Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 11:42   #2506
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

A question regarding improving the ride quality in my Kia Seltos DCT 2019

After having driven my cousin's Jeep meridian for a few days and having sat in a friend's 7 year old Ford Ecosport, the ride quality in my Seltos bothers me more now!

Is there anything I can do to improve the ride quality? The thuds on even small bumps and potholes are getting really bothersome! The road i take everyday to my office is filled with such small bumps and multiple craters!

Any solutions in Bangalore?

Will a tyre upgrade make a perceptible change?

Please advise!

Last edited by car-o-holic : 21st September 2022 at 11:44.
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:44   #2507
BHPian

Has anyone got new weather and sports app on your Kia infotainment system?
This is shown in Kia Connect website
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_2022092214385693_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2022, 17:24   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post

After having driven my cousin's Jeep meridian for a few days and having sat in a friend's 7 year old Ford Ecosport, the ride quality in my Seltos bothers me more now!
Exact same feeling I am also having, whenever I use some other car, Seltos ride quality feels more bothersome.

Kia claims 2022 seltos suspension is better. Can we use suspension springs from 2022 model if they have softer side specs?
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:37   #2509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is there anything I can do to improve the ride quality? The thuds on even small bumps and potholes are getting really bothersome! The road i take everyday to my office is filled with such small bumps and multiple craters!

Please advise!
Try to maintain tyre pressure of 32-33 psi. That improves things a lot. I have gone below 30 too and it was even better but I wouldn't recommend going that low.

Soft compound tyres also make a perceptible difference in ride.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:38   #2510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advise!
Seltos suspension are set up on stiffer side to provide better handling at high speeds. Hence the ride quality suffers on bad roads which are, unfortunately, everywhere in Bangalore

Tyre upgrade to a softer tyre like Micheline can help but it may come at the cost of more wear and tear /punctures due to bad roads.

Second option is to keep the tyre pressure on lower side say around 32 instead of 35-36. This can make the ride less harsher to some extent. You can try and see if it makes a difference.

Not sure if 2022 suspension are softer and could be retrofited and economics of it.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 23rd September 2022 at 20:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 09:28   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any solutions for a squeaking armrest? My HTE is barely a month old and I can already hear squeaks from the area where it locks while putting weight on the armrest.

Last edited by self_driven : 24th September 2022 at 09:32.
Old 24th September 2022, 11:52   #2512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Guys, any solutions for a squeaking armrest? My HTE is barely a month old and I can already hear squeaks from the area where it locks while putting weight on the armrest.
Please get it checked at the service centre. I haven't heard of or faced this complaint from owners of Seltos. Could be a loose screw on the centre console.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 20:48   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Exact same feeling I am also having, whenever I use some other car, Seltos ride quality feels more bothersome.

Kia claims 2022 seltos suspension is better. Can we use suspension springs from 2022 model if they have softer side specs?
I drive 2022 Seltos DCT which has "retuned suspension", however recently damaged roads due to rains bother people inside cabin and I feel whatever improvement they have done (if any) it's not significant.
harshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 22:18   #2514
BHPian

Re: Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
They told me to drive the car for 2-3 hours over 3000 rpm
I like how to prevent pollution you need to pollute more
lina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 14:42   #2515
BHPian

Hello !

This is going to be my first post here, although I've been lurking around for a while looking at experiences .

Initially started looking at Compact SUV segment Sonet/Venue , however After a few months of deliberation/test drives between Creta, Seltos, Taigun & Kushaq, I've finally decided to book Seltos HTX IVT . This is going to be my first owned car here , I'm a bit conflicted of late with few queries

- I see mention of Seltos Diesel AT having great performance, but cost jump is a bit on higher end & the overall stance of govt these days regarding diesel vehicles .
- My driving isnt a lot and mainly will be utilized for weekend drive away or trips.
- Suspension related issues being highlighted, I was under impression recently modifications have made the suspension better . Is this still an issue with stiff suspensions ?

- The newer Seltos facelift thats coming up, apart from some feature enhancements, I dont see anything outstanding. Should I wait for the updated facelift version in hopes that ride quality/suspension issues might be fixed?

Any suggestions or views on the above would be much appreciated !

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th September 2022 at 14:56. Reason: TYPO EDITED
Old 1st October 2022, 06:46   #2516
BHPian

Has anyone installed after market parking sensors in their HTK variant? If yes, which brand and how much did it cost? Also does Kia themselves offer it?
Old 1st October 2022, 11:57   #2517
BHPian

Hi Has anyone received delivery of the Kia Seltos Diesel M in HTK/ HTK+ in Imperial Blue color?

I have booked mine (post cancellation of Scorpio N) and I am told that I might not get it even at the end of 4-5 months waiting period.
Old 1st October 2022, 20:39   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Hi Has anyone received delivery of the Kia Seltos Diesel M in HTK/ HTK+ in Imperial Blue color?

I have booked mine (post cancellation of Scorpio N) and I am told that I might not get it even at the end of 4-5 months waiting period.
I have a diesel HTK+ iMT booked in imperial color and waiting period quoted was of 14 weeks.
Old 1st October 2022, 22:04   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad47 View Post
I have a diesel HTK+ iMT booked in imperial color and waiting period quoted was of 14 weeks.
May I ask when did you book?

I booked on 26th Sept and just want to sure I will get the color.
Old 1st October 2022, 22:40   #2520
anb
BHPian

Performance of Seltos LED headlights in foggy conditions is shown in this video. Visibility is very poor. I was able to see the sides of the road on some occasions only because of the bright indicator lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks