Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 12:40   #2581
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Congrats @Balboa, too early to worry about the 8 kmpl. You will see a difference in the next 1500 kms

@Karan561 has gotten 19 kmpl on his DCT Petrol
Link (Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT))

Enjoy your new car.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:34   #2582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am hearing the facelift Seltos will be debuted in India in Jan-2023.
If it gets debuted in Jan-23, when can we tentatively expect it's booking to start?

I am still contemplating if should book current version or wait for facelift.
I'd suggest you talk to the dealer. AFAIK, there is no separate booking process for facelift model. It is better to understand what the dealer has to say so that you can be ahead in the queue when facelift is launched.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st November 2022 at 14:35.
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:38   #2583
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
How is the experience with tuning box ? I am considering getting one since no one is able to remap the 1.5l Diesel engine.
Finally a remap is available for 1.5 Diesel Engine.
Attached Images

anb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:58   #2584
BHPian

I am unable to wirelessly charge my iPhone 13 on the charging pad of my Seltos GTX+ (Diesel). The Qi light doesn't get turned on and I have tried moving about my phone and also removing the back cover. In the KIA settings, wireless charging is enabled with tick box.

Am I missing anything here?

Also, everytime Android Auto comes on, none of the music apps work. I get an error message on Kia that "Audible / Spotify doesnt seem to be working at the moment". When I open the music app on my mobile and then refresh Android Auto on the Kia, the app starts working. Is this a common issue (I am new to Android Auto)?
Old 25th November 2022, 17:19   #2585

Kia has recently launched White LED Head Lights for Seltos HTK+ (or similar models).

Specifications are
Light Source: LED
Input Power: 2 X 45W
Operating Voltage: 12V DC
Luminous Flux: 6800 Lux
IP Rating: IP 67
Color Temperature: 6500K
Fitment: 9005

Warranty: 1 year from date of Purchase

Price quoted is around 7500/-

Should I go for this or can i get a better configuration

varun
Old 26th November 2022, 01:33   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavarun View Post
Kia has recently launched White LED Head Lights for Seltos HTK+ (or similar models).

Specifications are
Light Source: LED
Input Power: 2 X 45W
Operating Voltage: 12V DC
Luminous Flux: 6800 Lux
IP Rating: IP 67
Color Temperature: 6500K
Fitment: 9005

Warranty: 1 year from date of Purchase

Price quoted is around 7500/-

Should I go for this or can i get a better configuration

varun
Please don't. I desperately tried swapping my white lights on my HTX+but couldn't.

These lights have a horrible temperature, esp during rainy and dark conditions. Stick to the standard, your eyes will thank you later.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 13:04   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Please don't. I desperately tried swapping my white lights on my HTX+but couldn't.

These lights have a horrible temperature, esp during rainy and dark conditions. Stick to the standard, your eyes will thank you later.
I was also planning to change the stock halogen in the projector to LEDs. 6500k is definitely a no go considering rains. I was thinking more in the 4300k or 5000k temperature LEDs. Any idea how they fare in rains?
Old 27th November 2022, 16:08   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
I am unable to wirelessly charge my iPhone 13 on the charging pad of my Seltos GTX+ (Diesel).

Also, everytime Android Auto comes on, none of the music apps work. I get an error message on Kia that "Audible / Spotify doesnt seem to be working at the moment"?
Guys, is everyone else able to charge their iPhone 13s in the Kia wireless charging pad or is it only me facing this issue?

I managed to resolve the second issue. Turns out that the battery management of my mobile prevented Audible and Spotify to run in the background. Switching this off allowed audible to start from AA. Spotify still doesn't start by itself but that's more of a Spotify software bug - the Spotify forums are full of this.

Couple of other observations: this morning i decided to take my car out for a spin and managed to cross 100kms till now . The power is fantastic and the diesel auto is very smooth. While the creep is powerful, i am still getting used to the mild lag when pressing the accelerator after the creep. Flooring the accelerator makes it surge ahead but i haven't yet figured out how to circumvent the hardly imperceptible turbo lag. Of course, once the vehicle gets moving and the turbo starts spinning, the power available on tap is amazing. Overtaking and surging inbetween vehicles is quite easy. I really wish they had shown gear numbers in D-mode. It only shows when I use the paddle shifters. Even basic AMTs have this - dont know why Kia skimped on this.

My mileage is still at 8.5. i think it will take some time for the engine to break in and get going. I can already see a difference after the last 59 kms in both acceleration and smoothness.

Also the rearview mirror has a green tint at night - this doesn't show up at daytime. Is this normal or is there any protective film which I should remove?

I am also taking time to get used to the dimensions of the car and it's road presence. Somehow i keep feeling that the Seltos is quite large and the Creta looks much smaller on the road. I know that Seltos is only very marginally larger than Creta, but sitting inside the car and looking at other Cretas passing by, it feels that those are more compact and this is much larger and has more road presence. Maybe the muscular bonnet and curves on the sides make.it seem so. Because of this back of the mind feeling, i am overtly cautious when taking sharp turns because I don't want to misjudge the pavement distance or the vehicles next to me and thereby end up scratching the car during cornering. I guess only familiarity will help to resolve this.

When I exit the car after switching the engine off, i sometimes get a "Key not in the vehicle" warning and the remote doesn't work. The car keeps beeping and doesn't get locked. The only way to resolve this is to start the car until the warning goes away and then switch off and exit and then use the remote.

Today, i also got a warning on the TPMS that the front right tyre has low pressure. I filled all four tyres to 33 (they were at 30 even though I had set it to 32 two weeks back). However the warning hasn't gone away. After today's 50km ride, the display shows all four tyres at 34 degrees but the TPMS is still showing a low pressure warning only for this particular tyre. Switching off the car and restarting hasn't made this go away. Any ideas what this error could be?

Last edited by contentedbloke : 27th November 2022 at 16:10. Reason: Typo
Old 27th November 2022, 17:21   #2589
avk
BHPian

Quote:
the TPMS is still showing a low pressure warning only for this particular tyre. Switching off the car and restarting hasn't made this go away. Any ideas what this error could be?
After switching on the car, fill the air to more than 36 and then reduce it bring down to the desired number. The warning should go away after this.
avk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 19:37   #2590
RRU
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Read through your detailed post, few beautiful insights about the cars you mentioned that we tend to overlook easily.

I understand you are looking to buy a SUV but would recommend 2 cars from my side for test drive as I feel these might fulfill a lot of your requirements better apart from them being SUVs.

Honda City 1.5 MT petrol and Skoda Slavia 1.5 MT, do give them a try once.

Cheers!
Thanks - I have driven Honda City (4th gen) extensively and love the machine. In fact that is what i wanted to buy way back in 2013, but due to transition from 3rd gen to 4th gen, Honda had stopped taking bookings and i had limited time to decide. So, ended up buying Etios petrol considering its reliability and fussfree ownership. Cajoled my sister to buy the city when the 4th gen eventually came so that i could enjoy without owning one. Slavia and Virtus are also competent machines - i hear from my friends and acquaintances. However, this time I am clear about the car segment - it ought to be an SUV or an MPV with SUV traits given the kind of travel i plan to make over the next 5 years. So, inclined towards the ones i referred to and evaluating. That said, being a sedan owner i know i am compromising in certain departments (rear seat comfort, boot space, driving stability, etc.) while gaining in ceratin others (ground clearance, view and commanding position in the first row, modern tech and features, fuel economy, etc.).
RRU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 23:20   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Also, every time Android Auto comes on, none of the music apps work
Hope this solves your problem ( Music apps not working on android auto ):
1)Remove the battery optimization
2)Go to "App settings "
3)Enable "auto-start application"
4) Remove any battery optimization for that individual app(Spotify /jio saavn)
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20221127_231402.jpg  

vivek2652 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:51   #2592
BHPian

Can X-line owners share their long term review about matte color practicality/durability? After long term real world experience, will matte color will still be your choice today?

I am inclined towards X-line, matte color looks superb under showroom condition, but have doubts about its look in practical daily conditions & clear coat durability.

- are minor scratches sharply visible compered to other colors?
- does little dusty car color look bad in person?
- if matte clear coat damages, can it be easily resorted by new clear coat in service center?
Old 1st December 2022, 11:25   #2593
BHPian

Folks anyone upgraded their speakers on the HTX+ ? The Bose OEM leaves a lot to be desired and am looking to improve my output. Car is already damped.
Old 1st December 2022, 23:52   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Finally a remap is available for 1.5 Diesel Engine.
What's the power bump would you know?
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:57   #2595
BHPian

Kia has started Kia CPO - Certified Pre-owned Cars on their Website. On the ground, it is yet to materialize, at least in Bangalore.

How about in other Cities?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks