failure? Check with the service centre if they agree for a goodwill warranty (full or partially) since the car is not too old.
No signs before failure. Just stopped working one fine morning.
Discussed all options with service advisor, in fact he is the one who suggested to explore outside. Will cost less than half (compressor ~21K+~3K labor), but without any warranty. The issue is part is not available anywhere.

I am going with the service center.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 20:01   #2760
BHPian

Booked the Seltos facelift for my better half. Good offers on current stock but I personally want the 1.5 turbo. The SA insisted that 4th July would be like a 'teaser' and launch would be in August... let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks