Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 21:09   #2596
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Folks anyone upgraded their speakers on the HTX+ ? The Bose OEM leaves a lot to be desired and am looking to improve my output. Car is already damped.
I'm not an audiophile, but both the mid range and the bass seem a bit muffled. The EQ settings make some difference, but not much.

Also, is there any way to avoid the traffic rules warning showing up everytime we turn on the headunit?
Old 7th December 2022, 10:50   #2597
BHPian

Kia prices to be increased from Jan 2023? Received following message today from my SA

Quote:
Subject: Price Revision on all Kia Models

Dear customers,
Please be apprised that, KIN will take an upward price revision from 1st January 2023 on All Kia models,we have experienced steep price increase across supply chain including raw material & logistics. As such the price increase becomes imminent.
Exact extent of price increase will be intimated on 1st January 2023.
Please note that the price increase shall be applicable on all customer bookings existing as on 31st December 2022.
“Price & scheme prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable”

Regards
Old 7th December 2022, 17:13   #2598
BHPian

Nothing New. This has been a routine for the last 20 years. Indians are obsessed with the Year of manufacture and not the month or Model. The Car manufacturers are just cashing on it.

The worst thing is that the hike in prices is happening not once but 2-3 times in a Calendar Year, after the Pandemic started.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 20:35   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Reverse parking sensors of my 3 month old Seltos have started acting weird. Out of the blue, they would stop working and the MID displays "Parking Sensor Error or Blockage" message when this happens.

Strangely, the issue comes up randomly irrespective of outside weather (rainy or sunny) and goes away on its own. Has anyone else faced this?

Edit - There is nothing visible on the sensors that could cause a blockage. Is there any way to clean them thoroughly?

Last edited by self_driven : 8th December 2022 at 20:39.
Old 13th December 2022, 22:44   #2600

I have a Seltos Diesel 2020, however, recently started getting the DPF error on the cluster. And now the car is very slow to accelerate, and doesn't want to cross 2300-2500 RPM, if it does it takes some time and effort.
I tried to follow the process mentioned in the manual, but was unable to get rid of it. Was there any updates by KIA to provide regen option in 2020 models?

1) Has anyone who got the DPF code, faced this drop in acceleration?
2) Has anyone here gotten their DPF replaced? Due to extreme blockage, which was not cleared through the regen process. If yes, what was the cost charged to you?
3) Has any one tried using this product ("Liqui Moly 5169 Pro-Line Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner") to clear the DPF ? Have seen many videos, where garages outside India uses this, but none from India. Do you think this will help in clearing DPF quicker in seltos?

Appreciate your suggestions!
db_cooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:38   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_cooper View Post
I have a Seltos Diesel 2020, however, recently started getting the DPF error on the cluster. And now the car is very slow to accelerate, and doesn't want to cross 2300-2500 RPM, if it does it takes some time and effort!
Have you taken it to the service centre yet? If yes, what was their analysis? If not, please do it ASAP. DPF can cost upwards of 80k to replace. But if the part has gone bad under warranty (which I believe your car has), it should be replaced free of cost by the service centre.

Please don't use any cleaners before consulting the service centre once, to avoid risks of losing warranty.

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th December 2022 at 23:40.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:44   #2602

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Please don't use any cleaners before consulting the service centre once, to avoid risks of losing warranty.
Yes, will be taking it to the A.S.S over the weekend, till then not driving it.
Also, is the Drop in performance a known effect of blocked DPF?
Old 14th December 2022, 00:07   #2603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, will be taking it to the A.S.S over the weekend, till then not driving it.
Also, is the Drop in performance a known effect of blocked DPF?
Yes, the ECU can put the car in a safe mode when it detects a major issue like DPF clogging.

On a side note, how does your regular usage of the look like? Is it used in city only? For short or long distance? How many KMs has it done?

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th December 2022 at 00:09.
Old 14th December 2022, 09:48   #2604

Hi, I have an X-Line planned to be delivered in a few days. Any tips for maintenance? We will get a microfiber cloth for cleaning. Also, is some sort of coating useful e.g. PPF? Not sure how common/effective matte PPF is.
Old 14th December 2022, 10:58   #2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, the ECU can put the car in a safe mode when it detects a major issue like DPF clogging.

On a side note, how does your regular usage of the look like? Is it used in city only? For short or long distance? How many KMs has it done?
Ok, that's a relief, hopefully power gets restored once the DPF is cleaned.
The car has been mostly used in city and highway run is once or twice in a month. But recently, haven't used it on the highways.
Total KM's till date is around 35K only.
Old 14th December 2022, 11:57   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Seltos Diesel 2020, however, recently started getting the DPF error on the cluster. And now the car is very slow to accelerate, and doesn't want to cross 2300-2500 RPM, if it does it takes some time and effort.
* Please ignore my post, I missed to read information regarding ODO on your post *

As a user of the same engine in Alcazar, I have the below queries.
Could you please confirm whether this is the first time you have come across DPF issue in your Seltos ? If so, what is the current ODO of your car ?

Last edited by Hickstead : 14th December 2022 at 11:59.
Old 18th December 2022, 14:04   #2607
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I have now completed nearly 2700 kms on my Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT and i am happy to share my quick mileage & drive related apprehensions about the Seltos DCT.

- The Car is fairly quick & smooth to drive. The 7 Speed DCT clutch and its stories got me very worried but happy to report a trouble free 3 month ownership experience with fantastic drive experience & mileage.
- My primarily usage has been in the city (Delhi-NCR) with frequent airport runs & also one outstation drive to Pushkar (nearly 450+ kms from Gurgaon)
- Overall Fuel efficiency has been ~16 km/L and has gone upto 19 km/L during the highway runs. I put my Seltos in the ECO mode when i am in bumper to bumper traffic in the city but in my opinion the NORMAL mode is the best where it gives the ideal performance & fuel efficiency.
- The DCT has been absolutely GEM to use so far with no overheating kind of situations & is butter smooth.
- I am an enthusiast who loves to rev the car hard but also on the other side i am very particular about my fuel efficiency. The overall numbers have been attained with Top Speed limited to 100 kmph & driving in general with a light foot.

Attaching a very recent trip to the airport from my home in Gurgaon during the peak hours & was my self stunned by the FE figures.
Absolutely loving the Seltos & i am super happy with my decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20221206_083258.jpg  

SJ1211 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 23:12   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
- Overall Fuel efficiency has been ~16 km/L and has gone upto 19 km/L during the highway runs. I put my Seltos in the ECO mode when i am in bumper to bumper traffic in the city but in my opinion the NORMAL mode is the best where it gives the ideal performance & fuel efficiency.
I have an IVT Seltos, I hardly manage a fuel efficiency of 10-12 km/l in city driving.
Recently I completed a 1500km long drive and even after driving with a very light foot the average mileage reading on Odo was 13.5 km/l.
Old 22nd December 2022, 11:11   #2609
BHPian

I saw a lot of comments complaining about the Bose audio in the Seltos, so i thought ill share my two cents.

I was very underwhelmed by the Bose system. It just felt very muddy to me and over the course of ownership, I actually stopped listening to music in the car, or only at low volumes. High volume brought rattles and distortion with it. Eventually i decided something needed to be done.

I took my car to Galaxy in Kochi. Its a very respected audio shop (they do other stuff too) and several BHPians have got their cars worked on here. Muneem, who runs the shop is a passionate audiophile, who walked me through the several upgrade paths available to me. But one thing he was clear about from the start was, the doors would need to be damped no matter what. There are some brands like VW where it isn’t necessary, but with Hyundai/Kia it absolutely is. Since I couldn’t afford to do it all at once, i decided to start with the damping.

I got all 4 doors damped with 3M at 10k (I think its 2 layers). And what a difference that made! It was really night and day. The bose felt like an entirely new system and i was enjoying listening to music in my car again. If you are even remotely passionate about audio quality, i recommend that you get it done. If you don't have a big budget like me, this alone will make a huge difference and also lays the groundwork for future upgrades.

I was now enjoying the true performance of the Bose system (only at the front, its pretty bad at the rear lol), but pretty soon the want for something better started gnawing at me. The biggest disappointment was the rear speakers. It sounded like they didnt exist. If you sat at the rear, you were still hearing the front speakers. So i popped down to Galaxy again. Muneem and i had discussed installing better coaxials in the rear, so that was what i had in mind. However, he convinced me to go for better components in the front. And I am so glad i did (will explain later).

So we swapped the front components out for DLS Performance MI 6.2 components. DLS is a Swedish brand and came recommended by Muneem. It was between this or Gladen. Gladen was the first choice because of its lower power requirement, which meant it could be run more effectively off the factory amp, but he did not have it in stock when i went. The comps cost me 18k inclusive of fitment.

The speakers blew me away. Granted it did not sound as good at first with the equaliser values set to 0. But some messing about with the eq and some hours of running in later, i was truly ecstatic with the result. As of today, this is the extent of my audio upgrades.

Now to the Bose scam (there really is no other word for it). Kia advertises it as an 8 speaker setup (component in the front door, coax in the rear, a speaker on the dash and a subwoofer in the boot, all powered by an amplifier). As we removed the factory speakers, we realized that only the front speaker is a 6.5. The rears are 5.25s that are housed in a 6.5’s slot. And the rears are vastly inferior to the fronts in construction (weight and depth of speaker). I can only assume that its the same story with the speaker on the dash and the sub in the boot. So for all practical purposes, the seltos has a 4 speaker audio system with speakers only on the front doors.

We thought since we removed the only working speakers on the seltos, might as well put the it in the rear (swap the front bose woofer for the rear). I thought this would solve the issue of no sound at the rear. Boy were we in for a surprise! The speakers which had sounded good at the front produced very little sound at the rear. This leads me to believe that the amp was not sending much power to the rear. Either that, or the rear speakers are powered directly by the head unit. This might be because the amp is not powerful enough, or the rear speakers are so bad that more power will only expose its lack of quality. Either way, the car continues to have noticeable sound only at the front.

As it stands, im very pleased with the performance of the DLS speakers. However, there is still more to be done. I am planning to add a subwoofer in the boot, upgrade the amplifier and possibly add a DSP. I dont know when this will happen, but if it does, I will update this thread with the results. Cheers!
Rajiv Krishnan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:01   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Krishnan View Post

So we swapped the front components out for DLS Performance MI 6.2 components. DLS is a Swedish brand and came recommended by Muneem. It was between this or Gladen. Gladen was the first choice because of its lower power requirement, which meant it could be run more effectively off the factory amp, but he did not have it in stock when i went. The comps cost me 18k inclusive of fitment.

We thought since we removed the only working speakers on the seltos, might as well put the it in the rear (swap the front bose woofer for the rear). I thought this would solve the issue of no sound at the rear. Boy were we in for a surprise! The speakers which had sounded good at the front produced very little sound at the rear. This leads me to believe that the amp was not sending much power to the rear. Either that, or the rear speakers are powered directly by the head unit. This might be because the amp is not powerful enough, or the rear speakers are so bad that more power will only expose its lack of quality. Either way, the car continues to have noticeable sound only at the front.

Wanted to know how the speaker installation was done, did they use any adapter and connected the speaker without cutting/splicing any wire? Curious to know whether any adapter is available for Hynundai/Kia Bose speaker connectors. I am also thinking to upgrade the front components only (done damping already).

Front woofer in place of back speaker may perform less if tweeter is not connected, in co-axial it has inbuilt tweeter. Without a tweeter, it has a large part of sound frequencies missing.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks