Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 13:25   #676
BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Thank you for your inputs. My driving is mostly between Noida and Greater Noida on the expressway. So, i assume i would be able to achieve a decent mileage.
I found the clutch to be heavy and thats the only concern i have but since i hardly travel in B2B traffic, i think i can make that compomise.
Your use case fits for diesel. You will achieve good mileage, just drive it in right gear & rpm. I normally try to keep it at 2000 RPM, never faced DPF related issues.

Since you are buying it used hence I would advice to get the clutch checked & in case its worn out then you can account for its cost in the negotiations.

Please also check the condition of tyres as well.
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 13:02   #677
BHPian

Hello Fiatdiesel and MG Hector Diesel owners, I have a query regarding RPM increasing in 2nd gear. After moving the vehicle in 1 st gear and when changing to 2nd gear, while depressing the clutch, the RPM increases rapidly and as a result while releasing the clutch the vehicle lunges forward and reaches a speed of approx 25kmph even without giving any throttle input. This happens very fast indeed and many times in b2b traffic, I had to be very careful so that I don't rear end the vehicle in front. While checking with MG Service, they say this is how it is in MG diesel cars. But sometimes, especially when the car is in motion, this issue is not there and the vehicle speed increases after throttle input is given. I never had this type of issue in my i20 diesel earlier. Would like to get your views.
Old 4th August 2023, 13:10   #678

Hi

I'm in the process of purchasing Hector Savvy Pro Petrol CVT.

I've been quoted INR 23500 for 3yrs Classic Plan & INR 27000 for 2 years Extended Warranty & RSA.

I wanted to know feedback of the members here about the MG Protect plan for Service/Warranty. Should I opt for it?

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2023, 19:21   #679
BHPian

Sunroof protection
============

HI all,

In March, the sunroof of my Hector Plus was completely shattered and I couldn't really fathom why. Thankfully insurance covered it and I was able to get it replaced.

The service advisor mentioned a few possible causes- including a pebble (from a truck etc) hitting the roof while the car is moving at speed. It does not shatter the glass immediately but can do it later on.

I realized the sunroof are a compromise to the structural integrity of the car. Anyway, now that I have it, I started looking forward to ways to protect it (and the passengers inside)

I am now thinking if applying PPF only to the glasspane would be beneficial and could protect it? Or would it cause too much of distortions, rendering the sunroof much less usable?

Advice and POVs welcome!
Old 11th August 2023, 15:12   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsri01 View Post
Hi

I wanted to know feedback of the members here about the MG Protect plan for Service/Warranty. Should I opt for it?

Thanks.
In 2021, I had paid 15,000 for 3 year classic plan. (People earlier had paid only 10,000). So far, I have not paid much from my pocket- although MG service will try to sell you some this protection-that paint and charge for that.

If possible, take the 5 year plan. That is something I missed. It was available at 25,000/- at the time services in 4th and 5th year involve some specific changes which are more costly.

Extended Warranty- I think MG offers 5 years of warranty- which is higher than the average market offer (usually 3 years). An additional 2 years would extend it to a substantial 7 years. (This offer was not there when I got it) If you intend to keep the car for this duration, then it should not be a bad offer. (Other experienced folks may chime in)
Old 29th August 2023, 17:15   #681
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am looking at buying a pre-owned MG Hector (DCT sharp variant) and thought to check with you all about what mileage one can expect while driving inside the city. Also, what would be a good price for 2021 make car?
Old 4th September 2023, 10:11   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, I am looking at buying a pre-owned MG Hector (DCT sharp variant) and thought to check with you all about what mileage one can expect while driving inside the city. Also, what would be a good price for a 2021 make car?
Quoting myself. I bought the car yesterday and enjoyed the drive from the showroom to the temple and back home. It is a little slow off the blocks but once it picks up speed it is very comfortable. I like the high seating position as well.

I have shared the details and few pics in this (Reviews of PreCarMart (Bangalore) used car dealership) thread.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:08   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I am considering to buy a Sep 2021 Hector Diesel Sharp variant run about 20,000 kms. The car looks generally clean with clean service history. (except a small paint job done at ASS, which is ok with me)
I got this car about 10days back. It was a direct deal from the owner. I am pretty satisfied with the car and have already driven about 1000kms. Overall, feels like a worthy upgrade to my S cross. And that too at an extremely VFM price.

MG Hector : Official Review-img20230723wa0095.jpg
car-dent is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:38   #684
BHPian

Hello fellow MG Hector owners, I'm considering purchasing one (2020 Hector Diesel MT Sharp run ~35000km), and I'd like to know about your long-term ownership experience. What have been your overall ownership costs, including maintenance, repairs, and any unexpected expenses?

1) Can you share your typical annual maintenance costs for the MG Hector? What kind of services or repairs have you had to deal with over the years?

2) How has the fuel efficiency or mileage been for your MG Hector? What's the real-world mileage you're getting, and does it match the manufacturer's claims?

3) Are there any known issues or common problems that MG Hector owners have encountered over time? How have these issues been resolved, and at what cost?

4) Have you purchased any extended warranty or service packages for your MG Hector? If so, has it been worth it in terms of cost savings on maintenance and repairs?

5) Can you recommend trustworthy and cost-effective service centers or mechanics for MG Hector maintenance in Bangalore? Any tips for saving on maintenance expenses?

6) For those who have owned the MG Hector for several years, have you noticed any significant changes in maintenance costs as the vehicle has aged?

7) What advice do you have for someone considering buying an MG Hector in terms of budgeting for long-term ownership costs?

8) Is there anything else you wish you had known about ownership costs, maintenance, or mileage before purchasing your MG Hector?
Old 6th September 2023, 16:19   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayra View Post
Hello fellow MG Hector owners, I'm considering purchasing one (2020 Hector Diesel MT Sharp run ~35000km), and I'd like to know about your long-term ownership experience. What have been your overall ownership costs, including maintenance, repairs, and any unexpected expenses?
Hello, I got a pre-owned 2021 hector diesel sharp MT 2 weeks ago at an odo of approx 20000kms.
Today I am in mg service centre getting the 2yr service done. The prev owner had purchased a 5yr maintenance package so my estimated bill for today is 0. The experience at the service centre is nice But the spares do seem expensive. One of the tail lamp wasn't working properly,they promptly changed it under warranty. No questions asked. It costs about 7200rs otherwise.
The lower fog lamp assembly also had some problem but that couldn't be covered under warranty as it had a minor crack which isn't visible from outside. It also costs a whopping approx rs7200. I have decided not to replace it for time being.

Also got the insurance renewed today from MG itself. It was quite competitive at about 25k.

How much are you getting the car for ( pls ignore if you do not wish to share the price) ?

Last edited by car-dent : 6th September 2023 at 16:22.
Old 7th September 2023, 16:57   #686
BHPian

Quote:
The lower fog lamp assembly also had some problem but that couldn't be covered under warranty as it had a minor crack which isn't visible from outside. It also costs a whopping approx rs7200. I have decided not to replace it for time being.
?
Woah. That is a big step up from our present car (3rd gen Honda City).
Would PM you the details but I am afraid I have no idea how to do so.
(If you do, please to drop you contact details. Would love to know more about your ownership experience)
The car does seem to suit our needs but after sales support is our primary and only concern.
We would not want to shell out 10k for every service session as our Honda might have spoiled us a bit.
Old 7th September 2023, 17:21   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayra View Post
Woah. That is a big step up from our present car (3rd gen Honda City).
Would PM you the details but I am afraid I have no idea how to do so.
(If you do, please to drop you contact details. Would love to know more about your ownership experience)
The car does seem to suit our needs but after sales support is our primary and only concern.
We would not want to shell out 10k for every service session as our Honda might have spoiled us a bit.
Sent you a message through email. Pls check.
Old 12th September 2023, 14:05   #688
BHPian

I have made a small video regarding AC controls on the touchscreen in MG Hector. I hope the other users will agree with my observations.

We all know that it is not possible for MG to add physical buttons now but atleast they can have some fixed bar on the touchscreen which controls the ac without going to full screen mode. It is quite simple to implement this with an update. I am sure,if MG does this, such a small update will make many owners happy.

Another thing which is annoying (although a minr one) is that eveytime you cross 80kmph, the warning comes up on MID and just stays there till you press OK button on steering. This warning should go off after few seconds just like in all other brands.

MG Hector : Official Review-speed-80.jpg

Last edited by car-dent : 12th September 2023 at 14:08.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 20:16   #689
Senior - BHPian

Hello all, I recently bought a preowned 2021 Hector and have been struggling to connect to wireless Carplay. My phone doesn't show the car details in Carplay even after waiting for quite a while. Can someone please guide on the steps please?
Old 15th September 2023, 13:20   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hello all, I recently bought a preowned 2021 Hector and have been struggling to connect to wireless Carplay. My phone doesn't show the car details in Carplay even after waiting for quite a while. Can someone please guide on the steps please?
Wireless carplay is not available in 2021 models. You need to use a cable.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks