Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 09:56   #2206
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I could get hold of black Seltos GTX plus diesel AT within a week in Kerala. I had my booking for HTK plus diesel AT with them but within a week they informed me of available free stock. There is huge price difference between both the diesel AT's but I went ahead thinking of safety features. I already drove 120 kms on first day. I felt some lag in pickup especially in eco mode. Today morning I realized that all the tires were set at 31 instead of recommended 35.

While browsing the service manual, I saw setting related with torque and pressure boost "unit", but I could not find anything in the mid setting. I'm not sure if this feature has been disabled in 2022 models. Can someone help me out ?

Last edited by rahulskumar : 9th February 2022 at 09:59.
Old 9th February 2022, 10:27   #2207
BHPian

Those want to update map of inbuilt nav system/maps in their Seltos, can follow this steps mentioned in this post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5253858 (Review: A Glacier White Pearl Kia Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic)

P.S. Should have post it in this thread, didn't think of it while posting.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 16:17   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshar126 View Post
Thank You. I got it installed a week or so back, noticeable difference in performance, excited to drive it on the highway on P2. I also believe it would considerably improve the drive on the hills as turbo lag does not exist at all, you can say in P2.

Any other suggestions/changes you suggest regarding the brakes/suspension and maybe the wiper blades, I got those changed in less than a year and still leaving trails now.

Thanks again it's good connecting with someone using the same car and upgrades.
Love my car and got a few more additions. In order of importance (in my personal ranking scale).

Tyres - at 26,000 km the OEM Goodyear Assurance had another 15-20k left easy, but two things convinced me to upgrade to a Yoko. Tyre noise and the punctures. I was averaging 1 puncture every 2 months and it was getting annoying. Worth every penny. Ride quality has also marginally improved.

Audio Damping - The one big letdown in the car is the allegedly good Bose system. In my opinion it is just plain terrible. I wanted to add an underseat sub, but my regular accessories dealer said that for the 15-20k investment, output improvement won't justify it. He advised me to get audio Damping (fun fact, he doesn't do it so it was not about the money). Got Dr Ortex damping sheets and the difference, esp in tandem with the new tyres is night and day. Audio quality is up and road / ambient noise down. Win win.

This is a must have but very controversial in the forum so I put it 3rd in the list. Hella Aux light bar. I find the OE led set up pathetic, so added aux bars and for night highway runs my quality of life has improved so much that I can't do without it now.

Finally ppf, the costliest work on my car but worth every penny.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 15:39   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Post-booking, who informed you when the vehicle was allocated? Was it a SMS from Kia or a call from the dealer? Just trying to understand the process transparency, since I noticed that the dealers in Pune are offering multiple variants in ready stock stating that these are readily available due to cancellations.
I got a call for the dealer about car being allocated. I have booked it from Crystal Kia Baner. He also readily allowed for a PDI and I went to the Bavdhan stockyard and checked my car .

Yes, if there are cancellations, then dealers offer you the car, of course bo discount, but you skip the long waiting period.
I booked my HTX IVT on 1st December, and in between I did see my SA whatsapp status where a Seltos Diesel topend was immediately available, which means someone must have cancelled it.

Have you already booked or still in the process of choosing the right car?
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 23:38   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
I did see my SA whatsapp status where a Seltos Diesel topend was immediately available, which means someone must have cancelled it.

Have you already booked or still in the process of choosing the right car?
I have booked Sonet Diesel AT but due to the long waiting period, I'm open to consider Seltos (but if it's Seltos, first preference is DCT). Crystal Kia did offer me the top end Diesel AT they had in stock, but I wasn't interested, especially since it was Black.
Old 13th February 2022, 02:54   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked Sonet Diesel AT but due to the long waiting period, I'm open to consider Seltos (but if it's Seltos, first preference is DCT). Crystal Kia did offer me the top end Diesel AT they had in stock, but I wasn't interested, especially since it was Black.
I was also initially thinking about Sonet Diesel AT top end which has all the bells and whistles. But then the back seat was a bit cramped, and for me three at the back was a must. So then decided with Seltos HTX IVT. Took two long test drives to check if the 1.5 NA was good enough for my driving style, and it was. So booked it .
I think if you book the DCT, you should get it in 45 days. The higher the variant you select, the earlier you get the car is what I have seen. My SA saod I would get the HTX IVT in 45 days(officially three months waiting) but I got it this weeks, which is 2 months and 1 week. So you might get the DCT a little earlier.
For me personally, Seltos interior has a premium feeling which the Seltos cannot match, or rather no other car in the segment (Astor comes close, but again its cramped).
Old 13th February 2022, 07:26   #2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
100% recommend it.

The default city mode for me now is P1 (with P2 being the max torque / power) and for highways I have tried driving it in stock and I just can't.

More than the power boost, the torque bump improves drivability in the city and makes it really peppy in the highways.

Go for it.
Hello guys,

I also have a Xline Diesel. Can you pls recommend the fine print about the Dual channel upgrade ! Where to get it, its impact on warranty, cost etc.

Second I also struggled with the Headlight throw. Any suggestions about the upgrade within the existing LED setup ?
Old 13th February 2022, 07:34   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
For me personally, Seltos interior has a premium feeling which the Seltos cannot match
Did you mean Seltos has more premium feeling than Sonet? Or the opposite?

I agree they are able to provide Seltos top end variants within weeks. I wonder why not the same for Sonet. Probably both Kia and the dealers have better margins on Seltos. Despite a huge backlog on Sonet, Kia manufactures around 50% more Seltos each month.
Old 13th February 2022, 11:13   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean Seltos has more premium feeling than Sonet? Or the opposite?

I agree they are able to provide Seltos top end variants within weeks. I wonder why not the same for Sonet. Probably both Kia and the dealers have better margins on Seltos. Despite a huge backlog on Sonet, Kia manufactures around 50% more Seltos each month.
I am sorry, I meant Seltos has a premium feeling over the Sonet.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 14:49   #2215
BHPian

My Seltos diesel AT just completed 1000 kms within a week, delivering mind blowing mileage with normal riding style. I am generously downshifting during overtakes using the paddles. I think the engine will open up a bit more and the small initial lag just before the turbo kicks in should vanish. These are single lane highways and I could not drive the car above 100 due to traffic. Attaching a pic for yesterdays run between Cochin and Trivandrum. This includes around 20 mins of idle time.

Till now I found only 2 issues:
1. warm air blowing from the rear vents , need to get this issue checked during the 1st service
2. could not connect a usb hub so that I could have both apple car play and usb drive for music playback
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-tb.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 14th February 2022 at 15:06. Reason: additions
rahulskumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:31   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
My Seltos diesel AT just completed 1000 kms within a week, delivering mind blowing mileage with normal riding style.
Did you also try with tank to tank method?
One of my friend who drives a Seltos Petrol NA, did a long trip recently and said the car showed him a milage of 22+, but the tank to tank method actually worked out to be around 18.
Old 14th February 2022, 19:13   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Did you also try with tank to tank method?
One of my friend who drives a Seltos Petrol NA, did a long trip recently and said the car showed him a milage of 22+, but the tank to tank method actually worked out to be around 18.
Not yet, I filled second full tank around 840 kms. As soon as the low fuel warning came up, I did full tank from a good bunk in Cochin, auto cutoff happened at 48 liters, which is surprising as the manual tells tank capacity of 50 liters. I checked some reviews and many are stating above 50.

Even though mileage looks optimistic, I did get a driving range above 800 in the first full tank.
rahulskumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 19:32   #2218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As soon as the low fuel warning came up, I did full tank from a good bunk in Cochin, auto cutoff happened at 48 liters, which is surprising as the manual tells tank capacity of 50 liters. I checked some reviews and many are stating above 50.

Even though mileage looks optimistic, I did get a driving range above 800 in the first full tank.
That is correct. Even though manual says 50, the actual capacity is nearer to 55L. After auto-cut, if you fill to the brim, it will take in another 8-10L. And when filled to the brim, the actual driving range is easily 900-1100 kms (on the diesel one), depending on how you drive.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 21:10   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
I will be taking delivery of my HTX IVT Seltos on Sunday. With my sedate driving style, I hope I am able to get atleast 12 kmpl.
Old 14th February 2022, 21:59   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
I will be taking delivery of my HTX IVT Seltos on Sunday. With my sedate driving style, I hope I am able to get atleast 12 kmpl.

You can expect more on highways, my brother often gets 18 kmpl from his creta petrol manual. Cruise control does its job. Creta/ Seltos 1.6 petrol is surprisingly more efficient than their 1.2 counterparts
rahulskumar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks