Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 16:36   #1606
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskalurkar View Post
Hello All,
Wanted some genuine feedback/opinions on my purchase decision.
Hi, if it is possible for you to delay your purchase by a few more months it could be worthwhile to consider the Skoda Kushaq as well. It is a very important product for Skoda and therefore the pricing is likely to be competitive and will undercut the Creta and Seltos. The 1L TSI mated to a torque converter auto gearbox should be adequate for your driving needs as well.

Skoda is also said to be prioritizing safety and overall build quality over not-so-essential features. The Seltos performed poorly in the crash test and we are also now used to reading about very serious reliability issues in cars from the two Korean manufacturers. So, in my opinion, one must think about this aspect as well before going ahead and purchasing a Hyundai/Kia.

For more details on the Kushaq go through BHPian yesyeswe's posts in this thread.

Last edited by PetrolheadRup : 11th January 2021 at 16:38.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 18:08   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
So I have an update on this issue. Initially, they took out the EGR valve and made some adjustments to it and it worked fine for 3 days.

Today morning (11 Jan 2021), the light has come up again along with notification. I called up my service advisor and he is now going to place an order for replacement of EGR valve which incidentally comes along with Turbocharger. The part will take one month to arrive (I can wait for a month).
The warning message you mentioned in your first post comes up when there's a DPF/PPF choking. Did they check out the oxygen sensor and possibly an active PPF regeneration is needed too. Not sure why they took out EGR valve and all.
Old 12th January 2021, 10:23   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
The warning message you mentioned in your first post comes up when there's a DPF/PPF choking. Did they check out the oxygen sensor and possibly an active PPF regeneration is needed too. Not sure why they took out EGR valve and all.
Mine is 1.4 TGDI so no DPF. Apparently this is a manufacturing defect which they are seeing in some % of cars. When I was getting my car checked another car (of Gurgaon DC) has the same issue and technician mentioned that this is coming up in 2-3 cars each month. That's why they are simply replacing the EGR and Turbocharger.

Customer services has been good (touchwood), but seeing major part replacement in 15 month old vehicle with only 13K on ODO is heartbreaking. I will update the tread once part is in and replaced.
Old 13th January 2021, 16:55   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Customer services has been good (touchwood), but seeing major part replacement in 15 month old vehicle with only 13K on ODO is heartbreaking. I will update the tread once part is in and replaced.
A quick update on this situation. Today my SA informed that request of the part has been placed successfully, however, the data for delivery is coming out to be 23rd March.

Now as per him I can continue to drive (without turbo boost) for 2+ months, but I am doubtful about it. Any suggestions from experienced team members it is okay to drive the car (for 2 months) when EGR valve is not functional and turbo is not responding.

As of now I have decided to use our Baleno for most of the commute as my wife (teacher) is working from home.
Old 13th January 2021, 18:43   #1610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now as per him I can continue to drive (without turbo boost) for 2+ months, but I am doubtful about it. Any suggestions from experienced team members it is okay to drive the car (for 2 months) when EGR valve is not functional and turbo is not responding.
That's not acceptable. Ask them for a loaner car and don't drive this car until the issue is resolved.

Also please have all the communications (including their suggestions to keep driving) with the dealer via emails so that you have a proof when necessary. Loop in KIA and demand for faster resolution!

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th January 2021 at 18:44. Reason: correcting errors
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 10:49   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That's not acceptable. Ask them for a loaner car and don't drive this car until the issue is resolved.

Also please have all the communications (including their suggestions to keep driving) with the dealer via emails so that you have a proof when necessary. Loop in KIA and demand for faster resolution!
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get everything in writing and will try to loop in Kia as well. As of now trying to find contacts for Kia personnel only. I will also call them on customer support.

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 14th January 2021 at 10:55.
Old 14th January 2021, 23:44   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Wanted help on deciding between GTX+ vs HTX+ (Diesel AT) variant.

*Side and Curtain Airbag
*Electronic Stability Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Brake Assist
*360' camera view
*Blind View Monitor in Cluster LCD
*Multi Drive Modes (Normal, Eco, Sports)
*Traction Modes (Sand, Mud, Wet)
*Heads Up Display
I went through the same dilemma last year and finally decided for GTX+ version. Additional safety, drive controls, 360 camera and GT line tilted the deal in it's favor. Once you own and drive the vehicle, you won't remember paying about 1 lac extra (which will impact EMI slightly) but you and your family will appreciate the extra features much more. Unfortunately I had to cancel the booking due to pandamic but I would still go with GTX+ if I plan this year.
Old 15th January 2021, 13:24   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskalurkar View Post
Hello All,
Wanted some genuine feedback/opinions on my purchase decision.
For the longest time, I've been a big fan of Seltos and always looked at it as my dream car. Now when I am evaluating this car with Creta 2020, I'm not so sure anymore and getting a bit confused. (Have watched almost all comparison videos between the two)
Hi,

I was in a similar Dilemma a couple of months back and had decided on going ahead with Creta, but once I made my mind to book the SX IVT variant (Dec'2020) none of the dealers in Gurgaon were ready to even take the booking for this particular model, let alone share details on the approx delivery date.

In the meanwhile, one of the dealers was offering Seltos HTX IVT as immediate availability, so decided to go ahead with it.

Will share my experience based on my ownership experience having driven the vehicle for almost 1500KM and two highway drives - Bareilly - Gurgaon and Jaipur - Gurgaon.

- Very smooth engine, with no jerkiness whatsoever. It it super silent too
- Highway dynamics are sorted, and the vehicle inspires confidence. Coming from a Ritz where every pothole was felt to the bone, the vehicle is a big upgrade for me in terms of ride quality, although a lot of folks report that bumps are felt inside the cabin at lower speeds.
- Looks and road presence
- Plush interiors and ergonomics
- 17-18 KMPL FE on highway

Dislikes
- IVT is best suited for a sedate driving style, It felt wanting for power a couple of times trying to overtake on highway
- Had to switch to manual mode while driving uphill while visiting the Nahargarh fort in Jaipur, the pull wasn't just there on auto mode. Absent paddle shifters were missed, which is a + for Creta SX IVT. Just to add, the car downshifts automatically if you reduce speed even in the manual mode.
- Ambient lights are a bit of distraction on highway
- JK Tyres in a car at this price, and the spare is one size lower (R16)

Other points
- I got the RTO registration in Gurgao done myself since the car was purchased from UP. The process is simple and does not really need an agent to be involved. Just be careful to mention the correct registering RTO in the Temp Registration, since I had registered HR26, whereas now it is HR98 for my area. This took some to and fro, otherwise the process was simple.
-I had noticed the same issue mentioned in the following post earlier with the rear AC vents blowing hot air. On reporting this during the first service to SE - he mentioned the rear vent is just a blower without any duct connecting it to the cooling unit. This is contrast to what other BHPians had reported earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post

Rear vent AC hot air blowing: Now the major issue, the Rear vent AC blowing hot air at certain temperatures. I live in Bangalore and in December we had a fair weather and hence did not notice this issue. I noticed this issue first when I went for a long drive to Cochin and my wife was complaining that it was very hot in the car. Since I was driving I was not facing issue and the front side of the car was cool. Then when I checked the rear AC vent it was blowing out hot air, yes literally hot air. The temperature set in the car was around 23 Degrees if my memory serves me right. So I went into the ICE unit and changed the rear blower setup from Auto to manual, increased the fan speed and it became a bit bearable, I did not pay much attention to it and continued my drive.
- This is my first automatic vehicle, but it took me only a couple of days to get used to the car. I put the car on N + HandBrake\Brake pedal on long halts, and just keep it in D+BrakePedals on short halts.

Caution
Sharing this for benefit of everyone here
- I use a car seat for my 1 year old, and during the service I did not remove it. During the service the car was unhinged from the ISOFIX mounts and the service executives forgot to inform me. Fortunately we avoided a mishap, when my wife noticed that the seat had slipped a little on braking while my baby was strapped in it.
Folks who use car seat, please check if it is properly hinged after a service!!!

Conclusion
Overall am happy with the car, and the experience has been satisfactory so far. In case you have anything specific to ask please let me know.
gagan.84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 14:31   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I went through the same dilemma last year and finally decided for GTX+ version. Additional safety, drive controls, 360 camera and GT line tilted the deal in it's favor. Once you own and drive the vehicle, you won't remember paying about 1 lac extra (which will impact EMI slightly) but you and your family will appreciate the extra features much more. Unfortunately I had to cancel the booking due to pandamic but I would still go with GTX+ if I plan this year.
So changed from HTX+ to GTX+ AT Diesel Dual Tone. Vehicle should be delivered in a weeks time as per dealership.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:34   #1615
BHPian

I am getting my Seltos HTX+ in a day or two. During PDI I checked the car has JK UX Royale tires.

How good/bad are JK UX Royale tires? Should I stick to them or get it replaced with Yokohoma Earth 1 tires.

Vijay
Old 17th January 2021, 18:11   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Any idea whether seat covers can be put over ventilated seats? I think the answer might be a No, so I am wondering how does one protect it from regular wear and tear or those occasional liquid spills?
Old 20th January 2021, 12:10   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get everything in writing and will try to loop in Kia as well. As of now trying to find contacts for Kia personnel only. I will also call them on customer support.
I have an update on the issue: As turbo is taking longer time to be procured, service station has replaced the wastegate valve for the time being. Problem has disappeared for now. Hopefully turbo would be in by mid of February and then problem will go away for good.

So far response from service station representatives have been very good and I am happy with their proactive response to resolve the turbo issue in my car.

Quote:
Any idea whether seat covers can be put over ventilated seats? I think the answer might be a No, so I am wondering how does one protect it from regular wear and tear or those occasional liquid spills?
I am not sure if you have one with the side/ curtain airbags and ventilation combo or just ventilated seats. If it is latter one then there are some compatible seat covers with perforations which can be used.

If curtain airbags are present then seat covers are a big no, unfortunately.

P.S.: Wanted to combine my two posts but could not. Will read up on how to quote on two posts. Apologies for back to back posts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th January 2021 at 13:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:16   #1618
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
How good/bad are JK UX Royale tires? Should I stick to them or get it replaced with Yokohoma Earth 1 tires
Must be an average tyre to start with the JK's I mean. If you can replace the tyres immediately after delivery, buy back price also will be higher and net costs will reduce.

Congratulations in advance!

EDIT:

Quote:
I presume you have decided to get the GTX+ variant and that one comes with airbags in the front seat so adding a seat cover is a strict no-no. What is the point of paying for that safety feature and disabling it ourselves.

All you have to be is careful. Can't think of anything else as a precaution for these kind of seats.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th January 2021 at 12:20. Reason: Added a reply.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 23:14   #1619
BHPian

All,

I'm scratching my head choosing between Seltos GTX+ MT petrol and Sonet GTX+ MT petrol as well.

Sonet is 1790 mm wide and 3995 mm in length
Seltos is 1800 mm wide and 4315 mm in length

Seating comfort I feel will not be all that different between the two as width is almost same.
The extra length of Seltos translates to additional boot space 392 Lts vs 433 Lts

Prices are 14.41 Lakhs On road chennai for Sonet for GTX+DT and 19.96 Lakhs for Seltos GTX+ DT on road chennai is indeed big.

While this is not a good comparison as the engines are different and power is 120 PS for Sonet and 140 PS for Seltos. Sonet also misses some features.

What do you all think?

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:45   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
How good/bad are JK UX Royale tires? Should I stick to them or get it replaced with Yokohoma Earth 1 tires.
My suggestion is get the tyre replaced straight out of showroom so you can get a good buyback. I made of mistake of not replacing it and now buy back is really bad after 10K run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
All,

I'm scratching my head choosing between Seltos GTX+ MT petrol and Sonet GTX+ MT petrol as well.

While this is not a good comparison as the engines are different and power is 120 PS for Sonet and 140 PS for Seltos. Sonet also misses some features.
I would recommend getting Seltos if you are going for petrol (if diesel then Sonet GTX+ will make good buy as engine is same and price is the only differentiator) because 1.4 TGDI is a good engine and will be a better buy. Width wise although difference is only 10 mm, but inside space feels more in Seltos. I sat in a dark interior Sonet and that could be the reason for this observation of mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks