Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 08:43   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Folks - Those who have got your venue serviced, which is the fully synthetic engine oil that is used by service centers for the Turbo petrol model?

Is there a preference in terms brand or engine oil rating? Please provide your experiences.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 17th October 2021 at 08:46.
Old 17th October 2021, 18:06   #422
BHPian

Finally took delivery of Venue DCT SX+ on 14th October,21 for dad after a wait of 15 days.Vehicle is Oct.21 manufacturing and odo reading was 11km.
OTR Punjab - 1307000
Insurance was 41600 with following add ons:-

RTI
Zero Dep
Engine Protect
Consumables
Personal Belongings
Key Protect

Extended warranty till 5th year/60k and
SOT for 5years/60k was also bought for peace of mind(Prices for these have been included in OTR)

Overall the delivery was nothing much to talk about just regular affair.

Would like to thank the forum for all the help and suggestions.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:47   #423
BHPian

Hyundai has issued a circular in Jun 2021, about using Mineral engine oil for BSVI Turbo Petrol engines for all Hyundai models. The service manager showed me the circular from Hyundai. They are using ACEA C2 0W30 grade oil and only IOCL and Shell are authorized brands. The reason quoted was about performance issues noted due to Synthetic engine oil.

Anyone else come across this?
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 21:38   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hyundai has issued a circular in Jun 2021, about using Mineral engine oil for BSVI Turbo Petrol engines for all Hyundai models. The service manager showed me the circular from Hyundai. They are using ACEA C2 0W30 grade oil and only IOCL and Shell are authorized brands. The reason quoted was about performance issues noted due to Synthetic engine oil.

Anyone else come across this?
If that's true then it is really absurd reasoning. Synthetic Oils are known to offer refinement and less wear and tear so not sure how true that holds. Additionally, if this change has come to effect after June 2021 then ideally all the vehicles manufactured after that should have the same reflected in the service manuals. I'll check the service manual tomorrow and confirm the same as ours is an Oct,21 manufactured vehicle.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:34   #425

Saw some earlier posts on the wireless Android auto/Apple Carplay. Went for a TD for Hyundai Venue SX(O) iMT and the SA said that wireless Android auto is not available in Venue but saw some youtube videos confirming the same. So can anyone who got the Venue recently confirm if this wireless feature is available?
Old 22nd October 2021, 16:47   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue facelift spied in Korea:

Name:  thumb448db587102e4a35ca76b14dcfb442a0_1634898550_0715_700x394.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  thumb448db587102e4a35ca76b14dcfb442a0_1634898549_787_700x394.jpg
Views: 2171
Size:  50.4 KB

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-thumb448db587102e4a35ca76b14dcfb442a0_1634898549_514_700x1245.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 07:08   #427
BHPian

Long post alert!

As a kid, I was always fascinated by cars and could name almost every car driving on the road before I was even 10! Being from a middle class family, we usually covered short distances via scooter and longer ones via public transport. I still remember spotting a Maruti Suzuki Esteem on the road and innocently asked my Dad that why can't we buy that to which he replied we need to buy a home first and then comes everything else!

Fast forward to the day when we were finally buying our first family car - A Maruti 800! We bought the car from a showroom almost 350 Kms away from home due to better discounts and I was awake till 2 AM for the car to arrive. I couldn't eat for a couple of days when the car encountered the first scratch
Dad drove that car for almost 15 years before deciding for a change. Since he is based out of a hill station, there is no other option than going for a Maruti due to the service station availability which is still 30 Kms away in the nearest town. After multiple discussions, we arrived at Maruti Baleno and I forced him to go for the Alpha version to which he reluctantly agreed. Once the car arrived and he started driving it, he was quite happy with the decision of going with the top-end version and enjoyed driving the car.

I am based out of Bangalore and I have been pondering over years when is the right time to buy a car. Started from Renault Kwid and thought about multiple options over the years but never actually booked anything. Plus with the introduction of ride hailing cabs, we (my wife and I) never actually felt the need to invest in a car. Finally when our little one arrived, we used to travel long distances via cabs and shorter ones via two-wheeler. One day a car drove past us in high-speed and I had to apply brakes in time to avoid a collision. All three of us were on the two-wheeler at that time and we immediately decided to buy a car to avoid such scenarios in the future especially for our little one.

Now as soon as the hunting for a good car started, I also started receiving unwanted advices from numerous people mostly centered around buying a pre-owned car or buying a smaller new car mostly due to the reason I had never owned a car before, so it's highly plausible that I will ram my car quite often. After a lot of showroom visits and research, we decided to narrow down on Tata Nexon XMA (S) due to the GNCAP rating and the sun-roof availability in the mid-variant. It costed us almost 11 lakh OTR in Bangalore. We booked the car on our son's 2nd birthday and then started the long wait! However, I was never too happy with the decision as the mid-variant was missing out on a lot of important features plus AMT isn't the best auto gear-box. However, I did not want to stretch my budget for a top-variant car.

After a gruesome wait of 11 weeks and still no update on the car, we were fed-up with the Tata team and decided to move ahead. This time we were quite clear on our choice and narrowed down on Hyundai Venue DCT top variant. It was posing a dent on our wallet by almost extra 4 lakhs but this time I was actually happy about the car and the decision. The SA gave an estimate of around 6-8 weeks and the car was allotted to us in the 7th week. We made the payment, got the car registered and on the day of car delivery, Bangalore went into a lockdown! The car showroom was barely 800 meters away from my apartment but couldn't really do much except waiting for the showrooms to reopen. Every week we used to wait for a positive news but all in vain. After a further wait of 8 more weeks, the showrooms finally opened up and we rushed to take the delivery!

I was very cautious on driving the new car from the showroom to a temple as I was a new driver and plus there were too many emotions behind the wheel! I still couldn't believe that I actually own a car now and that too without any compromises this time! It's been 4 months now since I am driving my car and have driven roughly 1.5k kms so far but I love each and every moment when I am with it. Every moment I am inside the car, there is a history of almost 3 decades that I have waited for this moment which I couldn't experience even in our family car. I will take out some time to come up with an ownership review too but wanted to share the story and nostalgia behind owning my first set of 4 wheels! Attaching a few pics of the newest family member!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-1.jpeg  

Varun_G is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:39   #428
BHPian

Rear wiper fitment for models other than SX(O)

A major safety upgrade in my books was completed last month. When Hyundai did not care to give a top end variant for the automatic variant, what was missed was 6 airbags and the rear wiper. While 6 airbags is still a concern, I decided to take things into my own hands regarding the rear wiper. The continuous rains in Kerala and Bangalore for past few weeks made me understand that the rear wiper has to be perhaps one of the most important safety feature to have on any car as you got no clue on what is happening behind you, and this remains a concern for people like me who was so used to using the rear wipers on other cars, but for this one, Hyundai did not think it wasn’t a good idea to give rear wiper and washer!
For me, even base model should have rear wiper as default as it helps massively in heavy rains. Period.

NOTE : My version of Venue(SX+ DCT) had the rear defogger as stock and that made it a whole lot easier. Lower variants which do not have this have to purchase the defoggers separately.

Everything has been detailed below in the ownership thread if anyone is interested
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5196130
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-12.png  

Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:34   #429
BHPian

Based upon this video, it seems the SX model again lost the Advanced supervision cluster with rheostat.
This feature was available when they replaced DT-styled wheels.

Venue SX model lost

1. Dual Tone Diamond cut alloy
2. Supervision cluster

It is still unclear, the above feature exclusion only MT variant or both MT/iMT Variants.

Note: The above features are available in SX+ DCT

Disclaimer: I am not promoting any youtube channel and I am nowhere related to this channel owner.
Old 3rd December 2021, 13:45   #430
BHPian

Nowadays, I am driving a lot during the night, and I strongly feel that the throw of light is very inadequate in Venue. It is especially difficult if it rains during night driving. Mine is an SX plus model. On highways, I end up guessing the road ahead and driving under 40 kmph. In contrast, on my Swift, I had upgraded my bulbs to Osram Night Breakers and it gives a great throw of light.

Is it possible to upgrade the Venue projector headlights? I am really bothered about it. If a light upgrade is not possible, I am thinking about auxillary Hella lights, but have not come across anyone who has done this installation.
Old 5th December 2021, 13:49   #431
BHPian

Greetings to fellow BHPians !

Delighted to be a part of this community, this is my first post on the forum.

We recently purchased a Hyundai Venue SX Plus DCT and i would like to briefly share the experience so far.

We had a 2012 Honda Brio V MT, while the car was super reliable and fuss free, we were not so happy with the mediocre service experience of Honda. Since its a discontinued model, spare parts availability was a pain in a small city like Kolhapur, Maharashtra.Last time, i was asked to wait for 3-4 days to replace a broken spacer( a plastic clip that holds front bumper and fender together, priced around ₹30-40).

I was looking to upgrade to a sub-4 meter compact SUV having -
Petrol, Automatic Transmission(Must)
Minimalist design.
Smallest possible dimensions in the segment.
Reliable service network.

Considering above requirements i had only 2 options in my mind -

1. Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza AT

I called the nearest arena dealership(Sai Service) to inquire and got the response immediately with all details, home test drive was arranged on the same day. The one thing Maruti does better despite selling more cars through maximum number of dealerships is customer experience.

Likes-
1.5 NA petrol's refinement level is unbeatable.
Throttle response from the 4 speed AT was sharp enough at city speeds.
Sorted Ride quality.
Great visibility and airy cabin.
Powerful aircon.

Dislikes-
Overall plastic quality.
Position and quality of the infotainment system.
Features like Reverse parking cam, leather wrapped steering wheel, driver armrest only on the top of the line and overpriced Zxi Plus trim.

I found the pricing of the AT variants ridiculous,to be honest.
In MT avatar i still think its the most VFM product but for AT, the premium Maruti is asking of more than 1.5lakh that too for a decade old 4 speed torque converter is amusing.I understand it comes with an additional battery pack for the mild hybrid system and its there to aid the fuel efficiency but again, passing that entire cost directly to customer is unfair

2. Hyundai Venue iMT/DCT

Approached local Hyundai dealer, they were quick to respond to the purchase inquiry but not so quick in arranging the test drive vehicle.

During the same time i had to travel to Pune for a routine checking and cleaning of our apartment which is mostly locked up since first lockdown as i moved to my hometown during WFH.Dialed the nearest Hyundai showroom( i had 3 different options for the Hyundai dealerships within 6KM radius of my apartment !) and requested for a test drive of both iMT and DCT variants.

Likes-
Compact Dimensions, easy to maneuver.
Top notch build quality and attention to detail.
Good Visibility.
iMT offers immense convenience for merely 25k more than MT.
7 speed DCT is super smooth at city speeds and has an explosive nature on highways.
Neat cabin layout.

Dislikes -
Engine noise during first few minutes of cold start from a 3 pot turbo is expected but annoying.
Missing essentials like auto folding ORVMs and rear wipers on top of the line DCT.
Single tone horn sounds weird.
Not so smooth gear shifting during first 2 gears in iMT.
Hesitant DCT while shifting to the lowest gear in bumper to bumper traffic.( As rightly mentioned in official TeamBHP review).

Nexon/Xuv300 were not considered simply because of the AMT( I am absolutely fine with the AMTs with cars priced below 8.5 lakh OTR. In fact, i did consider Ignis Alpha AMT but dropped it later).

Kiger/Magnite CVT siblings were not considered due to limited dealership presence.

Kia Sonet DCT was eliminated due to long waiting period( 4 -6 months as quoted by dealerships)

Ultimately the real fight was between Brezza Zxi plus AT and Venue Sx plus DCT.So finally after a lot of "if"s and"but"s, decided to go ahead with Venue DCT.

Approached Kothari Hyundai dealership in Pune, since they have most number of showrooms in and around Pune.Quoted waiting period was 2-3 months. Booking was done on 29th September2021 and car got allotted and delivered in the last week of November 2021. Entire buying experience was neat and transparent right from booking till delivery, had to take routine follow-ups for quicker delivery. I purchased basic accessory pack of rubber mats and mud flaps and most importantly opted for extended warranty as it is a must for DCT variants.

Since Maharashtra RTO's new car registration process is entirely online, i believe one can buy car from practically any of the dealer in the state and they will get it registered at your local RTO. I had an option to register the car in both Pune as well as Kolhapur so decided to go ahead with Kolhapur-MH09 registration since it's my hometown.

I drove back to Kolhapur on next morning right after the delivery. The ~250KM drive was absolutely effortless yet fun. FE as per MID was 17 KMPL with speed maintained around 80-90KMPH and occasional kick-down overtakings. City FE is hovering around 9-10KMPL during short trips.

We sold our Brio for a decent price to OLX Autos after evaluating on almost all online used car platforms such as Cars24,Spinny, Ola Cars.

Bidding adieu to my one of the most favourite hatch
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img1439.jpg

First look at the dealer stockyard
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img1578.jpg

All set to unveil
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-54909e470e994bd99baf13937e8637f5.jpg

Mandatory click with cardboard key
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-a2743cfd66494d56adad7b233ae9cbf4.jpg

At Pune society parking
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img1599.jpg

Parked at Kolhapur home
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img1635.jpg

I hope to keep updating my ownership experince on this forum.
Cheers !
AjinkyaP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:38   #432
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue crosses 2.5 lakh sales milestone in 30 months.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-smartselect_20211222103758_twitter.jpg

Quote:
The Venue has clocked total sales of 2,50,518 units, comprising 1,81,829 petrol and 68,689 diesel variants, which makes a ratio of 73:27, which is overwhelmingly in favour of petrol.
Source
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:05   #433
BHPian

Just now booked top end petrol automatic. Model is called sx+ turbo. Price was around 14 lacs. White color was available for immediate delivery
Old 1st January 2022, 20:43   #434

Venue Variant Choice Conundrum

Greetings, fellow BHPians. I imagine most of you must have guessed the reason behind this post from the title. I am hoping to purchase a new Hyundai Venue and am unable to decide which variant to pick. But before I dive into my conundrum, please allow me to give you some context.

I am a Fauji and drive a 2011 vintage Hyundai i10 (Asta variant). The car continues to render yeoman service and I have no cause for complaint. This is probably because of the wonderful quality of materials used by Hyundai and the fact that the car has clocked a meagre 32,000 kms over the last decade. However, to be honest, this could also be attributed to the lack of experience with any premium car brands at my end.

Having said that, I am suffering from a desire to upgrade my car for the past couple of years - primarily to experience an automatic drive train and benefit from the wonders of Android Auto. As a result I have lusted for everything ranging from a Honda City to a Jeep Compass (the latest Octavia would also have been happily included here; but the insane pricing has ensured its exclusion from any such list in the foreseeable future ). But, I am a sucker for value for money and consequently everytime I have came close to biting the proverbial apple, my mind has prevailed over my heart and I have managed to safeguard my hard earned moolah from the jaws of many a car showroom salesman.

But the rapid acceleration in the depreciation of my i10 (as indicated by Cars24) has managed to take care of the value-for-money argument. As a result I am in the market for a new car and to cut a long story short, after checking availability through the CSD (So long, Kia Sonet ); I have shortlisted the Hyundai Venue as my future chariot of choice.

But, it seems that Hyundai just doesn't want to take my money the easy way. They had to make life difficult for everyone concerned by having such a myriad choice of variants with no variant offering everything I wanted. At this juncture, I ask you dear readers that is it too much to expect that my new car should possess all the features which my decade old car already possesses. Fun Fact: my Hyundai i10 has a rear window washer / wiper; which for some strange reason is absent from all but one variant of the Venue. And this variant is not even the topmost variant of the Venue. This, ladies and gents, is the raison d'ętre for this post.

As a result, I have had to resort to making the following spreadsheet to resolve this dilemma.

Name:  Venue Variant Comparison.jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  75.3 KB

Please note that this differentiation is based only on the basis of my personal preferences and I have listed only those features which matter to me. For instance, I don't like the Venue's air purifier at all (because of its flimsy and after-market appearance) and would actually be willing to pay someone to take it out permanently; but I imagine that many of us will disagree and i am cool with it. Another important aspect is the DCT versus iMT debate. I totally get it that a DCT is significantly better than an iMT; but based on my short test drive experience, either of them would rock my boat since they are both an upgrade from my existing 5 speed manual. So, the real question here is whether the DCT is worth the extra dough (and potential trouble) over the iMT?

So, what variant do you guys think I should buy? Thanks in advance for any advice that any of you may have for me.

PS. Whilst I have been called obstinate behind my back more than once; I am willing to look at other options based on the inputs I receive on this forum.
rahilrai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 22:37   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahilrai View Post
Another important aspect is the DCT versus iMT debate. I totally get it that a DCT is significantly better than an iMT; but based on my short test drive experience, either of them would rock my boat since they are both an upgrade from my existing 5 speed manual. So, the real question here is whether the DCT is worth the extra dough (and potential trouble) over the iMT? So, what variant do you guys think I should buy? Thanks in advance for any advice that any of you may have for me.
Honestly, all the 'features' missing in the DCT variant are too minor to even notice.

People use rear wiper only because it is there, not because they need it. Front windscreen needs to be clean during the rains because you are looking ahead all the time. We see the rear windscreen only momentarily. On highways, we use the side view mirrors more often. Do they have wipers?

DCT will feel like a proper upgrade. Go for it. Unless, you really need the side airbags from safety point of view. But then, if safety is your top priority, you wouldn't be looking at Hyundai/Kia brand at all (going by their crash safety record in India).

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st January 2022 at 22:40.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks