Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2019, 11:35   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Ok guys please help me out. I have been driving 2013 Igen i20, second iteration with dual chamber headlamp.
I have never been satisfied with the suspension. It is noisy, it is too soft and thuds very frequently. On the other hand I have 2014 Hyundai Verna which has a nice stiff suspension and road noise is minimal even after 1.80lakhs.

I am considering DCT venue. Is the suspension good enough to consider? Does it also give thud sound on pot holes? Does it have plush compliant ride? Or should I consider used Verna AT/Creta AT instead as i have a good experience with it?
If we talk about Suspension only then I would rate Ecosport suspension better than Venue for a Compact SUV segment as Iam driving both Ecosport and Venue.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 12:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
If we talk about Suspension only then I would rate Ecosport suspension better than Venue for a Compact SUV segment as Iam driving both Ecosport and Venue.

But the point is should I go for Venue or used Verna/Creta AT?
Ecosport is out of question as it is too old and not under consideration
Old 30th November 2019, 13:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai venue sales cross 50,000 in 6 months.

Quote:
A gaggle of new models in the past six-eight months have given a new charge to the utility vehicle (UV) segment in India. While UVs is the sole segment to be in the black in the April-October 2019 period (0.14 percent), a smart uptick in October 2019 (22 percent) with overall sales of 1,00,725 units promises to be the harbinger of good times for SUV and MPV manufacturers.

A key contributor to this growth is the new Venue, Hyundai Motor India’s first compact SUV that had launched in May 2019. The Venue comes with three engine options – a 90hp, 1.4-litre diesel; an 83hp, 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol; and a 120hp, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.

Until end-October 2019, the Hyundai Venue has sold a total of 51,257 units – 29,726 petrol and 21,531 diesel (58:42 petrol:diesel) and contributed 9.36 percent to total UV sales (5,47,572) in the first seven months of FY2020.*

In the six months since its launch, the Venue has averaged sales of 8,542 units a month; very good going for a new vehicle and enough to ensure that the compact SUV is a regular in the monthly Top 5 UV sales chart. The Venue drove into the Top 5 bestselling UVs chart in the very month of its launch - fourth place with 7,049 units in May - and in June (with 8,763 units sold) it came tantalisingly close to going past the No. 1 UV, the Maruti Vitara Brezza. In July 2019, with 9,585 units, it was the bestselling SUV in India, unseating the longstanding UV champion, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. In August, with 9,342 units, it continued to top the sales chart though the Venue lost its numero uno position to the Vitara Brezza in September, when the Hyundai sold 7,942 units. In October, it dropped one more rank to third place (8,576 units), as a result of the hard-charging Kia Seltos becoming India’s No. 1 UV within three months of launch and improved performance, in terms of sales, from the Vitara Brezza.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-months-415108

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 30th November 2019 at 13:30.
Old 30th November 2019, 15:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai to close CY2019 with 1 Lakh Venue bookings

Hyundai has claimed that it has received over 90,000 bookings for the Venue in the May - November 2019 period. The company expects to close CY2019 with 1 lakh bookings for the crossover.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai-venue.png

The Hyundai Venue was launched in May 2019 at a starting price of Rs. 6.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India). This price has remained unchanged since launch.

Hyundai has also kicked off exports of the Venue. The first shipment of 1,400 units has been dispatched to South Africa. The car is scheduled to be launched in South Africa on December 2, 2019.

The Venue is also exported to Nepal, Bhutan, Mauritius and Seychelles. These countries, along with South Africa get the 1.0-litre turbo petrol version which is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Hyundai is also developing a left-hand-drive version of the Venue. It will be exported to markets in the Gulf, Africa and Latin America.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 15:56   #110
BHPian

Re: Hyundai to close CY2019 with 1 Lakh Venue bookings

Hyundai has hit the ball out of the park with the Venue.

They have really cracked the code when it comes to the Indian market and increasingly are considered as reliable and trouble-free as Maruti by most buyers.

Really excited to see how the new Creta turns out. I'm sure Hyundai will come out with all guns blazing for that too!
Old 30th November 2019, 16:07   #111
BHPian

Re: Hyundai to close CY2019 with 1 Lakh Venue bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Hyundai is also developing a left-hand-drive version of the Venue. It will be exported to markets in the Gulf, Africa and Latin America.
I believe, the Canadian markets will also receive the Venue soon. I saw it on Hyundai's Canada website. Link

Last edited by lionell : 30th November 2019 at 16:09.
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:04   #112
BHPian

I had a chance to drive the Venue 1.0 Turbo in manual and DCT variants. Below are my observations:

Pros:

1) The side of the car looks very macho with those sides bulges and 215/60 R16 tires.

2) The DCT gearbox in the Venue almost matches the DSG when driven with a light foot. I had to actually look at the MID to see the gear changes.

3) The engine feels very peppy and picks up speed quite fast.

4) Bonnet is clearly visible from the driver's seat and that feels awesome.

5) Steering is very light at city speeds and weighs up nicely at highway speeds.

6) Clutch is extremely light with short travel. This seems to be the lightest clutch among all the cars that I have driven till now.

7) Doors shuts with a satisfying "thud" sound which gives a secure feeling. I felt this car's build to be better than the Kia Seltos.

8) I found the ride to be very balanced. Hyundai has managed to tune it neither too hard nor too soft.

Cons:

1) Automatic is not provided in the top end model which misses out essential features like side and curtain airbags, adjustable armrest, rear armrest, rear wiper etc . Hyundai, fix this ASAP .

2) Lacks the refinement of a 4 cylinder engine and make lot of noise when revved hard.

3) With the driver seat set to my height(5' 11"), the rear seat feels very cramped. I found the space at the back seat lesser than some of the hatchbacks.

4) Feels very expensive for what it offers. Also, I feel the paint quality to be just about average.

5) No sport mode in the DCT variant.

6) If not for the bumper cladding, the rear looks just like that of an i10.
carenthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 10:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumeshanand View Post
Probably the first review for Venue S 1.2 Petrol
I haven't got a chance to check the particular variant until the car got delivered, and I preferred for the basic engine (the one used in I 20) as most of the time it is for city commuting and occasionally long drive.

I haven't even done my first service yet, I will write up more detail experience upcoming days
Congratulations on your new ride

Could you please also post a few pictures of the interior along with the Dashboard layout?
Old 9th December 2019, 20:32   #114

Took the delivery of Venue, 1.2 S yesterday. Will post the review in a few days.

Does anyone know if the headlamps of the SX Turbo (which have the LED DRL surrounding them) can be fitted on the 1.2 S?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-v2.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-v1.jpg  

anurag47 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:08   #115
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Thanks GTO for accepting my request.

This is my first post in this forum and I fear it is not a memorable one. I own a Hyundai Venue SX 1.0 and I am facing a peculiar issue. Per my understanding, in Venue Trip A automatically resets to 0.0 if the vehicle is in idle state for 4 hours (refer pdf), so I will drive with trip B to calculate the KMs I am driving between each fuel up. In normal days, when I turn my car on, the display will show Trip B which is how it has to be. However, on off days when I turn my car on, it will display Trip A and if this happens, my mileage will get reset.

I raised it with Kun Hyundai Arumbakkam, Chennai they checked all wiring, battery, etc and said there are no issues. If in future the same issue occurs, I was asked to record a video of it (Enclosed for your reference) so as to they will replace with a new instrument cluster. I took a video of it and when I showed to them, the warranty team informed me that, they sent it to Hyundai and was asked by them to check again if it is happening. I was asked to leave the car with them for a day, they will monitor and let me know on the issue.

The main problem is, there is no pattern in the way this issue is happening. So I am skeptical if it will happen when the car is with them. But still I wanted to give them one more chance. Before I give it to them, I wanted to check with you all what could be the reason for this peculiar issue? I would appreciate if you could reply to the same. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-aefa5fabae4749efad4db51ae0c25dbb.jpeg  

Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_1490.zip (2.62 MB, 60 views)
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 15:08   #116
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag47 View Post
Does anyone know if the headlamps of the SX Turbo (which have the LED DRL surrounding them) can be fitted on the 1.2 S?
Yes, apparently you can add DRLs.
I added the 16" SX mags to my 1.0S.
From memory, the SA quoted 30k for the DRLs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th December 2019 at 15:26. Reason: Fixed quote.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:05   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Yes, apparently you can add DRLs.
I added the 16" SX mags to my 1.0S.
From memory, the SA quoted 30k for the DRLs.
Thanks. Do you know if anyone has replaced the headlamps on the 1.2 S with the DRL equipped headlamps of the Turbo?

The service center folks here are not sure about this, and have asked me to bring over my car so they can "explore" if it can be done. I am not sure if I'd want them to "experiment" on my car! ;-)
Old 10th December 2019, 22:34   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. Do you know if anyone has replaced the headlamps on the 1.2 S with the DRL equipped headlamps of the Turbo?
I don't think it shall be easy to just swap the reflector headlamps (H4 bulb) for the projector ones (HB3 bulb I guess) present on the Turbo variant. Plus the Turbo variant apart from DRL and projectors also gets the cornering lights which are linked to the steering angle sensor.

Wiring harness changes will be a lot between the two variants so I am not sure if the cost of swapping will be even viable.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 23:12   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think it shall be easy to just swap the reflector headlamps (H4 bulb) for the projector ones (HB3 bulb I guess) present on the Turbo variant. Plus the Turbo variant apart from DRL and projectors also gets the cornering lights which are linked to the steering angle sensor.

Wiring harness changes will be a lot between the two variants so I am not sure if the cost of swapping will be even viable.
Hmm... guess I'll enquire with a few more service centers and see if any of them have a Y/N answer on this...
Old 12th December 2019, 09:50   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of Venue, 1.2 S yesterday. Will post the review in a few days.
Congratulations! Wish you unlimited safe & happy miles with the Venue.

As for the headlamps, I'd suggest sticking with the existing ones. Generally OEM headlamp assemblies of these cars will set you back at least 25k for a pair. I don't see it worth personally. You might spend that on some more useful upgrades - unless of course you feel that the headlamps actually give a lot better light and are a safety upgrade itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I raised it with Kun Hyundai Arumbakkam, Chennai they checked all wiring, battery, etc and said there are no issues. If in future the same issue occurs, I was asked to record a video of it (Enclosed for your reference) so as to they will replace with a new instrument cluster. I took a video of it and when I showed to them, the warranty team informed me that, they sent it to Hyundai and was asked by them to check again if it is happening. I was asked to leave the car with them for a day, they will monitor and let me know on the issue.
Hi vviek85, welcome to TBHP. See you around.

If you feel the behavior of the trip meters isn't correct & not aligned with what is mentioned in the owner's manual - I don't think directly changing the instrument cluster is going to fix this. Such kind of issues are now a days most certainly in the BCM (Body Control Module) software code. Ask them to check the BCM software version & patch it to the latest one first. Part replacement should follow as a second step if software update doesn't work.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks