Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 00:22   #2701
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I've been facing a peculiar issue on my Seltos GTX+ DCT since over a month now.
Sometime last month during my drive to Nagpur, the TPMS suddenly showed low pressure on both front tyres but the psi on all 4 tyres was 33!
I stopped and checked both tyres, no signs of any puncture so continued with the journey while keeping an eye on the PSI.
Reached Seoni with zero drop in air pressure. Still got both tyres checked for punctures and as expected, there was no puncture in either tyre and no leaking valves either.
The TPMS continued to show low pressure on both front tyres throughout my journey till Mumbai.
A few days later when I took out the car again and the TPMS only showed low pressure error for the front left tyre.
I then drove the car all the way to Ahmedabad and have been here since over a week and the car continues to show me the error but there has been zero loss of air pressure.

My question is that is there a way of resetting TPMS?
I looked up the manual but couldn't find anything related.
Or would I need to take the car to the nearest KIA service center?
Have a simple solution which worked for me
Disconnect the battery & reconnect after 5-10 minutes, the TPMS recalibrates itself on its own

Worked for me
Try it & update here if this works for you
Old 14th April 2023, 12:33   #2702

The rear speaker audio setting are for HTE, HTK versions only.. please check the images below, it works only when connected to android auto not in Radio mode
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20230414_112612.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20230414_112619.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20230414_112653.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20230414_112701.jpg  

NOMORE7KRPM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 08:05   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malim View Post
I don't see these options on my Seltos. Could you post a photo of that screen?
Ditto, I spent 5 mins and gave up. Either OP is trolling us as a practical joke or he has some new settings.
Old 15th April 2023, 13:00   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Ditto, I spent 5 mins and gave up. Either OP is trolling us as a practical joke or he has some new settings.
Let's be fair to the OP. They have posted pictures of their system to back up their description. Looks like those of us with Bose-equipped variants don't get these options.
malim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 10:42   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Any one has information of new Seltos launch timings, which is likely to have ADAS Level-2 feature.

Want to buy a car with ADAS features. Current options are
1. MG Astor, Was not impressed with turbo engine.
2. VW Tiagun, Has all hardware of ADAS but disabled in Indian Model. But not worth changing few things updating software and loosing warranty. Some t-BHPians have done it though (VW Tiguan DIY | Adding Adaptive Cruise Control, Massaging, TPMS & Wireless Charging). VW thinks ADAS is not for India it seems, but i feel its perfect for Indian Highways, much better than just cruise control.
3. XUV 700, too big for me.
4. Love the Diesel AT GT Plus of KIA Seltos, But lacks ADAS.

Hopefully KIA would launch ADAS soon, Being the brand which went aggressive on Automatics and tasted success.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...370078853.html
Old 16th April 2023, 13:26   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Hello Folks.
I drive a Seltos HTX D AT (May 2022 manufactured) currently with odo at 14k

There are 4 issues I need assistance with:
1. During slow speeds, if I press the accelerator (no sudden inputs), there is some jerk which I experience, like engine is missing. The car remains in the same gear but jerks for a while. All this happens below 2k rpm.

2. In third gear around 1500-2000rpm, the downshift to second is quite jerky. (The accelerator input is moderate to catch up the moving vehicle ahead.)

3. When I engage reverse gear and car is stationary, there are vibrations which are felt. These were not present before. (Breaks fully pressed)

4. The engine rpm fluctuates at idle. I have shared a video recording of the same with service centre. But as there are no fault codes and the problem did not occur in their presence, they could not do much. It has happened quite a number of times now.
Seems like the known fuel injector issue. Please check my thread on the same (Alcazar but same engine) - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...injectors.html (Hyundai Alcazar | Juddering due to faulty fuel injectors)

Several other members have reported the same issue on Seltos.
Old 17th April 2023, 12:38   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
I've been facing a peculiar issue on my Seltos GTX+ DCT since over a month now.
Sometime last month during my drive to Nagpur, the TPMS suddenly showed low pressure on both front tyres but the psi on all 4 tyres was 33!
I stopped and checked both tyres, no signs of any puncture so continued with the journey while keeping an eye on the PSI.

Had the same issue with My car as well. The solution is to increase the tire pressure to 40 and then bring it down to 35 for the tire that is showing error. However in my case the error was still showing. Took it to the dealership and they increased the pressure to 40 for all tires and brought it down to 35 and the error went away. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th April 2023 at 15:13. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 18th April 2023, 01:23   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Hello Folks.
I drive a Seltos HTX D AT (May 2022 manufactured) currently with odo at 14k

There are 4 issues I need assistance with:
1. During slow speeds, if I press the accelerator (no sudden inputs), there is some jerk which I experience, like engine is missing. The car remains in the same gear but jerks for a while. All this happens below 2k rpm.
I have also had this issue in my new Kia Carens Diesel Automatic (now around 3,000 kms). And this happens exactly how you have described, while going in around 1,500-1,600 RPM coasting and trying to accelerate.

The service center said its due to DPF and its fine, but it happened again after they said they fixed it (not sure what they fixed). The car did not have any errors or check engine light in the instrument cluster btw.

Last edited by inwester : 18th April 2023 at 01:24.
Old 20th April 2023, 00:12   #2709
BHPian

Posting on behalf of my friend.

"We own a 2020 GT Line D AT and experience has been mixed. Hence, we were planning to extend warranty to 5th year. To our surprise, even though vehicle is under standard warranty period, there is no option to extend the warranty at this point. Kia has told us that extension is possible only in first 2 year of ownership. which is quite unfortunate and unheard of. This was not intimated at the time of delivery as well.

Requesting all owners to kindly advise if you have come across this situation and managed a way out to get the warranty extended. It was literally a bombshell to us, which we didn't expect from Kia. Also, our 2 cents to prospective owners, please do read through fine prints before purchasing Kia vehicles."
Old 20th April 2023, 18:12   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
...Requesting all owners to kindly advise if you have come across this situation and managed a way out to get the warranty extended. It was literally a bombshell to us, which we didn't expect from Kia. Also, our 2 cents to prospective owners, please do read through fine prints before purchasing Kia vehicles."
Actually, this was very clearly specified in the pamphlet the dealership gave me, when I purchased the vehicle. What was available then was a three-year standard warranty with purchase options for extending either to four years or to five years, as a package. There was never an option to buy the four year package and then to extend it by another one year. If I recall correctly, there was an upper time limit for purchasing the extended warranty and there was even a lower differential pricing available if the extended warranty was purchased within 90 days (?) or so from the date of purchase of the vehicle.

The dealer in my case - Epitome Kia Whitefield had given all these details in the price break-up.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 20th April 2023 at 18:23. Reason: additional information
Old 24th April 2023, 15:39   #2711
BHPian

Of late I've been receiving calls from random numbers with various different schemes , all of which seem to be a scam.

I've so far received about 4-5 calls. Initial ones were for holiday trip etc, and to pay 5k for coupons.

Second set of calls came in for some stupid thing like "Road Side Assistance Card" for 4k. When I asked her details of company, she said some 24/7 India or something similar, when i pushed for more details on how she got my number and vehicle details, she hung up. I've registered a complaint against service provider.

Just a heads up. I'm not sure how my data/vehicle related information is leaking out to such scammers. Be careful out there.
Old 24th April 2023, 20:43   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Of late I've been receiving calls from random numbers with various different schemes , all of which seem to be a scam.

I've so far received about 4-5 calls. Initial ones were for holiday trip etc, and to pay 5k for coupons.

Second set of calls came in for some stupid thing like "Road Side Assistance Card" for 4k. When I asked her details of company, she said some 24/7 India or something similar, when i pushed for more details on how she got my number and vehicle details, she hung up. I've registered a complaint against service provider.

Just a heads up. I'm not sure how my data/vehicle related information is leaking out to such scammers. Be careful out there.
Looks like the data seems to have leaked from RTO or insurance companies as it is happening for Toyota and Ford owners too.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:44   #2713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
Attaching a very recent trip to the airport from my home in Gurgaon during the peak hours & was my self stunned by the FE figures.
Absolutely loving the Seltos & i am super happy with my decision.
Dracarys's 6000 km Update
- My Dracarys has completed 6000 kms (in 6 months) with no problem whatsoever! Second service at 5k done. The vehicle is very refined with no creaks / rattles inside or outside.
Overall FE has dropped down to 14.7 kmpl purely due to city driving (haven't been able to take any road trips outside of Gurgaon in the last 4 months). Still pretty happy with the fuel efficiency numbers. Far exceeding my expectations. 360 deg camera & front parking sensors in my opinion are a boon for city driving.

I have heard people commenting / criticizing the Bose audio system - I have no complaints on that front as i use wired Apple car play through which the sound quality is top notch.

Looking forward to more miles!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos_fe-update_6k.jpg  

Old 28th April 2023, 18:40   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
Looks like the data seems to have leaked from RTO or insurance companies as it is happening for Toyota and Ford owners too.
Yes, And They know exact vehicle we've bought. Its impossible for this data to leak like this apart from insurance folks or the sales reps selling data.
CosmicGeneral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 09:20   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Yes, And They know exact vehicle we've bought. Its impossible for this data to leak like this apart from insurance folks or the sales reps selling data.
In my case when I refused this so called card, they got agitated asking why would I refuse the card as it was specifically for my "4 wheeler". When I questioned them if they could tell me which vehicle I own, they said thank you and hung up.
IonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks