Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 23:10   #2476
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGhost View Post
I have booked my Kia Seltos HTX Plus in Hyderabad. anyone got the delivery recently? If so, what was the waiting period. The official waiting period is 13-14 weeks and dealer says he can get it by 45 days.
I had booked a Seltos GTX+ 1.4GDI 7DCT on 25 Jun 22, got delivery on 10 Aug 22 (I was verbally told waiting of 16-18 weeks, and on the docket the dealer had mentioned 24-25 weeks). So effectively my waiting period was 6.5 weeks.

Last edited by phoenixash : 28th August 2022 at 23:11. Reason: Typo
phoenixash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 00:40   #2477
BHPian

Re: Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

Seltos Diesel does have SCR and DEF I believe.
If not, why only 2.0 L and above engines have it - is it a norm by Govt for 2.0 precisely ?
Old 29th August 2022, 04:46   #2478
BANNED

All diesel engines that comply with the BSVI norms need to have a mechanism to reduce the emission of nitrogen oxides. Small diesel engines (less than 2000 cc) use the Lean NOx Trap (LNT). (LNT is an alternative to the SCR system, the catalytic converter that uses AdBlue.)

LNT is also a catalyst. It is used by small diesel engine makers (Hyundai, Kia) due to the low emission of NOx that needs to be controlled, catalyst regeneration capacity, and low cost. However, Mahindra is using AdBlue even in its models (Marazzo, XUV300) that have the smaller 1500 cc diesel engine.

I feel that Mahindra has gone the right way by having all its diesel engines use AdBlue.
krsiva is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:48   #2479
Senior - BHPian

I purchased Seltos in March this year in Bangalore (KA-03) and received paper RC and not the smart card. However, heard that now people are getting smart card. Any idea if we can replace paer with proper smart card and how to go about it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th August 2022 at 09:49.
Old 29th August 2022, 12:34   #2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Seltos Diesel does have SCR and DEF I believe.
If not, why only 2.0 L and above engines have it - is it a norm by Govt for 2.0 precisely ?
Seltos Diesel does not have an SCR or DEF. It has something called Lean NOx Traps (LNT) as pointed out by BHPian krsiva.

Its not a norm by govt, but manufacturers can choose between these technology to reduce the emissions. LNT is more cost effective but cannot handle higher emissions.

From my experience, LNT is not enough even for 1.5L diesel engines. It leads to issues such as clogging of filter like what I am facing. The strategy of Mahindra seems to be more prudent by going for SCR & DEF even for sub 2.0L engines.
Dejay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 13:07   #2481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hi, HTX+ diesel manual owner here, how can I help
Any cons on this vehicle? Hows the suspension and mileage?
Old 29th August 2022, 19:52   #2482
avk
BHPian

Wanted to share an incident that happened with my Seltos when a baleno rammed in reverse.

Had gone to Rasta for a midnight drive on Friday. It started pouring when we reached there. Around 2 am in heavy downpour was waiting to reverse from the parking spot and start the return journey.

Saw a baleno moving on my IRVM towards the exit. I started reversing and was waiting for the baleno to move out. Instead the baleno started reversing towards my driver door. Thought it will stop but it didn't and rammed against the driver door.
The baleno driver blamed it on the rain for not able to see what was behind his car. I had a quick check of my driver door and was surprised to not find any scratches or big dents. Also the baleno driver was saying that I should have sounded my car's horn but how could I guess that he will not stop reversing and ram which happened in a split second.

Got back home in the still continuing downpour. The Mysuru Blr highway was getting water logged but we got back before the long traffic jam took place at some flooded points.
Had booked for 20k service for Saturday a week back and thought will get checked for any damages to the driver door during the service. Except for a couple of barely visible dents which were the size of a finger nail, didn't find any damage including paint scratches.
Next day woke up to news of flooded Blr Mysuru highway and submerged cars.
avk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 22:36   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
The strategy of Mahindra seems to be more prudent by going for SCR & DEF even for sub 2.0L engines.
I had almost finalized Seltos, mainly due to it's looks and styling,
but waited a little longer and bought XUV700 after Team-BHP votes for car of the year.

I still think Seltos is better looking of the two, but considering all other factors,
I guess I made right choice - quite happy with my decision.
MaanSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 06:53   #2484
BHPian

With worsening road condition in city area, Seltos stiff suspension is becoming increasingly painful.

Anyone tried changing Seltos suspension springs with softer ones, e.g. creta or any other compatible springs?
Old 4th September 2022, 21:30   #2485

How you guys are protecting the piano black interiors in seltos ? I have ocd about minor scratches. I have two mischievous sweet hearts. Can we do ppf or anything you guys suggest ?
Old 5th September 2022, 13:49   #2486

Hello guys. I have a Seltos HTX diesel. The visibility at night is really poor. I would like to ask the members here about the best way to improve the headlight visibility at night. Got 2 options scanning through this thread :
1) Replace the headlights - If so which are the best options? Please suggest
2) Get a hella light bar as suggested by @Stribog -> Worried since it is an aftermarket mod. And I drive frequently to Kerala. Could get a challan for this.
Old 5th September 2022, 17:08   #2487

Has KIA discontinued HTK Plus 1.5 Diesel AT? Carwale/Cardekho shows the particular model but not on KIA website.
Old 5th September 2022, 18:52   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.sikka View Post
Has KIA discontinued HTK Plus 1.5 Diesel AT? Carwale/Cardekho shows the particular model but not on KIA website.
Yes, Kia has indeed discontinued the Seltos HTK Plus 1.5 Diesel AT, with the Diesel AT range now beginning from the HTX Trim. Carwale still lists many discontinued variants for other cars as well, so better always to cross check with the brochure provided.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 19:12   #2489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.sikka View Post
HTK+ D comes with IMT now. The torque converter variant has been discontinued.
Old 5th September 2022, 23:28   #2490

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
With worsening road condition in city area, Seltos stiff suspension is becoming increasingly painful.
I had noticed that suspension of my Seltos softened a bit after driving for 10k kms. Although it is not as soft as Creta, I feel it got better when compared to day one.
samuelkoyya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks